Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: H2-K1
Description: histocompatibility 2, K1, K region
Alias: H-2K, H-2K(d), H2-K, H-2 class I histocompatibility antigen, K-W28 alpha chain, H-2 class I histocompatibility antigen, K-B alpha chain, H-2 class I histocompatibility antigen, K-D alpha chain, H-2 class I histocompatibility antigen, K-K alpha chain, H-2 class I histocompatibility antigen, K-Q alpha chain, H-2K(B), H-2K(K), H-2K(Q), MHC H2-K transplantation antigen, MHC class I H2-K-b-alpha-2 cell surface glycoprotein, MHC class I antigen, MHC class I heavy chain H2-K, class I major histocompatibility antigen H-2Kd
- Brodin P, Lakshmikanth T, Johansson S, Kärre K, Höglund P. The strength of inhibitory input during education quantitatively tunes the functional responsiveness of individual natural killer cells. Blood. 2009;113:2434-41 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that the capacity of an individual NK cell to respond to stimulation is quantitatively controlled by the extent of inhibitory signals that are received from MHC class I molecules during NK-cell education. ..
- Perarnau B, Saron M, Reina San Martin B, Bervas N, Ong H, Soloski M, et al. Single H2Kb, H2Db and double H2KbDb knockout mice: peripheral CD8+ T cell repertoire and anti-lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus cytolytic responses. Eur J Immunol. 1999;29:1243-52 pubmed..Mice expressing a restricted set of histocompatibility class I molecules should represent useful tools to evaluate the immunological potentials of individual MHC class I molecules. ..
- Kern P, Teng M, Smolyar A, Liu J, Liu J, Hussey R, et al. Structural basis of CD8 coreceptor function revealed by crystallographic analysis of a murine CD8alphaalpha ectodomain fragment in complex with H-2Kb. Immunity. 1998;9:519-30 pubmed
- Pascolo S, Bervas N, Ure J, Smith A, Lemonnier F, Perarnau B. HLA-A2.1-restricted education and cytolytic activity of CD8(+) T lymphocytes from beta2 microglobulin (beta2m) HLA-A2.1 monochain transgenic H-2Db beta2m double knockout mice. J Exp Med. 1997;185:2043-51 pubmed..1-restricted immunodominant epitope in humans. Such mice might constitute a versatile animal model for the study of HLA-A2.1-restricted CTL responses of vaccine interest. ..
- Murali Krishna K, Lau L, Sambhara S, Lemonnier F, Altman J, Ahmed R. Persistence of memory CD8 T cells in MHC class I-deficient mice. Science. 1999;286:1377-81 pubmed..Thus, after naïve CD8 T cells differentiate into memory cells, they evolve an MHC class I-independent "life-style" and do not require further stimulation with specific or cross-reactive antigen for their maintenance. ..
- Cho H, Choi H, Xu H, Felio K, Wang C. Nonconventional CD8+ T cell responses to Listeria infection in mice lacking MHC class Ia and H2-M3. J Immunol. 2011;186:489-98 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that other MHC class Ib-restricted CD8(+) T cells, in addition to H2-M3-restricted T cells, contribute to antilisterial immunity and may contribute to immune responses against other intracellular bacteria. ..
- Johansson S, Johansson M, Rosmaraki E, Vahlne G, Mehr R, Salmon Divon M, et al. Natural killer cell education in mice with single or multiple major histocompatibility complex class I molecules. J Exp Med. 2005;201:1145-55 pubmed
- Carlyle J, Jamieson A, Gasser S, Clingan C, Arase H, Raulet D. Missing self-recognition of Ocil/Clr-b by inhibitory NKR-P1 natural killer cell receptors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:3527-32 pubmed..Remarkably, Ocil/Clr-b is frequently down-regulated on mouse tumor cell lines, indicating a role for this receptor-ligand system in a new form of "missing self-recognition" of tumor cells. ..
- Vugmeyster Y, Glas R, Perarnau B, Lemonnier F, Eisen H, Ploegh H. Major histocompatibility complex (MHC) class I KbDb -/- deficient mice possess functional CD8+ T cells and natural killer cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:12492-7 pubmed..KbDb -/- animals also have natural killer cells that retain their cytotoxic potential. ..
