Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hey1
Description: hairy/enhancer-of-split related with YRPW motif 1
Alias: AI316788, AI414254, CHF2, HRT1, Herp2, Hesr1, bHLHb31, hesr-1, hairy/enhancer-of-split related with YRPW motif protein 1, HRT-1, Hairy/E(spl)-related with YRPW motif 1, hairy and enhancer of split-related protein 1, hairy-related transcription factor 1, mHRT1
- Hilton M, Tu X, Wu X, Bai S, Zhao H, Kobayashi T, et al. Notch signaling maintains bone marrow mesenchymal progenitors by suppressing osteoblast differentiation. Nat Med. 2008;14:306-14 pubmed publisher..Thus, mesenchymal progenitors may be expanded in vitro by activating the Notch pathway, whereas bone formation in vivo may be enhanced by transiently suppressing this pathway. ..
- Fischer A, Klattig J, Kneitz B, Diez H, Maier M, Holtmann B, et al. Hey basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors are repressors of GATA4 and GATA6 and restrict expression of the GATA target gene ANF in fetal hearts. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:8960-70 pubmed..Mice lacking Hey2 develop cardiac hypertrophy, often associated with congenital heart defects, whereas combined Hey1/Hey2 deficiency leads to severe vascular defects and embryonic lethality around embryonic day E9.5...
- Garg V, Muth A, Ransom J, Schluterman M, Barnes R, King I, et al. Mutations in NOTCH1 cause aortic valve disease. Nature. 2005;437:270-4 pubmed..These results suggest that NOTCH1 mutations cause an early developmental defect in the aortic valve and a later de-repression of calcium deposition that causes progressive aortic valve disease. ..
- Phng L, Potente M, Leslie J, Babbage J, Nyqvist D, Lobov I, et al. Nrarp coordinates endothelial Notch and Wnt signaling to control vessel density in angiogenesis. Dev Cell. 2009;16:70-82 pubmed publisher..In vivo, loss of Nrarp, Lef1, or endothelial Ctnnb1 causes vessel regression. We suggest that the balance between Notch and Wnt signaling determines whether to make or break new vessel connections. ..
- Venkatesh D, Park K, Harrington A, Miceli Libby L, Yoon J, Liaw L. Cardiovascular and hematopoietic defects associated with Notch1 activation in embryonic Tie2-expressing populations. Circ Res. 2008;103:423-31 pubmed publisher..Cardiovascular lineages are sensitive to an imbalance in Notch signaling, with aberrant activation reflecting a vascular phenotype comparable to a loss-of-function Notch1 mutation...
- Kokubo H, Miyagawa Tomita S, Nakazawa M, Saga Y, Johnson R. Mouse hesr1 and hesr2 genes are redundantly required to mediate Notch signaling in the developing cardiovascular system. Dev Biol. 2005;278:301-9 pubmed..Here, we report that mice lacking the hesr1 gene are viable and fertile, whereas knockout mouse of both hesr1 and hesr2 is embryonic lethal at 11...
- Steidl C, Leimeister C, Klamt B, Maier M, Nanda I, Dixon M, et al. Characterization of the human and mouse HEY1, HEY2, and HEYL genes: cloning, mapping, and mutation screening of a new bHLH gene family. Genomics. 2000;66:195-203 pubmed..bHLH transcription factor genes from mouse and human (hairy and Enhancer-of-split related with YRPW motif; HEY1, HEY2, and HEYL). All three HEY genes have a similar genomic structure with five exons...
- Fukada S, Yamaguchi M, Kokubo H, Ogawa R, Uezumi A, Yoneda T, et al. Hesr1 and Hesr3 are essential to generate undifferentiated quiescent satellite cells and to maintain satellite cell numbers. Development. 2011;138:4609-19 pubmed publisher..We show that Hesr1 (Hey1) and Hesr3 (Heyl) (which are known Notch target genes) are expressed simultaneously in skeletal muscle only ..
- Kokubo H, Tomita Miyagawa S, Hamada Y, Saga Y. Hesr1 and Hesr2 regulate atrioventricular boundary formation in the developing heart through the repression of Tbx2. Development. 2007;134:747-55 pubmedThe establishment of chamber specificity is an essential requirement for cardiac morphogenesis and function. Hesr1 (Hey1) and Hesr2 (Hey2) are specifically expressed in the atrium and ventricle, respectively, implicating these genes in ..
