Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gtf2i
Description: general transcription factor II I
Alias: 6030441I21Rik, BAP-135, Diws1t, GtfII-I, Spin, TFII-I, WBSCR6, general transcription factor II-I, BTK-associated protein 135, Bruton tyrosine kinase-associated protein 135, SRF-Phox1-interacting protein, Williams-Beuren syndrome chromosomal region 6 protein
- Suto J, Sekikawa K. Further mapping and characterization of Naq1, a quantitative trait locus responsible for maternal inferior nurturing ability in RR mice. J Vet Med Sci. 2004;66:1033-8 pubmed..Naq1 is a novel QTL as far as the QTL results of relevant female reproductive traits in cattle and pigs are concerned. ..
- Yang W, Desiderio S. BAP-135, a target for Bruton's tyrosine kinase in response to B cell receptor engagement. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:604-9 pubmed..Taken together, these observations suggest that BAP-135 may reside downstream of Btk in a signaling pathway originating at the BCR. ..
- Sacristán C, Schattgen S, Berg L, Bunnell S, Roy A, Rosenstein Y. Characterization of a novel interaction between transcription factor TFII-I and the inducible tyrosine kinase in T cells. Eur J Immunol. 2009;39:2584-95 pubmed publisher..Mutations within Itk's kinase, pleckstrin-homology, and proline-rich regions did not abolish TFII-I-Itk binding. Our results provide an initial step in understanding the biological role of Itk-TFII-I signaling in T-cell function. ..
- Bayarsaihan D, Dunai J, Greally J, Kawasaki K, Sumiyama K, Enkhmandakh B, et al. Genomic organization of the genes Gtf2ird1, Gtf2i, and Ncf1 at the mouse chromosome 5 region syntenic to the human chromosome 7q11.23 Williams syndrome critical region. Genomics. 2002;79:137-43 pubmedWe have recently isolated a mouse ortholog of human GTF2IRD1 that is related to GTF2I. GTF2IRD1 and GTF2I proteins are characterized by the presence of multiple helix-loop-helix domains and a leucine zipper motif...
- Segura Puimedon M, Borralleras C, Perez Jurado L, Campuzano V. TFII-I regulates target genes in the PI-3K and TGF-? signaling pathways through a novel DNA binding motif. Gene. 2013;527:529-36 pubmed publisher..protein involved in the transcriptional regulation of critical developmental genes, encoded by the GTF2I gene located on chromosome 7q11.23...
- Hong M, Lin M, Huang J, Baumeister P, Hakre S, Roy A, et al. Transcriptional regulation of the Grp78 promoter by endoplasmic reticulum stress: role of TFII-I and its tyrosine phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:16821-8 pubmed..Our studies provide a molecular link that connects the c-Src tyrosine kinase transduction pathway to ER stress-induced transcriptional activation of Grp78 mediated by TFII-I. ..
- Sakurai T, Dorr N, Takahashi N, McInnes L, Elder G, Buxbaum J. Haploinsufficiency of Gtf2i, a gene deleted in Williams Syndrome, leads to increases in social interactions. Autism Res. 2011;4:28-39 pubmed publisher..23 region, containing about 28 genes. One of genes in the region, GTF2I, has been implicated in the hypersociability and visuospatial deficits of WBS based on genotype-phenotype ..
- PeÃ±a HernÃ¡ndez R, Marques M, Hilmi K, Zhao T, Saad A, Alaoui Jamali M, et al. Genome-wide targeting of the epigenetic regulatory protein CTCF to gene promoters by the transcription factor TFII-I. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:E677-86 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that TFII-I directs CTCF binding to target genes, and in turn the two proteins cooperate to recruit CDK8 and enhance transcription initiation. ..
- Ashworth T, Roy A. Cutting Edge: TFII-I controls B cell proliferation via regulating NF-kappaB. J Immunol. 2007;178:2631-5 pubmed..Thus, besides controlling c-myc transcription, TFII-I controls B cell proliferation by regulating both nuclear translocation of c-rel and DNA-binding activity of p50 NF-kappaB. ..
