Genomes and Genes
HORMA domain containing protein
Gene Symbol: HORMA domain containing protein
Description: HORMA domain containing 1
Alias: 4921522K05Rik, Nohma, HORMA domain-containing protein 1, HORMA domain containing protein, newborn ovary HORMA protein
Products: HORMA domain containing protein
- Fukuda T, Pratto F, Schimenti J, Turner J, Camerini Otero R, Hoog C. Phosphorylation of chromosome core components may serve as axis marks for the status of chromosomal events during mammalian meiosis. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002485 pubmed publisher..We propose that modifications of chromosome axis components serve as signals that facilitate chromosomal events including recombination, checkpoint control, transcription, and synapsis regulation...
- Jordan P, Karppinen J, Handel M. Polo-like kinase is required for synaptonemal complex disassembly and phosphorylation in mouse spermatocytes. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:5061-72 pubmed publisher..These findings provide mechanistic details of the first stage of SC disassembly in mammalian spermatocytes, and reveal that PLK-mediated phosphorylation of central element proteins is required for meiotic prophase exit...
- Wojtasz L, Cloutier J, Baumann M, Daniel K, Varga J, Fu J, et al. Meiotic DNA double-strand breaks and chromosome asynapsis in mice are monitored by distinct HORMAD2-independent and -dependent mechanisms. Genes Dev. 2012;26:958-73 pubmed publisher..Thus, we provide convincing evidence for the existence of a distinct asynapsis surveillance mechanism that safeguards the ploidy of the mammalian germline. ..
- Winters T, McNicoll F, Jessberger R. Meiotic cohesin STAG3 is required for chromosome axis formation and sister chromatid cohesion. EMBO J. 2014;33:1256-70 pubmed publisher..No other deficiency in a single meiosis-specific cohesin causes a phenotype as drastic as STAG3 deficiency. STAG3 emerges as the key STAG cohesin involved in major functions of meiotic cohesin. ..
- Stanzione M, Baumann M, Papanikos F, Dereli I, Lange J, Ramlal A, et al. Meiotic DNA break formation requires the unsynapsed chromosome axis-binding protein IHO1 (CCDC36) in mice. Nat Cell Biol. 2016;18:1208-1220 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose that HORMAD1-IHO1 interaction provides a mechanism for the selective promotion of DSB formation along unsynapsed chromosome axes. ..
- Shin Y, Ren Y, Suzuki H, Golnoski K, Ahn H, Mico V, et al. Transcription factors SOHLH1 and SOHLH2 coordinate oocyte differentiation without affecting meiosis I. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:2106-2117 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that Sohlh1 and Sohlh2 are essential regulators of oocyte differentiation but do not affect meiosis I. ..