Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hdac7
Description: histone deacetylase 7
Alias: 5830434K02Rik, HD7, HD7a, Hdac7a, mFLJ00062, histone deacetylase 7, histone deacetylase 7A
- Vega R, Matsuda K, Oh J, Barbosa A, Yang X, Meadows E, et al. Histone deacetylase 4 controls chondrocyte hypertrophy during skeletogenesis. Cell. 2004;119:555-66 pubmed..These results establish HDAC4 as a central regulator of chondrocyte hypertrophy and skeletogenesis and suggest general roles for class II HDACs in the control of cellular hypertrophy. ..
- Martin M, Kettmann R, Dequiedt F. Class IIa histone deacetylases: conducting development and differentiation. Int J Dev Biol. 2009;53:291-301 pubmed publisher..Elucidating cellular and molecular mechanisms by which functions of class IIa HDACs are modulated could potentially lead to new therapeutic opportunities for various diseases. ..
- Gao C, Liu Y, Lam M, Kao H. Histone deacetylase 7 (HDAC7) regulates myocyte migration and differentiation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1803:1186-97 pubmed publisherClass IIa HDACs including HDAC7 play a role in gene expression, cell differentiation, and animal development through their association with transcription factors such as myogenic enhancer factors 2 (MEF2s)...
- Lenoir O, Flosseau K, Ma F, Blondeau B, Mai A, Bassel Duby R, et al. Specific control of pancreatic endocrine ?- and ?-cell mass by class IIa histone deacetylases HDAC4, HDAC5, and HDAC9. Diabetes. 2011;60:2861-71 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the epigenetic mechanisms underlying the regulation of endocrine cell development and suggest new strategies for ?-cell differentiation-based therapies. ..
- Ferreira R, Popova E, James J, Briones M, Zhang S, Barnstable C. Histone Deacetylase 1 Is Essential for Rod Photoreceptor Differentiation by Regulating Acetylation at Histone H3 Lysine 9 and Histone H4 Lysine 12 in the Mouse Retina. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:2422-2440 pubmed publisher..HDAC1 may be an essential epigenetic regulator of the transition from progenitor cells to terminally differentiated photoreceptors. ..
- Margariti A, Xiao Q, Zampetaki A, Zhang Z, Li H, Martin D, et al. Splicing of HDAC7 modulates the SRF-myocardin complex during stem-cell differentiation towards smooth muscle cells. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:460-70 pubmed publisherHistone deacetylases (HDACs) have a central role in the regulation of gene expression. Here we investigated whether HDAC7 has an impact on embryonic stem (ES) cell differentiation into smooth muscle cells (SMCs)...
- Zhou B, Margariti A, Zeng L, Habi O, Xiao Q, Martin D, et al. Splicing of histone deacetylase 7 modulates smooth muscle cell proliferation and neointima formation through nuclear ?-catenin translocation. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:2676-84 pubmed publisher..The epigenetic enzyme histone deacetylase 7 (HDAC7) is involved in endothelial homeostasis and SMC differentiation and could have a role in SMC ..
- Kasler H, Young B, Mottet D, Lim H, Collins A, Olson E, et al. Histone deacetylase 7 regulates cell survival and TCR signaling in CD4/CD8 double-positive thymocytes. J Immunol. 2011;186:4782-93 pubmed publisher..Through signal-dependent nuclear export, class IIa HDACs such as HDAC7 mediate signal-dependent changes in gene expression that are important to developmental fate decisions in multiple ..
- Shakespear M, Hohenhaus D, Kelly G, Kamal N, Gupta P, Labzin L, et al. Histone deacetylase 7 promotes Toll-like receptor 4-dependent proinflammatory gene expression in macrophages. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:25362-74 pubmed publisher..Here we investigated HDAC-dependent inflammatory responses in mouse macrophages. Of the classical Hdacs, Hdac7 was expressed at elevated levels in inflammatory macrophages (thioglycollate-elicited peritoneal macrophages) as ..
- Ma C, D Mello S. Neuroprotection by histone deacetylase-7 (HDAC7) occurs by inhibition of c-jun expression through a deacetylase-independent mechanism. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:4819-28 pubmed publisher..Although some of the HDAC proteins have been shown to regulate neuronal survival and death, whether HDAC7 has a similar role is not known. In this study, we show that HDAC7 protects neurons from apoptosis...
- Kasler H, Lim H, Mottet D, Collins A, Lee I, Verdin E. Nuclear export of histone deacetylase 7 during thymic selection is required for immune self-tolerance. EMBO J. 2012;31:4453-65 pubmed publisherb>Histone deacetylase 7 (HDAC7) is a T-cell receptor (TCR) signal-dependent regulator of differentiation that is highly expressed in CD4/CD8 double-positive (DP) thymocytes...