- Chimge N, Makeyev A, Ruddle F, Bayarsaihan D. Identification of the TFII-I family target genes in the vertebrate genome. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:9006-10 pubmed publisherb>GTF2I and GTF2IRD1 encode members of the TFII-I transcription factor family and are prime candidates in the Williams syndrome, a complex neurodevelopmental disorder...
- Makeyev A, Bayarsaihan D. Alternative splicing and promoter use in TFII-I genes. Gene. 2009;433:16-25 pubmed publisher..Analysis of atypical small and rare chromosomal deletions at 7q11.23 points to TFII-I genes (GTF2I and GTF2IRD1) as the prime candidates responsible for craniofacial and cognitive abnormalities in the Williams-..
- Enkhmandakh B, Stoddard C, Mack K, He W, Kaback D, Yee S, et al. Generation of a mouse model for a conditional inactivation of Gtf2i allele. Genesis. 2016;54:407-12 pubmed publisherThe multifunctional transcription factor TFII-I encoded by the Gtf2i gene is expressed at the two-cell stage, inner cell mass, trophectoderm, and early gastrula stages of the mouse embryo...
- Chimge N, Makeyev A, Waigel S, Enkhmandakh B, Bayarsaihan D. PI3K/Akt-dependent functions of TFII-I transcription factors in mouse embryonic stem cells. J Cell Biochem. 2012;113:1122-31 pubmed publisher..is sufficient to maintain the pluripotency of mouse embryonic stem cells (mESC) and results in down-regulation of Gtf2i and Gtf2ird1 encoding TFII-I family transcription factors...
- Fijalkowska I, Sharma D, Bult C, Danoff S. Expression of the transcription factor, TFII-I, during post-implantation mouse embryonic development. BMC Res Notes. 2010;3:203 pubmed publisherGeneral transcription factor (TFII-I) is a multi-functional transcription factor encoded by the Gtf2i gene, that has been demonstrated to regulate transcription of genes critical for development...
- Cheriyath V, Desgranges Z, Roy A. c-Src-dependent transcriptional activation of TFII-I. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:22798-805 pubmed..These data demonstrate that TFII-I, through a Src-dependent mechanism, reversibly translocates from the cytoplasm to the nucleus, leading to the transcriptional activation of growth-regulated genes. ..
- MacFarlane A, Perry C, Girnary H, Gao D, Allen R, Stabler S, et al. Mthfd1 is an essential gene in mice and alters biomarkers of impaired one-carbon metabolism. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:1533-9 pubmed publisher..Further, the depletion of cytoplasmic FTHFS activity enhances thymidylate synthesis, affirming the competition between thymidylate synthesis and homocysteine remethylation for THF cofactors. ..
- Ku M, Sokol S, Wu J, Tussie Luna M, Roy A, Hata A. Positive and negative regulation of the transforming growth factor beta/activin target gene goosecoid by the TFII-I family of transcription factors. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:7144-57 pubmed..These results suggest a model in which TFII-I family proteins have opposing effects in the regulation of the Gsc gene in response to a TGFbeta/activin signal. ..
- Perez Jurado L, Wang Y, Francke U, Cruces J. TBL2, a novel transducin family member in the WBS deletion: characterization of the complete sequence, genomic structure, transcriptional variants and the mouse ortholog. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1999;86:277-84 pubmed..23. Since haploinsufficiency has been shown for other WD-repeat containing proteins, hemizygosity of TBL2 may contribute to some of the aspects of the complex WBS phenotype. ..
- Lazebnik M, Tussie Luna M, Hinds P, Roy A. Williams-Beuren syndrome-associated transcription factor TFII-I regulates osteogenic marker genes. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:36234-9 pubmed publisher..Identification of pathways regulated by TFII-I family transcription factors may begin to shed light on the molecular determinants of WBS. ..
