Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: H2-M3
Description: histocompatibility 2, M region locus 3
Alias: H-2M3, Hmt, M3a, MuprM3, MuprM301, MuprM302, R4B2, histocompatibility 2, M region locus 3, MHC class I-b antigen M3
- Richards S, Bucan M, Brorson K, Kiefer M, Hunt S, Lehrach H, et al. Genetic and molecular mapping of the Hmt region of mouse. EMBO J. 1989;8:3749-57 pubmed..A novel MHC class I gene fragment, R4B2, was cloned and mapped to this region as was another new class I gene, Thy19.4...
- Cho H, Bediako Y, Xu H, Choi H, Wang C. Positive selecting cell type determines the phenotype of MHC class Ib-restricted CD8+ T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:13241-6 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that these two distinct populations may allow MHC class Ib-restricted CD8(+) T cells to occupy different immunological niches playing unique roles in immune responses to infection. ..
- Braud V, Allan D, McMichael A. Functions of nonclassical MHC and non-MHC-encoded class I molecules. Curr Opin Immunol. 1999;11:100-8 pubmed
- Lamp K, Humeny A, Nikolic Z, Imai K, Adamski J, Schiebel K, et al. The murine GABA(B) receptor 1: cDNA cloning, tissue distribution, structure of the Gabbr1 gene, and mapping to chromosome 17. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2001;92:116-21 pubmed..Radiation hybrid mapping, combined with database searches, indicated that the GABA(B) receptor gene (Gabbr1) is located on mouse chromosome 17, adjacent to the marker D17Mit24 in a region homologous to human chromosome 6p21.3. ..
- Cho H, Choi H, Xu H, Felio K, Wang C. Nonconventional CD8+ T cell responses to Listeria infection in mice lacking MHC class Ia and H2-M3. J Immunol. 2011;186:489-98 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that other MHC class Ib-restricted CD8(+) T cells, in addition to H2-M3-restricted T cells, contribute to antilisterial immunity and may contribute to immune responses against other intracellular bacteria. ..
- D Orazio S, Shaw C, Starnbach M. H2-M3-restricted CD8+ T cells are not required for MHC class Ib-restricted immunity against Listeria monocytogenes. J Exp Med. 2006;203:383-91 pubmed..These data suggest that M3-restricted T cells are not required for protection against L. monocytogenes and underscore the importance of searching for new antigen-presenting molecules among the large MHC-Ib family of proteins. ..
- Johnson L, Weizman O, Rapp M, Way S, Sun J. Epitope-Specific Vaccination Limits Clonal Expansion of Heterologous Naive T Cells during Viral Challenge. Cell Rep. 2016;17:636-644 pubmed publisher..These findings have important implications in pathogen vaccination strategies that depend on the targeting of multiple T cell epitopes. ..
- Hughes A, Yeager M, Ten Elshof A, Chorney M. A new taxonomy of mammalian MHC class I molecules. Immunol Today. 1999;20:22-6 pubmed
- Brorson K, Richards S, Hunt S, Cheroutre H, Lindahl K, Hood L. Analysis of a new class I gene mapping to the Hmt region of the mouse. Immunogenetics. 1989;30:273-83 pubmed..However, unlike the classical class I genes, the Thy19.4 gene maps approximately 1 cm distal to the Tla region of the MHC, in the same region as the gene encoding the Hmt element of the maternally transmitted antigen.
- Ito K, van Kaer L, Bonneville M, Hsu S, Murphy D, Tonegawa S. Recognition of the product of a novel MHC TL region gene (27b) by a mouse gamma delta T cell receptor. Cell. 1990;62:549-61 pubmed..We propose that gamma delta TCR and nonclassical MHC and MHC-related class I molecules have coevolved to recognize a conserved set of endogenous and foreign determinants. ..
- Pham Dinh D, Mattei M, Nussbaum J, Roussel G, Pontarotti P, Roeckel N, et al. Myelin/oligodendrocyte glycoprotein is a member of a subset of the immunoglobulin superfamily encoded within the major histocompatibility complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:7990-4 pubmed..We colocalized the MOG and BT genes to the human MHC on chromosome 6p21.3-p22. The mouse MOG gene was mapped to the homologous band C of chromosome 17, within the M region of the mouse MHC. ..