- Jing X, Sui W, Wang S, Xu X, Yuan R, Chen X, et al. HDAC7 Ubiquitination by the E3 Ligase CBX4 Is Involved in Contextual Fear Conditioning Memory Formation. J Neurosci. 2017;37:3848-3863 pubmed publisher..b>SIGNIFICANCE STATEMENT The current findings demonstrated the effects of histone deacetylase 7 (HDAC7) on hippocampal-dependent memories...
- Kislinger T, Cox B, Kannan A, Chung C, Hu P, Ignatchenko A, et al. Global survey of organ and organelle protein expression in mouse: combined proteomic and transcriptomic profiling. Cell. 2006;125:173-86 pubmed..This molecular compendium, fully accessible via a searchable web-browser interface, serves as a reliable reference of the expressed tissue and organelle proteomes of a leading model mammal. ..
- Dai Y, Xu J, Molkentin J. The DnaJ-related factor Mrj interacts with nuclear factor of activated T cells c3 and mediates transcriptional repression through class II histone deacetylase recruitment. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:9936-48 pubmed..Collectively, our results define a novel response pathway whereby NFATc3 is negatively regulated by class II histone deacetylases through the DnaJ (heat shock protein-40) superfamily member Mrj. ..
- Tou L, Liu Q, Shivdasani R. Regulation of mammalian epithelial differentiation and intestine development by class I histone deacetylases. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:3132-9 pubmed..Thus, modulation of endogenous class I HDAC levels represents a previously unappreciated mechanism to enable onset of tissue-restricted gene expression in a developing mammalian organ. ..
- Lazaro J, Bailey P, Lassar A. Cyclin D-cdk4 activity modulates the subnuclear localization and interaction of MEF2 with SRC-family coactivators during skeletal muscle differentiation. Genes Dev. 2002;16:1792-805 pubmed
- Witt O, Deubzer H, Milde T, Oehme I. HDAC family: What are the cancer relevant targets?. Cancer Lett. 2009;277:8-21 pubmed publisher..The aim of this review is to discuss individual HDAC family members as drug targets in cancer taking into consideration their function under physiological conditions and their oncogenic potential in malignant disease. ..
- Dressel U, Bailey P, Wang S, Downes M, Evans R, Muscat G. A dynamic role for HDAC7 in MEF2-mediated muscle differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:17007-13 pubmedThe overlapping expression profile of MEF2 and the class-II histone deacetylase, HDAC7, led us to investigate the functional interaction and relationship between these regulatory proteins...
- Zhang L, Jin M, Margariti A, Wang G, Luo Z, Zampetaki A, et al. Sp1-dependent activation of HDAC7 is required for platelet-derived growth factor-BB-induced smooth muscle cell differentiation from stem cells. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:38463-72 pubmed publisherWe have previously demonstrated that histone deacetylase 7 (HDAC7) expression and splicing play an important role in smooth muscle cell (SMC) differentiation from embryonic stem (ES) cells, but the molecular mechanisms of increased HDAC7 ..
- Beharry A, Judge A. Differential expression of HDAC and HAT genes in atrophying skeletal muscle. Muscle Nerve. 2015;52:1098-101 pubmed publisher..The mRNA levels of Hdac2, Hdac4, Hdac6, Sirt1, p300, Cbp, and Pcaf increased, and Hdac7 decreased in skeletal muscle in each experimental model of muscle atrophy...
- Bettini M, Pan F, Bettini M, Finkelstein D, Rehg J, Floess S, et al. Loss of epigenetic modification driven by the Foxp3 transcription factor leads to regulatory T cell insufficiency. Immunity. 2012;36:717-30 pubmed publisher..Foxp3(gfp) was unable to interact with the histone acetyltransferase Tip60, the histone deacetylase HDAC7, and the Ikaros family zinc finger 4, Eos, which led to reduced Foxp3 acetylation and enhanced K48-linked ..
- McKinsey T, Zhang C, Olson E. Identification of a signal-responsive nuclear export sequence in class II histone deacetylases. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:6312-21 pubmed..The NES is conserved in another class II HDAC, HDAC7, but is absent in class I HDACs and the HDAC-related corepressor, MEF2-interacting transcription repressor...
- Su Y, Gao C, Liu Y, Guo S, Wang A, Wang B, et al. Monoubiquitination of filamin B regulates vascular endothelial growth factor-mediated trafficking of histone deacetylase 7. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:1546-60 pubmed publisher..We have identified the filamin B (FLNB) as a novel HDAC7-interacting protein that is required for temporal and spatial regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor (..
- Azagra A, Román González L, Collazo O, Rodriguez Ubreva J, de Yebenes V, Barneda Zahonero B, et al. In vivo conditional deletion of HDAC7 reveals its requirement to establish proper B lymphocyte identity and development. J Exp Med. 2016;213:2591-2601 pubmed..A prominent example is HDAC7, a class IIa HDAC that shows a lymphoid-specific expression pattern within the hematopoietic system...
