Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: H3f3a
Description: H3 histone, family 3A
Alias: EyeLinc14, H3.3A, histone H3.3
- Banaszynski L, Wen D, Dewell S, Whitcomb S, Lin M, Diaz N, et al. Hira-dependent histone H3.3 deposition facilitates PRC2 recruitment at developmental loci in ES cells. Cell. 2013;155:107-20 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our findings support the emerging notion that H3.3 has multiple functions in distinct genomic locations that are not always correlated with an "active" chromatin state. ..
- Loyola A, Bonaldi T, Roche D, Imhof A, Almouzni G. PTMs on H3 variants before chromatin assembly potentiate their final epigenetic state. Mol Cell. 2006;24:309-16 pubmed..Although the set of initial modifications present on H3.1 is permissive for further modifications, in H3.3 a subset cannot be K9me3. Thus, initial modifications impact final PTMs within chromatin. ..
- Tang M, Jacobs S, Wong L, Mann J. Conditional allelic replacement applied to genes encoding the histone variant H3.3 in the mouse. Genesis. 2013;51:142-6 pubmed publisher..3 protein. Such vectors will allow for the conditional substitution of specific residues in order to dissect the roles of H3.3 post-translational modifications in development and disease. ..
- Couldrey C, Carlton M, Nolan P, Colledge W, Evans M. A retroviral gene trap insertion into the histone 3.3A gene causes partial neonatal lethality, stunted growth, neuromuscular deficits and male sub-fertility in transgenic mice. Hum Mol Genet. 1999;8:2489-95 pubmed..When copulations did occur, these resulted in very few pregnancies, suggesting that mutations in the H3.3A gene may contribute to some cases of impaired fertility in man. ..
- Dahl J, Reiner A, Klungland A, Wakayama T, Collas P. Histone H3 lysine 27 methylation asymmetry on developmentally-regulated promoters distinguish the first two lineages in mouse preimplantation embryos. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9150 pubmed publisher..Our results show histone trimethylation asymmetry on promoters in the first two developmental lineages, and highlight an epigenetic skewing associated with embryonic stem cell derivation. ..
- Usui A, Iwagawa T, Mochizuki Y, Iida A, Wegner M, Murakami A, et al. Expression of Sox4 and Sox11 is regulated by multiple mechanisms during retinal development. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:358-63 pubmed publisher..A similar but less marked change was seen for Sox4. For both genes, histone H3-lysine 27 methylation was low during development and increased markedly in the adult. ..
- Daujat S, Bauer U, Shah V, Turner B, Berger S, Kouzarides T. Crosstalk between CARM1 methylation and CBP acetylation on histone H3. Curr Biol. 2002;12:2090-7 pubmed..These results reveal an ordered and interdependent deposition of acetylation and arginine methylation during estrogen-regulated transcription and provide support for a combinatorial role of histone modifications in gene expression. ..
- Cocklin R, Wang M. Identification of methylation and acetylation sites on mouse histone H3 using matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight and nanoelectrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry. J Protein Chem. 2003;22:327-34 pubmed..The reported mass spectrometric method provides an efficient and sensitive way for analyzing post-translational modifications of histone proteins. ..
- Zhong S, Jansen C, She Q, Goto H, Inagaki M, Bode A, et al. Ultraviolet B-induced phosphorylation of histone H3 at serine 28 is mediated by MSK1. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:33213-9 pubmed..These data illustrate that MSK1 mediates ultraviolet B-induced phosphorylation of histone H3 at serine 28. ..
- Goto H, Tomono Y, Ajiro K, Kosako H, Fujita M, Sakurai M, et al. Identification of a novel phosphorylation site on histone H3 coupled with mitotic chromosome condensation. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:25543-9 pubmed..These observations suggest that H3 phosphorylation at Ser(28), together with Ser(10), is a conserved event and is likely to be involved in mitotic chromosome condensation. ..
- Hraba Renevey S, Kress M. Expression of a mouse replacement histone H3.3 gene with a highly conserved 3' noncoding region during SV40- and polyoma-induced Go to S-phase transition. Nucleic Acids Res. 1989;17:2449-61 pubmed..The latter mechanism was however far less pronounced than with replication histone variant mRNAs. The biological implications of these results are discussed. ..
