Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gt(ROSA)26Sor
Description: gene trap ROSA 26, Philippe Soriano
Alias: AV258896, Gtrgeo26, Gtrosa26, R26, ROSA26
Publications121 found, 100 shown here
- Schmidt Supprian M, Wunderlich F, Rajewsky K. Excision of the Frt-flanked neo (R) cassette from the CD19cre knock-in transgene reduces Cre-mediated recombination. Transgenic Res. 2007;16:657-60 pubmed..In addition our findings suggest that gene expression from the CD19 locus can be increased by the insertion of exogenous enhancer sequences, without compromising B cell specificity. ..
- Yamanaka K, Chun S, Boillee S, Fujimori Tonou N, Yamashita H, Gutmann D, et al. Astrocytes as determinants of disease progression in inherited amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Nat Neurosci. 2008;11:251-3 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that mutant astrocytes are viable targets for therapies for slowing the progression of non-cell autonomous killing of motor neurons in ALS. ..
- Al Qassab H, Smith M, Irvine E, Guillermet Guibert J, Claret M, Choudhury A, et al. Dominant role of the p110beta isoform of PI3K over p110alpha in energy homeostasis regulation by POMC and AgRP neurons. Cell Metab. 2009;10:343-54 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate distinct metabolic roles for the p110alpha and p110beta isoforms of PI3K in hypothalamic energy regulation. ..
- Macfarlan T, Gifford W, Agarwal S, Driscoll S, Lettieri K, Wang J, et al. Endogenous retroviruses and neighboring genes are coordinately repressed by LSD1/KDM1A. Genes Dev. 2011;25:594-607 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that ancient retroviral insertions were used to co-opt regulatory sequences targeted by KDM1A for epigenetic silencing of cell fate genes during early mammalian embryonic development. ..
- ..We conclude that claims of a cardiomyocyte fate of epicardial cells in the mouse are not substantiated. ..
- Zhou L, Nepote V, Rowley D, Levacher B, Zvara A, Santha M, et al. Murine peripherin gene sequences direct Cre recombinase expression to peripheral neurons in transgenic mice. FEBS Lett. 2002;523:68-72 pubmed..Thus, the peripherin-Cre mouse described here will provide a valuable tool for Cre-loxP-mediated conditional expression in the peripheral nervous system. ..
- Kwon C, Zhou J, Li Y, Kim K, Hensley L, Baker S, et al. Neuron-specific enolase-cre mouse line with cre activity in specific neuronal populations. Genesis. 2006;44:130-5 pubmed..Cre activity was assayed in several internal organs and sporadic activity was limited to the kidney and testis. We conclude that these cre lines will be useful for studying loss of gene function in specific neuronal populations. ..
- Forni P, Taylor Burds C, Melvin V, Williams T, Williams T, Wray S. Neural crest and ectodermal cells intermix in the nasal placode to give rise to GnRH-1 neurons, sensory neurons, and olfactory ensheathing cells. J Neurosci. 2011;31:6915-27 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the results indicate that certain conditions that impact olfaction and sexual development, such as Kallmann syndrome, may be in part neurocristopathies...
- Lee Y, Petkova A, Mottillo E, Granneman J. In vivo identification of bipotential adipocyte progenitors recruited by ?3-adrenoceptor activation and high-fat feeding. Cell Metab. 2012;15:480-91 pubmed publisher..The identification of PDGFR?(+) cells as bipotential adipocyte progenitors will enable further investigation of mechanisms that promote therapeutic cellular remodeling in adult WAT. ..
- Saab A, Neumeyer A, Jahn H, Cupido A, Simek A, Boele H, et al. Bergmann glial AMPA receptors are required for fine motor coordination. Science. 2012;337:749-53 pubmed publisher..The physiological and structural changes were accompanied by behavioral impairments in fine motor coordination. Thus, BG AMPARs are essential to optimize synaptic integration and cerebellar output function throughout life. ..