- Wang C, Lambracht D, Wonigeit K, Howard J, Lindahl K. Rat RT1 orthologs of mouse H2-M class Ib genes. Immunogenetics. 1995;42:63-7 pubmed
- Lindahl K, Hausmann B, Robinson P, Guenet J, Wharton D, Winking H. Mta, the maternally transmitted antigen, is determined jointly by the chromosomal Hmt and the extrachromosomal Mtf genes. J Exp Med. 1986;163:334-46 pubmed..appropriate crosses with inbred mice showed that the spretus form of Mta is determined by a new allele, c, of the Hmt gene. The Hmtc allele has been isolated in coupling with four different H-2 haplotypes...
- Doyle C, Davis B, Cook R, Rich R, Rodgers J. Hyperconservation of the N-formyl peptide binding site of M3: evidence that M3 is an old eutherian molecule with conserved recognition of a pathogen-associated molecular pattern. J Immunol. 2003;171:836-44 pubmed..Such MHC PRR molecules could have been preadaptations for the evolution of acquired immunity during the early vertebrate radiation. ..
- Chow M, Dhanji S, Cross J, Johnson P, Teh H. H2-M3-restricted T cells participate in the priming of antigen-specific CD4+ T cells. J Immunol. 2006;177:5098-104 pubmed..These results reveal a novel function for H2-M3- and Qa-1-restricted T cells; provision of help to CD4+ Th cells during the primary response. ..
- Tvinnereim A, Wizel B. CD8+ T cell protective immunity against Chlamydia pneumoniae includes an H2-M3-restricted response that is largely CD4+ T cell-independent. J Immunol. 2007;179:3947-57 pubmed..These results suggest that H2-M3-restricted CD8+ T cells contribute to protective immunity against Cpn, and that chlamydial Ags presented by MHC class Ib molecules may represent novel targets for inclusion in anti-Cpn vaccines. ..
- Chow M, Teh H. H2-M3-restricted CD8+ T cells augment CD4+ T-cell responses by promoting DC maturation. Eur J Immunol. 2010;40:1408-17 pubmed publisher..This study indicates that H2-M3-restricted T cells promote immune responses by CD4+ T cells by inducing DC maturation and suggests novel mechanisms for vaccine development. ..
- Rodgers J, Smith R, Huston M, Rich R. Maternally transmitted antigen. Adv Immunol. 1986;38:313-59 pubmed
- Martínez Naves E, Lafuente E, Reche P. Recognition of the ligand-type specificity of classical and non-classical MHC I proteins. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:3478-84 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we applied these classifiers to human and mouse MHC I proteins of uncharacterized ligands, obtaining some results that can be instrumental to unravel the function of these proteins. ..
- Chen L, Jay D, Fairbanks J, He X, Jensen P. An MHC class Ib-restricted CD8+ T cell response to lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus. J Immunol. 2011;187:6463-72 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that class Ib-restricted CD8(+) T cells have the potential to participate in the host immune response to LCMV. ..
- Gunther E, Walter L. Comparative genomic aspects of rat, mouse and human MHC class I gene regions. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 2000;91:107-12 pubmed..In this review a particular aspect of the genomic structure of the major histocompatibility complex (MHC), the organization of MHC class I regions, will be discussed for the rat in comparison to mouse and human. ..
- Jones E, Xiao H, Schultz R, Flaherty L, Trachtulec Z, Vincek V, et al. MHC class I gene organization in > 1.5-Mb YAC contigs from the H2-M region. Genomics. 1995;27:40-51 pubmed
- Liu J, Shen Y, Li M, Lv D, Zhang A, Peng Y, et al. Spatial-Temporal Expression of Non-classical MHC Class I Molecules in the C57 Mouse Brain. Neurochem Res. 2015;40:1487-96 pubmed publisher..The elucidation and discovery of the expression profile of MHC class I molecules during development is important for supporting an enhanced understanding of their physiological and potential pathological roles within the CNS. ..