- Jackson A, Kondilis H, Khor B, Sleckman B, Krangel M. Regulation of T cell receptor beta allelic exclusion at a level beyond accessibility. Nat Immunol. 2005;6:189-97 pubmed..Our results indicate additional regulatory constraints on V(beta)-to-DJ(beta) recombination that operate beyond the accessibility barrier. ..
- Goto H, Yasui Y, Nigg E, Inagaki M. Aurora-B phosphorylates Histone H3 at serine28 with regard to the mitotic chromosome condensation. Genes Cells. 2002;7:11-7 pubmed..The level of Ser28 phosphorylation is diminished to undetectable levels by PP1 phosphatase prior to entry into mitosis. ..
- Dai J, Sultan S, Taylor S, Higgins J. The kinase haspin is required for mitotic histone H3 Thr 3 phosphorylation and normal metaphase chromosome alignment. Genes Dev. 2005;19:472-88 pubmed..This work reveals a new kinase involved in composing the histone code and adds haspin to the select group of kinases that integrate regulation of chromosome and spindle function during mitosis and meiosis. ..
- Sawicka A, Hartl D, Goiser M, Pusch O, Stocsits R, Tamir I, et al. H3S28 phosphorylation is a hallmark of the transcriptional response to cellular stress. Genome Res. 2014;24:1808-20 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal a novel function of the H3S28ph mark in the activation of mammalian genes in response to MAP kinase pathway activation. ..
- Egan C, Nyman U, Skotte J, Streubel G, Turner S, O Connell D, et al. CHD5 is required for neurogenesis and has a dual role in facilitating gene expression and polycomb gene repression. Dev Cell. 2013;26:223-36 pubmed publisher..These findings provide insights into the regulatory role of CHD5 during neurogenesis and suggest how inactivation of this candidate tumor suppressor might contribute to neuroblastoma. ..
- Ou X, Cheng Z, Liu T, Tang Z, Huang W, Szatmary P, et al. Circulating Histone Levels Reflect Disease Severity in Animal Models of Acute Pancreatitis. Pancreas. 2015;44:1089-95 pubmed publisher..Circulating histones increased significantly in necrotizing pancreatitis due to extensive pancreatic acinar cell death. Levels of circulating histones may have translational potential as a biomarker of disease severity. ..
- López Alañón D, López Fernández L, Castaneda V, Krimer D, del Mazo J. H3.3A variant histone mRNA containing an alpha-globin insertion: modulated expression during mouse gametogenesis correlates with meiotic onset. DNA Cell Biol. 1997;16:639-44 pubmed..Analysis of gene expression reveals a developmental regulation concurrent with meiotic progression, with the highest level of transcript detection coincident with meiotic onset during both oogenesis and spermatogenesis. ..
- Basu S, Pathak S, Pathak S, Bhattacharyya A, Banerjee A, Kundu M, et al. Mycobacterium avium-induced matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression occurs in a cyclooxygenase-2-dependent manner and involves phosphorylation- and acetylation-dependent chromatin modification. Cell Microbiol. 2007;9:2804-16 pubmed..avium...
- Filippova G, Cheng M, Moore J, Truong J, Hu Y, Nguyen D, et al. Boundaries between chromosomal domains of X inactivation and escape bind CTCF and lack CpG methylation during early development. Dev Cell. 2005;8:31-42 pubmed..Furthermore, the evolution of X chromosome domains appears to be associated with repositioning of chromatin boundary elements. ..
- Martens J, O Sullivan R, Braunschweig U, Opravil S, Radolf M, Steinlein P, et al. The profile of repeat-associated histone lysine methylation states in the mouse epigenome. EMBO J. 2005;24:800-12 pubmed..Our data define a profile of repressive histone lysine methylation states for the repetitive complement of four distinct mouse epigenomes and suggest tandem repeats and dsRNA as primary triggers for more stable chromatin imprints. ..
- Linke M, May A, Reifenberg K, Haaf T, Zechner U. The impact of ovarian stimulation on the expression of candidate reprogramming genes in mouse preimplantation embryos. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2013;139:71-9 pubmed publisher..Our data argue for a negative impact of ovarian stimulation during female gametogenesis and/or early embryo development affecting the expression of candidate reprogramming factors. ..