- Rothermel M, Brunert D, Zabawa C, Díaz Quesada M, Wachowiak M. Transgene expression in target-defined neuron populations mediated by retrograde infection with adeno-associated viral vectors. J Neurosci. 2013;33:15195-206 pubmed publisher..These results establish a widely accessible tool for achieving combinatorial specificity and stable, long-term transgene expression to isolate precisely defined neuron populations in the intact animal. ..
- Brown C, Feiner L, Lu M, Li J, Ma X, Webber A, et al. PlexinA2 and semaphorin signaling during cardiac neural crest development. Development. 2001;128:3071-80 pubmed..These data suggest a parallel between the function of semaphorin signaling in the central nervous system and in the patterning of cardiac neural crest in the periphery. ..
- Carroll T, Park J, Hayashi S, Majumdar A, McMahon A. Wnt9b plays a central role in the regulation of mesenchymal to epithelial transitions underlying organogenesis of the mammalian urogenital system. Dev Cell. 2005;9:283-92 pubmed..Together these findings suggest that Wnt9b is a common organizing signal regulating diverse components of the mammalian urogenital system...
- Mukouyama Y, Deneen B, Lukaszewicz A, Novitch B, Wichterle H, Jessell T, et al. Olig2+ neuroepithelial motoneuron progenitors are not multipotent stem cells in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:1551-6 pubmed..These results do not support the commonly held view that most neuroepithelial cells in the embryonic CNS VZ are stem cells in vivo. ..
- Zhang Y, Huang G, Shornick L, Roswit W, Shipley J, Brody S, et al. A transgenic FOXJ1-Cre system for gene inactivation in ciliated epithelial cells. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2007;36:515-9 pubmed..It should prove extremely useful for defining ciliated cell function in airway mucosal immunity as well as development and reproduction. ..
- Jonassen J, San Agustin J, Follit J, Pazour G. Deletion of IFT20 in the mouse kidney causes misorientation of the mitotic spindle and cystic kidney disease. J Cell Biol. 2008;183:377-84 pubmed publisher..At later stages, cells lacking cilia have increased canonical Wnt signaling and increased rates of proliferation. Thus, IFT20 functions to couple extracellular events to cell proliferation and differentiation. ..
- Zouvelou V, Passa O, Segklia K, Tsalavos S, Valenzuela D, Economides A, et al. Generation and functional characterization of mice with a conditional BMP7 allele. Int J Dev Biol. 2009;53:597-603 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study validates the usefulness of the Bmp7(flx/flx) mouse which in turn should empower in vivo studies aimed at elucidating the roles of Bmp7 in postnatal development, homeostasis and disease. ..
- Bersell K, Arab S, Haring B, Kuhn B. Neuregulin1/ErbB4 signaling induces cardiomyocyte proliferation and repair of heart injury. Cell. 2009;138:257-70 pubmed publisher..Undifferentiated progenitor cells did not contribute to NRG1-induced cardiomyocyte proliferation. Thus, increasing the activity of the NRG1/ErbB4 signaling pathway may provide a molecular strategy to promote myocardial regeneration. ..
- Lucas T, Waisman A, Ranjan R, Roes J, Krieg T, Muller W, et al. Differential roles of macrophages in diverse phases of skin repair. J Immunol. 2010;184:3964-77 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that macrophages exert distinct functions during the diverse phases of skin repair, which are crucial to control the natural sequence of repair events. ..
- Medina P, NOLDE M, Slack F. OncomiR addiction in an in vivo model of microRNA-21-induced pre-B-cell lymphoma. Nature. 2010;467:86-90 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that tumours can become addicted to oncomiRs and support efforts to treat human cancers through pharmacological inactivation of miRNAs such as miR-21. ..
- Gautron L, Sakata I, Udit S, Zigman J, Wood J, Elmquist J. Genetic tracing of Nav1.8-expressing vagal afferents in the mouse. J Comp Neurol. 2011;519:3085-101 pubmed publisher..8-expressing vagal neurons in gastrointestinal functions. ..
