Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Htr1d
Description: 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) receptor 1D
Alias: 5-HT-1D, 5-HT1D, AI853647, Gpcr14, Htr1db, 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 1D, 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) receptor 1D beta, G-protein coupled receptor 14, serotonin receptor 1D
- Zhang S, Gershenfeld H. Genetic contributions to body weight in mice: relationship of exploratory behavior to weight. Obes Res. 2003;11:828-38 pubmed..In mice, loci influencing exploratory activity play a modest role in body-weight regulation. Some forms of obesity may emerge from loci regulating normal body weight. ..
- Vesela J, Rehak P, Mihalik J, Czikková S, Pokorny J, Koppel J. Expression of serotonin receptors in mouse oocytes and preimplantation embryos. Physiol Res. 2003;52:223-8 pubmed..Demonstration of the expression of 5-HT1D serotonin receptor in mouse oocytes and preimplantation embryos supports the idea of a functional serotonin (5-HT1D) receptor in early mammalian development. ..
- Mitsikostas D, Sanchez del Rio M, Waeber C. 5-Hydroxytryptamine(1B/1D) and 5-hydroxytryptamine1F receptors inhibit capsaicin-induced c-fos immunoreactivity within mouse trigeminal nucleus caudalis. Cephalalgia. 2002;22:384-94 pubmed
- Wurch T, Palmier C, Colpaert F, Pauwels P. Sequence and functional analysis of cloned guinea pig and rat serotonin 5-HT1D receptors: common pharmacological features within the 5-HT1D receptor subfamily. J Neurochem. 1997;68:410-8 pubmed..In conclusion, the pharmacology of the cloned 5-HT1D receptor subtype seems, unlike the 5-HT1B receptor subtype, conserved among various mammal species such as the human, guinea pig, and rat. ..
- Birkeland M, Copeland N, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, Barclay A. Gene structure and chromosomal localization of the mouse homologue of rat OX40 protein. Eur J Immunol. 1995;25:926-30 pubmed
- Langlois X, Gerard C, Darmon M, Chauveau J, Hamon M, El Mestikawy S. Immunolabeling of central serotonin 5-HT1D beta receptors in the rat, mouse, and guinea pig with a specific anti-peptide antiserum. J Neurochem. 1995;65:2671-81 pubmed
- Mundo E, Richter M, Zai G, Sam F, McBride J, Macciardi F, et al. 5HT1Dbeta Receptor gene implicated in the pathogenesis of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: further evidence from a family-based association study. Mol Psychiatry. 2002;7:805-9 pubmed..Further genetic investigations on this marker considering additional polymorphisms and other quantitative phenotypes related to OCD are warranted. ..
- Cox G, Lutz C, Yang C, Biemesderfer D, Bronson R, Fu A, et al. Sodium/hydrogen exchanger gene defect in slow-wave epilepsy mutant mice. Cell. 1997;91:139-48 pubmed..This first example of a disease-causing mutation in an Nhe gene provides a new tool for studying the delicate balance of neuroexcitability and cell survival within the CNS. ..
- Pathak B, Shull G, Jenkins N, Copeland N. Mouse chromosomal location of four Na/H exchanger isoform genes. Genomics. 1996;31:261-3 pubmed..These loci map to previously defined homologous regions between human and mouse chromosomes and provide additional information regarding human/mouse comparative mapping. ..
- Sun D, Chang A, Jenkins N, Gilbert D, Copeland N, Chang N. Identification, molecular characterization, and chromosomal localization of the cDNA encoding a novel leucine zipper motif-containing protein. Genomics. 1996;36:54-62 pubmed..Interspecific backcross analyses have mapped Luzp to mouse chromosome 4 in proximity to Gpcr14. Comparative mapping data suggest that the human homolog of Luzp will map to human chromosome 1p36.
- Weydert A, Cloez Tayarani I, Fillion M, Simon Chazottes D, Guenet J, Fillion G. Molecular cloning of two partial serotonin 5-HT1D receptor sequences in mouse and one in guinea pig. C R Acad Sci III. 1992;314:429-35 pubmed..A homologous sequence to one of them was cloned in guinea pig. ..