Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: H2afv
Description: H2A histone family, member V
Alias: C530002L11Rik, H2a.z-2, H2av, Tg(Wnt1-cre)11Rth, Wnt1-Cre, Wnt1::Cre, Wnt1cre, histone H2A.V, histone H2A.F/Z
- Luo W, Enomoto H, Rice F, Milbrandt J, Ginty D. Molecular identification of rapidly adapting mechanoreceptors and their developmental dependence on ret signaling. Neuron. 2009;64:841-56 pubmed publisher..Thus, the early Ret(+) neurons are RA mechanoreceptors and Ret signaling is required for the assembly of neural circuits underlying touch perception. ..
- Bonilla Claudio M, Wang J, Bai Y, Klysik E, Selever J, Martin J. Bmp signaling regulates a dose-dependent transcriptional program to control facial skeletal development. Development. 2012;139:709-19 pubmed publisher..These data support the hypothesis that Bmp signaling regulates craniofacial skeletal development by balancing self-renewal and differentiation pathways in CNC progenitors. ..
- Connerney J, Andreeva V, Leshem Y, Muentener C, Mercado M, Spicer D. Twist1 dimer selection regulates cranial suture patterning and fusion. Dev Dyn. 2006;235:1345-57 pubmed..Therefore, we have identified dimer partner selection as an important mediator of Twist1 function and provide a mechanistic understanding of craniosynostosis due to TWIST haploinsufficiency. ..
- Barron F, Woods C, Kuhn K, Bishop J, Howard M, Clouthier D. Downregulation of Dlx5 and Dlx6 expression by Hand2 is essential for initiation of tongue morphogenesis. Development. 2011;138:2249-59 pubmed publisher..Hand2 thus appears to establish a distal mandibular arch domain that is conducive for lower jaw development, including the initiation of tongue mesenchyme morphogenesis. ..
- Matt N, Ghyselinck N, Pellerin I, Dupé V. Impairing retinoic acid signalling in the neural crest cells is sufficient to alter entire eye morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2008;320:140-8 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, we observed that RA is required in the neural crest cells for normal position of the extraocular muscle. ..
- Ohazama A, Haycraft C, Seppala M, Blackburn J, Ghafoor S, Cobourne M, et al. Primary cilia regulate Shh activity in the control of molar tooth number. Development. 2009;136:897-903 pubmed publisher..Strikingly, the ectopic teeth adopt a size and shape characteristic of premolars, a tooth type that was lost in mice around 50-100 million years ago. ..
- Han D, Zhao H, Parada C, Hacia J, Bringas P, Chai Y. A TGF?-Smad4-Fgf6 signaling cascade controls myogenic differentiation and myoblast fusion during tongue development. Development. 2012;139:1640-50 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our study demonstrates that a TGF?-Smad4-Fgf6 signaling cascade plays a crucial role in myogenic cell fate determination and lineage progression during tongue myogenesis...
- Chen C, Broom D, Liu Y, de Nooij J, Li Z, Cen C, et al. Runx1 determines nociceptive sensory neuron phenotype and is required for thermal and neuropathic pain. Neuron. 2006;49:365-77 pubmed..Moreover, mice lacking Runx1 exhibit specific defects in thermal and neuropathic pain. Thus, Runx1 coordinates the phenotype of a large cohort of nociceptors, a finding with implications for pain therapy. ..
- Fuchs S, Herzog D, Sumara G, Büchmann Møller S, Civenni G, Wu X, et al. Stage-specific control of neural crest stem cell proliferation by the small rho GTPases Cdc42 and Rac1. Cell Stem Cell. 2009;4:236-47 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data reveal distinct mechanisms for growth control of NCSCs from different developmental stages. ..
- Lee H, Kléber M, Hari L, Brault V, Suter U, Taketo M, et al. Instructive role of Wnt/beta-catenin in sensory fate specification in neural crest stem cells. Science. 2004;303:1020-3 pubmed..Moreover, Wnt1 is able to instruct early NCSCs (eNCSCs) to adopt a sensory neuronal fate in a beta-catenin-dependent manner. Thus, the role of Wnt/beta-catenin in stem cells is cell-type dependent. ..
- Goddeeris M, Schwartz R, Klingensmith J, Meyers E. Independent requirements for Hedgehog signaling by both the anterior heart field and neural crest cells for outflow tract development. Development. 2007;134:1593-604 pubmed..Disruption of any of these steps can result in a single OFT phenotype. ..