- Madison B, Dunbar L, Qiao X, Braunstein K, Braunstein E, Gumucio D. Cis elements of the villin gene control expression in restricted domains of the vertical (crypt) and horizontal (duodenum, cecum) axes of the intestine. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:33275-83 pubmed
- Badea T, Wang Y, Nathans J. A noninvasive genetic/pharmacologic strategy for visualizing cell morphology and clonal relationships in the mouse. J Neurosci. 2003;23:2314-22 pubmed..Histochemical visualization of alkaline phosphatase activity reveals neuronal morphology with strong and uniform labeling of all processes. ..
- Ohyama T, Mohamed O, Taketo M, Dufort D, Groves A. Wnt signals mediate a fate decision between otic placode and epidermis. Development. 2006;133:865-75 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that Wnt signaling acts instructively to direct Pax2(+) cells to an otic placodal, rather than an epidermal, fate and promotes dorsal cell identities in the otocyst. ..
- Patel V, Li L, Cobo Stark P, Shao X, Somlo S, Lin F, et al. Acute kidney injury and aberrant planar cell polarity induce cyst formation in mice lacking renal cilia. Hum Mol Genet. 2008;17:1578-90 pubmed publisher..We conclude that primary cilia are required for the maintenance of planar cell polarity in the mammalian kidney and that acute kidney injury exacerbates cystic disease...
- Fukuda M, Jones J, Olson D, Hill J, Lee C, Gautron L, et al. Monitoring FoxO1 localization in chemically identified neurons. J Neurosci. 2008;28:13640-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, our FoxO1GFP mouse provides a tool for monitoring the status of PI3K-Akt signaling in a cell-specific manner under physiological and pathophysiological conditions. ..
- Nowell C, Bredenkamp N, Tételin S, Jin X, Tischner C, Vaidya H, et al. Foxn1 regulates lineage progression in cortical and medullary thymic epithelial cells but is dispensable for medullary sublineage divergence. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002348 pubmed publisher..Our novel revertible hypomorph system may be similarly applied to analyzing other regulators of development. ..
- Tanaka T, Komai Y, Tokuyama Y, Yanai H, Ohe S, Okazaki K, et al. Identification of stem cells that maintain and regenerate lingual keratinized epithelial cells. Nat Cell Biol. 2013;15:511-8 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that the stem cells identified in this study are important for tissue maintenance and regeneration of the lingual epithelium...
- Soriano P. Generalized lacZ expression with the ROSA26 Cre reporter strain. Nat Genet. 1999;21:70-1 pubmed
- Theis M, de Wit C, Schlaeger T, Eckardt D, Kruger O, Doring B, et al. Endothelium-specific replacement of the connexin43 coding region by a lacZ reporter gene. Genesis. 2001;29:1-13 pubmed..Our results show that lacZ activation after deletion of the target gene allows us to determine the extent of cell type-specific deletion after phenotypical investigation of the same animal. ..
- Burlison J, Long Q, Fujitani Y, Wright C, Magnuson M. Pdx-1 and Ptf1a concurrently determine fate specification of pancreatic multipotent progenitor cells. Dev Biol. 2008;316:74-86 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these studies indicate that Pdx-1 and Ptf1a have distinct but interdependent functions during pancreatic MPC specification. ..
- Lim D, Huang Y, Swigut T, Mirick A, Garcia Verdugo J, Wysocka J, et al. Chromatin remodelling factor Mll1 is essential for neurogenesis from postnatal neural stem cells. Nature. 2009;458:529-33 pubmed publisher..These data support a model in which Mll1 is required to resolve key silenced bivalent loci in postnatal neural precursors to the actively transcribed state for the induction of neurogenesis, but not for gliogenesis. ..
- Narni Mancinelli E, Chaix J, Fenis A, Kerdiles Y, Yessaad N, Reynders A, et al. Fate mapping analysis of lymphoid cells expressing the NKp46 cell surface receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:18324-9 pubmed publisher..Finally, Nkp46(iCre) mice also represent a unique mouse model of conditional mutagenesis specifically in NKp46(+) cells, paving the way for further developments in the biology of NKp46(+) NK, T, and NKR(+)ROR-?t(+) cells. ..
