Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: H2-D1
Description: histocompatibility 2, D region locus 1
Alias: H-2D, H2-D, H-2 class I histocompatibility antigen, D-B alpha chain, H-2D cell surface glycoprotein, H2-DC1-beta transplantation antigen protein, MHC H2-D-q alpha-chain, MHC class I H-2Dp, MHC class I H2 antigen, Q5k protein
- Escande Beillard N, Washburn L, Zekzer D, Wu Z, Eitan S, Ivkovic S, et al. Neurons preferentially respond to self-MHC class I allele products regardless of peptide presented. J Immunol. 2010;184:816-23 pubmed publisher..Consistent with this notion, we show that MHC I and MHC I receptors are coexpressed by precursor cells at the earliest stages of retina development, which could enable such coordination. ..
- Su J, Berg R, Murray S, Forman J. Thymus-dependent memory phenotype CD8 T cells in naive B6.H-2Kb-/-Db-/- animals mediate an antigen-specific response against Listeria monocytogenes. J Immunol. 2005;175:6450-7 pubmed..Our data suggest that non-class Ia-selected CD8alphabetaCD44high cells in naive animals can respond rapidly to Ag and play a role in the innate as well as the early phase of the acquired immune response. ..
- Das G, Sheridan S, Janeway C. The source of early IFN-gamma that plays a role in Th1 priming. J Immunol. 2001;167:2004-10 pubmed..Therefore, they arise on MHC class Ib molecules that do not depend on TAP-1 transporters. ..
- Cheuk E, D Souza C, Hu N, Liu Y, Lang H, Chamberlain J. Human MHC class I transgenic mice deficient for H2 class I expression facilitate identification and characterization of new HLA class I-restricted viral T cell epitopes. J Immunol. 2002;169:5571-80 pubmed..In summary, the HLA class I Tg/H2-K/H2-D DKO mouse model described in this study provides a sensitive and specific approach for identifying and characterizing HLA-restricted CTL epitopes for a variety of human disease-associated Ags. ..
- Murali Krishna K, Lau L, Sambhara S, Lemonnier F, Altman J, Ahmed R. Persistence of memory CD8 T cells in MHC class I-deficient mice. Science. 1999;286:1377-81 pubmed..Thus, after naïve CD8 T cells differentiate into memory cells, they evolve an MHC class I-independent "life-style" and do not require further stimulation with specific or cross-reactive antigen for their maintenance. ..
- Ikarashi Y, Mikami R, Bendelac A, Terme M, Chaput N, Terada M, et al. Dendritic cell maturation overrules H-2D-mediated natural killer T (NKT) cell inhibition: critical role for B7 in CD1d-dependent NKT cell interferon gamma production. J Exp Med. 2001;194:1179-86 pubmed..These data point to a unique regulatory role of DCs in NKT cell innate immune responses and suggest that H-2 class Ia and Ib pathways differentially control NKT cell recognition of DC antigens. ..
- Cho H, Choi H, Xu H, Felio K, Wang C. Nonconventional CD8+ T cell responses to Listeria infection in mice lacking MHC class Ia and H2-M3. J Immunol. 2011;186:489-98 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that other MHC class Ib-restricted CD8(+) T cells, in addition to H2-M3-restricted T cells, contribute to antilisterial immunity and may contribute to immune responses against other intracellular bacteria. ..
- Johansson S, Johansson M, Rosmaraki E, Vahlne G, Mehr R, Salmon Divon M, et al. Natural killer cell education in mice with single or multiple major histocompatibility complex class I molecules. J Exp Med. 2005;201:1145-55 pubmed
- Hoglund P, Glas R, Menard C, Kase A, Johansson M, Franksson L, et al. Beta2-microglobulin-deficient NK cells show increased sensitivity to MHC class I-mediated inhibition, but self tolerance does not depend upon target cell expression of H-2Kb and Db heavy chains. Eur J Immunol. 1998;28:370-8 pubmed..However, the mechanisms for enhanced inhibition by MHC class I molecules appear to be unrelated to self tolerance in beta2m- mice, which may instead operate through mechanisms involving triggering pathways. ..
