Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hsp20
Description: heat shock protein, alpha-crystallin-related, B6
Alias: AA387366, Gm479, Hsp20, heat shock protein beta-6, cardiac heat shock protein p20, cardiac p20
- Zeng L, Tan J, Lu W, Hu Z. Blockade of Ser16-Hsp20 phosphorylation attenuates neuroprotection dependent upon Bcl-2 and Bax. Curr Neurovasc Res. 2013;10:208-15 pubmed..b>Hsp20, one of the small heat shock proteins, has been implicated in multiple physiological and pathophysiological ..
- Quraishe S, Asuni A, Boelens W, O CONNOR V, Wyttenbach A. Expression of the small heat shock protein family in the mouse CNS: differential anatomical and biochemical compartmentalization. Neuroscience. 2008;153:483-91 pubmed publisher..This biochemical signature is indicative of an association with synaptic and other neural specializations. This observation will help one understand the functional role played by sHsps during physiology and pathology in the CNS. ..
- Ren X, Wu J, Wang X, Sartor M, Jones K, Qian J, et al. MicroRNA-320 is involved in the regulation of cardiac ischemia/reperfusion injury by targeting heat-shock protein 20. Circulation. 2009;119:2357-2366 pubmed publisher..Using TargetScan software and proteomic analysis, we identified heat-shock protein 20 (Hsp20), a known cardioprotective protein, as an important candidate target for miR-320...
- Qian J, Ren X, Wang X, Zhang P, Jones W, Molkentin J, et al. Blockade of Hsp20 phosphorylation exacerbates cardiac ischemia/reperfusion injury by suppressed autophagy and increased cell death. Circ Res. 2009;105:1223-31 pubmed publisher..small heat shock protein (Hsp)20 and its phosphorylation are increased on ischemic insults, and overexpression of Hsp20 protects the heart against ischemia/reperfusion injury...
- Qian J, Vafiadaki E, Florea S, Singh V, Song W, Lam C, et al. Small heat shock protein 20 interacts with protein phosphatase-1 and enhances sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium cycling. Circ Res. 2011;108:1429-38 pubmed publisher..In the heart, the small Hsp20 has emerged as a key mediator of protection against apoptosis, remodeling, and ischemia/reperfusion injury...