Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Htr1a
Description: 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) receptor 1A
Alias: Gpcr18, 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 1A, 5-HT-1A, 5-HT1A receptor, G-protein coupled receptor 18, serotonin receptor 1A
- Díaz Mataix L, Scorza M, Bortolozzi A, Toth M, Celada P, Artigas F. Involvement of 5-HT1A receptors in prefrontal cortex in the modulation of dopaminergic activity: role in atypical antipsychotic action. J Neurosci. 2005;25:10831-43 pubmed..This mechanism may be involved in the elevation of extracellular DA produced by atypical antipsychotics. ..
- Dulawa S, Gross C, Stark K, Hen R, Geyer M. Knockout mice reveal opposite roles for serotonin 1A and 1B receptors in prepulse inhibition. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2000;22:650-9 pubmed..Findings suggest that 5-HT(1B) receptor activation decreases PPI and habituation, and 5-HT(1A) receptor activation increases PPI in mice. ..
- Sibille E, Pavlides C, Benke D, Toth M. Genetic inactivation of the Serotonin(1A) receptor in mice results in downregulation of major GABA(A) receptor alpha subunits, reduction of GABA(A) receptor binding, and benzodiazepine-resistant anxiety. J Neurosci. 2000;20:2758-65 pubmed..This model mechanistically links together the 5-HT and GABA systems, which both have been implicated in anxiety. A related mechanism may underlie reduced BZ sensitivity in certain forms of anxiety. ..
- Bonnin A, Peng W, Hewlett W, Levitt P. Expression mapping of 5-HT1 serotonin receptor subtypes during fetal and early postnatal mouse forebrain development. Neuroscience. 2006;141:781-94 pubmed..Moreover, all members of the 5-HT1 receptor class are strongly and transiently expressed in the embryonic dorsal thalamus, which suggests a potential role for serotonin in early thalamic development. ..
- Ramboz S, Oosting R, Amara D, Kung H, Blier P, Mendelsohn M, et al. Serotonin receptor 1A knockout: an animal model of anxiety-related disorder. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:14476-81 pubmed
- Tsetsenis T, Ma X, Lo Iacono L, Beck S, Gross C. Suppression of conditioning to ambiguous cues by pharmacogenetic inhibition of the dentate gyrus. Nat Neurosci. 2007;10:896-902 pubmedb>Serotonin receptor 1A knockout (Htr1a(KO)) mice show increased anxiety-related behavior in tests measuring innate avoidance...
- Kobe F, Renner U, Woehler A, Wlodarczyk J, Papusheva E, Bao G, et al. Stimulation- and palmitoylation-dependent changes in oligomeric conformation of serotonin 5-HT1A receptors. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1783:1503-16 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the agonist-mediated decrease of FRET signal was completely abolished in oligomers composed by non-palmitoylated receptor mutants, demonstrating the importance of palmitoylation in modulation of the structure of oligomers. ..
- Klemenhagen K, Gordon J, David D, Hen R, Gross C. Increased fear response to contextual cues in mice lacking the 5-HT1A receptor. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2006;31:101-11 pubmed
- Audero E, Coppi E, Mlinar B, Rossetti T, Caprioli A, Banchaabouchi M, et al. Sporadic autonomic dysregulation and death associated with excessive serotonin autoinhibition. Science. 2008;321:130-3 pubmed publisher..These findings show that excessive serotonin autoinhibition is a risk factor for catastrophic autonomic dysregulation and provide a mechanism for a role of altered serotonin homeostasis in sudden infant death syndrome. ..
- Meunier C, Amar M, Lanfumey L, Hamon M, Fossier P. 5-HT(1A) receptors direct the orientation of plasticity in layer 5 pyramidal neurons of the mouse prefrontal cortex. Neuropharmacology. 2013;71:37-45 pubmed publisher..This brings a new way to intervene on neuronal networks of the PFC in anxiety disorders and schizophrenia. ..
- Knobelman D, Hen R, Blendy J, Lucki I. Regional patterns of compensation following genetic deletion of either 5-hydroxytryptamine(1A) or 5-hydroxytryptamine(1B) receptor in the mouse. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2001;298:1092-100 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate the development of regional plasticity between complementary somatodendritic and terminal autoreceptors after the genetic deletion of 5-HT(1A) or 5-HT(1B) receptors. ..