- Navarro M, Goebel J, Feijoo Carnero C, Morrice N, Cantrell D. Phosphoproteomic analysis reveals an intrinsic pathway for the regulation of histone deacetylase 7 that controls the function of cytotoxic T lymphocytes. Nat Immunol. 2011;12:352-61 pubmed publisher..A focus on chromatin regulators showed that CTLs had high expression of the histone deacetylase HDAC7 but continually phosphorylated and exported this transcriptional repressor from the nucleus...
- Verdin E, Dequiedt F, Kasler H. Class II histone deacetylases: versatile regulators. Trends Genet. 2003;19:286-93 pubmed..We discuss their emerging biological functions and the molecular mechanisms by which they are regulated. ..
- Downes M, Ordentlich P, Kao H, Alvarez J, Evans R. Identification of a nuclear domain with deacetylase activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:10330-5 pubmed..We demonstrate that HDAC5 and 7 can associate with at least 12 distinct proteins, including several members of the NuRD and Sin3A repression complexes, and appear to define a new but related complex. ..
- Tiwari S, Dharmarajan S, Shivanna M, Otteson D, Belecky Adams T. Histone deacetylase expression patterns in developing murine optic nerve. BMC Dev Biol. 2014;14:30 pubmed publisher..These HDACs are candidates for further research to understand how chromatin remodeling through acetylation, deacetylation and methylation contributes to glial development as well as their injury response. ..
- Cao D, Wang Z, Zhang C, Oh J, Xing W, Li S, et al. Modulation of smooth muscle gene expression by association of histone acetyltransferases and deacetylases with myocardin. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:364-76 pubmed..These findings point to myocardin as a nexus for positive and negative regulation of smooth muscle gene expression by changes in chromatin acetylation. ..
- Pham L, Kaiser B, Romsa A, Schwarz T, Gopalakrishnan R, Jensen E, et al. HDAC3 and HDAC7 have opposite effects on osteoclast differentiation. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:12056-65 pubmed publisher..expression similar to HDAC inhibitors inhibits osteoclast differentiation, whereas osteoclasts suppressed for HDAC7 expression had accelerated differentiation when compared with control cells...
- Benn C, Butler R, Mariner L, Nixon J, Moffitt H, Mielcarek M, et al. Genetic knock-down of HDAC7 does not ameliorate disease pathogenesis in the R6/2 mouse model of Huntington's disease. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5747 pubmed publisher..b>HDAC7 is of interest in this context because SAHA has been shown to decrease HDAC7 expression in cell culture systems in ..
- Wang S, Li X, Parra M, Verdin E, Bassel Duby R, Olson E. Control of endothelial cell proliferation and migration by VEGF signaling to histone deacetylase 7. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:7738-43 pubmed publisher..We show that VEGF induces the phosphorylation of three conserved serine residues in histone deacetylase 7 (HDAC7) via protein kinase D, which promotes nuclear export of HDAC7 and activation of VEGF-responsive ..
- Jin Z, Wei W, Dechow P, Wan Y. HDAC7 inhibits osteoclastogenesis by reversing RANKL-triggered ?-catenin switch. Mol Endocrinol. 2013;27:325-35 pubmed publisher..Here we identify histone deacetylase 7 (HDAC7) as a key negative regulator of osteoclastogenesis and bone resorption using both in vitro cellular ..
- Pannem R, Dorn C, Hellerbrand C, Massoumi R. Cylindromatosis gene CYLD regulates hepatocyte growth factor expression in hepatic stellate cells through interaction with histone deacetylase 7. Hepatology. 2014;60:1066-81 pubmed publisher..the absence of CYLD, gene transcription of HGF in hepatic stellate cells was repressed through binding of histone deacetylase 7 (HDAC7) to the promoter of HGF...
- Stemig M, Astelford K, Emery A, Cho J, Allen B, Huang T, et al. Deletion of histone deacetylase 7 in osteoclasts decreases bone mass in mice by interactions with MITF. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0123843 pubmed publisher..We recently reported that histone deacetylase 7 (HDAC7) binds to and represses the transcriptional activity of MITF in osteoclasts, and that loss of HDAC7 ..
- Winnay J, Hammer G. Adrenocorticotropic hormone-mediated signaling cascades coordinate a cyclic pattern of steroidogenic factor 1-dependent transcriptional activation. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:147-66 pubmed..In addition, the current study demonstrates that specific enzymatic activities are capable of regulating distinct facets of a highly ordered transcriptional response...
- Bradley E, Carpio L, Olson E, Westendorf J. Histone deacetylase 7 (Hdac7) suppresses chondrocyte proliferation and Î²-catenin activity during endochondral ossification. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:118-26 pubmed publisher..We previously showed that Hdac7 suppresses Runx2 activity and osteoblast differentiation...