- Clarke L, Young K, Hamilton N, Li H, Richardson W, Attwell D. Properties and fate of oligodendrocyte progenitor cells in the corpus callosum, motor cortex, and piriform cortex of the mouse. J Neurosci. 2012;32:8173-85 pubmed publisher..These OPCs generated OLs but did not generate neurons in the aPC or elsewhere at any time that we examined. ..
- Rahrmann E, Watson A, Keng V, Choi K, Moriarity B, Beckmann D, et al. Forward genetic screen for malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor formation identifies new genes and pathways driving tumorigenesis. Nat Genet. 2013;45:756-66 pubmed publisher..Lastly, we identified several new proto-oncogenes, including Foxr2 (encoding forkhead box R2), which we functionally validated as a proto-oncogene involved in MPNST maintenance. ..
- Chen J, Mortimer J, Marley J, Goldhamer D. MyoD-cre transgenic mice: a model for conditional mutagenesis and lineage tracing of skeletal muscle. Genesis. 2005;41:116-21 pubmed..Nascent muscle fibers were labeled following injury of adult muscle, indicating recombination in satellite cells or their daughters in vivo. ..
- Weng D, Zhang Y, Hayashi Y, Kuan C, Liu C, Babcock G, et al. Promiscuous recombination of LoxP alleles during gametogenesis in cornea Cre driver mice. Mol Vis. 2008;14:562-71 pubmed..Thereby, target-floxed allele(s) may be ubiquitously ablated in experimental animals intended for tissue-specific gene deletion. Gametogenesis-associated recombination should always be examined in tissue-specific gene ablation studies. ..
- Lin C, Yin Y, Bell S, Veith G, Chen H, Huh S, et al. Delineating a conserved genetic cassette promoting outgrowth of body appendages. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003231 pubmed publisher..These observations indicate that a conserved WNT-SP8-FGF8 genetic cassette is employed by both appendages for promoting outgrowth, and suggest a deep homology shared by the limb and external genitalia. ..
- Surzenko N, Crowl T, Bachleda A, Langer L, Pevny L. SOX2 maintains the quiescent progenitor cell state of postnatal retinal Muller glia. Development. 2013;140:1445-56 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results uncouple the roles of SOX2 and the Notch signaling pathway in the postnatal retina, and uncover a novel role for SOX2 in preventing the depletion of postnatal Müller glia through terminal cell division. ..
- Peltzer N, Rieser E, Taraborrelli L, Dráber P, Darding M, Pernaute B, et al. HOIP deficiency causes embryonic lethality by aberrant TNFR1-mediated endothelial cell death. Cell Rep. 2014;9:153-65 pubmed publisher..Hence, LUBAC and its linear-ubiquitin-forming activity are required for maintaining vascular integrity during embryogenesis by preventing TNFR1-mediated endothelial cell death. ..
- Iwawaki T, Akai R, Yamanaka S, Kohno K. Function of IRE1 alpha in the placenta is essential for placental development and embryonic viability. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:16657-62 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal that IRE1alpha plays an essential function in extraembryonic tissues and highlight the relationship of physiological ER stress and angiogenesis in the placenta during pregnancy in mammals. ..
- Chang J, Xiao Y, Hu H, Jin J, Yu J, Zhou X, et al. Ubc13 maintains the suppressive function of regulatory T cells and prevents their conversion into effector-like T cells. Nat Immunol. 2012;13:481-90 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings suggest that the Ubc13-IKK signaling axis regulates the molecular program that maintains Treg cell function and prevents Treg cells from acquiring inflammatory phenotypes. ..
- Rothermel M, Carey R, Puche A, Shipley M, Wachowiak M. Cholinergic inputs from Basal forebrain add an excitatory bias to odor coding in the olfactory bulb. J Neurosci. 2014;34:4654-64 pubmed publisher..These results are consistent with a role for the basal forebrain cholinergic system in dynamically regulating the sensitivity to or salience of odors during active sensing of the olfactory environment. ..
