Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: H2-T18
Description: histocompatibility 2, T region locus 18
Alias: H-2T18, MumuTL, TLAg, Tla, H-2 class I histocompatibility antigen, TLA(B) alpha chain, histocompatibility 2, T region locus 18, MHC class I antigen, TL Ag
- Rodgers J, Mehta V, Cook R. Surface expression of beta 2-microglobulin-associated thymus-leukemia antigen is independent of TAP2. Eur J Immunol. 1995;25:1001-7 pubmed..A putative fourth TLa gene cloned from A.SL1 cells was expressed in RMA and RMA-S cells...
- Reckelhoff J, Butler P, Bond J, Beynon R, Passmore H. Mep-1, the gene regulating meprin activity, maps between Pgk-2 and Ce-2 on mouse chromosome 17. Immunogenetics. 1988;27:298-300 pubmed
- Eghtesady P, Brorson K, Cheroutre H, Tigelaar R, Hood L, Kronenberg M. Expression of mouse Tla region class I genes in tissues enriched for gamma delta cells. Immunogenetics. 1992;36:377-88 pubmedThe Tla region of the BALB/c mouse major histocompatibility complex contains at least 20 class I genes...
- Ha H, Howard C, Yeom Y, Abe K, Uehara H, Artzt K, et al. Several testis-expressed genes in the mouse t-complex have expression differences between wild-type and t-mutant mice. Dev Genet. 1991;12:318-32 pubmed..Interestingly, four Tctex genes show differences in the amount of transcript between wild-type and t-mutant testes. The chromosomal location and expression pattern imply that Tctex genes might be candidate genes for sterility or TRD. ..
- Weber D, Attinger A, Kemball C, Wigal J, Pohl J, Xiong Y, et al. Peptide-independent folding and CD8 alpha alpha binding by the nonclassical class I molecule, thymic leukemia antigen. J Immunol. 2002;169:5708-14 pubmed..Our results also show that CD8alphaalpha binding is not dependent on either TL-associated peptide or TL glycosylation. ..
- Goodenow R, McMillan M, Nicolson M, Sher B, Eakle K, Davidson N, et al. Identification of the class I genes of the mouse major histocompatibility complex by DNA-mediated gene transfer. Nature. 1982;300:231-7 pubmed..Alloantiserum prepared to one of the novel antigens was used to demonstrate the expression of the previously undetected antigen on spleen cells of various inbred, congeneic, and recombinant congeneic strains of mice. ..
- Gardner S, Mock B, Hilgers J, Huppi K, Roeder W. Mouse lymphotoxin and tumor necrosis factor: structural analysis of the cloned genes, physical linkage, and chromosomal position. J Immunol. 1987;139:476-83 pubmed..Comparison of the 5' flanking sequence of LT to a number of genes that are specifically expressed in activated T cells reveals a number of conserved sequences that may play a role in control of these genes. ..
- Gasser D, Yadvish K, Feinstein P, Passmore H. DNA polymorphisms defined by the Tu108 probe map to the Tla region of mouse chromosome 17. Biochem Genet. 1988;26:475-80 pubmed
- Gowdy K, Nugent J, Martinu T, Potts E, Snyder L, Foster W, et al. Protective role of T-bet and Th1 cytokines in pulmonary graft-versus-host disease and peribronchiolar fibrosis. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2012;46:249-56 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the interplay between local innate immunity and non-Th1 T cell subsets contribute to chronic pulmonary GVHD. ..
- Olivares Villagómez D, Mendez Fernandez Y, Parekh V, Lalani S, Vincent T, Cheroutre H, et al. Thymus leukemia antigen controls intraepithelial lymphocyte function and inflammatory bowel disease. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:17931-6 pubmed publisher..Also, TL deficiency accelerated colitis in a genetic model of inflammatory bowel disease. These findings reveal an important regulatory role of TL in controlling IEL function and intestinal inflammation. ..
- Potter T, Hogarth P, McKenzie I. Ly-15: a new murine lymphocyte alloantigenic locus. Transplantation. 1981;31:339-42 pubmed..1. A monoclonal antibody to the Ly-15.2 specificity is also described. The Ly-15 specificities were found on thymus, on lymph node and spleen cells, and on liver, but were absent from kidney, brain, and red blood cells. ..