- Pascolo S, Bervas N, Ure J, Smith A, Lemonnier F, Perarnau B. HLA-A2.1-restricted education and cytolytic activity of CD8(+) T lymphocytes from beta2 microglobulin (beta2m) HLA-A2.1 monochain transgenic H-2Db beta2m double knockout mice. J Exp Med. 1997;185:2043-51 pubmed..1-restricted immunodominant epitope in humans. Such mice might constitute a versatile animal model for the study of HLA-A2.1-restricted CTL responses of vaccine interest. ..
- Seaman M, Perarnau B, Lindahl K, Lemonnier F, Forman J. Response to Listeria monocytogenes in mice lacking MHC class Ia molecules. J Immunol. 1999;162:5429-36 pubmed..Thus, class Ia-deficient animals have a CD8+ T cell repertoire capable of recognizing both class Ia and class Ib molecules and can generate protective immunity to LM. ..
- Perarnau B, Saron M, Reina San Martin B, Bervas N, Ong H, Soloski M, et al. Single H2Kb, H2Db and double H2KbDb knockout mice: peripheral CD8+ T cell repertoire and anti-lymphocytic choriomeningitis virus cytolytic responses. Eur J Immunol. 1999;29:1243-52 pubmed..Mice expressing a restricted set of histocompatibility class I molecules should represent useful tools to evaluate the immunological potentials of individual MHC class I molecules. ..
- Datwani A, McConnell M, Kanold P, Micheva K, Busse B, Shamloo M, et al. Classical MHCI molecules regulate retinogeniculate refinement and limit ocular dominance plasticity. Neuron. 2009;64:463-70 pubmed publisher..H2-K(b) and H2-D(b) ligands, signaling via neuronal MHCI receptors, may enable activity-dependent remodeling of brain circuits during developmental critical periods. ..
- Rolph M, Raupach B, Köbernick H, Collins H, Perarnau B, Lemonnier F, et al. MHC class Ia-restricted T cells partially account for beta2-microglobulin-dependent resistance to Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Eur J Immunol. 2001;31:1944-9 pubmed..Thus, antigen presentation via MHC class Ia is an important component in resistance to M. tuberculosis, but its absence only partially accounts for the increased susceptibility of beta 2-microglobulin-deficient mice. ..
- Tan J, Dudl E, Leroy E, Murray R, Sprent J, Weinberg K, et al. IL-7 is critical for homeostatic proliferation and survival of naive T cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:8732-7 pubmed..Thus, naïve T cells disappeared gradually over a 1-month period upon adoptive transfer into IL-7(-) hosts. These findings indicate that naive T cells depend on IL-7 for survival and homeostatic proliferation. ..
- Hart G, Flaishon L, Becker Herman S, Shachar I. Ly49D receptor expressed on immature B cells regulates their IFN-gamma secretion, actin polymerization, and homing. J Immunol. 2003;171:4630-8 pubmed
- Duran L, Horton R, Birschbach C, Chang Miller A, Pease L. Structural relationships among the H-2 D-regions of murine MHC haplotypes. J Immunol. 1989;142:288-96 pubmed..However, subsequent events have generated sequence divergence at the D-locus. ..
- Ciatto C, Tissot A, Tschopp M, Capitani G, Pecorari F, Pluckthun A, et al. Zooming in on the hydrophobic ridge of H-2D(b): implications for the conformational variability of bound peptides. J Mol Biol. 2001;312:1059-71 pubmed..This finding suggests a functional reason for the conservation of this structural element. ..
- Firat H, Cochet M, Rohrlich P, Garcia Pons F, Darche S, Danos O, et al. Comparative analysis of the CD8(+) T cell repertoires of H-2 class I wild-type/HLA-A2.1 and H-2 class I knockout/HLA-A2.1 transgenic mice. Int Immunol. 2002;14:925-34 pubmed..1/K(b) mice. These observations provide the molecular bases accounting for the fact that HHD mice represent the most versatile animal model currently available for preclinical studies of HLA-A2.1-restricted CTL responses. ..
- Reyes A, Schold M, Wallace R. The complete amino acid sequence of the murine transplantation antigen H-2Db as deduced by molecular cloning. Immunogenetics. 1982;16:1-9 pubmed..Analysis of DNA sequences at the 3'-coding and untranslated regions suggests that the mRNAs of H-2Kb and H-2Db are spliced differently at their 3'-coding ends. ..