- Okamura Y, Saga Y. Pofut1 is required for the proper localization of the Notch receptor during mouse development. Mech Dev. 2008;125:663-73 pubmed publisher..We propose that altered trafficking pathways may account for the abnormal accumulation of the Notch1 receptor in the endoplasmic reticulum in Pofut1-null mouse embryos. ..
- Corada M, Nyqvist D, Orsenigo F, Caprini A, Giampietro C, Taketo M, et al. The Wnt/beta-catenin pathway modulates vascular remodeling and specification by upregulating Dll4/Notch signaling. Dev Cell. 2010;18:938-49 pubmed publisher..We propose that early and sustained beta-catenin signaling prevents correct endothelial cell differentiation, altering vascular remodeling and arteriovenous specification. ..
- Leimeister C, Externbrink A, Klamt B, Gessler M. Hey genes: a novel subfamily of hairy- and Enhancer of split related genes specifically expressed during mouse embryogenesis. Mech Dev. 1999;85:173-7 pubmed..RNA in situ hybridization analysis revealed specific expression of Hey1 during development of the nervous system, the somites, the heart and the craniofacial region...
- Nakagawa O, Nakagawa M, Richardson J, Olson E, Srivastava D. HRT1, HRT2, and HRT3: a new subclass of bHLH transcription factors marking specific cardiac, somitic, and pharyngeal arch segments. Dev Biol. 1999;216:72-84 pubmed..Here, we describe a new subclass of bHLH proteins, HRT1 (Hairy-related transcription factor 1), HRT2, and HRT3, that share high homology with the Hairy family of proteins ..
- Fischer A, Schumacher N, Maier M, Sendtner M, Gessler M. The Notch target genes Hey1 and Hey2 are required for embryonic vascular development. Genes Dev. 2004;18:901-11 pubmed..Loss of Hey2 in the mouse leads to cardiac defects with high postnatal lethality. We have now generated a mouse Hey1 knockout that has no apparent phenotypic defect...
- Jalali A, Bassuk A, Kan L, Israsena N, Mukhopadhyay A, McGuire T, et al. HeyL promotes neuronal differentiation of neural progenitor cells. J Neurosci Res. 2011;89:299-309 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that HeyL promotes neuronal differentiation of neural progenitor cells by activating proneural genes and by inhibiting the actions of other Hes and Hey family members. ..
- Maier M, Gessler M. Comparative analysis of the human and mouse Hey1 promoter: Hey genes are new Notch target genes. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;275:652-60 pubmedHey genes (Hey1, Hey2 and HeyL) encode a new group of basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors that are related to the hairy/Enhancer of split genes...
- Trindade A, Kumar S, Scehnet J, Lopes da Costa L, Becker J, Jiang W, et al. Overexpression of delta-like 4 induces arterialization and attenuates vessel formation in developing mouse embryos. Blood. 2008;112:1720-9 pubmed publisher..These results establish the role of Dll4 in arterial identity determination, and regulation of angiogenesis subject to dose and location. ..
- Nichol D, Shawber C, Fitch M, Bambino K, Sharma A, Kitajewski J, et al. Impaired angiogenesis and altered Notch signaling in mice overexpressing endothelial Egfl7. Blood. 2010;116:6133-43 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we have uncovered a critical role for Egfl7 in vascular development and have shown that some of these functions are mediated through modulation of Notch signaling. ..
- Massa F, Garbay S, Bouvier R, Sugitani Y, Noda T, Gubler M, et al. Hepatocyte nuclear factor 1? controls nephron tubular development. Development. 2013;140:886-96 pubmed publisher..In addition, these studies define a novel structural and functional component of S-shaped bodies at the origin of tubule formation. ..
- Farin H, Bussen M, Schmidt M, Singh M, Schuster Gossler K, Kispert A. Transcriptional repression by the T-box proteins Tbx18 and Tbx15 depends on Groucho corepressors. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:25748-59 pubmed
- Maitra M, Schluterman M, Nichols H, Richardson J, Lo C, Srivastava D, et al. Interaction of Gata4 and Gata6 with Tbx5 is critical for normal cardiac development. Dev Biol. 2009;326:368-77 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the unique genetic interactions of Gata4 and Gata6 with Tbx5 for normal cardiac morphogenesis in vivo. ..