- Baarends W, Wassenaar E, van der Laan R, Hoogerbrugge J, Sleddens Linkels E, Hoeijmakers J, et al. Silencing of unpaired chromatin and histone H2A ubiquitination in mammalian meiosis. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:1041-53 pubmed..This silencing in mammalian meiotic prophase cells concerns unpaired chromatin regions and resembles a phenomenon described for the fungus Neurospora crassa and named meiotic silencing by unpaired DNA. ..
- Fields P, Lee G, Kim S, Bartsevich V, Flavell R. Th2-specific chromatin remodeling and enhancer activity in the Th2 cytokine locus control region. Immunity. 2004;21:865-76 pubmed..We postulate that these sites function alone or in combination with other regulatory elements to coordinate gene expression in the Th2 cytokine locus...
- Esteve P, Patnaik D, Chin H, Benner J, Teitell M, Pradhan S. Functional analysis of the N- and C-terminus of mammalian G9a histone H3 methyltransferase. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:3211-23 pubmed..Thus, distinct domains modulate nuclear targeting and catalytic functions of G9a. ..
- Lee J, Wang C, Xu S, Cho Y, Wang L, Feng X, et al. H3K4 mono- and di-methyltransferase MLL4 is required for enhancer activation during cell differentiation. elife. 2013;2:e01503 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings identify MLL4 as a major mammalian H3K4 mono- and di-methyltransferase essential for enhancer activation during cell differentiation. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7554/eLife.01503.001. ..
- Bauer U, Daujat S, Nielsen S, Nightingale K, Kouzarides T. Methylation at arginine 17 of histone H3 is linked to gene activation. EMBO Rep. 2002;3:39-44 pubmed..Together these results demonstrate that CARM1 is recruited to an active promoter and that CARM1-mediated R17 methylation on histone H3 takes place in vivo during this active state. ..
- Citterio E, Papait R, Nicassio F, Vecchi M, Gomiero P, Mantovani R, et al. Np95 is a histone-binding protein endowed with ubiquitin ligase activity. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:2526-35 pubmed..Thus, the demonstration that Np95 is a chromatin-associated ubiquitin ligase suggests possible molecular mechanisms for its action as a cell cycle regulator. ..
- Lim J, Catez F, Birger Y, West K, Prymakowska Bosak M, Postnikov Y, et al. Chromosomal protein HMGN1 modulates histone H3 phosphorylation. Mol Cell. 2004;15:573-84 pubmed..Thus, the levels of posttranslational modifications in chromatin are modulated by nucleosome binding proteins that alter the ability of enzymatic complexes to access and modify their nucleosomal targets. ..
- Pal S, Vishwanath S, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, SIF S. Human SWI/SNF-associated PRMT5 methylates histone H3 arginine 8 and negatively regulates expression of ST7 and NM23 tumor suppressor genes. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:9630-45 pubmed..These findings suggest that the BRG1- and hBRM-associated PRMT5 regulates cell growth and proliferation by controlling expression of genes involved in tumor suppression. ..
- Udugama M, M Chang F, Chan F, Tang M, Pickett H, R McGhie J, et al. Histone variant H3.3 provides the heterochromatic H3 lysine 9 tri-methylation mark at telomeres. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:10227-37 pubmed publisher..3K9 at telomeres. In H3f3a(-/-) and H3f3b(-/-) mouse embryonic stem cells (ESCs), H3...
- Mikula M, Majewska A, Ledwon J, Dzwonek A, Ostrowski J. Obesity increases histone H3 lysine 9 and 18 acetylation at Tnfa and Ccl2 genes in mouse liver. Int J Mol Med. 2014;34:1647-54 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that increased Tnfa and Ccl2 expression in fatty liver at the chromatin level corresponds to changes in the level of histone H3 acetylation. ..
- Büttner N, Johnsen S, Kügler S, Vogel T. Af9/Mllt3 interferes with Tbr1 expression through epigenetic modification of histone H3K79 during development of the cerebral cortex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:7042-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study identified AF9 as a developmental active epigenetic modifier during the generation of cortical projection neurons. ..