- Parks C, Robinson P, Sibille E, Shenk T, Toth M. Increased anxiety of mice lacking the serotonin1A receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:10734-9 pubmed..This view is consistent with earlier studies showing that pharmacological activation of the 5-HT system is anxiogenic in animal models and also in humans. ..
- Heisler L, Chu H, Brennan T, Danao J, Bajwa P, Parsons L, et al. Elevated anxiety and antidepressant-like responses in serotonin 5-HT1A receptor mutant mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:15049-54 pubmed..5-HT1A receptor-null mutant mice have potential as a model for investigating mechanisms through which serotonergic systems modulate affective state and mediate the actions of psychiatric drugs. ..
- Knobelman D, Hen R, Lucki I. Genetic regulation of extracellular serotonin by 5-hydroxytryptamine(1A) and 5-hydroxytryptamine(1B) autoreceptors in different brain regions of the mouse. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2001;298:1083-91 pubmed
- Fox M, Stein A, French H, Murphy D. Functional interactions between 5-HT2A and presynaptic 5-HT1A receptor-based responses in mice genetically deficient in the serotonin 5-HT transporter (SERT). Br J Pharmacol. 2010;159:879-87 pubmed publisher..Our findings strongly support the correlation of WAY 100635 induced head twitches with increased 5-HT availability, induced genetically or pharmacologically. ..
- Oakey R, Caron M, Lefkowitz R, Seldin M. Genomic organization of adrenergic and serotonin receptors in the mouse: linkage mapping of sequence-related genes provides a method for examining mammalian chromosome evolution. Genomics. 1991;10:338-44 pubmed..We have identified a region that may have been translocated during evolution and suggest that the human genomic organization of adrenergic receptors more closely resembles that of a putative primordial ancestor. ..
- Rumajogee P, Vergé D, Hanoun N, Brisorgueil M, Hen R, Lesch K, et al. Adaption of the serotoninergic neuronal phenotype in the absence of 5-HT autoreceptors or the 5-HT transporter: involvement of BDNF and cAMP. Eur J Neurosci. 2004;19:937-44 pubmed
- Cunha M, Pazini F, Oliveira A, Machado D, Rodrigues A. Evidence for the involvement of 5-HT1A receptor in the acute antidepressant-like effect of creatine in mice. Brain Res Bull. 2013;95:61-9 pubmed publisher..Of note, the present results also indicate that creatine improves the effectiveness of the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, a finding that may have therapeutic implications for the treatment of depressive disorders. ..
- Bert B, Fink H, Rothe J, Walstab J, Bonisch H. Learning and memory in 5-HT(1A)-receptor mutant mice. Behav Brain Res. 2008;195:78-85 pubmed publisher..Here, we discuss the findings obtained from 5-HT(1A)-receptor knockout and overexpressing mice concerning their learning and memory abilities. ..
- Audero E, Mlinar B, Baccini G, Skachokova Z, Corradetti R, Gross C. Suppression of serotonin neuron firing increases aggression in mice. J Neurosci. 2013;33:8678-88 pubmed publisher..Conditional overexpression of the serotonin 1A receptor (Htr1a) in serotonin neurons showed that a chronic reduction in serotonin neuron firing was associated with heightened ..
- Kusserow H, Davies B, Hörtnagl H, Voigt I, Stroh T, Bert B, et al. Reduced anxiety-related behaviour in transgenic mice overexpressing serotonin 1A receptors. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2004;129:104-16 pubmed
- Czesak M, Lemonde S, Peterson E, Rogaeva A, Albert P. Cell-specific repressor or enhancer activities of Deaf-1 at a serotonin 1A receptor gene polymorphism. J Neurosci. 2006;26:1864-71 pubmed..Cell-specific regulation by Deaf-1 could underlie region-specific alterations in 5-HT1A receptor expression in different mood disorders. ..
- Chiavegatto S, Dawson V, Mamounas L, Koliatsos V, Dawson T, Nelson R. Brain serotonin dysfunction accounts for aggression in male mice lacking neuronal nitric oxide synthase. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:1277-81 pubmed..These results indicate an important role for NO in normal brain 5-HT function and may have significant implications for the treatment of psychiatric disorders characterized by aggressiveness and impulsivity. ..