- Nadeau J, Herrmann B, Bucan M, Burkart D, Crosby J, Erhart M, et al. Genetic maps of mouse chromosome 17 including 12 new anonymous DNA loci and 25 anchor loci. Genomics. 1991;9:78-89 pubmed
- Klein J, Benoist C, David C, Demant P, Lindahl K, Flaherty L, et al. Revised nomenclature of mouse H-2 genes. Immunogenetics. 1990;32:147-9 pubmed
- Kane M, Case L, Wang C, Yurkovetskiy L, Dikiy S, Golovkina T. Innate immune sensing of retroviral infection via Toll-like receptor 7 occurs upon viral entry. Immunity. 2011;35:135-45 pubmed publisher..Thus, efficient adaptive immunity to retroviruses is induced in vivo by innate sensing of the early stages of retroviral infection. ..
- Boyse E, Old L, Luell S. GENETIC DETERMINATION OF THE TL (THYMUSLEUKAEMIA) ANTIGEN IN THE MOUSE. Nature. 1964;201:779 pubmed
- Szymura J, Taylor B, Klein J. Upg-2: a urinary pepsinogen variant located on chromosome 1 of the mouse. Biochem Genet. 1982;20:1211-9 pubmed..Typing of recombinant inbred strains suggests that the location of the Upg-2 locus is on chromosome 1, in the vicinity of loci coding for other peptidases, namely, Pep-2 and Rnr, and of the Acf-1 locus. ..
- Walker M, Marandici A, Martin K, Monder C. Genetic control of corticosteroid side-chain isomerase activity in the mouse. Endocrinology. 1983;112:924-30 pubmed..It was concluded that the level of corticosteroid side-chain isomerase activity in mouse liver is controlled by a gene(s) in the region of the H-2 locus on chromosome 17. ..
- Yokoyama K, Stockert E, Pease L, Obata Y, Old L, Nathenson S. Polymorphism and diversity in the Tla gene system. Immunogenetics. 1983;18:445-51 pubmed..Taken together, the results of our analysis of the TL products suggest that Tla polymorphism is more extensive than previously thought; however, the structural diversity of the products is still ..
- Attinger A, Devine L, Wang Zhu Y, Martin D, Wang J, Reinherz E, et al. Molecular basis for the high affinity interaction between the thymic leukemia antigen and the CD8alphaalpha molecule. J Immunol. 2005;174:3501-7 pubmed..Therefore, we studied the molecular basis for TL Ag binding to CD8alphaalpha...
- Boyse E, Old L. A comment on the genetic data relating to expression of TL antigens. Transplantation. 1971;11:561-2 pubmed
- Gaskins H, Prochazka M, Nadeau J, Henson V, Leiter E. Localization of a mouse heat shock Hsp70 gene within the H-2 complex. Immunogenetics. 1990;32:286-9 pubmed
- Fisher D, Hunt S, Hood L. Structure of a gene encoding a murine thymus leukemia antigen, and organization of Tla genes in the BALB/c mouse. J Exp Med. 1985;162:528-45 pubmed..encoding a thymus leukemia (TL) antigen in the BALB/c mouse, and have more definitively mapped the cloned BALB/c Tla-region class I gene clusters...
- Olivares Villagómez D, Algood H, Singh K, Parekh V, Ryan K, Piazuelo M, et al. Intestinal epithelial cells modulate CD4 T cell responses via the thymus leukemia antigen. J Immunol. 2011;187:4051-60 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results provide evidence for an important interaction between IEC and CD4(+) T cells via TL, which modulates mucosal immune responses. ..
- Yamazaki K, Beauchamp G, Bard J, Thomas L, Boyse E. Chemosensory recognition of phenotypes determined by the Tla and H-2K regions of chromosome 17 of the mouse. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1982;79:7828-31 pubmed..It now is shown that genetic disparity confined to the Qa:Tla region of chromosome 17, adjacent to H-2, is accompanied by distinctive urinary scents that can be distinguished by ..
- Chorney M, Shen F, Tung J, Boyse E. Additional products of the Tla locus of the mouse. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1985;82:7044-7 pubmed..With the exception of Tlaa, all Tla alleles (Tlab-f) yielded TL products of higher molecular weight than the accompanying H chain, although in the case ..
- Eicher E, Cherry M, Flaherty L. Autosomal phosphoglycerate kinase linked to mouse major histocompatibility complex. Mol Gen Genet. 1978;158:225-8 pubmed..The Pgk-2 strain distribution pattern for 103 inbred and congenic strains of mice is given. Because Pgk-2 is polymorphic among inbred strains, it should be of value in linkage studies. ..