- Tsao P, Chen F, Izvolsky K, Walker J, Kukuruzinska M, LU J, et al. Gamma-secretase activation of notch signaling regulates the balance of proximal and distal fates in progenitor cells of the developing lung. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:29532-44 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest a novel mechanism in which Notch and fibroblast growth factor signaling interact to control the proximal-distal pattern of forming airways in the mammalian lung. ..
- Sugita S, Hosaka Y, Okada K, Mori D, Yano F, Kobayashi H, et al. Transcription factor Hes1 modulates osteoarthritis development in cooperation with calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase 2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:3080-5 pubmed publisher..Our findings have contributed to further understanding of the molecular pathophysiology of OA, and may provide the basis for development of novel treatments for joint disorders. ..
- Raft S, Andrade L, Shao D, Akiyama H, Henkemeyer M, Wu D. Ephrin-B2 governs morphogenesis of endolymphatic sac and duct epithelia in the mouse inner ear. Dev Biol. 2014;390:51-67 pubmed publisher..We propose that developmental dysplasias described here are a gene dose-sensitive cause of the vestibular dysfunction observed in EphB-Efnb2 signaling-deficient mice. ..
- Chen L, Al Awqati Q. Segmental expression of Notch and Hairy genes in nephrogenesis. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2005;288:F939-52 pubmed..We found that among all of Notch downstream Hairy genes, only Hes1, Hes5, Hey1, and HeyL were expressed in a segment-specific manner in early nephrons and their expression pattern changed ..
- Redeker C, Schuster Gossler K, Kremmer E, Gossler A. Normal development in mice over-expressing the intracellular domain of DLL1 argues against reverse signaling by DLL1 in vivo. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e79050 pubmed publisher..In addition, we show that mouse DICD enters the nucleus inefficiently. Collectively, our results argue against a signaling activity of the intracellular domain of DLL1 in mouse embryos in vivo. ..
- Corada M, Orsenigo F, Morini M, Pitulescu M, Bhat G, Nyqvist D, et al. Sox17 is indispensable for acquisition and maintenance of arterial identity. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2609 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, Sox17 acts upstream of the Notch system and downstream of the canonical Wnt system. These data introduce Sox17 as a component of the complex signalling network that orchestrates arterial/venous specification. ..
- Van Wayenbergh R, Taelman V, Pichon B, Fischer A, Kricha S, Gessler M, et al. Identification of BOIP, a novel cDNA highly expressed during spermatogenesis that encodes a protein interacting with the orange domain of the hairy-related transcription factor HRT1/Hey1 in Xenopus and mouse. Dev Dyn. 2003;228:716-25 pubmed publisher..transcripts were detected almost exclusively in round spermatids and that this expression overlaps with that of Hey1 (HRT1), which is expressed throughout spermatogenesis...
- Han D, Jeon S, Sohn D, Lee C, Ahn S, Kim W, et al. SRG3, a core component of mouse SWI/SNF complex, is essential for extra-embryonic vascular development. Dev Biol. 2008;315:136-46 pubmed publisher..However, in Srg3-/-Tg+ yolk sacs, the visceral endoderm did not develop normally. Our results indicate that SRG3 is required for angiogenesis and visceral endoderm development in the yolk sac. ..
- Li S, Mark S, Radde Gallwitz K, Schlisner R, Chin M, Chen P. Hey2 functions in parallel with Hes1 and Hes5 for mammalian auditory sensory organ development. BMC Dev Biol. 2008;8:20 pubmed publisher..Our data implicates expansion of the progenitor pool and/or the boundaries of the developing sensory organ to account for patterning defects observed in Hey2 mutants. ..
- Golson M, Le Lay J, Gao N, Brämswig N, Loomes K, Oakey R, et al. Jagged1 is a competitive inhibitor of Notch signaling in the embryonic pancreas. Mech Dev. 2009;126:687-99 pubmed publisher..Expression of the Notch modifier Manic Fringe (Mfng) is limited to endocrine precursors, providing a possible explanation for the inhibition of Notch signaling by Jag1 during mid-gestation embryonic pancreas development. ..