- Young A, Zhang W, Sacchettini J, Nathenson S. The three-dimensional structure of H-2Db at 2.4 A resolution: implications for antigen-determinant selection. Cell. 1994;76:39-50 pubmed..This ridge occurs in about 40% of the known murine D and L allelic molecules, classifying them as a structural subgroup. ..
- Gugasyan R, Horat E, Kinkel S, Ross F, Grigoriadis G, Gray D, et al. The NF-?B1 transcription factor prevents the intrathymic development of CD8 T cells with memory properties. EMBO J. 2012;31:692-706 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that NF-?B1 regulates multiple events in the thymus that collectively inhibit the excess development of CD8(+) thymocytes with memory cell characteristics. ..
- Kanaseki T, Lind K, Escobar H, Nagarajan N, Reyes Vargas E, Rudd B, et al. ERAAP and tapasin independently edit the amino and carboxyl termini of MHC class I peptides. J Immunol. 2013;191:1547-55 pubmed publisher..Thus, the optimal pMHC I repertoire is produced by two distinct peptide editing steps in the endoplasmic reticulum. ..
- Logunova N, Viret C, Pobezinsky L, Miller S, Kazansky D, Sundberg J, et al. Restricted MHC-peptide repertoire predisposes to autoimmunity. J Exp Med. 2005;202:73-84 pubmed..Our findings may help to explain the link between MHC class I responses that are involved in major autoimmune diseases and the well-established genetic linkage of these diseases with MHC class II. ..
- Min J, Shukla H, Kozono H, Bronson S, Weissman S, Chaplin D. A novel Creb family gene telomeric of HLA-DRA in the HLA complex. Genomics. 1995;30:149-56 pubmed..The amino acid sequence homology and general structural features of the predicted protein indicate that this gene encodes a general transcription factor belonging to the Creb/ATF subfamily of the bZip super-family. ..
- Achour A, Persson K, Harris R, Sundbäck J, Sentman C, Lindqvist Y, et al. The crystal structure of H-2Dd MHC class I complexed with the HIV-1-derived peptide P18-I10 at 2.4 A resolution: implications for T cell and NK cell recognition. Immunity. 1998;9:199-208 pubmed..The structure is discussed in relation to functional data available for T cell and natural killer cell recognition of the H-2Dd molecule. ..
- Yun T, Melvold R, Pease L. A complex major histocompatibility complex D locus variant generated by an unusual recombination mechanism in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:1384-9 pubmed..This process occurs at the D locus and the K locus. The significance of this kind of genetic interaction may extend beyond the major histocompatibility complex and have importance in shaping other multigene families. ..
- Bassett J, Yang T, Bernard D, Millar J, Swift S, McGray A, et al. CD8+ T-cell expansion and maintenance after recombinant adenovirus immunization rely upon cooperation between hematopoietic and nonhematopoietic antigen-presenting cells. Blood. 2011;117:1146-55 pubmed publisher..These results shed new light on the immunobiology of rHuAd5 vectors and provide evidence for a mechanism of CD8(+) T-cell expansion and memory maintenance that relies upon both hematopoietic and nonhematopoietic APCs. ..
- Rohrlich P, Fazilleau N, Ginhoux F, Firat H, Michel F, Cochet M, et al. Direct recognition by alphabeta cytolytic T cells of Hfe, a MHC class Ib molecule without antigen-presenting function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:12855-60 pubmed
- Bond J, Beynon R, Reckelhoff J, David C. Mep-1 gene controlling a kidney metalloendopeptidase is linked to the major histocompatibility complex in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1984;81:5542-5 pubmed..In addition, the Mep-1 gene is the only identified gene linked to the major histocompatibility complex that regulates a proteinase activity. ..
- Schaible U, Collins H, Priem F, Kaufmann S. Correction of the iron overload defect in beta-2-microglobulin knockout mice by lactoferrin abolishes their increased susceptibility to tuberculosis. J Exp Med. 2002;196:1507-13 pubmed..Our data establish: (a) defective iron metabolism explains the increased susceptibility of beta2m-KO mice over MHC-I-KO mice, and (b) iron overload represents an exacerbating cofactor for tuberculosis. ..
