Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Homer3
Description: homer scaffolding protein 3
Alias: AW146114, homer protein homolog 3, homer homolog 3, homer, neuronal immediate early gene, 3, homer-3
- Mizutani A, Kuroda Y, Futatsugi A, Furuichi T, Mikoshiba K. Phosphorylation of Homer3 by calcium/calmodulin-dependent kinase II regulates a coupling state of its target molecules in Purkinje cells. J Neurosci. 2008;28:5369-82 pubmed publisher..mice, in which CaMKII activation was reduced, the levels of Homer3 phosphorylation and the soluble form of Homer 3 were markedly lower...
- Tao Cheng J, Thein S, Yang Y, Reese T, Gallant P. Homer is concentrated at the postsynaptic density and does not redistribute after acute synaptic stimulation. Neuroscience. 2014;266:80-90 pubmed publisher..In contrast, Shank and calcium/calmodulin-dependent kinase II (CaMKII) accumulate at the PSD upon NMDA treatment, and CaMKII is excluded from the PSD complex under low calcium conditions. ..
- Shiraishi Y, Mizutani A, Bito H, Fujisawa K, Narumiya S, Mikoshiba K, et al. Cupidin, an isoform of Homer/Vesl, interacts with the actin cytoskeleton and activated rho family small GTPases and is expressed in developing mouse cerebellar granule cells. J Neurosci. 1999;19:8389-400 pubmed
- Shiraishi Y, Mizutani A, Yuasa S, Mikoshiba K, Furuichi T. Differential expression of Homer family proteins in the developing mouse brain. J Comp Neurol. 2004;473:582-99 pubmed..These results demonstrate that Homer family members have distinct regional, cellular, and subcellular distributions in time and space during postnatal brain development. ..
- Hu J, Yang L, Kammermeier P, Moore C, BRAKEMAN P, Tu J, et al. Preso1 dynamically regulates group I metabotropic glutamate receptors. Nat Neurosci. 2012;15:836-44 pubmed publisher..Preso1 creates a microdomain for proline-directed kinases with broad substrate specificity to phosphorylate mGluR and to mediate negative regulation. ..
- Shin D, Dehoff M, Luo X, Kang S, Tu J, Nayak S, et al. Homer 2 tunes G protein-coupled receptors stimulus intensity by regulating RGS proteins and PLCbeta GAP activities. J Cell Biol. 2003;162:293-303 pubmed..Characterization of Ca2+ signaling in pancreatic acinar cells from Homer2-/- and Homer3-/- mice showed that Homer 3 has no discernible role in Ca2+ signaling in these cells...
- Cooper S, Hanson I. A screen for proteins that interact with PAX6: C-terminal mutations disrupt interaction with HOMER3, DNCL1 and TRIM11. BMC Genet. 2005;6:43 pubmed..Three novel PAX6-interacting proteins were identified: the post-synaptic density (PSD) protein HOMER3, the dynein subunit DNCL1, and the tripartite motif protein TRIM11...
- Szumlinski K, Dehoff M, Kang S, Frys K, Lominac K, Klugmann M, et al. Homer proteins regulate sensitivity to cocaine. Neuron. 2004;43:401-13 pubmed..These data show that Homer deletion mimics the behavioral and neurochemical phenotype produced by repeated cocaine administration and implicate Homer in regulating addiction to cocaine. ..
- Rezvani K, Baalman K, Teng Y, Mee M, Dawson S, Wang H, et al. Proteasomal degradation of the metabotropic glutamate receptor 1? is mediated by Homer-3 via the proteasomal S8 ATPase: Signal transduction and synaptic transmission. J Neurochem. 2012;122:24-37 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that long Homer-3 proteins control the degradation of mGluR1? receptors by shuttling ubiquitinated mGluR-1? receptors to the 26S proteasome via the S8 ATPase which may modulate synaptic transmission. ..