- Oyama T, Harigaya K, Sasaki N, Okamura Y, Kokubo H, Saga Y, et al. Mastermind-like 1 (MamL1) and mastermind-like 3 (MamL3) are essential for Notch signaling in vivo. Development. 2011;138:5235-46 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that engagement of Mam is essential for Notch signaling, and that the three Mam isoforms have distinct roles in vivo. ..
- Basch M, Ohyama T, Segil N, Groves A. Canonical Notch signaling is not necessary for prosensory induction in the mouse cochlea: insights from a conditional mutant of RBPjkappa. J Neurosci. 2011;31:8046-58 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that canonical Notch signaling is not necessary for prosensory specification in the mouse cochlea, suggesting that other signaling pathways may specify this highly derived sensory organ. ..
- Fantin A, Lampropoulou A, Gestri G, Raimondi C, Senatore V, Zachary I, et al. NRP1 Regulates CDC42 Activation to Promote Filopodia Formation in Endothelial Tip Cells. Cell Rep. 2015;11:1577-90 pubmed publisher..We conclude that NRP1 enables ECM-induced filopodia formation for tip cell function during sprouting angiogenesis. ..
- Guan A, He T, Shao Y, Chi Y, Dai H, Wang Y, et al. Role of Jagged1-Hey1 Signal in Angiotensin II-induced Impairment of Myocardial Angiogenesis. Chin Med J (Engl). 2017;130:328-333 pubmed publisher..05 for both). Meanwhile, Jagged1 protein was significantly increased, but gene expression for both Jag1 and Hey1 was decreased in the LV following Ang II treatment, compared to that in controls (relative ratio for Jag1 gene: 0...
- Tateya T, Imayoshi I, Tateya I, Ito J, Kageyama R. Cooperative functions of Hes/Hey genes in auditory hair cell and supporting cell development. Dev Biol. 2011;352:329-40 pubmed publisher..While the Notch effector genes Hes1, Hes5 and Hey1 are expressed in the developing cochlea, inactivation of either of them causes only mild abnormality, suggesting ..
- Red Horse K, Ueno H, Weissman I, Krasnow M. Coronary arteries form by developmental reprogramming of venous cells. Nature. 2010;464:549-53 pubmed publisher..Understanding this new reprogramming process and identifying the endogenous signals should suggest more natural ways of engineering coronary bypass grafts and revascularizing the heart. ..
- Luxan G, Casanova J, Martínez Poveda B, Prados B, D Amato G, MacGrogan D, et al. Mutations in the NOTCH pathway regulator MIB1 cause left ventricular noncompaction cardiomyopathy. Nat Med. 2013;19:193-201 pubmed publisher..These results implicate NOTCH signaling in LVNC and indicate that MIB1 mutations arrest chamber myocardium development, preventing trabecular maturation and compaction. ..
- Bruneau B, Nemer G, Schmitt J, Charron F, Robitaille L, Caron S, et al. A murine model of Holt-Oram syndrome defines roles of the T-box transcription factor Tbx5 in cardiogenesis and disease. Cell. 2001;106:709-21 pubmed
- Copeland J, Feng Y, Neradugomma N, Fields P, Vivian J. Notch signaling regulates remodeling and vessel diameter in the extraembryonic yolk sac. BMC Dev Biol. 2011;11:12 pubmed publisher..We propose a role for Notch signaling in elaborating the microenvironment of the nascent arteriole, suggesting novel regulatory connections between Notch signaling and other signaling pathways during endothelial differentiation. ..
- Weber D, Heisig J, Kneitz S, Wolf E, Eilers M, Gessler M. Mechanisms of epigenetic and cell-type specific regulation of Hey target genes in ES cells and cardiomyocytes. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2015;79:79-88 pubmed publisher..We used an in vitro cardiomyocyte differentiation system with inducible Hey1 or Hey2 expression to study target gene regulation in cardiomyocytes (CM) generated from murine embryonic stem ..