- Milling S, Silvers W, Sai T, Mintz B. Decline in MHC class I expression with increasing thickness of cutaneous melanomas in standard-strain transgenic mouse models. Melanoma Res. 2002;12:221-30 pubmed..These results implicate a regulatory defect as a principal cause of the loss of MHC class I antigens, as noted by others in some human tumours, and they demonstrate that this loss is remediable, even in advanced stages of melanomas. ..
- Chen M, Tabaczewski P, Truscott S, Van Kaer L, Stroynowski I. Hepatocytes express abundant surface class I MHC and efficiently use transporter associated with antigen processing, tapasin, and low molecular weight polypeptide proteasome subunit components of antigen processing and presentation pathway. J Immunol. 2005;175:1047-55 pubmed..This type of response should promote rapid influx of newly generated peptides into the endoplasmic reticulum and preferential presentation of foreign/induced Ag by hepatic class I...
- Sullivan B, Kraj P, Weber D, Ignatowicz L, Jensen P. Positive selection of a Qa-1-restricted T cell receptor with specificity for insulin. Immunity. 2002;17:95-105 pubmed..Our findings suggest that there is a dedicated population of Qa-1-restricted T cells that are selected by interaction with Qa-1 and that the cellular requirements for selection may differ from conventional T cells. ..
- Tummuru U, Zubairu M, Lee D. The multi-locus H-2Dw16 region has an organization distinct from the Dd region. Immunogenetics. 1992;35:296-308 pubmed..Collectively, these data suggest that, through a D region recombination event, the novel Dw16 region may have been assembled from primordial counterparts of the Dp and Ld genes. ..
- de Goër de Herve M, Dembele B, Vallée M, Herr F, Cariou A, Taoufik Y. Direct CD4 help provision following interaction of memory CD4 and CD8 T cells with distinct antigen-presenting dendritic cells. J Immunol. 2010;185:1028-36 pubmed publisher..CD4 help for memory CD8 T cells therefore appears to be conditioned primarily not by Ag specificity but by activation status...
- Villen J, Beausoleil S, Gerber S, Gygi S. Large-scale phosphorylation analysis of mouse liver. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:1488-93 pubmed..Finally, we identified double phosphorylation motifs that may be involved in ordered phosphorylation. ..
- Peterson K, Iwashiro M, Hasenkrug K, Chesebro B. Major histocompatibility complex class I gene controls the generation of gamma interferon-producing CD4(+) and CD8(+) T cells important for recovery from friend retrovirus-induced leukemia. J Virol. 2000;74:5363-7 pubmed..Furthermore, the influence of MHC class I genotype on the generation of both IFN-gamma-producing CD4(+) and CD8(+) T cells helps explain the major impact of the H-2D gene on recovery from FV disease...
- Cooper J, Fernandez N, Joly E, Dealtry G. Regulation of major histocompatibility complex and TAP gene products in preimplantation mouse stage embryos. Am J Reprod Immunol. 1998;40:165-71 pubmed..To determine the ontogeny of major histocompatibility complex (MHC) expression and TAP products in mouse embryos...
- Huygen K, Drowart A, Harboe M, ten Berg R, Cogniaux J, Van Vooren J. Influence of genes from the major histocompatibility complex on the antibody repertoire against culture filtrate antigens in mice infected with live Mycobacterium bovis BCG. Infect Immun. 1993;61:2687-93 pubmed..By using crossed immunoelectrophoresis, this 40-kDa antigen was identified as antigen 88 according to the reference system of Closs et al. for BCG antigens. ..
- Vernet C, Artzt K. Mapping of 12 markers in the proximal region of mouse chromosome 17 using recombinant t haplotypes. Mamm Genome. 1995;6:219-21 pubmed
- Hildebrand W, Horton R, Pease L, Martinko J. Nucleotide sequence analysis of H-2Df and the spontaneous in vivo H-2Dfm2 mutation. Mol Immunol. 1992;29:61-9 pubmed
- Boucherma R, Kridane Miledi H, Bouziat R, Rasmussen M, Gatard T, Langa Vives F, et al. HLA-A*01:03, HLA-A*24:02, HLA-B*08:01, HLA-B*27:05, HLA-B*35:01, HLA-B*44:02, and HLA-C*07:01 monochain transgenic/H-2 class I null mice: novel versatile preclinical models of human T cell responses. J Immunol. 2013;191:583-93 pubmed publisher
- Siadak A, Nowinski R. Thy-2: a murine thymocyte-brain alloantigen controlled by a gene linked to the major histocompatibility complex. Immunogenetics. 1981;12:45-58 pubmed..Expression of the Thy-2 alloantigen is controlled by a single semidominant gene located approximately 3 cM to the right of the H-2K locus on chromosome 17. ..