- Blanchard N, Kanaseki T, Escobar H, Delebecque F, Nagarajan N, Reyes Vargas E, et al. Endoplasmic reticulum aminopeptidase associated with antigen processing defines the composition and structure of MHC class I peptide repertoire in normal and virus-infected cells. J Immunol. 2010;184:3033-42 pubmed publisher..Thus, the characteristic length, as well as the composition of MHC-I peptide cargo, is determined not only by the MHC-I peptide-binding groove but also by ERAAP proteolysis in the endoplasmic reticulum. ..
- Seaman M, Wang C, Forman J. MHC class Ib-restricted CTL provide protection against primary and secondary Listeria monocytogenes infection. J Immunol. 2000;165:5192-201 pubmed..Together, these data demonstrate that class Ib-restricted CTL play an important role in clearing a primary LM infection and generate a memory population capable of providing significant protection against subsequent infection. ..
- Adelson J, Barreto G, Xu L, Kim T, Brott B, Ouyang Y, et al. Neuroprotection from stroke in the absence of MHCI or PirB. Neuron. 2012;73:1100-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, molecules that function in the immune system act not only to limit synaptic plasticity in healthy neurons, but also to exacerbate brain injury after ischemia. These results suggest therapies for stroke by targeting MHCI and PirB. ..
- Hammer G, Gonzalez F, James E, Nolla H, Shastri N. In the absence of aminopeptidase ERAAP, MHC class I molecules present many unstable and highly immunogenic peptides. Nat Immunol. 2007;8:101-8 pubmed..Thus, ERAAP is a 'quintessential editor' of the peptide-MHC repertoire and, paradoxically, its absence enhances immunogenicity. ..
- Hasenkrug K, Nathenson S. Nucleic acid sequences of the H-2Ks and H-2Ksm1 genes. Immunogenetics. 1991;34:60-1 pubmed
- Tang X, Wan Y, Chen L, Chen T, Yu S, Xiong Z, et al. H-2Kb-restricted CTL epitopes from mouse heparanase elicit an antitumor immune response in vivo. Cancer Res. 2008;68:1529-37 pubmed publisher..These epitopes may serve as valuable tools for the preclinical evaluation of vaccination strategies. ..
- Das G, Das J, Eynott P, Zhang Y, Bothwell A, Van Kaer L, et al. Pivotal roles of CD8+ T cells restricted by MHC class I-like molecules in autoimmune diseases. J Exp Med. 2006;203:2603-11 pubmed..These findings provide direct evidence that CD8+ ILLs are sufficient to initiate and mediate autoimmune diseases. ..
- Robinson R, Germain R, McKean D, Mescher M, Seidman J. Extensive polymorphism surrounding the murine Ia A beta chain gene. J Immunol. 1983;131:2025-31 pubmed..We postulate that the mechanism which generates polymorphic variation of the A beta chain may be involved in generating the restriction site polymorphism within or near the A beta chain gene. ..
- Naeher D, Daniels M, Hausmann B, Guillaume P, Luescher I, Palmer E. A constant affinity threshold for T cell tolerance. J Exp Med. 2007;204:2553-9 pubmed..The affinity threshold for self-tolerance appears to be a constant for cytotoxic T lymphocytes. ..
- Acton R, Blankenhorn E, Douglas T, Owen R, Hilgers J, Hoffman H, et al. Variations among sublines of inbred AKR mice. Nat New Biol. 1973;245:8-10 pubmed
- Jayawardena Wolf J, Benlagha K, Chiu Y, Mehr R, Bendelac A. CD1d endosomal trafficking is independently regulated by an intrinsic CD1d-encoded tyrosine motif and by the invariant chain. Immunity. 2001;15:897-908 pubmed..These results reveal the complexity of CD1d trafficking and suggest that the invariant chain was a component of ancestral antigen presentation pathways prior to the evolution of MHC and CD1. ..
- Rafei M, Hardy M, Williams P, Vanegas J, Forner K, Dulude G, et al. Development and function of innate polyclonal TCRalphabeta+ CD8+ thymocytes. J Immunol. 2011;187:3133-44 pubmed publisher..We concluded that innate TCR??(+) CD8 T cells represent a sizeable proportion of normal thymocytes whose development and function differ in many ways from those of conventional CD8 T cells. ..
- Quigley M, Greenaway H, Venturi V, Lindsay R, Quinn K, Seder R, et al. Convergent recombination shapes the clonotypic landscape of the naive T-cell repertoire. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:19414-9 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a framework for understanding the early mobilization of public CD8(+) T-cell clonotypes, which can exert profound biological effects during acute infectious processes. ..