- Manderfield L, High F, Engleka K, Liu F, Li L, Rentschler S, et al. Notch activation of Jagged1 contributes to the assembly of the arterial wall. Circulation. 2012;125:314-23 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results provide a mechanism for lateral induction that allows for a multilayered smooth muscle wall to form around a nascent arterial endothelial tube and identify Jagged1 as a direct Notch target. ..
- Pichon B, Taelman V, Kricha S, Christophe D, Bellefroid E. XHRT-1, a hairy and Enhancer of split related gene with expression in floor plate and hypochord during early Xenopus embryogenesis. Dev Genes Evol. 2002;212:491-5 pubmedWe have isolated a Xenopus homologue of the mammalian hairy and Enhancer of split related gene HRT1. XHRT1 expression in late gastrula and early neurula embryos is restricted to two stripes of cells in the medial neural plate and in ..
- Cordi S, Godard C, Saandi T, Jacquemin P, Monga S, Colnot S, et al. Role of Î²-catenin in development of bile ducts. Differentiation. 2016;91:42-9 pubmed publisher..Our work is expected to significantly impact on in vitro differentiation of stem cells to cholangiocytes for toxicology studies and disease modeling. ..
- Robert Moreno A, Guiu J, Ruiz Herguido C, López M, Inglés Esteve J, Riera L, et al. Impaired embryonic haematopoiesis yet normal arterial development in the absence of the Notch ligand Jagged1. EMBO J. 2008;27:1886-95 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that Jagged1-mediated activation of Notch1 is responsible for regulating GATA2 expression in the AGM, which in turn is essential for definitive haematopoiesis in the mouse. ..
- Jadhav A, Mason H, Cepko C. Notch 1 inhibits photoreceptor production in the developing mammalian retina. Development. 2006;133:913-23 pubmed..These cone enriched mutant mice should prove to be a valuable resource for the study of this relatively rare mammalian photoreceptor cell type. ..
- Scroyen I, Bauters D, Vranckx C, Lijnen H. The Anti-Adipogenic Potential of COUP-TFII Is Mediated by Downregulation of the Notch Target Gene Hey1. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0145608 pubmed publisher..This was associated with upregulation of the Notch signaling target gene Hey1. A functional role of Hey1 was confirmed by gene silencing in 3T3-F442A preadipocytes, resulting in impaired ..
- Nakagawa O, McFadden D, Nakagawa M, Yanagisawa H, Hu T, Srivastava D, et al. Members of the HRT family of basic helix-loop-helix proteins act as transcriptional repressors downstream of Notch signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:13655-60 pubmed..These findings identify HRT genes as downstream targets for Notch signaling and reveal a negative autoregulatory loop whereby HRT proteins repress their own expression through interference with Notch signaling. ..
- Zalc A, Hayashi S, Aurade F, Bröhl D, Chang T, Mademtzoglou D, et al. Antagonistic regulation of p57kip2 by Hes/Hey downstream of Notch signaling and muscle regulatory factors regulates skeletal muscle growth arrest. Development. 2014;141:2780-90 pubmed publisher..regulatory element of p57(kip2) directly activated by MRFs in myoblasts but repressed by the Notch targets Hes1/Hey1 in progenitor cells...
- Kanno K, Kokubo H, Takahashi A, Koide T, Ishiura S. Enhanced prepulse inhibition and low sensitivity to a dopamine agonist in HESR1 knockout mice. J Neurosci Res. 2014;92:287-97 pubmed publisherTranscription factor Hesr family genes are important in neuronal development. We demonstrated previously that HESR1 and HESR2 modified expression of the dopamine transporter (DAT) reporter gene...
- Pan W, Jin Y, STANGER B, Kiernan A. Notch signaling is required for the generation of hair cells and supporting cells in the mammalian inner ear. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:15798-803 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that Notch specifies sensory progenitors in the inner ear, and that induction of Notch may be important for regenerating or replacing hair cells and supporting cells in the mammalian inner ear. ..
- Tateya T, Sakamoto S, Imayoshi I, Kageyama R. InÂ vivo overactivation of the Notch signaling pathway in the developing cochlear epithelium. Hear Res. 2015;327:209-17 pubmed publisher..Thus, an appropriate level of Notch signaling is needed for the normal extension of the cochlear epithelium and for differentiation of both hair cells and supporting cells. ..