- Turlo K, Noel O, Vora R, Larussa M, Fassler R, Hall Glenn F, et al. An essential requirement for ?1 integrin in the assembly of extracellular matrix proteins within the vascular wall. Dev Biol. 2012;365:23-35 pubmed publisher..Additional analysis of ?1 integrin in the pharyngeal arch smooth muscle progenitors was performed using wnt1Cre. Neural crest cells deleted for ?1 integrin were able to migrate to the pharyngeal arches and associate with ..
- Matt N, Dupé V, Garnier J, Dennefeld C, Chambon P, Mark M, et al. Retinoic acid-dependent eye morphogenesis is orchestrated by neural crest cells. Development. 2005;132:4789-800 pubmed..We additionally show that RALDH1 and RALDH3 are the only enzymes that are required for RA synthesis in the eye region from E10.5 to E13.5, and that patterning of the dorsoventral axis of the retina does not require RA. ..
- Barnes R, Firulli B, Vandusen N, Morikawa Y, Conway S, Cserjesi P, et al. Hand2 loss-of-function in Hand1-expressing cells reveals distinct roles in epicardial and coronary vessel development. Circ Res. 2011;108:940-9 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate a hierarchal relationship whereby transient Hand1 septum transversum expression defines epicardial precursors that are subsequently dependent on Hand2 function. ..
- Hosokawa R, Oka K, Yamaza T, Iwata J, Urata M, Xu X, et al. TGF-beta mediated FGF10 signaling in cranial neural crest cells controls development of myogenic progenitor cells through tissue-tissue interactions during tongue morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2010;341:186-95 pubmed publisher..The addition of FGF10 rescued the muscle cell number in Wnt1-Cre;Tgfbr2(flox/flox) mice. Thus, TGF-beta induced FGF10 signaling has a critical function in regulating tissue-tissue interaction during tongue skeletal muscle development. ..
- Sun Y, Dykes I, Liang X, Eng S, Evans S, Turner E. A central role for Islet1 in sensory neuron development linking sensory and spinal gene regulatory programs. Nat Neurosci. 2008;11:1283-93 pubmed publisher..Together these results establish a central role for Islet1 in the transition from sensory neurogenesis to subtype specification. ..
- Li L, Lin M, Wang Y, Cserjesi P, Chen Z, Chen Y. BmprIa is required in mesenchymal tissue and has limited redundant function with BmprIb in tooth and palate development. Dev Biol. 2011;349:451-61 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate an essential role for BmprIa in the mesenchymal component and a limited functional redundancy between BmprIa and BmprIb in a tissue-specific manner during tooth and palate development...
- Huang X, Goudy S, Ketova T, Litingtung Y, Chiang C. Gli3-deficient mice exhibit cleft palate associated with abnormal tongue development. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:3079-87 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, Gli3-/- palatal shelves grown in roller cultures without tongue can fuse suggesting that the abnormal tongue is likely an impediment for palatal shelf joining in Gli3-/- mutants. ..
- Vallejo Illarramendi A, Zang K, Reichardt L. Focal adhesion kinase is required for neural crest cell morphogenesis during mouse cardiovascular development. J Clin Invest. 2009;119:2218-30 pubmed publisher..To investigate the role of FAK in NCC morphogenesis, we deleted it in murine NCCs using Wnt1cre, yielding craniofacial and cardiovascular malformations resembling those observed in individuals with DiGeorge ..
- Engleka K, Wu M, Zhang M, Antonucci N, Epstein J. Menin is required in cranial neural crest for palatogenesis and perinatal viability. Dev Biol. 2007;311:524-37 pubmed..Thus, menin functions in vivo during osteogenesis and is required for palatogenesis, skeletal rib formation and perinatal viability...
- Verzi M, McCulley D, De Val S, Dodou E, Black B. The right ventricle, outflow tract, and ventricular septum comprise a restricted expression domain within the secondary/anterior heart field. Dev Biol. 2005;287:134-45 pubmed..Finally, the Cre transgenic mice described here will be a crucial tool for conditional gene inactivation exclusively in the anterior heart field and its derivatives. ..