- Allain A, Meyrand P, Branchereau P. Ontogenic changes of the spinal GABAergic cell population are controlled by the serotonin (5-HT) system: implication of 5-HT1 receptor family. J Neurosci. 2005;25:8714-24 pubmed..Together, our data suggest that, during the course of the embryonic development, 5-HT descending inputs delay the maturation of lumbar spinal motor networks relative to brachial networks. ..
- Bonnavion P, Bernard J, Hamon M, Adrien J, Fabre V. Heterogeneous distribution of the serotonin 5-HT(1A) receptor mRNA in chemically identified neurons of the mouse rostral brainstem: Implications for the role of serotonin in the regulation of wakefulness and REM sleep. J Comp Neurol. 2010;518:2744-70 pubmed publisher..They also provide a neuroanatomical basis for understanding the influence of 5-HT(1A)R on REM sleep and wakefulness. ..
- Wesnes K, Hopkins S, Brooker H, Koblan K. Differences in memory function between 5-HT1A receptor genotypes in patients with major depressive disorder. CNS Spectr. 2016;21:379-384 pubmedWhile extensive literature on the role of the serotonin receptor 1A (5-HT1A-R) in cognition exists, the findings are largely from animal studies...
- Li Q, Holmes A, Ma L, Van de Kar L, Garcia F, Murphy D. Medial hypothalamic 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT)1A receptors regulate neuroendocrine responses to stress and exploratory locomotor activity: application of recombinant adenovirus containing 5-HT1A sequences. J Neurosci. 2004;24:10868-77 pubmed..Thus, the present results demonstrate that medial hypothalamic 5-HT1A receptors regulate stress responses and locomotor activity but may not regulate exploratory anxiety-like behaviors. ..
- You I, Wright S, Garcia Garcia A, Tapper A, Gardner P, Koob G, et al. 5-HT1A Autoreceptors in the Dorsal Raphe Nucleus Convey Vulnerability to Compulsive Cocaine Seeking. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2016;41:1210-22 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our findings support a strategy for antagonizing 5-HT1A autoreceptors for treating cocaine addiction. ..
- Lothe A, Boni C, Costes N, Gorwood P, Bouvard S, Le Bars D, et al. Association between triallelic polymorphism of the serotonin transporter and [18F]MPPF binding potential at 5-HT1A receptors in healthy subjects. Neuroimage. 2009;47:482-92 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that any future PET studies of 5-HT1A receptors should incorporate the 5-HTTLPR polymorphism status of the population studied. ..
- Wyler S, Donovan L, Yeager M, Deneris E. Pet-1 Controls Tetrahydrobiopterin Pathway and Slc22a3 Transporter Genes in Serotonin Neurons. ACS Chem Neurosci. 2015;6:1198-205 pubmed publisher..all 5-HT neurons in the dorsal raphe depend on Pet-1 for Slc22a3 expression; similar results were obtained for Htr1a. Therefore, few if any 5-HT neurons in the dorsal raphe are resistant to loss of Pet-1 for their full neuron-type ..
- Weller A, Leguisamo A, Towns L, Ramboz S, Bagiella E, Hofer M, et al. Maternal effects in infant and adult phenotypes of 5HT1A and 5HT1B receptor knockout mice. Dev Psychobiol. 2003;42:194-205 pubmed
- Uchiumi O, Kasahara Y, Fukui A, Hall F, Uhl G, Sora I. Serotonergic involvement in the amelioration of behavioral abnormalities in dopamine transporter knockout mice by nicotine. Neuropharmacology. 2013;64:348-56 pubmed publisher..These data support the idea that nicotine might ameliorate some of the cognitive dysfunctions found in schizophrenia in a 5-HT1A-dependent fashion. This article is part of a Special Issue entitled 'Cognitive Enhancers'. ..
- Avgustinovich D, Alekseenko O. Behavioral effect of 1A-serotonin receptor agonist ipsapirone in mice previously defeated in male-male encounters. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2001;132:1121-4 pubmed..Ipsapirone was ineffective in victims and effective in intact mice in the wall test. In the Porsolt test the drug prolonged stupor in victims. ..
- Piszczek L, Piszczek A, Kuczmanska J, Audero E, Gross C. Modulation of anxiety by cortical serotonin 1A receptors. Front Behav Neurosci. 2015;9:48 pubmed publisher..The serotonin 1A receptor (Htr1a) is an inhibitory G-protein coupled receptor that is expressed both on serotonin and non-serotonin neurons in ..