- Chintala H, Krupska I, Yan L, LAU L, Grant M, Chaqour B. The matricellular protein CCN1 controls retinal angiogenesis by targeting VEGF, Src homology 2 domain phosphatase-1 and Notch signaling. Development. 2015;142:2364-74 pubmed publisher..These data highlight novel functions of CCN1 as a naturally optimized molecule, fine-controlling key processes in physiological angiogenesis and safeguarding against aberrant angiogenic responses. ..
- Lee S, Lee S, Yang H, Song S, Kim K, Saunders T, et al. Notch pathway targets proangiogenic regulator Sox17 to restrict angiogenesis. Circ Res. 2014;115:215-26 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that the Notch pathway restricts sprouting angiogenesis by reducing the expression of proangiogenic regulator Sox17. ..
- Yamamoto N, Chang W, Kelley M. Rbpj regulates development of prosensory cells in the mammalian inner ear. Dev Biol. 2011;353:367-79 pubmed publisher..These results suggest important roles for Rbpj and notch signaling in multiple aspects of inner ear development including prosensory cell maturation, cellular differentiation and survival. ..
- Kanno K, Ishiura S. Differential effects of the HESR/HEY transcription factor family on dopamine transporter reporter gene expression via variable number of tandem repeats. J Neurosci Res. 2011;89:562-75 pubmed publisher..We previously identified the transcription factor HESR1 (HEY1) as a VNTR-binding protein...
- Tanaka A, Itoh F, Nishiyama K, Takezawa T, Kurihara H, Itoh S, et al. Inhibition of endothelial cell activation by bHLH protein E2-2 and its impairment of angiogenesis. Blood. 2010;115:4138-47 pubmed publisher..We also demonstrated that E2-2 can perturb VEGFR2 expression via inhibition of VEGFR2 promoter activity. This study suggests that E2-2 can maintain EC quiescence and that Id1 can counter this effect. ..
- Yang J, Bücker S, Jungblut B, Böttger T, Cinnamon Y, Tchorz J, et al. Inhibition of Notch2 by Numb/Numblike controls myocardial compaction in the heart. Cardiovasc Res. 2012;96:276-85 pubmed publisher..This study identified potential novel roles of Numb/Numblike in regulating trabeculation and compaction by inhibiting Notch2 and Bmp10 signalling. ..
- Iso T, Chung G, Hamamori Y, Kedes L. HERP1 is a cell type-specific primary target of Notch. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:6598-607 pubmed..a transcriptional activator which, in turn, induces a target gene of Notch such as the repressors HES/E(spl) and HERP2. Under physiological stimulation using co-culture with Notch ligand-expressing cells and target cells expressing ..
- Leimeister C, Dale K, Fischer A, Klamt B, Hrabe de Angelis M, Radtke F, et al. Oscillating expression of c-Hey2 in the presomitic mesoderm suggests that the segmentation clock may use combinatorial signaling through multiple interacting bHLH factors. Dev Biol. 2000;227:91-103 pubmed..Furthermore, we analysed the dynamic expression of the respective chicken c-Hey1 and c-Hey2 genes during somitogenesis...
- Goldberg L, Aujla P, Raetzman L. Persistent expression of activated Notch inhibits corticotrope and melanotrope differentiation and results in dysfunction of the HPA axis. Dev Biol. 2011;358:23-32 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings show that Notch signaling is sufficient to prevent corticotrope and melanotrope differentiation, resulting in dysregulation of the HPA axis. ..
- Schuster Gossler K, Harris B, Johnson K, Serth J, Gossler A. Notch signalling in the paraxial mesoderm is most sensitive to reduced Pofut1 levels during early mouse development. BMC Dev Biol. 2009;9:6 pubmed publisher..Reduced POFUT1 levels might affect Notch trafficking or overall O-fucosylation. Alternatively, reduced O-fucosylation might preferentially affect sites that are substrates for LFNG and thus important for somite formation and patterning. ..
- Ren K, Yuan J, Yang M, Gao X, Ding X, Zhou J, et al. KCTD10 is involved in the cardiovascular system and Notch signaling during early embryonic development. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e112275 pubmed publisher..Our studies suggest that KCTD10 plays crucial roles in embryonic angiogenesis and heart development in mammalians by negatively regulating the Notch signaling pathway. ..