- Lucena J, Pezzi S, Aso E, Valero M, Carreiro C, Dubus P, et al. Essential role of the N-terminal region of TFII-I in viability and behavior. BMC Med Genet. 2010;11:61 pubmed publisherb>GTF2I codes for a general intrinsic transcription factor and calcium channel regulator TFII-I, with high and ubiquitous expression, and a strong candidate for involvement in the morphological and neuro-developmental anomalies of the ..
- Mervis C, Dida J, Lam E, Crawford Zelli N, Young E, Henderson D, et al. Duplication of GTF2I results in separation anxiety in mice and humans. Am J Hum Genet. 2012;90:1064-70 pubmed publisher..of one commonly duplicated or deleted gene in separation anxiety, we compared mice that had varying numbers of Gtf2i copies...
- Inberg A, Linial M. Protection of pancreatic beta-cells from various stress conditions is mediated by DJ-1. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:25686-98 pubmed publisher..We identified TFII-I (Gtf2i) as DJ-1 partner in the cytosol, whereas the binding of TFII-I to DJ-1 prevented TFII-I translocation to the ..
- Doi Katayama Y, Hayashi F, Inoue M, Yabuki T, Aoki M, Seki E, et al. Solution structure of the general transcription factor 2I domain in mouse TFII-I protein. Protein Sci. 2007;16:1788-92 pubmedThe general transcription factor TFII-I, with the corresponding gene name GTF2I, is an unusual transcriptional regulator that associates with both basal and signal-induced transcription factors...
- Jiang W, Sordella R, Chen G, Hakre S, Roy A, Settleman J. An FF domain-dependent protein interaction mediates a signaling pathway for growth factor-induced gene expression. Mol Cell. 2005;17:23-35 pubmed..These findings reveal a pathway by which mitogens promote gene transcription and indicate a role for FF domains in phosphorylation-mediated signal transduction. ..
- Tantin D, Tussie Luna M, Roy A, Sharp P. Regulation of immunoglobulin promoter activity by TFII-I class transcription factors. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:5460-9 pubmed..Dominant-negative and RNAi-mediated knockdown experiments indicate that BEN can both positively and negatively regulate IgH promoter activity, depending on the cell line. ..
- Paperna T, Peoples R, Wang Y, Kaplan P, Francke U. Genes for the CPE receptor (CPETR1) and the human homolog of RVP1 (CPETR2) are localized within the Williams-Beuren syndrome deletion. Genomics. 1998;54:453-9 pubmed..Our results suggest a role for CPE-R in internal organ development and function during pre- and postnatal life. ..
- Palmer S, Taylor K, Santucci N, Widagdo J, Chan Y, Yeo J, et al. GTF2IRD2 from the Williams-Beuren critical region encodes a mobile-element-derived fusion protein that antagonizes the action of its related family members. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:5040-50 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that GTF2IRD2 has evolved as a regulator of GTF2IRD1 and TFII-I; inhibiting their function by direct interaction and sequestration into inactive nuclear zones. ..
- Wade N, Bryant N, Connolly L, Simpson R, Luzio J, Piper R, et al. Syntaxin 7 complexes with mouse Vps10p tail interactor 1b, syntaxin 6, vesicle-associated membrane protein (VAMP)8, and VAMP7 in b16 melanoma cells. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:19820-7 pubmed
- Tussie Luna M, Michel B, Hakre S, Roy A. The SUMO ubiquitin-protein isopeptide ligase family member Miz1/PIASxbeta /Siz2 is a transcriptional cofactor for TFII-I. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:43185-93 pubmed..Finally, ectopically expressed Miz1/mPIASxbeta augments the transcriptional activity of TFII-I and relieves the repression exerted by a mutant hMusTRD1/BEN that co-localized with TFII-I in the nucleus. ..