Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hnrnpd
Description: heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein D
Alias: Auf1, Hnrpd, heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein D0, AU-rich element RNA-binding protein 1, hnRNP D0
- Nagaoka K, Tanaka T, Imakawa K, Sakai S. Involvement of RNA binding proteins AUF1 in mammary gland differentiation. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:2937-45 pubmed..b>AUF1 protein, a member of the AU-rich element (ARE)-binding protein family, plays a role in ARE-mRNA turnover by ..
- Gouble A, Grazide S, Meggetto F, Mercier P, Delsol G, Morello D. A new player in oncogenesis: AUF1/hnRNPD overexpression leads to tumorigenesis in transgenic mice. Cancer Res. 2002;62:1489-95 pubmedAUF1/heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein D (hnRNPD) binds to adenylate uridylate-rich elements contained in the 3' untranslated region of many short-lived mRNAs...
- Chenette D, Cadwallader A, Antwine T, Larkin L, Wang J, Olwin B, et al. Targeted mRNA Decay by RNA Binding Protein AUF1 Regulates Adult Muscle Stem Cell Fate, Promoting Skeletal Muscle Integrity. Cell Rep. 2016;16:1379-1390 pubmed publisher..We show that mRNA-decay protein AUF1 regulates satellite cell function through targeted degradation of specific mRNAs containing 3' AU-rich elements (..
- Di Marco S, Mazroui R, Dallaire P, Chittur S, Tenenbaum S, Radzioch D, et al. NF-kappa B-mediated MyoD decay during muscle wasting requires nitric oxide synthase mRNA stabilization, HuR protein, and nitric oxide release. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:6533-45 pubmed..These results define iNOS and HuR as critical players in cytokine-induced cachexia, establishing them as potential therapeutic targets. ..
- Pioli P, Hamilton B, Connolly J, Brewer G, Rigby W. Lactate dehydrogenase is an AU-rich element-binding protein that directly interacts with AUF1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:35738-45 pubmed..Polysomal localization of LDH was dependent on RNA binding. Moreover, polysomal LDH exists in a complex with AUF1 and hsp-70, which has been implicated previously in the regulation of mRNA turnover...
- Sobue S, Murakami M, Banno Y, Ito H, Kimura A, Gao S, et al. v-Src oncogene product increases sphingosine kinase 1 expression through mRNA stabilization: alteration of AU-rich element-binding proteins. Oncogene. 2008;27:6023-33 pubmed publisher..Examination of two AU-rich region-binding proteins, AUF1 and HuR, that regulate mRNA decay reciprocally, showed decreased total AUF1 protein associated with increased ..
- Singh A, Li H, Kan C, Dong B, Nicolls M, Liu J. The critical role of mRNA destabilizing protein heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein d in 3' untranslated region-mediated decay of low-density lipoprotein receptor mRNA in liver tissue. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2014;34:8-16 pubmed publisher..The inverse relationship of hnRNP D abundance with LDLR mRNA levels after BBR treatment suggests the potential of hnRNP D of being a novel therapeutic target for LDL cholesterol lowering. ..
- Panda A, Abdelmohsen K, Yoon J, Martindale J, Yang X, Curtis J, et al. RNA-binding protein AUF1 promotes myogenesis by regulating MEF2C expression levels. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:3106-19 pubmed publisherThe mammalian RNA-binding protein AUF1 (AU-binding factor 1, also known as heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein D [hnRNP D]) binds to numerous mRNAs and influences their posttranscriptional fate...
- Sun S, Zhang X, Lyu L, Li X, Yao S, Zhang J. Autotaxin Expression Is Regulated at the Post-transcriptional Level by the RNA-binding Proteins HuR and AUF1. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:25823-25836 pubmed..The RNA-binding proteins HuR and AUF1 directly bound to the ATX mRNA 3'UTR and had antagonistic functions in ATX expression...