- Ark B, Gummere G, Bennett D, Artzt K. Mapping of the Pim-1 oncogene in mouse t-haplotypes and its use to define the relative map positions of the tcl loci t0(t6) and tw12 and the marker tf (tufted). Genomics. 1991;10:385-9 pubmed..The mapping of two allelic t-lethals, t0 and t6 with respect to tw12 and tf has also been a problem.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Cardoso E, Macedo M, Rohrlich P, Ribeiro E, Silva M, Lemonnier F, et al. Increased hepatic iron in mice lacking classical MHC class I molecules. Blood. 2002;100:4239-41 pubmed..These results demonstrate for the first time that classical MHC-I molecules could be involved in the regulation of iron metabolism and contribute to the established genotype/phenotype discrepancies seen in HH. ..
- Messaoudi I, Warner J, Nikolich Zugich D, Fischer M, Nikolich Zugich J. Molecular, cellular, and antigen requirements for development of age-associated T cell clonal expansions in vivo. J Immunol. 2006;176:301-8 pubmed
- Azoulay Cayla A, Dethlefs S, Perarnau B, Larsson Sciard E, Lemonnier F, Brahic M, et al. H-2D(b-/-) mice are susceptible to persistent infection by Theiler's virus. J Virol. 2000;74:5470-6 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the H-2D(b) and H-2K(b) genes play nonredundant roles in the resistance to this persistent infection. ..
- Huang H, Hao S, Li F, Ye Z, Yang J, Xiang J. CD4+ Th1 cells promote CD8+ Tc1 cell survival, memory response, tumor localization and therapy by targeted delivery of interleukin 2 via acquired pMHC I complexes. Immunology. 2007;120:148-59 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results will have important implications for designing adoptive T-cell immunotherapy protocols in treatment of solid tumors. ..
- Das G, Janeway C. Development of CD8alpha/alpha and CD8alpha/beta T cells in major histocompatibility complex class I-deficient mice. J Exp Med. 1999;190:881-4 pubmed..In beta2-microglobulin (beta2m)-deficient mice, all of the TCR-alpha/beta CD8alpha/alpha and CD8alpha/beta T cells disappear, but TCR-gamma/delta cells are unaffected by the absence of beta2m. ..
- Rinchik E, Amos D. Genetic analysis of the T-H-2 region in non-t chromosomes. I. Two new congenic strains isolate Qglo-1 from H-2. Immunogenetics. 1983;17:445-55 pubmed..However, neither new strain is able to map any H-2-associated restriction fragment length polymorphism with an H-2 cDNA probe even though both strains are recombinant in the 2 cM Qglo-1-H-2K interval. ..
- Tvinnereim A, Wizel B. CD8+ T cell protective immunity against Chlamydia pneumoniae includes an H2-M3-restricted response that is largely CD4+ T cell-independent. J Immunol. 2007;179:3947-57 pubmed..These results suggest that H2-M3-restricted CD8+ T cells contribute to protective immunity against Cpn, and that chlamydial Ags presented by MHC class Ib molecules may represent novel targets for inclusion in anti-Cpn vaccines. ..
- Ford M, Young K, Zhang Z, Ohashi P, Zhang L. The immune regulatory function of lymphoproliferative double negative T cells in vitro and in vivo. J Exp Med. 2002;196:261-7 pubmed..These findings clearly demonstrate that B6/lpr DNTC have a potent immune regulatory function in vitro and in vivo. They also provide new insights into the mechanisms involved in the development of autoimmune disease in lpr mice...
- Liu J, Shen Y, Li M, Shi Q, Zhang A, Miao F, et al. The expression pattern of classical MHC class I molecules in the development of mouse central nervous system. Neurochem Res. 2013;38:290-9 pubmed publisher..The investigation of the expression pattern of H-2D(b) at both embryonic and postnatal stages is important for further understanding the physiological and pathological roles of H2-D(b) in the developing CNS. ..
- Spiliotis E, Pentcheva T, Edidin M. Probing for membrane domains in the endoplasmic reticulum: retention and degradation of unassembled MHC class I molecules. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:1566-81 pubmed..Microtubules were required for its appearance. Segregation of unfolded proteins, ER-resident chaperones, and COPII may be a temporal adaptation to cell stress. ..