- Riga M, Bortolozzi A, Campa L, Artigas F, Celada P. The serotonergic hallucinogen 5-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine disrupts cortical activity in a regionally-selective manner via 5-HT(1A) and 5-HT(2A) receptors. Neuropharmacology. 2016;101:370-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the reversal by antipsychotic drugs of 5-MeO-DMT effects adds to previous literature supporting the usefulness of the present model in antipsychotic drug development. ..
- Baccini G, Mlinar B, Audero E, Gross C, Corradetti R. Impaired chemosensitivity of mouse dorsal raphe serotonergic neurons overexpressing serotonin 1A (Htr1a) receptors. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45072 pubmed publisher..in serotonin homeostasis due to excessive serotonin autoinhibition was produced by inducing serotonin 1A receptor (Htr1a) overexpression selectively in serotonergic neurons (Htr1a raphe-overexpressing or Htr1a(RO) mice)...
- Ishikawa C, Li H, Ogura R, Yoshimura Y, Kudo T, Shirakawa M, et al. Effects of gravity changes on gene expression of BDNF and serotonin receptors in the mouse brain. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177833 pubmed publisher..The modulation of gene expression may constitute molecular bases that underlie behavioral alteration induced by gravity changes. ..
- Deng D, Djalali S, Holtje M, Grosse G, Stroh T, Voigt I, et al. Embryonic and postnatal development of the serotonergic raphe system and its target regions in 5-HT1A receptor deletion or overexpressing mouse mutants. Neuroscience. 2007;147:388-402 pubmed..They may nonetheless contribute to the establishment of increased or reduced anxiety-like behavior, respectively, in adult mice. ..
- Woehler A, Wlodarczyk J, Ponimaskin E. Specific oligomerization of the 5-HT1A receptor in the plasma membrane. Glycoconj J. 2009;26:749-56 pubmed publisher..Palmitoylation increases the tendency of a receptor to localize in lipid rich microdomains of the plasma membrane. This increases the effective surface density of the receptor and provides for a higher level of stochastic interaction. ..
- van den Buuse M, Martin S, Holgate J, Matthaei K, Hendry I. Mice deficient in the alpha subunit of G(z) show changes in pre-pulse inhibition, anxiety and responses to 5-HT(1A) receptor stimulation, which are strongly dependent on the genetic background. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2007;195:273-83 pubmed..Therefore, our results suggest caution when studying the behavioural effects of genetic modifications only in C57Bl/6 mice. ..
- Wu H, Pang S, Liu Q, Wang Q, Cai M, Shang J. 5-HT1A/1B receptors as targets for optimizing pigmentary responses in C57BL/6 mouse skin to stress. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e89663 pubmed publisher..The decrease in tyrosinase activity was further augmented in the presence of 5-HTR1A, 1B and 7 antagonists, WAY100635, SB216641 and SB269970...
- Parks C, Shenk T. The serotonin 1a receptor gene contains a TATA-less promoter that responds to MAZ and Sp1. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:4417-30 pubmed..This initiator sequence differs from previously characterized initiators and may represent a new class of this transcriptional control sequence. ..
- Clement Y, Kia K, Daval G, Verge D. An autoradiographic study of serotonergic receptors in a murine genetic model of anxiety-related behaviors. Brain Res. 1996;709:229-42 pubmed
- Ishikawa C, Shiga T. The postnatal 5-HT1A receptor regulates adult anxiety and depression differently via multiple molecules. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2017;78:66-74 pubmed publisher..In summary, activation of the 5-HT1A receptor during the postnatal period may reduce anxiety levels, but increase depression levels during adulthood via different multiple molecules in the mPFC and ventral hippocampus. ..
- Linge R, JimÃ©nez SÃ¡nchez L, Campa L, Pilar CuÃ©llar F, Vidal R, Pazos A, et al. Cannabidiol induces rapid-acting antidepressant-like effects and enhances cortical 5-HT/glutamate neurotransmission: role of 5-HT1A receptors. Neuropharmacology. 2016;103:16-26 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our findings indicate that CBD could represent a novel fast antidepressant drug, via enhancing both serotonergic and glutamate cortical signalling through a 5-HT1A receptor-dependent mechanism. ..
