Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hdac8
Description: histone deacetylase 8
Alias: 2610007D20Rik, histone deacetylase 8, HD8
- Verdin E, Dequiedt F, Kasler H. Class II histone deacetylases: versatile regulators. Trends Genet. 2003;19:286-93 pubmed..We discuss their emerging biological functions and the molecular mechanisms by which they are regulated. ..
- Wilson B, Tremblay A, Deblois G, Sylvain Drolet G, Giguere V. An acetylation switch modulates the transcriptional activity of estrogen-related receptor alpha. Mol Endocrinol. 2010;24:1349-58 pubmed publisher..PCAF reduced the transcriptional activity of ERRalpha and, reciprocally, a deacetylase screen identified histone deacetylase 8 (HDAC8) and sirtuin 1 homolog (Sirt1) as independent enhancers of ERRalpha transcriptional function...
- Haberland M, Mokalled M, Montgomery R, Olson E. Epigenetic control of skull morphogenesis by histone deacetylase 8. Genes Dev. 2009;23:1625-30 pubmed publisher..Here we provide evidence that Hdac8 specifically controls patterning of the skull by repressing a subset of transcription factors in cranial neural ..
- Ajamian F, Suuronen T, Salminen A, Reeben M. Upregulation of class II histone deacetylases mRNA during neural differentiation of cultured rat hippocampal progenitor cells. Neurosci Lett. 2003;346:57-60 pubmed..mRNAs for HDAC 4, 8 and 10 were not detectable by Northern analysis. We suggest that the changes in HDAC mRNA expression levels might be connected with chromatin rearrangement during neural differentiation. ..
- Li S, Fossati G, Marchetti C, Modena D, Pozzi P, Reznikov L, et al. Specific inhibition of histone deacetylase 8 reduces gene expression and production of proinflammatory cytokines in vitro and in vivo. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:2368-78 pubmed publisher..ITF3056, an analog of ITF2357, inhibits only HDAC8 (IC50 of 285 nm)...
- Chang S, McKinsey T, Zhang C, Richardson J, Hill J, Olson E. Histone deacetylases 5 and 9 govern responsiveness of the heart to a subset of stress signals and play redundant roles in heart development. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:8467-76 pubmed..These findings reveal central roles for HDACs 5 and 9 in the suppression of a subset of cardiac stress signals as well as redundant functions in the control of cardiac development. ..
- Tiwari S, Dharmarajan S, Shivanna M, Otteson D, Belecky Adams T. Histone deacetylase expression patterns in developing murine optic nerve. BMC Dev Biol. 2014;14:30 pubmed publisher..These HDACs are candidates for further research to understand how chromatin remodeling through acetylation, deacetylation and methylation contributes to glial development as well as their injury response. ..
- Yan M, Chen C, Gong W, Yin Z, Zhou L, Chaugai S, et al. miR-21-3p regulates cardiac hypertrophic response by targeting histone deacetylase-8. Cardiovasc Res. 2015;105:340-52 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, western blot assays showed that histone deacetylase-8 (HDAC8) was silenced by miR-21-3p, and luciferase reporter assays showed that miR-21-3p binds to the 3' UTR of HDAC8...
- Vega R, Matsuda K, Oh J, Barbosa A, Yang X, Meadows E, et al. Histone deacetylase 4 controls chondrocyte hypertrophy during skeletogenesis. Cell. 2004;119:555-66 pubmed..These results establish HDAC4 as a central regulator of chondrocyte hypertrophy and skeletogenesis and suggest general roles for class II HDACs in the control of cellular hypertrophy. ..
- Hua W, Qi J, Cai Q, Carnahan E, Ayala Ramirez M, Li L, et al. HDAC8 regulates long-term hematopoietic stem-cell maintenance under stress by modulating p53 activity. Blood. 2017;130:2619-2630 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that Hdac8 is most highly expressed in the phenotypic LT-HSC population within the adult hematopoietic hierarchy...
- Lopez G, Bill K, Bid H, Braggio D, Constantino D, Prudner B, et al. HDAC8, A Potential Therapeutic Target for the Treatment of Malignant Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumors (MPNST). PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0133302 pubmed publisher..against class I isoforms poses difficulties as they share high homology among their catalytic sites; however, HDAC8 is structurally unique compared to other class I isoforms...