- Nagamori I, Yomogida K, Adams P, Sassone Corsi P, Nojima H. Transcription factors, cAMP-responsive element modulator (CREM) and Tisp40, act in concert in postmeiotic transcriptional regulation. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:15073-81 pubmed..Finally, we demonstrate that the Tisp40DeltaTM-CREMtau heterodimer acts as a recruiter of HIRA, a histone chaperone, to CRE. Taken together, we propose that Tisp40 is an important transcriptional regulator during spermiogenesis. ..
- Sato T, Ohno S, Hayashi T, Sato C, Kohu K, Satake M, et al. Dual functions of Runx proteins for reactivating CD8 and silencing CD4 at the commitment process into CD8 thymocytes. Immunity. 2005;22:317-28 pubmed
- Hart A, Papadopoulou S, Edlund H. Fgf10 maintains notch activation, stimulates proliferation, and blocks differentiation of pancreatic epithelial cells. Dev Dyn. 2003;228:185-93 pubmed..Together, our data suggest a role for FGF10/FGFR2b signalling in regulation of pancreatic cell proliferation and differentiation and that FGF10/FGFR2b signalling affects the Notch-mediated lateral inhibition pathway. ..
- Tang M, Jacobs S, Mattiske D, Soh Y, Graham A, Tran A, et al. Contribution of the two genes encoding histone variant h3.3 to viability and fertility in mice. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1004964 pubmed publisher..Here, we present a comprehensive analysis of the developmental effects of null mutations in each of these genes. H3f3a mutants were viable to adulthood. Females were fertile, while males were subfertile with dysmorphic spermatozoa...
- Umlauf D, Goto Y, Cao R, Cerqueira F, Wagschal A, Zhang Y, et al. Imprinting along the Kcnq1 domain on mouse chromosome 7 involves repressive histone methylation and recruitment of Polycomb group complexes. Nat Genet. 2004;36:1296-300 pubmed
- Dunn K, Davie J. Stimulation of the Ras-MAPK pathway leads to independent phosphorylation of histone H3 on serine 10 and 28. Oncogene. 2005;24:3492-502 pubmed
- Polioudaki H, Kourmouli N, Drosou V, Bakou A, Theodoropoulos P, Singh P, et al. Histones H3/H4 form a tight complex with the inner nuclear membrane protein LBR and heterochromatin protein 1. EMBO Rep. 2001;2:920-5 pubmed
- Dyson M, Thomson S, Inagaki M, Goto H, Arthur S, Nightingale K, et al. MAP kinase-mediated phosphorylation of distinct pools of histone H3 at S10 or S28 via mitogen- and stress-activated kinase 1/2. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:2247-59 pubmed..These studies reveal a remarkable level of targeting of S10 and S28 phosphorylation to distinct H3 tails within chromatin in the interphase mouse nucleus. Possible models for such exquisite targeting are discussed. ..
- Song P, Zhou Y, Coughlan K, Dai X, Xu H, Viollet B, et al. Adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase-?2 deficiency promotes vascular smooth muscle cell migration via S-phase kinase-associated protein 2 upregulation and E-cadherin downregulation. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013;33:2800-9 pubmed publisher..Finally, neointima formation after ligation of carotid artery was increased in AMPK?2(-/-), but not AMPK?1(-/-), mice. We conclude that deletion of AMPK?2 causes aberrant VSMC migration with accelerated neointima formation in vivo. ..
- May A, Kirchner R, Muller H, Hartmann P, El Hajj N, Tresch A, et al. Multiplex rt-PCR expression analysis of developmentally important genes in individual mouse preimplantation embryos and blastomeres. Biol Reprod. 2009;80:194-202 pubmed publisher..The ubiquitously expressed histone variant H3f3a and the transcription factor Pou5f1 generated mRNA-derived products in all analyzed (1-cell, 2-cell, 4-cell, and ..
- Bamforth S, Braganca J, Farthing C, Schneider J, Broadbent C, Michell A, et al. Cited2 controls left-right patterning and heart development through a Nodal-Pitx2c pathway. Nat Genet. 2004;36:1189-96 pubmed..We propose that an abnormal Nodal-Pitx2c pathway represents a unifying mechanism for the cardiovascular malformations observed in Cited2(-/-) mice, and that such malformations may be the sole manifestation of a laterality defect. ..
