Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hoxa5
Description: homeobox A5
Alias: Hox-1.3, homeobox protein Hox-A5, homeo box A5, homeobox protein Hox-1.3, homeobox protein M2
- Aubin J, Lemieux M, Tremblay M, Berard J, Jeannotte L. Early postnatal lethality in Hoxa-5 mutant mice is attributable to respiratory tract defects. Dev Biol. 1997;192:432-45 pubmed..Since expression of Hoxa-5 is confined to the mesenchymal component of the developing trachea and lung, the effects observed in epithelial cells may result from a disruption of normal epithelial-mesenchymal interactions. ..
- Gaunt S, Coletta P, Pravtcheva D, Sharpe P. Mouse Hox-3.4: homeobox sequence and embryonic expression patterns compared with other members of the Hox gene network. Development. 1990;109:329-39 pubmed..4 expression within the spinal cord and the testis are very similar to those shown by a neighbouring Hox-3 gene (Hox-3.3), but they are quite different from those shown by Hox-1 genes (Hox-1.2, -1.3 and -1.4). ..
- Gendronneau G, Boucherat O, Aubin J, Lemieux M, Jeannotte L. The loss of Hoxa5 function causes estrous acyclicity and ovarian epithelial inclusion cysts. Endocrinology. 2012;153:1484-97 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we reported that in adult mice, the Hoxa5 gene shows a dynamic expression profile in the ovary that depends on the estrous cycle, the gestational status, ..
- Odenwald W, Taylor C, Palmer Hill F, Friedrich V, Tani M, Lazzarini R. Expression of a homeo domain protein in noncontact-inhibited cultured cells and postmitotic neurons. Genes Dev. 1987;1:482-96 pubmed..This complex pattern of expression suggests that Hox 1.3 may provide a function required by many cell types in addition to any role it may have in morphogenesis. ..
- Aubin J, Chailler P, Menard D, Jeannotte L. Loss of Hoxa5 gene function in mice perturbs intestinal maturation. Am J Physiol. 1999;277:C965-73 pubmed..One member of this family, Hoxa5, displays a dynamic pattern of expression during gut development...
- Aubin J, Déry U, Lemieux M, Chailler P, Jeannotte L. Stomach regional specification requires Hoxa5-driven mesenchymal-epithelial signaling. Development. 2002;129:4075-87 pubmed..We have examined the role of Hox genes in gut patterning using the Hoxa5(-/-) mice as a model. Hoxa5 is expressed in a dynamic fashion in the mesenchymal component of the developing gut...
- Kim S, Paylor S, Magnuson T, Schumacher A. Juxtaposed Polycomb complexes co-regulate vertebral identity. Development. 2006;133:4957-68 pubmed..BMI1 complexes, along with YY1 and methylated H3-K27, were detected in upstream regulatory regions of Hoxc8 and Hoxa5. The combined data suggest a model wherein epigenetic and genetic elements cooperatively recruit and retain ..
- Larochelle C, Tremblay M, Bernier D, Aubin J, Jeannotte L. Multiple cis-acting regulatory regions are required for restricted spatio-temporal Hoxa5 gene expression. Dev Dyn. 1999;214:127-40 pubmedGenetic analyses have revealed the essential role of the murine Hoxa5 gene for the correct specification of the cervical and upper thoracic region of the skeleton, and for the normal organogenesis and function of the respiratory tract, ..
- Meunier D, Aubin J, Jeannotte L. Perturbed thyroid morphology and transient hypothyroidism symptoms in Hoxa5 mutant mice. Dev Dyn. 2003;227:367-78 pubmed..A phenotypical survey of the Hoxa5(-/-) mutant mice shows that the surviving mutants display symptoms of hypothyroidism, including transient growth ..
- Kostic D, Capecchi M. Targeted disruptions of the murine Hoxa-4 and Hoxa-6 genes result in homeotic transformations of components of the vertebral column. Mech Dev. 1994;46:231-47 pubmed..The analysis of double, triple and even quadruple mutants should determine the ways in which these Hox genes interact in order to specify the multitude of tissues in a restricted region of the developing mouse embryo. ..
- Joksimovic M, Jeannotte L, Tuggle C. Dynamic expression of murine HOXA5 protein in the central nervous system. Gene Expr Patterns. 2005;5:792-800 pubmed..As for other Hox genes, region-specific expression of Hoxa5 appears to be important for correct function during development...