- Zhang M, Joseph B, Gupta S, Guest I, Xu M, Sell S, et al. Embryonic mouse STO cell-derived xenografts express hepatocytic functions in the livers of nonimmunosuppressed adult rats. Stem Cells. 2005;23:186-99 pubmed
- Zheng J, Natsuume Sakai S, Takahashi M, Nonaka M. Insertion of the B2 sequence into intron 13 is the only defect of the H-2k C4 gene which causes low C4 production. Nucleic Acids Res. 1992;20:4975-9 pubmed..These results demonstrated that the insertion of B2 sequence into intron 13 of the C4 gene is the only determinant of low C4 production by H-2k mice through aberrant RNA processing. ..
- Rohrlich P, Cardinaud S, Firat H, Lamari M, Briand P, Escriou N, et al. HLA-B*0702 transgenic, H-2KbDb double-knockout mice: phenotypical and functional characterization in response to influenza virus. Int Immunol. 2003;15:765-72 pubmed..These animals may prove a suitable model to study HLA-B0702-restricted CTL responses. ..
- Yeom Y, Abe K, Artzt K. Evolution of the mouse H-2K region: a hot spot of mutation associated with genes transcribed in embryos and/or germ cells. Genetics. 1992;130:629-38 pubmed..This is in apparent contradiction to the current view that the MHC loci have evolved at the same rate as other loci. The implications for the evolution of the H-2K gene are discussed. ..
- Lalanne J, Transy C, Guerin S, Darche S, Meulien P, Kourilsky P. Expression of class I genes in the major histocompatibility complex: identification of eight distinct mRNAs in DBA/2 mouse liver. Cell. 1985;41:469-78 pubmed..Altogether, liver cells may express at least eight distinct class I polypeptides, of which three might be secreted, while one may be a new presumptive nonpolymorphic surface antigen. ..
- Tilloy F, Treiner E, Park S, Garcia C, Lemonnier F, De La Salle H, et al. An invariant T cell receptor alpha chain defines a novel TAP-independent major histocompatibility complex class Ib-restricted alpha/beta T cell subpopulation in mammals. J Exp Med. 1999;189:1907-21 pubmed..The conservation between mammalian species, the abundance, and the unique selection pattern suggest an important role for cells using this novel canonical TCR alpha chain. ..
- Takada K, Jameson S. Self-class I MHC molecules support survival of naive CD8 T cells, but depress their functional sensitivity through regulation of CD8 expression levels. J Exp Med. 2009;206:2253-69 pubmed publisher..Hence, our data suggest that, in a nonlymphopenic setting, self-class I MHC molecules support CD8 T cell survival, but that these interactions also attenuate naive T cell sensitivity by dynamic tuning of CD8 levels. ..
- Christen U, Edelmann K, McGavern D, Wolfe T, Coon B, Teague M, et al. A viral epitope that mimics a self antigen can accelerate but not initiate autoimmune diabetes. J Clin Invest. 2004;114:1290-8 pubmed..Sequential heterologous viral infections might therefore act in concert to precipitate clinical autoimmune disease, even if single exposure to a viral mimic does not always cause sufficient tissue destruction. ..
- Schildberg F, Hegenbarth S, Schumak B, Scholz K, Limmer A, Knolle P. Liver sinusoidal endothelial cells veto CD8 T cell activation by antigen-presenting dendritic cells. Eur J Immunol. 2008;38:957-67 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results reveal a novel principle operative in hepatic tolerance induction, in which LSEC not only tolerize T cells themselves but also suppress neighboring APC normally capable of inducing T cell immunity. ..
- King T, Dove W, Herrmann B, Moser A, Shedlovsky A. Mapping to molecular resolution in the T to H-2 region of the mouse genome with a nested set of meiotic recombinants. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:222-6 pubmed..With the nested set of crossover DNA samples and appropriate cloning techniques, this tightly linked marker can be used to clone the quaking locus. ..
- Brodin P, Lakshmikanth T, Mehr R, Johansson M, Duru A, Achour A, et al. Natural killer cell tolerance persists despite significant reduction of self MHC class I on normal target cells in mice. PLoS ONE. 2010;5: pubmed publisher..We speculate that the reason for this is to maintain a safety margin for otherwise normal, autologous cells over a range of MHC class I expression levels, in order to ensure robustness in NK cell tolerance. ..