- Tyan M. Vitamin A-enhanced cleft palate susceptibility associated with H-2. J Immunogenet. 1987;14:239-45 pubmed..The locus appears to be on the centromeric side of a dexamethasone-induced cleft palate gene which has been mapped to the same general area. ..
- Liu J, Shen Y, Li M, Shi Q, Zhang A, Miao F, et al. The expression pattern of classical MHC class I molecules in the development of mouse central nervous system. Neurochem Res. 2013;38:290-9 pubmed publisher..The investigation of the expression pattern of H-2D(b) at both embryonic and postnatal stages is important for further understanding the physiological and pathological roles of H2-D(b) in the developing CNS. ..
- Girgis K, Capra J, Stroynowski I. Nucleotide sequences of H2g7 K and D loci of nonobese diabetic mice. Immunogenetics. 1995;41:386 pubmed
- Patel R, Belanger S, Tai L, Troke A, Makrigiannis A. Effect of Ly49 haplotype variance on NK cell function and education. J Immunol. 2010;185:4783-92 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that the genetically segregating and diverse MHC-I and Ly49 loci in mice exhibit independent and epistatic effects on NK cell education that can be uncoupled during the intercrossing of inbred strains. ..
- Goodenow R, McMillan M, Nicolson M, Sher B, Eakle K, Davidson N, et al. Identification of the class I genes of the mouse major histocompatibility complex by DNA-mediated gene transfer. Nature. 1982;300:231-7 pubmed..Alloantiserum prepared to one of the novel antigens was used to demonstrate the expression of the previously undetected antigen on spleen cells of various inbred, congeneic, and recombinant congeneic strains of mice. ..
- Gardner S, Mock B, Hilgers J, Huppi K, Roeder W. Mouse lymphotoxin and tumor necrosis factor: structural analysis of the cloned genes, physical linkage, and chromosomal position. J Immunol. 1987;139:476-83 pubmed..Comparison of the 5' flanking sequence of LT to a number of genes that are specifically expressed in activated T cells reveals a number of conserved sequences that may play a role in control of these genes. ..
- Seo N, Okazaki T, Nakanishi Ito C, Tanino T, Matsudaira Y, Takahashi T, et al. Expression of the Qa-2k phenotype encoded by the Q5k gene on the surface of tumor cells derived from H-2k mice. J Exp Med. 1992;175:647-54 pubmed..These results revealed that the Qa-2k antigen was distinct from the normal Qa-2 antigen expressed on H-2b lymphocytes although it cross-reacted with some Qa-2-specific mAbs. ..
- Bregegere F, Abastado J, Kvist S, Rask L, Lalanne J, Garoff H, et al. Structure of C-terminal half of two H-2 antigens from cloned mRNA. Nature. 1981;292:78-81 pubmed
- Hofstetter A, Ford M, Sullivan L, Wilson J, Hadley A, Brooks A, et al. MHC class Ib-restricted CD8 T cells differ in dependence on CD4 T cell help and CD28 costimulation over the course of mouse polyomavirus infection. J Immunol. 2012;188:3071-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the Q9:VP2.139-specific CD8 T cell response to mouse polyomavirus infection depends on CD4 T cell help and CD28 costimulation for inflationary expansion, but only on CD4 T cell help for maintenance. ..
- Sun Y, Goodenow R, Hood L. Molecular basis of the dm1 mutation in the major histocompatibility complex of the mouse: a D/L hybrid gene. J Exp Med. 1985;162:1588-602 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the D/L hybrid gene is most likely responsible for the dm1 mutant phenotype. ..
- Wadehra M, Su H, Gordon L, Goodglick L, Braun J. The tetraspan protein EMP2 increases surface expression of class I major histocompatibility complex proteins and susceptibility to CTL-mediated cell death. Clin Immunol. 2003;107:129-36 pubmed..This study demonstrates an unexpected role for a tetraspan protein in CTL-mediated cell death and MHC1 surface trafficking. ..