- Garin E, Lemieux M, Coulombe Y, Robinson G, Jeannotte L. Stromal Hoxa5 function controls the growth and differentiation of mammary alveolar epithelium. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:1858-71 pubmed..Several Hox genes are expressed in normal and neoplastic mammary glands. Using Hoxa5 mutant mice, we showed that Hoxa5-/- females present nursing defects...
- Tabariès S, Lemieux M, Aubin J, Jeannotte L. Comparative analysis of Hoxa5 allelic series. Genesis. 2007;45:218-28 pubmedAnalysis of the Hoxa5(-/-) mutants has revealed the critical role of Hoxa5 in survival, specification of axial identity, and ontogeny of organs, including the respiratory tract...
- McIntyre D, Rakshit S, Yallowitz A, Loken L, Jeannotte L, Capecchi M, et al. Hox patterning of the vertebrate rib cage. Development. 2007;134:2981-9 pubmed..Thus, the ;Hox code' in somitic mesoderm is the result of the distinct, graded effects of two or more Hox paralogous groups functioning in any anteroposterior location. ..
- Coulombe Y, Lemieux M, Moreau J, Aubin J, Joksimovic M, Bérubé Simard F, et al. Multiple promoters and alternative splicing: Hoxa5 transcriptional complexity in the mouse embryo. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10600 pubmed publisher..Multiple overlapping transcriptional units exist at the Hoxa5 locus reflecting the complexity of Hox clustering: a major form of 1...
- Jeannotte L, Ruiz J, Robertson E. Low level of Hox1.3 gene expression does not preclude the use of promoterless vectors to generate a targeted gene disruption. off. Mol Cell Biol. 1991;11:5578-85 pubmed
- Boucherat O, Montaron S, Bérubé Simard F, Aubin J, Philippidou P, Wellik D, et al. Partial functional redundancy between Hoxa5 and Hoxb5 paralog genes during lung morphogenesis. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2013;304:L817-30 pubmed publisher..A subset of Hox genes are expressed in the developing lung. Except for Hoxa5, the lack of overt lung phenotype in single mutants suggests that Hox genes may not play a predominant role in ..
- Dony C, Gruss P. Specific expression of the Hox 1.3 homeo box gene in murine embryonic structures originating from or induced by the mesoderm. EMBO J. 1987;6:2965-75 pubmed..These data suggest a role of Hox 1.3 gene in the generation of tissues derived from or induced by the embryonal mesoderm. ..
- Nazarali A, Kim Y, Nirenberg M. Hox-1.11 and Hox-4.9 homeobox genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:2883-7 pubmed..3 and Hox-4.2 genomic DNA revealed some differences in nucleotide sequences and in the deduced homeodomain amino acid sequences compared with the sequences that have been reported. ..
- Wolgemuth D, Behringer R, Mostoller M, Brinster R, Palmiter R. Transgenic mice overexpressing the mouse homoeobox-containing gene Hox-1.4 exhibit abnormal gut development. Nature. 1989;337:464-7 pubmed..This overexpression correlated with changes in the normal developmental program of the gut, resulting in an inherited abnormal phenotype known as megacolon. ..
- Moore K, D Amore Bruno M, Korfhagen T, Glasser S, Whitsett J, Jenkins N, et al. Chromosomal localization of three pulmonary surfactant protein genes in the mouse. Genomics. 1992;12:388-93 pubmed..The mouse map locations determined in this study for the Sftp genes are consistent with the locations of these genes on the human genetic map and the syntenic relationships between the human and the mouse genomes. ..
- di Meglio T, Kratochwil C, Vilain N, Loche A, Vitobello A, Yonehara K, et al. Ezh2 orchestrates topographic migration and connectivity of mouse precerebellar neurons. Science. 2013;339:204-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, Ezh2-dependent epigenetic regulation of intrinsic and extrinsic transcriptional programs controls topographic neuronal guidance and connectivity in the cortico-ponto-cerebellar pathway. ..
- Zhao J, Lazzarini R, Pick L. Functional dissection of the mouse Hox-a5 gene. EMBO J. 1996;15:1313-22 pubmed..Our results suggest that this type of protein-protein interaction may be essential for the biological activities of Hox-a5 and Scr. ..
- Xi S, Zhu H, Xu H, Schmidtmann A, Geiman T, Muegge K. Lsh controls Hox gene silencing during development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:14366-71 pubmed..Moreover, Lsh can associate with PRC1 components and influence PRC-mediated histone modifications. Thus Lsh is part of a physiological feedback loop that reinforces DNA methylation and silencing of PRC targets. ..