- Yoshino M, Sagai T, Moriwaki K, Shiroishi T. Meiotic recombination at the Lmp2 hotspot tolerates minor sequence divergence between homologous chromosomes. Immunogenetics. 1996;43:80-2 pubmed
- McConnell M, Huang Y, Datwani A, Shatz C. H2-K(b) and H2-D(b) regulate cerebellar long-term depression and limit motor learning. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:6784-9 pubmed publisher..These physiological and behavioral phenotypes in K(b)D(b-/-) mice reveal a surprising role for classical MHCI molecules in synaptic plasticity and motor learning. ..
- Zerrahn J, Volkmann A, Coles M, Held W, Lemonnier F, Raulet D. Class I MHC molecules on hematopoietic cells can support intrathymic positive selection of T cell receptor transgenic T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:11470-5 pubmed..The possibility that hematopoietic cell-induced, positive selection occurs only with TCRs that exhibit relatively high avidity interactions with selecting ligands in the thymus is discussed. ..
- Wong F, Moustakas A, Wen L, Papadopoulos G, Janeway C. Analysis of structure and function relationships of an autoantigenic peptide of insulin bound to H-2K(d) that stimulates CD8 T cells in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:5551-6 pubmed
- Gregorova S, Mnuková Fajdelová M, Trachtulec Z, Capkova J, Loudova M, Hoglund M, et al. Sub-milliMorgan map of the proximal part of mouse Chromosome 17 including the hybrid sterility 1 gene. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:107-13 pubmed..The submilliMorgan map of the T-H2 region revealed significant clustering of (CA)n loci. The clustering, if shown to be a common feature in the mouse genome, may cause gaps in the physical map of the mouse genome. ..
- Reed Loisel L, Sullivan B, Laur O, Jensen P. An MHC class Ib-restricted TCR that cross-reacts with an MHC class Ia molecule. J Immunol. 2005;174:7746-52 pubmed..Our results provide a clear example of a Qa-1-specific TCR that can cross-react with a class Ia molecule and evidence supporting the idea that this may be a common property of T cells selected by class Ib molecules. ..
- Maurice M, Gould D, Carroll J, Vugmeyster Y, Ploegh H. Positive selection of an MHC class-I restricted TCR in the absence of classical MHC class I molecules. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:7437-42 pubmed
- Fremont D, Matsumura M, Stura E, Peterson P, Wilson I. Crystal structures of two viral peptides in complex with murine MHC class I H-2Kb. Science. 1992;257:919-27 pubmed..Small but significant conformational changes in H-2Kb are associated with peptide binding, and these synergistic movements may be an integral part of the T cell receptor recognition process. ..
- Nguyen Vu T, Zhao G, Lahiri S, Kimpo R, Lee H, Ganguli S, et al. A saturation hypothesis to explain both enhanced and impaired learning with enhanced plasticity. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Overall, our results suggest that the recent history of activity and the threshold for synaptic plasticity conspire to effect divergent learning outcomes. ..
- Cami B, Bregegere F, Abastado J, Kourilsky P. Multiple sequences related to classical histocompatibility antigens in the mouse genome. Nature. 1981;291:673-5 pubmed
- Steinmetz M, Frelinger J, Fisher D, Hunkapiller T, Pereira D, Weissman S, et al. Three cDNA clones encoding mouse transplantation antigens: homology to immunoglobulin genes. Cell. 1981;24:125-34 pubmed..Accordingly, the genes encoding the transplantation antigens appear to constitute a multigene family with similar gene numbers in different mice. ..
- Speir J, Abdel Motal U, Jondal M, Wilson I. Crystal structure of an MHC class I presented glycopeptide that generates carbohydrate-specific CTL. Immunity. 1999;10:51-61 pubmed..These features of the Kb/RGY8-6H-Gal2 structure are consistent with the individual ligand binding preferences identified for the alpha/beta and gamma/delta TCRs and thus explain the generation of a carbohydrate-specific T cell response. ..
- Hughes A, Yeager M, Ten Elshof A, Chorney M. A new taxonomy of mammalian MHC class I molecules. Immunol Today. 1999;20:22-6 pubmed
- Hart G, Flaishon L, Becker Herman S, Shachar I. Tight regulation of IFN-gamma transcription and secretion in immature and mature B cells by the inhibitory MHC class I receptor, Ly49G2. J Immunol. 2005;175:5034-42 pubmed..This expression pattern insures the inhibitory control of peripheral immature B cell to prevent premature encounter with an Ag while enabling entry to the lymph nodes during the mature stage. ..