- Choi H, Choi B, Cho Y, Zhu F, Bode A, Dong Z. Phosphorylation of Ser28 in histone H3 mediated by mixed lineage kinase-like mitogen-activated protein triple kinase alpha. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:13545-53 pubmed
- Lepack A, Bagot R, PeÃ±a C, Loh Y, Farrelly L, Lu Y, et al. Aberrant H3.3 dynamics in NAc promote vulnerability to depressive-like behavior. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:12562-12567 pubmed..3 dynamics as a critical, and previously undocumented, regulator of mood and suggest that future therapies aimed at modulating striatal histone dynamics may potentiate beneficial behavioral adaptations to negative emotional stimuli. ..
- López Fernández L, López Alañón D, Castaneda V, Krimer D, del Mazo J. Developmental expression of H3.3A variant histone mRNA in mouse. Int J Dev Biol. 1997;41:699-703 pubmed..High expressions were found in foetal liver and spinal cord. These different expressions might reflect a possible function of H3.3A in cell differentiation as detected in MEL cells. ..
- Sabbattini P, Sjoberg M, Nikic S, Frangini A, Holmqvist P, Kunowska N, et al. An H3K9/S10 methyl-phospho switch modulates Polycomb and Pol II binding at repressed genes during differentiation. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:904-15 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence of a novel developmentally regulated methyl-phospho switch that modulates Polycomb regulation in differentiated cells and stabilizes repressed states. ..
- Song T, Yang J, Park J, Song Y, Han J, Youn H, et al. The role of histone chaperones in osteoblastic differentiation of C2C12 myoblasts. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;423:726-32 pubmed publisher..3 were required for early steps of osteoblastic differentiation. Our results suggest that histone chaperones and variant histones might be differentially required for the distinct phases of differentiation pathway. ..
- Demers C, Chaturvedi C, Ranish J, Juban G, Lai P, Morle F, et al. Activator-mediated recruitment of the MLL2 methyltransferase complex to the beta-globin locus. Mol Cell. 2007;27:573-84 pubmed
- Morris S, Rao B, Garcia B, Hake S, Diaz R, Shabanowitz J, et al. Identification of histone H3 lysine 36 acetylation as a highly conserved histone modification. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:7632-40 pubmed
- Mann W, Haaf T. Single cell RT-PCR on mouse embryos: a general approach for developmental biology. Methods Mol Biol. 2010;630:3-12 pubmed publisher..g. the analysis of circulating tumor cells and their progenitors). The ubiquitously expressed histone variant H3f3a and the transcription factor Pou5f1 generated mRNA-derived products in all analyzed preimplantation embryos (up to ..
- Cuthbert G, Daujat S, Snowden A, Erdjument Bromage H, Hagiwara T, Yamada M, et al. Histone deimination antagonizes arginine methylation. Cell. 2004;118:545-53 pubmed..The recruitment of PADI4 coincides with deimination of the histone H3 N-terminal tail. These results define deimination as a novel mechanism for antagonizing the transcriptional induction mediated by arginine methylation. ..
- Elsaesser S, Allis C. HIRA and Daxx constitute two independent histone H3.3-containing predeposition complexes. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol. 2010;75:27-34 pubmed publisher..We provide evidence that the association of histone H3.3 with distinct assembly systems allows it to acquire unique posttranslational modifications before deposition that might affect its role after incorporation into chromatin. ..
- Wen D, Banaszynski L, Liu Y, Geng F, Noh K, Xiang J, et al. Histone variant H3.3 is an essential maternal factor for oocyte reprogramming. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:7325-30 pubmed publisher..3 protein. Our study shows that H3.3 is a crucial maternal factor for oocyte reprogramming and provides a practical model to directly dissect the oocyte for its reprogramming capacity. ..
- Harada A, Maehara K, Sato Y, Konno D, Tachibana T, Kimura H, et al. Incorporation of histone H3.1 suppresses the lineage potential of skeletal muscle. Nucleic Acids Res. 2015;43:775-86 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that lineage potential is established through a selective incorporation of specific H3 variants that governs the balance of histone modifications. ..