- Bérubé Simard F, Jeannotte L. Hoxa5/Cre transgenic mice: novel tools for regional deletion along the anterior-posterior axis. Genesis. 2014;52:149-56 pubmed publisherThe Hoxa5 homeobox gene encodes a transcription factor that plays a critical role in specifying the identity of the cervico-thoracic region along the anterior-posterior embryo axis and in orchestrating organ morphogenesis...
- Li Z, Shiota K. Stage-specific homeotic vertebral transformations in mouse fetuses induced by maternal hyperthermia during somitogenesis. Dev Dyn. 1999;216:336-48 pubmed
- Neijts R, Amin S, van Rooijen C, Deschamps J. Cdx is crucial for the timing mechanism driving colinear Hox activation and defines a trunk segment in the Hox cluster topology. Dev Biol. 2017;422:146-154 pubmed publisher..Subsequently to initial Wnt-induced activation of 3' Hox genes, Cdx transcription factors would act as crucial effectors for activating central Hox genes, until the last gene of the cluster arrests the process. ..
- Karamitros D, Patmanidi A, Kotantaki P, Potocnik A, BÃ¤hr Ivacevic T, Benes V, et al. Geminin deletion increases the number of fetal hematopoietic stem cells by affecting the expression of key transcription factors. Development. 2015;142:70-81 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that geminin is indispensable for fetal hematopoiesis and regulates the generation of a physiological pool of stem and progenitor cells in the fetal hematopoietic system. ..
- Singh S, Rajput Y, Barui A, Sharma R, Datta T. Fat accumulation in differentiated brown adipocytes is linked with expression of Hox genes. Gene Expr Patterns. 2016;20:99-105 pubmed publisher..In presence of these inducing agents, lipid accumulation as well as expression of HoxA1, HoxA5, HoxC4 &HoxC8 markedly enhanced. Irrespective of presence or absence of T3, insulin down regulates HoxA10...
- Palmesino E, Rousso D, Kao T, Klar A, Laufer E, Uemura O, et al. Foxp1 and lhx1 coordinate motor neuron migration with axon trajectory choice by gating Reelin signalling. PLoS Biol. 2010;8:e1000446 pubmed publisher..Together, these observations point to identical transcription factors that control motor axon guidance and soma migration and reveal the molecular hierarchy of myotopic organisation. ..
- Zhu Y, Cuevas I, Gabriel R, Su H, Nishimura S, Gao P, et al. Restoring transcription factor HoxA5 expression inhibits the growth of experimental hemangiomas in the brain. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2009;68:626-32 pubmed publisher..We previously showed that the transcription factor homeobox A5 (HoxA5), which is absent in activated angiogenic endothelial cells can block angiogenesis...
- Voss A, Collin C, Dixon M, Thomas T. Moz and retinoic acid coordinately regulate H3K9 acetylation, Hox gene expression, and segment identity. Dev Cell. 2009;17:674-86 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data show that Moz regulates H3K9 acetylation at Hox gene loci and that RA can act independently of Moz to establish specific Hox gene expression boundaries. ..
- OrdÃ³Ã±ez MorÃ¡n P, Dafflon C, Imajo M, Nishida E, Huelsken J. HOXA5 Counteracts Stem Cell Traits by Inhibiting Wnt Signaling in Colorectal Cancer. Cancer Cell. 2015;28:815-829 pubmed publisher..Here we identify HOXA5 as an important repressor of intestinal stem cell fate in vivo and identify a reciprocal feedback between HOXA5 ..
- Isono K, Mizutani Koseki Y, Komori T, Schmidt Zachmann M, Koseki H. Mammalian polycomb-mediated repression of Hox genes requires the essential spliceosomal protein Sf3b1. Genes Dev. 2005;19:536-41 pubmed..Importantly, the levels of Sf3b1 in PcG complexes were decreased in Sf3b1-heterozygous embryos. These findings suggest that Sf3b1-PcG protein interaction is essential for true PcG-mediated repression of Hox genes. ..
- Bérubé Simard F, Prudhomme C, Jeannotte L. YY1 acts as a transcriptional activator of Hoxa5 gene expression in mouse organogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e93989 pubmed publisher..The Hoxa5 gene plays a crucial role in lung and gut organogenesis...
- Abbott M, Joksimovic M, Tuggle C. Ectopic HOXA5 expression results in abnormal differentiation, migration and p53-independent cell death of superficial dorsal horn neurons. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 2005;159:87-97 pubmedPreviously, we reported a line of mice (Hoxa5SV2) that ectopically expresses HOXA5 in the developing cervical and brachial dorsal spinal cord...