- Stewart A, Maity B, Wunsch A, Meng F, Wu Q, Wemmie J, et al. Regulator of G-protein signaling 6 (RGS6) promotes anxiety and depression by attenuating serotonin-mediated activation of the 5-HT(1A) receptor-adenylyl cyclase axis. FASEB J. 2014;28:1735-44 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that RGS6 inhibition may represent a viable means to treat mood disorders or enhance the efficacy of serotonergic agents...
- Scullion K, Boychuk J, Yamakawa G, Rodych J, Nakanishi S, Seto A, et al. Serotonin 1A receptors alter expression of movement representations. J Neurosci. 2013;33:4988-99 pubmed publisher..Together our results demonstrate that serotonin, acting through 5-HT1A receptors, plays an excitatory role in forelimb motor map expression. ..
- Li D, Simmons R, Iyengar S. 5HT1A receptor antagonists enhance the functional activity of fluoxetine in a mouse model of feeding. Brain Res. 1998;781:121-8 pubmed
- Naudon L, El Yacoubi M, Vaugeois J, Leroux Nicollet I, Costentin J. A chronic treatment with fluoxetine decreases 5-HT(1A) receptors labeling in mice selected as a genetic model of helplessness. Brain Res. 2002;936:68-75 pubmed
- Kulikov A, Bazovkina D, Moisan M, Mormede P. The mapping of the gene of susceptibility to catalepsy in mice using polymorphic microsatellite markers. Dokl Biol Sci. 2003;393:531-4 pubmed
- Naumenko V, Osipova D, Tsybko A. [On the role of selective silencer Freud-1 in the regulation of the brain 5-HT(1A) receptor gene expression]. Mol Biol (Mosk). 2010;44:898-903 pubmed
- Bert B, Fink H, Hörtnagl H, Veh R, Davies B, Theuring F, et al. Mice over-expressing the 5-HT(1A) receptor in cortex and dentate gyrus display exaggerated locomotor and hypothermic response to 8-OH-DPAT. Behav Brain Res. 2006;167:328-41 pubmed..Therefore, these genetically modified mice represent a promising model for further investigations of the role of 5-HT(1A) receptors. ..
- Popova N, Naumenko V, Plyusnina I. Involvement of brain serotonin 5-HT1A receptors in genetic predisposition to aggressive behavior. Neurosci Behav Physiol. 2007;37:631-5 pubmed..These results led to the conclusion that 5-HT(1A) receptors play a significant role in the mechanisms of genetic predisposition to aggressive behavior. ..
- Valhondo M, Marco I, Martin Fontecha M, Vázquez Villa H, Ramos J, Berkels R, et al. New serotonin 5-HT1A receptor agonists endowed with antinociceptive activity in vivo. J Med Chem. 2013;56:7851-61 pubmed publisher..Thus, the new 5-HT1AR agonist identified in this work, 19, exhibits oral analgesic activity, and the results herein represent a step toward identifying new therapeutics for the control of pain. ..
- Jensen N, Rodriguiz R, Caron M, Wetsel W, Rothman R, Roth B. N-desalkylquetiapine, a potent norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor and partial 5-HT1A agonist, as a putative mediator of quetiapine's antidepressant activity. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2008;33:2303-12 pubmed..Possible contributions of this metabolite to the side effects of quetiapine are discussed. ..
- Ase A, Reader T, Hen R, Riad M, Descarries L. Altered serotonin and dopamine metabolism in the CNS of serotonin 5-HT(1A) or 5-HT(1B) receptor knockout mice. J Neurochem. 2000;75:2415-26 pubmed..Thus, markedly different alterations in CNS monoamine metabolism may contribute to the opposite behavioral phenotypes of these two knockouts. ..
- Telegdy G, Schally A. Involvement of neurotransmitters in the action of growth hormone-releasing hormone antagonist on passive avoidance learning. Behav Brain Res. 2012;233:326-30 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrate that the muscarinic acetylcholine receptor, the 5-HT1/5-HT2 serotonergic receptor and opioid receptors are involved as mediators in the action of MZ-4-71 on the consolidation of passive avoidance learning. ..