- Merki E, Zamora M, Raya A, Kawakami Y, Wang J, Zhang X, et al. Epicardial retinoid X receptor alpha is required for myocardial growth and coronary artery formation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:18455-60 pubmed
- Khonsari R, Seppala M, Pradel A, Dutel H, Clément G, Lebedev O, et al. The buccohypophyseal canal is an ancestral vertebrate trait maintained by modulation in sonic hedgehog signaling. BMC Biol. 2013;11:27 pubmed publisher..It appears that the opening of the buccohypophyseal canal depends upon Shh signaling and that modulation in this pathway most probably accounts for its persistence in phylogeny. ..
- Choudhary B, Ito Y, Makita T, Sasaki T, Chai Y, Sucov H. Cardiovascular malformations with normal smooth muscle differentiation in neural crest-specific type II TGFbeta receptor (Tgfbr2) mutant mice. Dev Biol. 2006;289:420-9 pubmed..By crossing a conditional allele of the type II TGFbeta receptor with the neural crest-specific Wnt1cre transgene, we have addressed the in vivo requirement for TGFbeta signaling in smooth muscle specification and ..
- Newbern J, Zhong J, Wickramasinghe R, Li X, Wu Y, Samuels I, et al. Mouse and human phenotypes indicate a critical conserved role for ERK2 signaling in neural crest development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:17115-20 pubmed publisher..2 micro-deletion are explained by deficiencies in neural crest autonomous ERK2 signaling. ..
- Dennis J, Kurosaka H, Iulianella A, Pace J, Thomas N, Beckham S, et al. Mutations in Hedgehog acyltransferase (Hhat) perturb Hedgehog signaling, resulting in severe acrania-holoprosencephaly-agnathia craniofacial defects. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002927 pubmed publisher..Future genetic studies should include HHAT as a potential candidate in the etiology and pathogenesis of HPE and its associated disorders. ..
- Wurdak H, Ittner L, Lang K, Leveen P, Suter U, Fischer J, et al. Inactivation of TGFbeta signaling in neural crest stem cells leads to multiple defects reminiscent of DiGeorge syndrome. Genes Dev. 2005;19:530-5 pubmed..Thus, TGFbeta signal modulation in neural crest differentiation might play a crucial role in the etiology of DiGeorge syndrome. ..
- Han J, Ishii M, Bringas P, Maas R, Maxson R, Chai Y. Concerted action of Msx1 and Msx2 in regulating cranial neural crest cell differentiation during frontal bone development. Mech Dev. 2007;124:729-45 pubmed..This early function of the Msx genes is likely independent of the Bmp signaling pathway...
- Yoshida T, Vivatbutsiri P, Morriss Kay G, Saga Y, Iseki S. Cell lineage in mammalian craniofacial mesenchyme. Mech Dev. 2008;125:797-808 pubmed publisher..The results clearly demonstrated that the bone primordia extend vertically by intrinsic growth, without detectable recruitment of adjacent mesenchymal cells. ..
- Maden C, Gomes J, Schwarz Q, Davidson K, Tinker A, Ruhrberg C. NRP1 and NRP2 cooperate to regulate gangliogenesis, axon guidance and target innervation in the sympathetic nervous system. Dev Biol. 2012;369:277-85 pubmed publisher..We further show that abnormal sympathetic development in mice lacking NRP1 in the sympathetic lineage has functional consequences, as it causes sinus bradycardia, similar to mice lacking SEMA3A. ..
- Brugmann S, Allen N, James A, Mekonnen Z, Madan E, Helms J. A primary cilia-dependent etiology for midline facial disorders. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:1577-92 pubmed publisher..These data also raise the possibility that genes encoding ciliary proteins are candidates for human conditions of hypertelorism and FNDs...
- Luo W, Wickramasinghe S, Savitt J, Griffin J, Dawson T, Ginty D. A hierarchical NGF signaling cascade controls Ret-dependent and Ret-independent events during development of nonpeptidergic DRG neurons. Neuron. 2007;54:739-54 pubmed..These findings support a model in which NGF controls maturation of nonpeptidergic DRG neurons through a combination of GFR/Ret-dependent and -independent signaling pathways. ..
- Jeong J, Mao J, Tenzen T, Kottmann A, McMahon A. Hedgehog signaling in the neural crest cells regulates the patterning and growth of facial primordia. Genes Dev. 2004;18:937-51 pubmed..Further, our analysis of Shh-Fox gene regulatory interactions leads us to propose that Fox genes mediate the action of Shh in facial development. ..