- Yang D, Zhang X, Dong Y, Liu X, Wang T, Wang X, et al. Enforced expression of Hoxa5 in haematopoietic stem cells leads to aberrant erythropoiesis in vivo. Cell Cycle. 2015;14:612-20 pubmed publisherb>Hoxa5 is preferentially expressed in haematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) and multipotent progenitor cells (MPPs), and is more highly expressed in expanding HSCs...
- Li Q, Wang H, Chepelev I, Zhu Q, Wei G, Zhao K, et al. Stage-dependent and locus-specific role of histone demethylase Jumonji D3 (JMJD3) in the embryonic stages of lung development. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004524 pubmed publisher..Our study provides molecular insights into the mechanisms by which Jmjd3 regulates target gene expression in the embryonic stages of lung development. ..
- Li Z, Kawasumi M, Zhao B, Moisyadi S, Yang J. Transgenic over-expression of growth differentiation factor 11 propeptide in skeleton results in transformation of the seventh cervical vertebra into a thoracic vertebra. Mol Reprod Dev. 2010;77:990-7 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated significant effects of GDF11 propeptide transgene on vertebral formation, which are likely occurring through depressing GDF11 function and altered locations of Hoxa-4 and Hoxa-5 expression. ..
- Sheth R, Barozzi I, Langlais D, Osterwalder M, Nemec S, Carlson H, et al. Distal Limb Patterning Requires Modulation of cis-Regulatory Activities by HOX13. Cell Rep. 2016;17:2913-2926 pubmed publisher..Our results show that proper termination of the early limb transcriptional program and activation of the late-distal limb program are coordinated by the dual action of HOX13 on cis-regulatory modules. ..
- Dressler G, Gruss P. Anterior boundaries of Hox gene expression in mesoderm-derived structures correlate with the linear gene order along the chromosome. Differentiation. 1989;41:193-201 pubmed..The data suggest that Hox genes may specify positional information along the anterior-posterior axis during the formation of the body plan...
- Kojic S, Nestorovic A, Rakicevic L, Belgrano A, Stankovic M, Divac A, et al. A novel role for cardiac ankyrin repeat protein Ankrd1/CARP as a co-activator of the p53 tumor suppressor protein. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2010;502:60-7 pubmed publisher..It is probable that Ankrd1/CARP has a role in the propagation of signals initiated by myogenic regulatory factors (MRFs) during myogenesis. ..
- Takihara Y, Tomotsune D, Shirai M, Katoh Fukui Y, Nishii K, Motaleb M, et al. Targeted disruption of the mouse homologue of the Drosophila polyhomeotic gene leads to altered anteroposterior patterning and neural crest defects. Development. 1997;124:3673-82 pubmed..These results indicate that the rae28 gene is involved in the regulation of Hox gene expression and segment specification during paraxial mesoderm and neural crest development. ..
- Bernstein B, Kamal M, Lindblad Toh K, Bekiranov S, Bailey D, Huebert D, et al. Genomic maps and comparative analysis of histone modifications in human and mouse. Cell. 2005;120:169-81 pubmed..This suggests that the DNA elements that direct the methylation represent only a small fraction of the region or lie at some distance from the site. ..
- Lizen B, Hutlet B, Bissen D, Sauvegarde D, Hermant M, Ahn M, et al. HOXA5 localization in postnatal and adult mouse brain is suggestive of regulatory roles in postmitotic neurons. J Comp Neurol. 2017;525:1155-1175 pubmed publisherb>Hoxa5 is a member of the Hox gene family, which plays critical roles in successive steps of the central nervous system formation during embryonic and fetal development...
- Foucher I, Volovitch M, Frain M, Kim J, Souberbielle J, Gan L, et al. Hoxa5 overexpression correlates with IGFBP1 upregulation and postnatal dwarfism: evidence for an interaction between Hoxa5 and Forkhead box transcription factors. Development. 2002;129:4065-74 pubmedTransgenic mice expressing the homeobox gene Hoxa5 under the control of Hoxb2 regulatory elements present a growth arrest during weeks two and three of postnatal development, resulting in proportionate dwarfism...
- van der Lugt N, Alkema M, Berns A, Deschamps J. The Polycomb-group homolog Bmi-1 is a regulator of murine Hox gene expression. Mech Dev. 1996;58:153-64 pubmed..5 onwards. We discuss the possibility that members of the murine Polycomb-group can form multimeric protein complexes of different compositions with varying affinity or specificity for different subsets of Hox genes. ..