- Amargós Bosch M, Bortolozzi A, Puig M, Serrats J, Adell A, Celada P, et al. Co-expression and in vivo interaction of serotonin1A and serotonin2A receptors in pyramidal neurons of prefrontal cortex. Cereb Cortex. 2004;14:281-99 pubmed
- Carola V, Frazzetto G, Gross C. Identifying interactions between genes and early environment in the mouse. Genes Brain Behav. 2006;5:189-99 pubmed..When combined with conditional gene targeting and other molecular genetic techniques available in the mouse, this approach has the potential to identify the molecular mechanisms underlying early gene-environment effects. ..
- Charest A, Wainer B, Albert P. Cloning and differentiation-induced expression of a murine serotonin1A receptor in a septal cell line. J Neurosci. 1993;13:5164-71 pubmed..The SN-48 septal cells will provide a useful cellular model system for investigating aspects of neuronal differentiation leading to the development of sensitivity to serotonergic input. ..
- Sarnyai Z, Sibille E, Pavlides C, Fenster R, McEwen B, Toth M. Impaired hippocampal-dependent learning and functional abnormalities in the hippocampus in mice lacking serotonin(1A) receptors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:14731-6 pubmed
- Pattij T, Hijzen T, Groenink L, Oosting R, van der Gugten J, Maes R, et al. Stress-induced hyperthermia in the 5-HT(1A) receptor knockout mouse is normal. Biol Psychiatry. 2001;49:569-74 pubmed..5 -HT(1A) receptor knockout mice display a normal SIH response, and results indicate, based on the SIH, that the GABA(A)-benzodiazepine receptor complex functions normally. ..
- Wolff M, Costet P, Gross C, Hen R, Segu L, Buhot M. Age-dependent effects of serotonin-1A receptor gene deletion in spatial learning abilities in mice. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2004;130:39-48 pubmed..The reduced effect of the mutation in aged animals possibly reflects the lower efficacy of autoreceptors due to aging and/or a prevalence of hippocampal heteroreceptors. ..
- Pang T, Du X, Zajac M, Howard M, Hannan A. Altered serotonin receptor expression is associated with depression-related behavior in the R6/1 transgenic mouse model of Huntington's disease. Hum Mol Genet. 2009;18:753-66 pubmed publisher..Our findings implicate altered serotonergic signaling as the basis for the development of depression during the preclinical stages of HD. ..
- Groenink L, Bijlsma E, van Bogaert M, Oosting R, Olivier B. Serotonin1A receptor deletion does not interact with maternal separation-induced increases in startle reactivity and prepulse inhibition deficits. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2011;214:353-65 pubmed publisher..The life-long increase in startle reactivity and PPI deficit induced by MS are strain-dependent. Further, the use of startle reactivity and plasticity may have added value in translational studies relating to early life stress. ..
- Ase A, Reader T, Hen R, Riad M, Descarries L. Regional changes in density of serotonin transporter in the brain of 5-HT1A and 5-HT1B knockout mice, and of serotonin innervation in the 5-HT1B knockout. J Neurochem. 2001;78:619-30 pubmed..v) These increases in density of 5-HT innervation provide the first evidence for a negative control of 5-HT neuron growth mediated by 5-HT1B receptors...
- Ferreira T, Iacono L, Gross C. Serotonin receptor 1A modulates actin dynamics and restricts dendritic growth in hippocampal neurons. Eur J Neurosci. 2010;32:18-26 pubmed publisherMice lacking serotonin receptor 1A (Htr1a) display increased anxiety behavior that depends on the expression of the receptor in the forebrain during the third to fifth postnatal weeks...
- Dhingra R, Dutschmann M, Dick T. Blockade of dorsolateral pontine 5HT1A receptors destabilizes the respiratory rhythm in C57BL6/J wild-type mice. Respir Physiol Neurobiol. 2016;226:110-4 pubmed publisher..g., the latency to return to the baseline pattern. Together, these results suggest that the KFn regulates both intrinsic and sensory determinants of respiratory rhythm variability. ..
- Massey C, Kim G, Corcoran A, Haynes R, Paterson D, Cummings K, et al. Development of brainstem 5-HT1A receptor-binding sites in serotonin-deficient mice. J Neurochem. 2013;126:749-57 pubmed publisher..Thus, brainstem 5-HT(1A)-heteroreceptor-binding sites do not appear developmentally sensitive to reduced brain 5-HT levels. ..