- Tsunematsu R, Nakayama K, Oike Y, Nishiyama M, Ishida N, Hatakeyama S, et al. Mouse Fbw7/Sel-10/Cdc4 is required for notch degradation during vascular development. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:9417-23 pubmed..cell-specific mammalian isoform of Notch, accumulated in Fbw7(-/-) embryos, resulting in an increased expression of Hey1, which encodes a transcriptional repressor that acts downstream of Notch signaling and is implicated in vascular ..
- Sharff K, Song W, Luo X, Tang N, Luo J, Chen J, et al. Hey1 basic helix-loop-helix protein plays an important role in mediating BMP9-induced osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal progenitor cells. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:649-59 pubmed publisher..Here, we conducted gene expression-profiling analysis and identified that Hey1 of the hairy/Enhancer of split-related repressor protein basic helix-loop-helix family was among the most ..
- Tu X, Chen J, Lim J, Karner C, Lee S, Heisig J, et al. Physiological notch signaling maintains bone homeostasis via RBPjk and Hey upstream of NFATc1. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002577 pubmed publisher..Moreover, mice deficient in Hey1 and HeyL, two target genes of Notch-RBPjk signaling, exhibited high bone mass...
- Sun J, Kamei C, Layne M, Jain M, Liao J, Lee M, et al. Regulation of myogenic terminal differentiation by the hairy-related transcription factor CHF2. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:18591-6 pubmedWe have recently cloned a novel basic helix-loop-helix factor, CHF2, that functions as a transcriptional repressor...
- McGlinn E, van Bueren K, Fiorenza S, Mo R, Poh A, Forrest A, et al. Pax9 and Jagged1 act downstream of Gli3 in vertebrate limb development. Mech Dev. 2005;122:1218-33 pubmed..Our data have also revealed that perturbation of early patterning events within the Gli3(Xt/Xt) limb culminates in a specific delay of anterior chondrogenesis which is subsequently realised as extra digits. ..
- Nunes A, Wuebbles R, Sarathy A, Fontelonga T, Deries M, Burkin D, et al. Impaired fetal muscle development and JAK-STAT activation mark disease onset and progression in a mouse model for merosin-deficient congenital muscular dystrophy. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:2018-2033 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal for the first time that dyW-/- mice exhibit a myogenesis defect already in utero. We propose that overactivation of JAK-STAT signaling is part of the mechanism underlying disease onset and progression in dyW-/- mice. ..
- Paul A, Crow M, Raudales R, He M, Gillis J, Huang Z. Transcriptional Architecture of Synaptic Communication Delineates GABAergic Neuron Identity. Cell. 2017;171:522-539.e20 pubmed publisher..This molecular genetic framework of neuronal identity integrates cell phenotypes along multiple axes and provides a foundation for discovering and classifying neuron types. ..
- Moran T, Goldberg L, Serviss S, Raetzman L. Numb deletion in POMC-expressing cells impairs pituitary intermediate lobe cell adhesion, progenitor cell localization, and neuro-intermediate lobe boundary formation. Mol Endocrinol. 2011;25:117-27 pubmed publisher..Unexpectedly, Notch activity appears normal in conditional knockout mice. Thus, Numb is critical for maintaining cell-cell interactions in the pituitary intermediate lobe that are essential for proper cell placement. ..
- Catela C, Kratsios P, Hede M, Lang F, Rosenthal N. Serum and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase 1 (SGK1) is necessary for vascular remodeling during angiogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:2149-60 pubmed publisher..These findings uncover a novel and essential function for SGK1 in cardiovascular development contributing to a better understanding of mammalian angiogenesis. ..
- Zhu Q, Kim Y, Wang D, Oh S, Luo K. SnoN facilitates ALK1-Smad1/5 signaling during embryonic angiogenesis. J Cell Biol. 2013;202:937-50 pubmed publisher..5. Thus, SnoN is essential for TGF-?/BMP9-dependent biological processes by its ability to both positively and negatively modulate the activities of Smad-dependent pathways. ..
- Kokubo H, Lun Y, Johnson R. Identification and expression of a novel family of bHLH cDNAs related to Drosophila hairy and enhancer of split. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;260:459-65 pubmed