Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hspb8
Description: heat shock protein 8
Alias: AU018630, AW413033, Cryac, D5Ucla4, E2IG1, H11, H11K, HSP20-like, HSP22, heat shock protein beta-8, alpha-crystallin C chain, crystallin, alpha C, heat shock 27kDa protein 8, heat shock protein 20-like protein, small stress protein-like protein HSP22
- Laure L, Long R, Lizano P, Zini R, Berdeaux A, Depre C, et al. Cardiac H11 kinase/Hsp22 stimulates oxidative phosphorylation and modulates mitochondrial reactive oxygen species production: Involvement of a nitric oxide-dependent mechanism. Free Radic Biol Med. 2012;52:2168-76 pubmed publisherH11 kinase/Hsp22 (Hsp22), a small heat shock protein upregulated by ischemia/reperfusion, provides cardioprotection equal to ischemic preconditioning (IPC) through a nitric oxide (NO)-dependent mechanism...
- Ramakrishna S, Kim I, Petrovic V, Malin D, Wang I, Kalin T, et al. Myocardium defects and ventricular hypoplasia in mice homozygous null for the Forkhead Box M1 transcription factor. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:1000-13 pubmed..Foxm1 regulates expression of genes essential for the proliferation of cardiomyocytes during heart development. ..
- Welch C, Xia Y, Gu L, Machleder D, Mehrabian M, Wen P, et al. Srb1 maps to mouse chromosome 5 in a region harboring putative QTLs for plasma lipoprotein levels. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:942-4 pubmed
- Ring B, Cordes S, Overbeek P, Barsh G. Regulation of mouse lens fiber cell development and differentiation by the Maf gene. Development. 2000;127:307-17 pubmed..Our results indicate that Maf directly activates many if not all of the (beta)-crystallin genes, and suggest a model for coordinating cell cycle withdrawal with terminal differentiation. ..
- Huang L, Min J, Masters S, Mivechi N, Moskophidis D. Insights into function and regulation of small heat shock protein 25 (HSPB1) in a mouse model with targeted gene disruption. Genesis. 2007;45:487-501 pubmed
- Sanbe A, Marunouchi T, Abe T, Tezuka Y, Okada M, Aoki S, et al. Phenotype of cardiomyopathy in cardiac-specific heat shock protein B8 K141N transgenic mouse. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:8910-21 pubmed publisher..Although the HSPB8 gene causes hereditary motor neuropathy, obvious expression of HSPB8 is also observed in other tissues, such as ..
- Rashed E, Lizano P, Dai H, Thomas A, Suzuki C, Depre C, et al. Heat shock protein 22 (Hsp22) regulates oxidative phosphorylation upon its mitochondrial translocation with the inducible nitric oxide synthase in mammalian heart. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0119537 pubmed publisherStress-inducible heat shock protein 22 (Hsp22) confers protection against ischemia through induction of the inducible isoform of nitric oxide synthase (iNOS)...
- Yamamoto N, Tokuda H, Kuroyanagi G, Kainuma S, Matsushima Nishiwaki R, Fujita K, et al. Heat shock protein 22 (HSPB8) limits TGF-?-stimulated migration of osteoblasts. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;436:1-9 pubmed publisher..HSP22 (HSPB8), a low-molecular weight HSP, is ubiquitously expressed in many cell types...
- Wang L, Zajac A, Hedhli N, Depre C. Increased expression of H11 kinase stimulates glycogen synthesis in the heart. Mol Cell Biochem. 2004;265:71-8 pubmedb>H11 kinase is a serine/threonine kinase preferentially expressed in the heart, which participates in cardiac cell growth and also in cytoprotection during ischemia...
- Smith J, Wadleigh D, Xia Y, Mar R, Herschman H, Lusis A. Cloning and genomic localization of the murine LPS-induced CXC chemokine (LIX) gene, Scyb5. Immunogenetics. 2002;54:599-603 pubmed..The sequence and mapping data suggest that the human ENA78-PBP-PF4 and GCP2- psi PBP-PF4V1 loci arose from an evolutionarily recent duplication of an ancestral locus related to the murine Lix-Pbp-Pf4 locus. ..
- Bany B, Schultz G. Increased expression of a novel heat shock protein transcript in the mouse uterus during decidualization and in response to progesterone. Biol Reprod. 2001;64:284-92 pubmed..In conclusion, we have identified a novel transcript of a potential heat shock protein whose level is significantly increased in the uterus during decidualization and in response to progesterone. ..
- Irobi J, Almeida Souza L, Asselbergh B, de Winter V, Goethals S, Dierick I, et al. Mutant HSPB8 causes motor neuron-specific neurite degeneration. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:3254-65 pubmed publisherMissense mutations (K141N and K141E) in the alpha-crystallin domain of the small heat shock protein HSPB8 (HSP22) cause distal hereditary motor neuropathy (distal HMN) or Charcot-Marie-Tooth neuropathy type 2L (CMT2L)...
- Ramirez Rodriguez G, Babu H, Klempin F, Krylyshkina O, Baekelandt V, Gijsbers R, et al. The ? crystallin domain of small heat shock protein b8 (Hspb8) acts as survival and differentiation factor in adult hippocampal neurogenesis. J Neurosci. 2013;33:5785-96 pubmed publisher..Here, we investigated the small heat shock protein Hspb8, which, because of its pleiotropic prosurvival effects in other systems, was considered a particularly promising ..
- Dimanlig P, Faber S, Auerbach W, Makarenkova H, Lang R. The upstream ectoderm enhancer in Pax6 has an important role in lens induction. Development. 2001;128:4415-24 pubmed..This pathway forms a basis for future analysis of lens induction mechanism. ..
- Klingenspor M, Bodnar J, Welch C, Xia Y, Lusis A, Reue K. Localization of ubiquitin gene family members to mouse chromosomes 5, 11, and 18. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:789-90 pubmed
- Arndt V, Dick N, Tawo R, Dreiseidler M, Wenzel D, Hesse M, et al. Chaperone-assisted selective autophagy is essential for muscle maintenance. Curr Biol. 2010;20:143-8 pubmed publisher..Stv and its mammalian ortholog BAG-3 coordinate the activity of Hsc70 and the small heat shock protein HspB8 during disposal that is initiated by the chaperone-associated ubiquitin ligase CHIP and the autophagic ubiquitin ..
- García Lax N, Tomas Roca L, Marin F. Developmental expression pattern of Hspb8 mRNA in the mouse brain: analysis through online databases. Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2012;295:492-503 pubmed publisherb>Hspb8 is a member of the Hspb family of chaperone-like proteins. It is involved in several neural disorders such as Alzheimer's disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, hereditary distal motor neuropathy, and Charcot-Marie-Tooth's disease...
- Quraishe S, Asuni A, Boelens W, O CONNOR V, Wyttenbach A. Expression of the small heat shock protein family in the mouse CNS: differential anatomical and biochemical compartmentalization. Neuroscience. 2008;153:483-91 pubmed publisher..A distinct white matter specific expression pattern for HspB5 and overlapping expression of HspB1 and HspB8 in the lateral and dorsal ventricles of the brain is observed...