- Klein J, Figueroa F, David C. H-2 haplotypes, genes and antigens: second listing. II. The H-2 complex. Immunogenetics. 1983;17:553-96 pubmed..As in the First Listing (Klein et al. 1978), the core of the review in the Second Listing constitutes the tables of H-2 haplotypes, antigens, and determinants. ..
- Gaskins H, Prochazka M, Nadeau J, Henson V, Leiter E. Localization of a mouse heat shock Hsp70 gene within the H-2 complex. Immunogenetics. 1990;32:286-9 pubmed
- Moore K, Sher B, Sun Y, Eakle K, Hood L. DNA sequence of a gene encoding a BALB/c mouse Ld transplantation antigen. Science. 1982;215:679-82 pubmed..5 sequence with several complementary DNA sequences suggests that the BALB/c mouse may contain a number of closely related L-like genes. Gene 27.5 has eight exons that correlate with the structural domains of the transplantation antigen. ..
- Kress M, Liu W, Jay E, Khoury G, Jay G. Comparison of class I (H-2) gene sequences. Derivation of unique probes for members of this multigene family. J Biol Chem. 1983;258:13929-36 pubmed..The availability of these specific coding probes will allow the analysis of individual genes and their specific expression without interference from other highly homologous sequences in this multigene family. ..
- Laouini D, Casrouge A, Dalle S, Lemonnier F, Kourilsky P, Kanellopoulos J. V beta T cell repertoire of CD8+ splenocytes selected on nonpolymorphic MHC class I molecules. J Immunol. 2000;165:6381-6 pubmed..This observation implies that BV diversity is positively correlated with the number of CD8(+) cells, even when the number of CD8(+) splenocytes is dramatically reduced (90% in the double knockout mice). ..
- Henson V, Palmer L, Banks S, Nadeau J, Carlson G. Loss of heterozygosity and mitotic linkage maps in the mouse. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1991;88:6486-90 pubmed
- Sandalova T, Michaelsson J, Harris R, Ljunggren H, Kärre K, Schneider G, et al. Expression, refolding and crystallization of murine MHC class I H-2Db in complex with human beta2-microglobulin. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2005;61:1090-3 pubmed..Crystals containing two complexes per asymmetric unit and belonging to the space group P2(1), with unit-cell parameters a = 68.1, b = 65.2, c = 101.9 A, beta = 102.4 degrees, were obtained. ..
- Firat H, Tourdot S, Ureta Vidal A, Scardino A, Suhrbier A, Buseyne F, et al. Design of a polyepitope construct for the induction of HLA-A0201-restricted HIV 1-specific CTL responses using HLA-A*0201 transgenic, H-2 class I KO mice. Eur J Immunol. 2001;31:3064-74 pubmed..Long-lasting CTL responses against most of the inserted epitopes could be elicited simultaneously in a single animal with cross-recognition in several cases of their most common natural variants. ..
- Pullen J, Horton R, Cai Z, Pease L. Structural diversity of the classical H-2 genes: K, D, and L. J Immunol. 1992;148:953-67 pubmed..The nature of amino acid substitutions distinguishing class I loci in mice and humans are comparable, and the role of natural selection in determining diversity appears to be similar in the two species. ..
- Nairn R, Nathenson S, Coligan J. Amino acid sequence of cyanogen bromide fragment CN-C (residues 24-98) of the mouse histocompatibility antigen H-2Dd. A comparison of the amino-terminal 100 residues of H-2Dd, Dd, Kd, and Kb reveals discrete areas of diversity. Biochemistry. 1981;20:4739-45 pubmed..Comparison over some 180 residues of the Dd and Kb molecules reveals a particularly close similarity between these products of a K and a D gene from widely disparate mouse strains. ..
- Tatum A, Mylin L, Bender S, Fischer M, Vigliotti B, Tevethia M, et al. CD8+ T cells targeting a single immunodominant epitope are sufficient for elimination of established SV40 T antigen-induced brain tumors. J Immunol. 2008;181:4406-17 pubmed..Finally, we show that production of IFN-gamma, but not perforin or TNF-alpha, by the donor lymphocytes is critical for control of autochthonous brain tumors. ..
