Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hist2h4
Description: histone cluster 2, H4
Alias: X04652, histone 2, H4, histone H4
- A signal regulating mouse histone H4 mRNA levels in a mammalian cell cycle mutant and sequences controlling RNA 3' processing are both contained within the same 80-bp fragmentC Stauber
EMBO J 5:3297-303. 1986Fragments from the 3' end of a mouse histone H4 gene, when introduced into transcription units controlled by the SV40 early promoter, yield correctly processed RNA with histone-specific 3' ends, both in monkey and mouse cell lines...
- Specific contacts between mammalian U7 snRNA and histone precursor RNA are indispensable for the in vitro 3' RNA processing reactionM Cotten
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, Vienna, Austria
EMBO J 7:801-8. 1988..These experiments identify a set of specific contacts between mammalian U7 and histone precursor RNA which is indispensable for the maturation reaction...
- Structure and expression in L-cells of a cloned H4 histone gene of the mouseA Seiler-Tuyns
J Mol Biol 151:607-25. 1981
- Adipose is a conserved dosage-sensitive antiobesity geneJae Myoung Suh
Department of Developmental Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 6000 Harry Hines Boulevard, NB5 118, Dallas, TX 75390 9133, USA
Cell Metab 6:195-207. 2007..Thus Adp appears to be involved in an ancient pathway that regulates fat accumulation...
- The WWOX tumor suppressor is essential for postnatal survival and normal bone metabolismRami I Aqeilan
Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology, and Medical Genetics, Human Cancer Genetics Program and Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Biol Chem 283:21629-39. 2008..Our results demonstrate an essential requirement for the WWOX tumor suppressor in postnatal survival, growth, and metabolism and suggest a central role for WWOX in regulation of bone tissue formation...
- The histone gene activator HINFP is a nonredundant cyclin E/CDK2 effector during early embryonic cell cyclesRonglin Xie
Department of Cell Biology and Cancer Center, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:12359-64. 2009..cyclin E/cyclin-dependent kinase 2 (CDK2) responsive coactivator p220(NPAT) is a key regulator of multiple human histone H4 genes that encode a major subunit of the nucleosome...
- Functional coupling of transcription factor HiNF-P and histone H4 gene expression during pre- and post-natal mouse developmentLi Jun Liu
Department of Cell Biology and Cancer Center, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, 01655, USA
Gene 483:1-10. 2011Transcription factor Histone Nuclear Factor P (HiNF-P; gene symbol Hinfp) mediates cell cycle control of histone H4 gene expression to support the packaging of newly replicated DNA as chromatin...