- Kawazoe Y, Sekimoto T, Araki M, Takagi K, Araki K, Yamamura K. Region-specific gastrointestinal Hox code during murine embryonal gut development. Dev Growth Differ. 2002;44:77-84 pubmed
- Volpe M, Wang K, Nielsen H, Chinoy M. Unique spatial and cellular expression patterns of Hoxa5, Hoxb4, and Hoxb6 proteins in normal developing murine lung are modified in pulmonary hypoplasia. Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol. 2008;82:571-84 pubmed publisher..Our objective was to determine how pulmonary hypoplasia alters temporal, spatial, and cellular expression of Hoxa5, Hoxb4, and Hoxb6 proteins compared to normal lung development...
- TomÃ¡s Roca L, Corral San Miguel R, Aroca P, Puelles L, MarÃn F. Crypto-rhombomeres of the mouse medulla oblongata, defined by molecular and morphological features. Brain Struct Funct. 2016;221:815-38 pubmed publisher..Additionally, our analysis identified an internal molecular organization of the migrated pontine nuclei that reflects a differential segmental origin of their neurons as assessed by Hox gene expression. ..
- Landry Truchon K, Fournier S, Houde N, Rousseau J, Jeannotte L, Kinkead R. Respiratory consequences of targeted losses of Hoxa5 gene function in mice. J Exp Biol. 2017;220:4571-4577 pubmed publisher..b>HOXA5, which is expressed in the mesenchyme of the trachea, lung and diaphragm, and in phrenic motor neurons, is a key ..
- Ye A, Kim H, Kim J. PEG3 control on the mammalian MSL complex. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178363 pubmed publisher..Overall, the current study reports that Peg3 may control its downstream genes through mammalian MSL. ..
- Sheikh B, Downer N, Kueh A, Thomas T, Voss A. Excessive versus physiologically relevant levels of retinoic acid in embryonic stem cell differentiation. Stem Cells. 2014;32:1451-8 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that using RA at physiologically relevant levels to study the activation of Hox genes, more accurately reflects the molecular events during the early phase of Hox gene activation in vivo. ..
- Cao W, Xu Y, Luo D, Saeed M, Sun C. Hoxa5 Promotes Adipose Differentiation via Increasing DNA Methylation Level and Inhibiting PKA/HSL Signal Pathway in Mice. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2018;45:1023-1033 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, the family of Homeobox transcription factors is implicated in the regulation of adipocyte fate. Hoxa5 is highly expressed in adipocytes, and its mRNA expression is decreased during differentiation...
- Scotti M, Kmita M. Recruitment of 5' Hoxa genes in the allantois is essential for proper extra-embryonic function in placental mammals. Development. 2012;139:731-9 pubmed publisher..Finally, using a series of targeted recombination and transgenic assays, we provide evidence that the regulatory mechanism underlying Hoxa expression in the allantois is extremely complex and relies on several cis-regulatory sequences...
- Wang J, Mager J, Schnedier E, Magnuson T. The mouse PcG gene eed is required for Hox gene repression and extraembryonic development. Mamm Genome. 2002;13:493-503 pubmed..However, genetic crosses with a Mash2 null allele suggested that Eed was not required to maintain Mash2 imprinting, but could be required in a lineage specific fashion to suppress Mash2 expression. ..
- Wu S, Ying G, Wu Q, Capecchi M. Toward simpler and faster genome-wide mutagenesis in mice. Nat Genet. 2007;39:922-30 pubmed
- Kinkead R, LeBlanc M, Gulemetova R, Lalancette Hébert M, Lemieux M, Mandeville I, et al. Respiratory adaptations to lung morphological defects in adult mice lacking Hoxa5 gene function. Pediatr Res. 2004;56:553-62 pubmedThe Hoxa5 mutation is associated with a high perinatal mortality rate caused by a severe obstruction of the laryngotracheal airways, pulmonary dysmorphogenesis, and a decreased production of surfactant proteins...
- Ivins S, Lammerts van Beuren K, Roberts C, James C, Lindsay E, Baldini A, et al. Microarray analysis detects differentially expressed genes in the pharyngeal region of mice lacking Tbx1. Dev Biol. 2005;285:554-69 pubmed..These experiments highlight which genes and pathways potentially affected by lack of Tbx1, and whose role may be explored further by testing for epistasis using mouse mutants. ..
