Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hook1
Description: hook microtubule tethering protein 1
Alias: A930033L17Rik, azh, protein Hook homolog 1, abnormal spermatozoon head shape, hook homolog 1, mHK1
- Mendoza Lujambio I, Burfeind P, Dixkens C, Meinhardt A, Hoyer Fender S, Engel W, et al. The Hook1 gene is non-functional in the abnormal spermatozoon head shape (azh) mutant mouse. Hum Mol Genet. 2002;11:1647-58 pubmedIn mice carrying the autosomal recessive mutation 'abnormal spermatozoon head shape' (azh) all spermatozoa display a highly abnormal head morphology that differs drastically from the compact and hook-shaped head of the normal murine sperm...
- Nayernia K, Vauti F, Meinhardt A, Cadenas C, Schweyer S, Meyer B, et al. Inactivation of a testis-specific Lis1 transcript in mice prevents spermatid differentiation and causes male infertility. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:48377-85 pubmed..These results provide evidence for an essential and hitherto uncharacterized role of the Lis1 protein in spermatogenesis, particularly in the differentiation of spermatids into spermatozoa. ..
- Yamauchi Y, Ward M. Preservation of ejaculated mouse spermatozoa from fertile C57BL/6 and infertile Hook1/Hook1 mice collected from the uteri of mated females. Biol Reprod. 2007;76:1002-8 pubmed..Here we obtained multiple samples of ejaculated spermatozoa from normal fertile C57BL/6 and infertile Hook1/Hook1 (formerly known as azh/azh) mutant males from uteri after mating, thus avoiding termination of the males...
- Appler J, Lu C, Druckenbrod N, Yu W, Koundakjian E, Goodrich L. Gata3 is a critical regulator of cochlear wiring. J Neurosci. 2013;33:3679-91 pubmed publisher..As the first auditory-specific regulator of SGN development, Gata3 provides a useful molecular entry point for efforts to engineer SGNs for the restoration of hearing. ..
- Weimer J, Chattopadhyay S, Custer A, Pearce D. Elevation of Hook1 in a disease model of Batten disease does not affect a novel interaction between Ankyrin G and Hook1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;330:1176-81 pubmedb>Hook1 is a member of a family of microtubule-binding proteins. Studies on the Drosophila homolog of Hook1 have suggested a role in the maturation and trafficking of internalized proteins to the late endosome...
- Moreno R, Palomino J, Schatten G. Assembly of spermatid acrosome depends on microtubule organization during mammalian spermiogenesis. Dev Biol. 2006;293:218-27 pubmed..The microtubule network of round spermatids of azh/azh mice also became disorganized...
- Olenick M, Tokito M, Boczkowska M, Dominguez R, Holzbaur E. Hook Adaptors Induce Unidirectional Processive Motility by Enhancing the Dynein-Dynactin Interaction. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:18239-51 pubmed publisher..Here we investigate the role of mammalian Hook proteins, Hook1 and Hook3, as potential motor adaptors...