- Cui H, Bansal V, Grunert M, Malecova B, Dall Agnese A, Latella L, et al. Muscle-relevant genes marked by stable H3K4me2/3 profiles and enriched MyoD binding during myogenic differentiation. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179464 pubmed publisher..These results point to the importance of integrating histone modifications and MyoD chromatin binding for coordinated gene activation and repression during myogenic differentiation. ..
- Dutta D, Ray S, Home P, Saha B, Wang S, Sheibani N, et al. Regulation of angiogenesis by histone chaperone HIRA-mediated incorporation of lysine 56-acetylated histone H3.3 at chromatin domains of endothelial genes. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:41567-77 pubmed publisher..Our results for the first time decipher a histone chaperone (HIRA)-dependent molecular mechanism in endothelial gene regulation and indicate that histone chaperones could be new targets for angiogenesis therapy. ..
- Jang C, Shibata Y, Starmer J, Yee D, Magnuson T. Histone H3.3 maintains genome integrity during mammalian development. Genes Dev. 2015;29:1377-92 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results reveal that an important function of H3.3 is to support chromosomal heterochromatic structures, thus maintaining genome integrity during mammalian development. ..
- Nambu Y, Sugai M, Gonda H, Lee C, Katakai T, Agata Y, et al. Transcription-coupled events associating with immunoglobulin switch region chromatin. Science. 2003;302:2137-40 pubmed..These data indicate an important role of GLT in the regulation of chromatin accessibility, strongly suggesting that the target of AID is chromatin DNA. Our results give insights on the role of AID and the regulatory mechanism of CSR. ..
- Wysocka J, Swigut T, Xiao H, Milne T, Kwon S, Landry J, et al. A PHD finger of NURF couples histone H3 lysine 4 trimethylation with chromatin remodelling. Nature. 2006;442:86-90 pubmed..We also identify a previously unknown function for the PHD finger as a highly specialized methyl-lysine-binding domain. ..
- Hatano A, Matsumoto M, Higashinakagawa T, Nakayama K. Phosphorylation of the chromodomain changes the binding specificity of Cbx2 for methylated histone H3. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;397:93-9 pubmed publisher..Phosphorylation of the chromodomain of Cbx2 may therefore serve as a molecular switch that affects the reading of the histone modification code and thereby controls epigenetic cellular memory. ..
- Lewis P, Müller M, Koletsky M, Cordero F, Lin S, Banaszynski L, et al. Inhibition of PRC2 activity by a gain-of-function H3 mutation found in pediatric glioblastoma. Science. 2013;340:857-61 pubmed publisher..3 (H3F3A) and H3.1 (HIST3H1B)...
- Mustafi D, Kevany B, Bai X, Maeda T, Sears J, Khalil A, et al. Evolutionarily conserved long intergenic non-coding RNAs in the eye. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:2992-3002 pubmed publisher..This combined approach identified several lincRNAs that could be critical for retinal and visual maintenance in adults. ..
- De Santa F, Totaro M, Prosperini E, Notarbartolo S, Testa G, Natoli G. The histone H3 lysine-27 demethylase Jmjd3 links inflammation to inhibition of polycomb-mediated gene silencing. Cell. 2007;130:1083-94 pubmed
- Lin T, Chao C, Saito S, Mazur S, Murphy M, Appella E, et al. p53 induces differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells by suppressing Nanog expression. Nat Cell Biol. 2005;7:165-71 pubmed..These findings indicate an alternative mechanism for p53 to maintain genetic stability in ESCs, by inducing the differentiation of ESCs into other cell types that undergo efficient p53-dependent cell-cycle arrest and apoptosis. ..
- Garcia B, Hake S, Diaz R, Kauer M, Morris S, Recht J, et al. Organismal differences in post-translational modifications in histones H3 and H4. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:7641-55 pubmed publisher..Additionally, modification profiles of H4 acetylation were very similar among the organisms examined...
- Maehara K, Harada A, Sato Y, Matsumoto M, Nakayama K, Kimura H, et al. Tissue-specific expression of histone H3 variants diversified after species separation. Epigenetics Chromatin. 2015;8:35 pubmed publisher..Their biological relevance and evolutionary aspect involving pseudogene diversification will be addressed by further functional analysis. ..