- Akasaka T, Kanno M, Balling R, Mieza M, Taniguchi M, Koseki H. A role for mel-18, a Polycomb group-related vertebrate gene, during theanteroposterior specification of the axial skeleton. Development. 1996;122:1513-22 pubmed
- Takahashi N, Ko M. The short 3'-end region of complementary DNAs as PCR-based polymorphic markers for an expression map of the mouse genome. Genomics. 1993;16:161-8 pubmed
- Pellerin I, Schnabel C, Catron K, Abate C. Hox proteins have different affinities for a consensus DNA site that correlate with the positions of their genes on the hox cluster. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:4532-45 pubmed..In this study, we characterized the DNA binding properties of five representative members of the Hox family: HoxA5, HoxB4, HoxA7, HoxC8, and HoxB1...
- Bogue C, Gross I, Vasavada H, Dynia D, Wilson C, Jacobs H. Identification of Hox genes in newborn lung and effects of gestational age and retinoic acid on their expression. Am J Physiol. 1994;266:L448-54 pubmed..We conclude that there are many homeobox genes expressed in developing rodent lung and that their mRNA levels are affected by both gestational age and RA...
- Watrin F, Wolgemuth D. Conservation and divergence of patterns of expression and lineage-specific transcripts in orthologues and paralogues of the mouse Hox-1.4 gene. Dev Biol. 1993;156:136-45 pubmed..4, Hox-1.3 and Hox-1.5, are expressed in the germ line but at lower levels. Further, both Hox-1.3 and Hox-1.4 produced unique, germ line-specific transcripts as compared to other adult tissues and the Day 12.5 embryo. ..
- Lobe C. Activation of Hox gene expression by Hoxa-5. DNA Cell Biol. 1995;14:817-23 pubmed
- Baron A, Featherstone M, Hill R, Hall A, Galliot B, Duboule D. Hox-1.6: a mouse homeo-box-containing gene member of the Hox-1 complex. EMBO J. 1987;6:2977-86 pubmed..6 transcripts were present both in embryonic total RNA and in embryonal carcinoma cell cytoplasmic RNA. These various transcripts are probably generated by an alternative splicing mechanism and may thus encode a set of related proteins. ..
- Parisi I, Collinson J. Regulation of Merkel cell development by Pax6. Int J Dev Biol. 2012;56:341-50 pubmed publisher..Pax6 is expressed in developing Merkel cells as a nucleo-cytoplasmic shuttling protein and its activity is required for normal differentiation, possibly through regulating cell maturation. ..
- Cuevas I, Layman H, Coussens L, Boudreau N. Sustained endothelial expression of HoxA5 in vivo impairs pathological angiogenesis and tumor progression. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0121720 pubmed publisherb>HoxA5 is expressed in quiescent endothelial cells (EC), but absent in activated angiogenic EC...
- Isono K, Fujimura Y, Shinga J, Yamaki M, O Wang J, Takihara Y, et al. Mammalian polyhomeotic homologues Phc2 and Phc1 act in synergy to mediate polycomb repression of Hox genes. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:6694-706 pubmed..Functional redundancy between Phc2 and Phc1 leads us to hypothesize that the overall level of polyhomeotic orthologues in nuclei is a parameter that is critical in enabling the class II PcG complexes to exert their molecular functions. ..
- Masuya H, Sagai T, Wakana S, Moriwaki K, Shiroishi T. A duplicated zone of polarizing activity in polydactylous mouse mutants. Genes Dev. 1995;9:1645-53 pubmed..All results indicate the presence of an additional ZPA at the anterior margin of limb buds in these mutants. Thus, it appears that multiple endogenous genes regulate the spatial localization of the ZPA in the developing mouse limb bud. ..
- Hershko A, Kafri T, Fainsod A, Razin A. Methylation of HoxA5 and HoxB5 and its relevance to expression during mouse development. Gene. 2003;302:65-72 pubmed..Here we describe the methylation patterns of HoxA5 and HoxB5 in various tissues of fetal and adult mice and their relevance to expression...
- Pitera J, Smith V, Thorogood P, Milla P. Coordinated expression of 3' hox genes during murine embryonal gut development: an enteric Hox code. Gastroenterology. 1999;117:1339-51 pubmed..Region-specific domains were present in the stomach and cecum. The expression patterns of genes in paralogous groups 4 and 5 suggest that they are organized to form a specific enteric Hox code required for correct enteric development. ..