- Sakaizumi M, Hashimoto Y, Suzuki A, Yamakawa T, Kiuchi Y, Moriwaki K. The locus controlling liver GM1(NeuGc) expression is mapped 1 cM centromeric to H-2K. Immunogenetics. 1988;27:57-60 pubmed..Ggm-1 was mapped 1 cM centromeric to H-2K on chromosome 17. ..
- Sertic J, Vincek V, Ledley F, Figueroa F, Klein J. Mapping of the L-methylmalonyl-CoA mutase gene to mouse chromosome 17. Genomics. 1990;6:560-4 pubmed..06 cM distal to H-2, between Pgk-2 and Ce-2. The relative order of syntenic probes flanking H-2 on mouse chromosome 17 and HLA on human chromosome 6 is shown to be different. ..
- Calton M, Lee D, Sundaresan S, Mendus D, Leu R, Wangsawihardja F, et al. A lack of immune system genes causes loss in high frequency hearing but does not disrupt cochlear synapse maturation in mice. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e94549 pubmed publisher..These data underscore the importance of the highly polymorphic family of MHCI genes in hearing in mice and also suggest that factors and mechanisms regulating synaptic refinement in the cochlea may be distinct from those in the CNS. ..
- Dervillez X, Qureshi H, Chentoufi A, Khan A, Kritzer E, Yu D, et al. Asymptomatic HLA-A*02:01-restricted epitopes from herpes simplex virus glycoprotein B preferentially recall polyfunctional CD8+ T cells from seropositive asymptomatic individuals and protect HLA transgenic mice against ocular herpes. J Immunol. 2013;191:5124-38 pubmed publisher..These findings should guide the development of a safe and effective T cell-based herpes vaccine. ..
- Yetter R, Hartley J, Morse H. H-2-linked regulation of xenotropic murine leukemia virus expression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1983;80:505-9 pubmed
- Gapin L, Cheroutre H, Kronenberg M. Cutting edge: TCR alpha beta+ CD8 alpha alpha+ T cells are found in intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes of mice that lack classical MHC class I molecules. J Immunol. 1999;163:4100-4 pubmed
- Yeoman H, Mellor A. Tolerance and MHC restriction in transgenic mice expressing a MHC class I gene in erythroid cells. Int Immunol. 1992;4:59-65 pubmed
- Hashimoto Y, Suzuki A, Yamakawa T, Miyashita N, Moriwaki K. Expression of GM1 and GD1a in mouse liver is linked to the H-2 complex on chromosome 17. J Biochem. 1983;94:2043-8 pubmed..The locus was mapped at the left outside the H-2 complex on chromosome 17 by analysis of H-2 recombinant mice. ..
- Lalanne J, Bregegere F, Delarbre C, Abastado J, Gachelin G, Kourilsky P. Comparison of nucleotide sequences of mRNAs belonging to the mouse H-2 multigene family. Nucleic Acids Res. 1982;10:1039-49 pubmed..Comparison of the sequence indicates a large homology throughout the coding and non-coding regions and suggests the existence of a genetic mechanism which homogenizes nucleotide sequences among genes of the H-2 multigene family. ..
- Ghanem E, Al Balushi M. Adopting the rapamycin trapping assay to track the trafficking of murine MHC class I alleles, H-2K(b). BMC Cell Biol. 2015;16:30 pubmed publisher..Finally, we demonstrate the plausible usage of the rapamycin assay to assess the trafficking of defected proteins especially in diseases and under therapeutic studies. ..
- Pattanakitsakul S, Zheng J, Natsuume Sakai S, Takahashi M, Nonaka M. Aberrant splicing caused by the insertion of the B2 sequence into an intron of the complement C4 gene is the basis for low C4 production in H-2k mice. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:7814-20 pubmed
- Lin A, Guo X, Inman R, Sivak J. Ocular inflammation in HLA-B27 transgenic mice reveals a potential role for MHC class I in corneal immune privilege. Mol Vis. 2015;21:131-7 pubmed..These results demonstrate an increased T-cell response in B27/DKO corneas due to the expression of the HLA-B27 allele, suggesting that low MHCI expression in WT corneas is an important contributor to immune privilege. ..