- Cheuk E, Chamberlain J. Strong memory CD8+ T cell responses against immunodominant and three new subdominant HLA-B27-restricted influenza A CTL epitopes following secondary infection of HLA-B27 transgenic mice. Cell Immunol. 2005;234:110-23 pubmed..Together with results for other HLA class I alleles, this information will become important in improving vaccine strategies for influenza A and other human pathogens. ..
- Brownstein D, Bhatt P, Gras L, Budris T. Serial backcross analysis of genetic resistance to mousepox, using marker loci for Rmp-2 and Rmp-3. J Virol. 1992;66:7073-9 pubmed
- Rohrlich P, Cardinaud S, Firat H, Lamari M, Briand P, Escriou N, et al. HLA-B*0702 transgenic, H-2KbDb double-knockout mice: phenotypical and functional characterization in response to influenza virus. Int Immunol. 2003;15:765-72 pubmed..These animals may prove a suitable model to study HLA-B0702-restricted CTL responses. ..
- Cardoso E, Macedo M, Rohrlich P, Ribeiro E, Silva M, Lemonnier F, et al. Increased hepatic iron in mice lacking classical MHC class I molecules. Blood. 2002;100:4239-41 pubmed..These results demonstrate for the first time that classical MHC-I molecules could be involved in the regulation of iron metabolism and contribute to the established genotype/phenotype discrepancies seen in HH. ..
- Lomas M, Hanon E, Tanaka Y, Bangham C, Gould K. Presentation of a new H-2D(k)-restricted epitope in the Tax protein of human T-lymphotropic virus type I is enhanced by the proteasome inhibitor lactacystin. J Gen Virol. 2002;83:641-50 pubmed
- Hammerling G, Hammerling U, Flaherty L. Qat-4 and Qat-5, new murine T-cell antigens governed by the Tla region and identified by monoclonal antibodies. J Exp Med. 1979;150:108-16 pubmed
- Brenner C, King S, Przewoznik M, Wolters I, Adam C, Bornkamm G, et al. Requirements for control of B-cell lymphoma by NK cells. Eur J Immunol. 2010;40:494-504 pubmed publisher..Thus, NK-receptor coengagement is crucial for NK-cell functions in vivo and especially for NK cell-mediated tumor surveillance. ..
- Landel C, Stabley D, Bundesen L. PCR identification of class I major histocompatibility complex genes transcribed in mouse blastocyst and placenta. J Reprod Immunol. 1997;33:31-43 pubmed..We postulate that some members of this spectrum of blastocyst and placentally-expressed MHC class Ib genes may act together at the maternal-fetal interface in ways that are important for a successful pregnancy. ..
- Murali Krishna K, Ahmed R. Cutting edge: naive T cells masquerading as memory cells. J Immunol. 2000;165:1733-7 pubmed..In addition, this study may have implications for autoimmunity because homeostatic proliferation of naive T cells requires interaction with self peptide plus MHC molecules. ..
- Tajima A, Tanaka T, Ebata T, Takeda K, Kawasaki A, Kelly J, et al. Blastocyst MHC, a putative murine homologue of HLA-G, protects TAP-deficient tumor cells from natural killer cell-mediated rejection in vivo. J Immunol. 2003;171:1715-21 pubmed..These results suggested a role for blastocyst MHC in protecting TAP-deficient trophoblasts and tumor cells from NK cell attack in vivo. ..
- Schildknecht A, Probst H, McCoy K, Miescher I, Brenner C, Leone D, et al. Antigens expressed by myelinating glia cells induce peripheral cross-tolerance of endogenous CD8+ T cells. Eur J Immunol. 2009;39:1505-15 pubmed publisher..Immunohistological staining of secondary lymphoid organs demonstrated the presence of glia-derived antigens in DC, suggesting that peripheral tolerance of CD8(+) T cells results from uptake and presentation by steady state DC. ..
- Azoulay Cayla A, Dethlefs S, Perarnau B, Larsson Sciard E, Lemonnier F, Brahic M, et al. H-2D(b-/-) mice are susceptible to persistent infection by Theiler's virus. J Virol. 2000;74:5470-6 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the H-2D(b) and H-2K(b) genes play nonredundant roles in the resistance to this persistent infection. ..