- Bourane S, Garces A, Venteo S, Pattyn A, Hubert T, Fichard A, et al. Low-threshold mechanoreceptor subtypes selectively express MafA and are specified by Ret signaling. Neuron. 2009;64:857-70 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence that genetic interactions involving Ret and MafA progressively promote the differentiation and diversification of LTMs. ..
- Song Z, Liu C, Iwata J, Gu S, Suzuki A, Sun C, et al. Mice with Tak1 deficiency in neural crest lineage exhibit cleft palate associated with abnormal tongue development. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:10440-50 pubmed publisher..Tak1 thus functions to regulate tongue development by controlling Fgf10 expression and could represent a candidate gene for mutation in human PRS clefting...
- Klein O, Lyons D, Balooch G, Marshall G, Basson M, Peterka M, et al. An FGF signaling loop sustains the generation of differentiated progeny from stem cells in mouse incisors. Development. 2008;135:377-85 pubmed..These data reveal that the generation of differentiated progeny from a particular stem cell population can be differently regulated in the embryo and adult. ..
- Wu M, Li J, Engleka K, Zhou B, Lu M, Plotkin J, et al. Persistent expression of Pax3 in the neural crest causes cleft palate and defective osteogenesis in mice. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:2076-87 pubmed publisher..These studies provide in vivo evidence for the importance of Pax3 downregulation during differentiation of multipotent neural crest precursors and cranial development. ..
- Morikawa S, Mabuchi Y, Niibe K, Suzuki S, Nagoshi N, Sunabori T, et al. Development of mesenchymal stem cells partially originate from the neural crest. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;379:1114-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that MSCs in adult bone marrow have at least two developmental origins, one of which is the neural crest. ..
- Zhou J, Gao Y, Lan Y, Jia S, Jiang R. Pax9 regulates a molecular network involving Bmp4, Fgf10, Shh signaling and the Osr2 transcription factor to control palate morphogenesis. Development. 2013;140:4709-18 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that Pax9 regulates a molecular network involving the Bmp4, Fgf10, Shh and Osr2 pathways to control palatal shelf patterning and morphogenesis...
- Dudas M, Kim J, Li W, Nagy A, Larsson J, Karlsson S, et al. Epithelial and ectomesenchymal role of the type I TGF-beta receptor ALK5 during facial morphogenesis and palatal fusion. Dev Biol. 2006;296:298-314 pubmed
- Murray S, Oram K, Gridley T. Multiple functions of Snail family genes during palate development in mice. Development. 2007;134:1789-97 pubmed
- Hendershot T, Liu H, Clouthier D, Shepherd I, Coppola E, Studer M, et al. Conditional deletion of Hand2 reveals critical functions in neurogenesis and cell type-specific gene expression for development of neural crest-derived noradrenergic sympathetic ganglion neurons. Dev Biol. 2008;319:179-91 pubmed publisher..Hand2 has a pivotal function in a non-linear cross-regulatory network of DNA binding proteins that affect cell autonomous control of differentiation and cell type-specific gene expression. ..
- Foster K, Sheridan J, Veiga Fernandes H, Roderick K, Pachnis V, Adams R, et al. Contribution of neural crest-derived cells in the embryonic and adult thymus. J Immunol. 2008;180:3183-9 pubmed..In the adult organ at 3 mo of age, these NC-derived perivascular cells continue to be associated with the vasculature, providing structural support to the blood vessels and possibly regulating endothelial cell function. ..
- Tian H, Sanders E, Reynolds A, van Roy F, van Hengel J. Ocular anterior segment dysgenesis upon ablation of p120 catenin in neural crest cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:5139-53 pubmed publisher..We generated conditional p120ctn(fl/fl);Wnt1Cre knockout mice and studied the effect of this gene ablation on eye development in vivo...
- Minett M, Falk S, Santana Varela S, Bogdanov Y, Nassar M, Heegaard A, et al. Pain without nociceptors? Nav1.7-independent pain mechanisms. Cell Rep. 2014;6:301-12 pubmed publisher..8-positive nociceptors. Thus, similar pain phenotypes arise through distinct cellular and molecular mechanisms. Therefore, rational analgesic drug therapy requires patient stratification in terms of mechanisms and not just phenotype. ..