- Kellenberger C, Roussel A, Malissen B. The H-2Kk MHC peptide-binding groove anchors the backbone of an octameric antigenic peptide in an unprecedented mode. J Immunol. 2005;175:3819-25 pubmed
- Jansa P, Forejt J. A novel type of retinoic acid response element in the second intron of the mouse H2Kb gene is activated by the RAR/RXR heterodimer. Nucleic Acids Res. 1996;24:694-701 pubmed..Thus the Hi-RARE represents a new type of RA response element with a role in the modulation of the expression of MHC class 1 family genes. ..
- Kvist S, Roberts L, Dobberstein B. Mouse histocompatibility genes: structure and organisation of a Kd gene. EMBO J. 1983;2:245-54 pubmed..Analyses of exon donor and acceptor sites of different H-2 genes and cDNAs show that alternative splicing sites are used by different genes. ..
- Kieper W, Tan J, Bondi Boyd B, Gapin L, Sprent J, Ceredig R, et al. Overexpression of interleukin (IL)-7 leads to IL-15-independent generation of memory phenotype CD8+ T cells. J Exp Med. 2002;195:1533-9 pubmed..Since these cell are rare in normal IL-15(-) mice, the dependency of memory phenotype CD8+ cells on IL-15 can be overcome by overexpression of IL-7. ..
- Mellor A, Zhou M, Conway S, Munn D. HLA-G transgenic mice. J Reprod Immunol. 1999;43:253-61 pubmed
- Meijers R, Lai C, Yang Y, Liu J, Zhong W, Wang J, et al. Crystal structures of murine MHC Class I H-2 D(b) and K(b) molecules in complex with CTL epitopes from influenza A virus: implications for TCR repertoire selection and immunodominance. J Mol Biol. 2005;345:1099-110 pubmed
- Hao S, Yuan J, Xiang J. Nonspecific CD4(+) T cells with uptake of antigen-specific dendritic cell-released exosomes stimulate antigen-specific CD8(+) CTL responses and long-term T cell memory. J Leukoc Biol. 2007;82:829-38 pubmed..Therefore, the EXO(OVA)-uptaken CD4(+) T cells may represent a new, effective, EXO-based vaccine strategy in induction of immune responses against tumors and other infectious diseases. ..
- Vogel J, Morse R, Goodenow R. A novel H-2K splice form: predictions for other alternative H-2 splicing events. Immunogenetics. 1989;29:33-43 pubmed..The features of this novel splice form served as the basis for predicting additional rare, alternative H-2 pre-mRNA splicing events that might produce functionally relevant microheterogeneity in the encoded H-2 gene products. ..
- Gugasyan R, Horat E, Kinkel S, Ross F, Grigoriadis G, Gray D, et al. The NF-?B1 transcription factor prevents the intrathymic development of CD8 T cells with memory properties. EMBO J. 2012;31:692-706 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that NF-?B1 regulates multiple events in the thymus that collectively inhibit the excess development of CD8(+) thymocytes with memory cell characteristics. ..
- Boucherma R, Kridane Miledi H, Bouziat R, Rasmussen M, Gatard T, Langa Vives F, et al. HLA-A*01:03, HLA-A*24:02, HLA-B*08:01, HLA-B*27:05, HLA-B*35:01, HLA-B*44:02, and HLA-C*07:01 monochain transgenic/H-2 class I null mice: novel versatile preclinical models of human T cell responses. J Immunol. 2013;191:583-93 pubmed publisher
- Hart G, Flaishon L, Becker Herman S, Shachar I. Ly49D receptor expressed on immature B cells regulates their IFN-gamma secretion, actin polymerization, and homing. J Immunol. 2003;171:4630-8 pubmed
- Benoit L, Shannon J, Chamberlain J, Miller R. Influence of xenogeneic beta2-microglobulin on functional recognition of H-2Kb by the NK cell inhibitory receptor Ly49C. J Immunol. 2005;175:3542-53 pubmed
- Tummuru U, Zubairu M, Lee D. The multi-locus H-2Dw16 region has an organization distinct from the Dd region. Immunogenetics. 1992;35:296-308 pubmed..Collectively, these data suggest that, through a D region recombination event, the novel Dw16 region may have been assembled from primordial counterparts of the Dp and Ld genes. ..
- Johnson L, Weizman O, Rapp M, Way S, Sun J. Epitope-Specific Vaccination Limits Clonal Expansion of Heterologous Naive T Cells during Viral Challenge. Cell Rep. 2016;17:636-644 pubmed publisher..These findings have important implications in pathogen vaccination strategies that depend on the targeting of multiple T cell epitopes. ..