- Landel C, Stabley D, Bundesen L. PCR identification of class I major histocompatibility complex genes transcribed in mouse blastocyst and placenta. J Reprod Immunol. 1997;33:31-43 pubmed..We postulate that some members of this spectrum of blastocyst and placentally-expressed MHC class Ib genes may act together at the maternal-fetal interface in ways that are important for a successful pregnancy. ..
- Hammerling G, Hammerling U, Flaherty L. Qat-4 and Qat-5, new murine T-cell antigens governed by the Tla region and identified by monoclonal antibodies. J Exp Med. 1979;150:108-16 pubmed..These findings illustrate the complexity of the chromosome segment between the H-2D and Tla loci and they emphasize the role of major histocompatibility complex-associated genes for the differentiation of T ..
- Santos J, Pellicer A. Novel RFLPs at protooncogene and cancer-related gene loci on mouse chromosomes. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1993;62:217-9 pubmed..m. poschiavinus, and M. spretus. Polymorphic DNA fragments for the 18 DNA probes have been identified using Southern blot hybridization and restriction fragment length polymorphism (RFLP) analysis. ..
- Pontarotti P, Mashimo H, Zeff R, Fisher D, Hood L, Mellor A, et al. Conservation and diversity in the class I genes of the major histocompatibility complex: sequence analysis of a Tlab gene and comparison with a Tlac gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1986;83:1782-6 pubmedThe thymus leukemia (TL) antigens, encoded by class I genes in the Tla subregion of the major histocompatibility complex (MHC), are cell surface molecules expressed on thymocytes of certain strains of mice and on certain T-cell leukemias...
- Dolby N, Mehta V, Cook R. Regulation of expression of TL genes of the mouse Mhc. Immunogenetics. 1990;32:380-8 pubmed..Cell surface forms of TL were detectable by immunoprecipitation on activated peripheral T cells from Tla haplotypes except Tla(b), in agreement with expression observed on thymocytes...
- Uehara H, Ebersole T, Bennett D, Artzt K. Submegabase clusters of unstable tandem repeats unique to the Tla region of mouse t haplotypes. Genetics. 1990;126:1093-102 pubmed..8 and 5.8 kb in length. The TSEs exist as submegabase-long clusters of tandem repeats localized in the Tla region of the major histocompatibility complex of all t haplotype chromosomes examined...
- Schmitt J, Roderfeld M, Sabrane K, Zhang P, Tian Y, Mertens J, et al. Complement factor C5 deficiency significantly delays the progression of biliary fibrosis in bile duct-ligated mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;418:445-50 pubmed publisher..C5 appears to be an attractive target for future therapeutic intervention in chronic cholestatic liver disease. ..
- Davis B, Cook R, Rich R, Rodgers J. Hyperconservation of the putative antigen recognition site of the MHC class I-b molecule TL in the subfamily Murinae: evidence that thymus leukemia antigen is an ancient mammalian gene. J Immunol. 2002;169:6890-9 pubmed..Our results strengthen the hypotheses that TL has evolved a specialized function and represents an ancient MHC class I-b gene. ..
- Meruelo D, Kornreich R, Rossomando A, Pampeno C, Mellor A, Weiss E, et al. Murine leukemia virus sequences are encoded in the murine major histocompatibility complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1984;81:1804-8 pubmed..Rather, the viral sequences detected appear to be linked to or inserted amid class I genes. These findings may be significant in understanding molecular mechanisms involved in the generation of H-2 class I gene diversity. ..
- Brorson K, Richards S, Hunt S, Cheroutre H, Lindahl K, Hood L. Analysis of a new class I gene mapping to the Hmt region of the mouse. Immunogenetics. 1989;30:273-83 pubmed..However, unlike the classical class I genes, the Thy19.4 gene maps approximately 1 cm distal to the Tla region of the MHC, in the same region as the gene encoding the Hmt element of the maternally transmitted antigen.
- Michaelson J, Boyse E, Ciccia L, Flaherty L, Fleissner E, Garnick E, et al. Biochemical genetics of TL antigens. Immunogenetics. 1986;24:103-14 pubmedTL antigens are class I glycoproteins which are expressed on thymocytes and which are coded by the Tla region of the major histocompatibility complex of the mouse...
- Bode J, Dutow P, Sommer K, Janik K, Glage S, Tummler B, et al. A new role of the complement system: C3 provides protection in a mouse model of lung infection with intracellular Chlamydia psittaci. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50327 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates for the first time a strong and complex influence of complement effector functions, downstream of C3 and upstream of C5, on the outcome of an infection with intracellular bacteria, such as C. psittaci. ..