- Freem L, Escot S, Tannahill D, Druckenbrod N, Thapar N, Burns A. The intrinsic innervation of the lung is derived from neural crest cells as shown by optical projection tomography in Wnt1-Cre;YFP reporter mice. J Anat. 2010;217:651-64 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that intrinsic neurons of the mouse lung are derived from NCCs and that, although implicated in the development of these cells, the role of the RET signalling pathway requires further investigation. ..
- Wang J, Nagy A, Larsson J, Dudas M, Sucov H, Kaartinen V. Defective ALK5 signaling in the neural crest leads to increased postmigratory neural crest cell apoptosis and severe outflow tract defects. BMC Dev Biol. 2006;6:51 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that ALK5-mediated signaling in neural crest cells plays an essential cell-autonomous role in the pharyngeal and cardiac outflow tract development. ..
- Morikawa Y, D Autréaux F, Gershon M, Cserjesi P. Hand2 determines the noradrenergic phenotype in the mouse sympathetic nervous system. Dev Biol. 2007;307:114-26 pubmed..Our data suggest that the major role of Hand2 during SNS development is to permit sympathetic neurons to acquire a catecholaminergic phenotype. ..
- Joseph N, Mosher J, Buchstaller J, Snider P, McKeever P, Lim M, et al. The loss of Nf1 transiently promotes self-renewal but not tumorigenesis by neural crest stem cells. Cancer Cell. 2008;13:129-40 pubmed publisher..Tumors appeared to arise from differentiated glia, not NCSCs. ..
- Dudas M, Sridurongrit S, Nagy A, Okazaki K, Kaartinen V. Craniofacial defects in mice lacking BMP type I receptor Alk2 in neural crest cells. Mech Dev. 2004;121:173-82 pubmed..Based on the present results we conclude that signaling via Alk2 receptors is non-redundant and regulates normal development of a restricted set of structures derived from the cranial neural crest. ..
- Yumoto K, Thomas P, Lane J, Matsuzaki K, Inagaki M, Ninomiya Tsuji J, et al. TGF-?-activated kinase 1 (Tak1) mediates agonist-induced Smad activation and linker region phosphorylation in embryonic craniofacial neural crest-derived cells. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:13467-80 pubmed publisher..The role of Smad-independent TGF-? signaling in craniofacial development is poorly elucidated...
- Gage P, Qian M, Wu D, Rosenberg K. The canonical Wnt signaling antagonist DKK2 is an essential effector of PITX2 function during normal eye development. Dev Biol. 2008;317:310-24 pubmed publisher..We further propose a model placing PITX2 as an essential integration node between retinoic acid and canonical Wnt signaling during eye development. ..
- Lemos D, Paylor B, Chang C, Sampaio A, Underhill T, Rossi F. Functionally convergent white adipogenic progenitors of different lineages participate in a diffused system supporting tissue regeneration. Stem Cells. 2012;30:1152-62 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we propose that in the adult, ontogenetically distinct FAPs form a diffused system reminiscent of the endothelium, which can originate from multiple developmental intermediates to seed all anatomical locations. ..
- Funato N, Nakamura M, Richardson J, Srivastava D, Yanagisawa H. Tbx1 regulates oral epithelial adhesion and palatal development. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:2524-37 pubmed publisher..Our present study reveals new pathogenesis of incomplete and submucous cleft palate during mammalian palatogenesis. ..
- Grossmann K, Wende H, Paul F, Cheret C, Garratt A, Zurborg S, et al. The tyrosine phosphatase Shp2 (PTPN11) directs Neuregulin-1/ErbB signaling throughout Schwann cell development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:16704-9 pubmed publisher..Together, our genetic and biochemical analyses demonstrate that Shp2 is an essential component in the transduction of Nrg1/ErbB signals. ..
- Phillips H, Papoutsi T, Soenen H, Ybot Gonzalez P, Henderson D, Chaudhry B. Neural crest cell survival is dependent on Rho kinase and is required for development of the mid face in mouse embryos. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37685 pubmed publisher..We propose that reduced NCC numbers in the frontonasal processes and first pharyngeal arch, resulting from exacerbated cell death, may be the common mechanism underlying frontonasal dysplasia. ..
