Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hdac11
Description: histone deacetylase 11
Alias: histone deacetylase 11, HD11
- Woods D, Woan K, Cheng F, Sodre A, Wang D, Wu Y, et al. T cells lacking HDAC11 have increased effector functions and mediate enhanced alloreactivity in a murine model. Blood. 2017;130:146-155 pubmed publisher..Here, we demonstrate a previously undefined role of histone deacetylase 11 (HDAC11) in regulating T-cell effector functions...
- Sahakian E, Chen J, Powers J, Chen X, Maharaj K, Deng S, et al. Essential role for histone deacetylase 11 (HDAC11) in neutrophil biology. J Leukoc Biol. 2017;102:475-486 pubmed publisher..b>HDAC11, the newest member of the HDAC family of enzymes, functions as a negative regulator of IL-10 expression in APCs, ..
- Izzi L, Silvestri C, Von Both I, Labbé E, Zakin L, Wrana J, et al. Foxh1 recruits Gsc to negatively regulate Mixl1 expression during early mouse development. EMBO J. 2007;26:3132-43 pubmed..As Gsc is itself induced in a Foxh1-dependent manner, we propose that Foxh1 initiates positive and negative transcriptional circuits to refine cell fate decisions during gastrulation. ..
- Pang A, Taylor H, Johnson W, Alexander S, Chen Y, Su Y, et al. Identification of differentially expressed genes in mouse spermatogenesis. J Androl. 2003;24:899-911 pubmed..Many of the genes identified were not previously characterized. This study highlights new targets for manipulation to unravel the molecular mechanism of spermatogenesis. ..
- Bagui T, Sharma S, Ma L, Pledger W. Proliferative status regulates HDAC11 mRNA abundance in nontransformed fibroblasts. Cell Cycle. 2013;12:3433-41 pubmed publisherHistone deacetylases (HDACs) are important determinants of gene transcription and other biological processes. HDAC11 is one of the least characterized HDACs and is the only member of the class IV HDAC family...
- Verdin E, Dequiedt F, Kasler H. Class II histone deacetylases: versatile regulators. Trends Genet. 2003;19:286-93 pubmed..We discuss their emerging biological functions and the molecular mechanisms by which they are regulated. ..
- Witt O, Deubzer H, Milde T, Oehme I. HDAC family: What are the cancer relevant targets?. Cancer Lett. 2009;277:8-21 pubmed publisher..The aim of this review is to discuss individual HDAC family members as drug targets in cancer taking into consideration their function under physiological conditions and their oncogenic potential in malignant disease. ..
- Kim J, Jung K, Jang H, Park K. Gender-specific role of HDAC11 in kidney ischemia- and reperfusion-induced PAI-1 expression and injury. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2013;305:F61-70 pubmed publisher..PAI-1 inhibition protected the kidney from I/R-induced inflammation and functional loss. Among HDACs, only HDAC11 negatively regulated PAI-1 expression in I/R-subjected kidney gender specifically and lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-..