- Cheng D, Cote J, Shaaban S, Bedford M. The arginine methyltransferase CARM1 regulates the coupling of transcription and mRNA processing. Mol Cell. 2007;25:71-83 pubmed
- Pont A, Sadri N, Hsiao S, Smith S, Schneider R. mRNA decay factor AUF1 maintains normal aging, telomere maintenance, and suppression of senescence by activation of telomerase transcription. Mol Cell. 2012;47:5-15 pubmed publisher..response is mediated in part through cytokine mRNA degradation facilitated by RNA-binding proteins, including AUF1. We report a major function of AUF1-it activates telomerase expression, suppresses cellular senescence, and ..
- Repetto E, Briata P, Kuziner N, Harfe B, McManus M, Gherzi R, et al. Let-7b/c enhance the stability of a tissue-specific mRNA during mammalian organogenesis as part of a feedback loop involving KSRP. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002823 pubmed publisher..Our study unveils a functional crosstalk between miRNA- and AMD-dependent gene regulation during mammalian organogenesis events. ..
- Matravadia S, Martino V, Sinclair D, Mutch D, Holloway G. Exercise training increases the expression and nuclear localization of mRNA destabilizing proteins in skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2013;305:R822-31 pubmed publisher..antigen R, HuR) or conversely by decreasing the expression of mRNA destabilizing proteins [AU-rich binding factor (AUF1) and CUG binding protein (CUG-BP1)]. A single bout of exercise increased (P < 0...
- Ehrenman K, Long L, Wagner B, Brewer G. Characterization of cDNAs encoding the murine A+U-rich RNA-binding protein AUF1. Gene. 1994;149:315-9 pubmedA+U-rich elements (ARE) serve to control the degradation of some proto-oncogene and lymphokine mRNAs. The protein, AUF1, which consists of two polypeptides of 37 and 40 kDa (p37 and p40, respectively) when purified from cytosol, has been ..
- Lee K, Kim S, Kim H, Kim W, Lee H, Jung Y, et al. AUF1 contributes to Cryptochrome1 mRNA degradation and rhythmic translation. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:3590-606 pubmed publisher..We found that AU-rich element RNA binding protein 1 (AUF1) directly binds to the Cry1 3'UTR and regulates translation of Cry1 mRNA...
- Gouble A, Morello D. Synchronous and regulated expression of two AU-binding proteins, AUF1 and HuR, throughout murine development. Oncogene. 2000;19:5377-84 pubmedThe AUF1 (hnRNPD) and HuR (ELAV-like) proteins, potential trans-acting factors for regulated mRNA decay, bind in vitro to A+U-rich elements (AREs) found in the 3' untranslated region (3' UTR) of many labile transcripts...
- Al Khalaf H, Colak D, Al Saif M, Al Bakheet A, Hendrayani S, Al Yousef N, et al. p16( INK4a) positively regulates cyclin D1 and E2F1 through negative control of AUF1. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21111 pubmed publisher..p16(INK4a) stabilizes the mRNAs of the corresponding genes through negative regulation of the mRNA decay-promoting AUF1 protein...
- Yasuda S, Wada S, Arao Y, Kogawa M, Kayama F, Katayama S. Interaction between 3' untranslated region of calcitonin receptor messenger ribonucleic acid (RNA) and adenylate/uridylate (AU)-rich element binding proteins (AU-rich RNA-binding factor 1 and Hu antigen R). Endocrinology. 2004;145:1730-8 pubmed..masses of the interacting proteins ranged from approximately 35 to 50 kDa, similar to AU-rich RNA-binding factor 1 (AUF1) and Hu antigen R (HuR)...
- Rousseau S, Morrice N, Peggie M, Campbell D, Gaestel M, Cohen P. Inhibition of SAPK2a/p38 prevents hnRNP A0 phosphorylation by MAPKAP-K2 and its interaction with cytokine mRNAs. EMBO J. 2002;21:6505-14 pubmed..Our data suggest that LPS-induced binding of hnRNP A0 to AREs may contribute to the post-transcriptional regulation of specific mRNAs. ..
- Jiao R, He Q, Chen H, Hua Z, Jiao Q, Chiu J. AUF1-like protein binds specifically to DAS cis-acting element that regulates mouse alpha-fetoprotein gene expression. J Cell Biochem. 2006;98:1257-70 pubmed..These proteins were found to belong to the AUF1 RNA-binding protein family...