- Taylor M, Yeager K, Morrison S. Physiological Notch signaling promotes gliogenesis in the developing peripheral and central nervous systems. Development. 2007;134:2435-47 pubmed..These results demonstrate that physiological Notch signaling is required for gliogenesis in vivo, independent of the role of Notch in the maintenance of undifferentiated neural progenitors. ..
- Erickson C, Zaitoun I, Haberman K, Gosain A, Druckenbrod N, Epstein M. Sacral neural crest-derived cells enter the aganglionic colon of Ednrb-/- mice along extrinsic nerve fibers. J Comp Neurol. 2012;520:620-32 pubmed publisher..Extrinsic nerve fibers serve as a route of entry for both rodent and avian sacral crest into the hindgut. ..
- Santagati F, Minoux M, Ren S, Rijli F. Temporal requirement of Hoxa2 in cranial neural crest skeletal morphogenesis. Development. 2005;132:4927-36 pubmed..This study provides the first temporal inactivation of a vertebrate Hox gene and illustrates Hox requirement during late morphogenetic processes. ..
- Bruce K, Myers F, Mantouvalou E, Lefevre P, Greaves I, Bonifer C, et al. The replacement histone H2A.Z in a hyperacetylated form is a feature of active genes in the chicken. Nucleic Acids Res. 2005;33:5633-9 pubmed..Z is widespread throughout the interphase genome, at mitosis its acetylation is erased, the unmodified form remaining. Thus, although H2A.Z may operate as an epigenetic marker for active genes, its N-terminal acetylation does not. ..
- Minett M, Nassar M, Clark A, Passmore G, Dickenson A, Wang F, et al. Distinct Nav1.7-dependent pain sensations require different sets of sensory and sympathetic neurons. Nat Commun. 2012;3:791 pubmed publisher..These observations demonstrate an important role for Nav1.7 in sympathetic neurons in neuropathic pain, and provide possible insights into the mechanisms that underlie gain-of-function Nav1.7-dependent pain conditions. ..
- Beppu H, Malhotra R, Beppu Y, Lepore J, Parmacek M, Bloch K. BMP type II receptor regulates positioning of outflow tract and remodeling of atrioventricular cushion during cardiogenesis. Dev Biol. 2009;331:167-75 pubmed publisher..Moreover, mesenchymal BMPRII expression in the outflow tract cushion is required for proper positioning of the aorta. ..
- Farago A, Awatramani R, Dymecki S. Assembly of the brainstem cochlear nuclear complex is revealed by intersectional and subtractive genetic fate maps. Neuron. 2006;50:205-18 pubmed..Together, these findings provide new platforms for investigating the development and evolution of auditory and cerebellar systems. ..
- Randall V, McCue K, Roberts C, Kyriakopoulou V, Beddow S, Barrett A, et al. Great vessel development requires biallelic expression of Chd7 and Tbx1 in pharyngeal ectoderm in mice. J Clin Invest. 2009;119:3301-10 pubmed publisher..We could not rescue PAA morphogenesis by restoring neural crest Chd7 expression. Rather, biallelic expression of Chd7 and Tbx1 in the pharyngeal ectoderm was required for normal PAA development...
- Li L, Wang Y, Lin M, Yuan G, Yang G, Zheng Y, et al. Augmented BMPRIA-mediated BMP signaling in cranial neural crest lineage leads to cleft palate formation and delayed tooth differentiation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e66107 pubmed publisher..These data support the hypothesis that a finely tuned level of BMPRIa-mediated signaling is essential for normal palate and tooth development...
- Vincentz J, Barnes R, Rodgers R, Firulli B, Conway S, Firulli A. An absence of Twist1 results in aberrant cardiac neural crest morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2008;320:131-9 pubmed publisher..Within the Twist1(-/-) neural crest cell populations that do emigrate to the OFT, a Hand-expressing subpopulation displays defective maturation, tracking, and, presumably, cell-cell adhesion, further compromising cNCC morphogenesis. ..
- Sasaki T, Ito Y, Bringas P, Chou S, Urata M, Slavkin H, et al. TGFbeta-mediated FGF signaling is crucial for regulating cranial neural crest cell proliferation during frontal bone development. Development. 2006;133:371-81 pubmed
- Carpenter A, Rao S, Wells J, Campbell K, Lang R. Generation of mice with a conditional null allele for Wntless. Genesis. 2010;48:554-8 pubmed publisher..This Wls conditional null allele will be valuable in detecting novel Wnt functions in development and disease. ..