- Calo E, Quintero Estades J, Danielian P, Nedelcu S, Berman S, Lees J. Rb regulates fate choice and lineage commitment in vivo. Nature. 2010;466:1110-4 pubmed publisher..Here we use mouse models to address this hypothesis in mesenchymal tissue development and tumorigenesis. Our data show that Rb status plays a key role in establishing fate choice between bone and brown adipose tissue in vivo. ..
- Wörtge S, Eshkind L, Cabezas Wallscheid N, Lakaye B, Kim J, Heck R, et al. Tetracycline-controlled transgene activation using the ROSA26-iM2-GFP knock-in mouse strain permits GFP monitoring of DOX-regulated transgene-expression. BMC Dev Biol. 2010;10:95 pubmed publisher..Among the presently available gene switches, the tetracycline-regulated system has attracted considerable interest because of its unique potential for reversible and adjustable gene regulation...
- Wong S, Reiter J. Wounding mobilizes hair follicle stem cells to form tumors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:4093-8 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that BCC-like tumors can originate from follicular stem cells and provide an explanation for the association between wounding and tumorigenesis. ..
- Cherrier M, Sawa S, Eberl G. Notch, Id2, and ROR?t sequentially orchestrate the fetal development of lymphoid tissue inducer cells. J Exp Med. 2012;209:729-40 pubmed publisher..Notch is therefore a necessary switch to engage the LTi developmental pathway, but needs to be turned off later to avoid diversion to the T cell fate...
- Humphreys B, Lin S, Kobayashi A, Hudson T, Nowlin B, Bonventre J, et al. Fate tracing reveals the pericyte and not epithelial origin of myofibroblasts in kidney fibrosis. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:85-97 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that therapeutic strategies directly targeting pericyte differentiation in vivo may productively impact fibrotic kidney disease. ..
- Wang X, Cunningham M, Zhang X, Tokarz S, Laraway B, Troxell M, et al. Phosphorylation regulates c-Myc's oncogenic activity in the mammary gland. Cancer Res. 2011;71:925-36 pubmed publisher..express either c-Myc(WT) or the c-Myc(T58A) or c-Myc(S62A) phosphorylation mutant from the constitutively active ROSA26 locus in response to Cre recombinase to study the role of these phosphorylation sites in vivo...
- Banga A, Akinci E, Greder L, Dutton J, Slack J. In vivo reprogramming of Sox9+ cells in the liver to insulin-secreting ducts. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:15336-41 pubmed..This work confirms that developmentally related cells can be reprogrammed by suitable transcription factors and also suggests a unique therapy for diabetes. ..
- Alves C, Sanz A, Park B, Pellissier L, Tanimoto N, Beck S, et al. Loss of CRB2 in the mouse retina mimics human retinitis pigmentosa due to mutations in the CRB1 gene. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:35-50 pubmed publisher..The data suggest an essential role for CRB2 in proper lamination of the photoreceptor layer and suppression of proliferation of late-born retinal progenitor cells...
- Desai B, Oliver Krasinski J, De Leon D, Farzad C, Hong N, Leach S, et al. Preexisting pancreatic acinar cells contribute to acinar cell, but not islet beta cell, regeneration. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:971-7 pubmed..These results indicate that mature acinar cells harbor a facultative acinar but not endocrine progenitor capacity. ..
- Tang W, Zeve D, Suh J, Bosnakovski D, Kyba M, Hammer R, et al. White fat progenitor cells reside in the adipose vasculature. Science. 2008;322:583-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, the adipose vasculature appears to function as a progenitor niche and may provide signals for adipocyte development...
- Lepper C, Partridge T, Fan C. An absolute requirement for Pax7-positive satellite cells in acute injury-induced skeletal muscle regeneration. Development. 2011;138:3639-46 pubmed publisher..It remains to be established whether there is any significant role for stem cells of other origins. The implications of our results for muscle stem cell-based therapy are discussed. ..
- Benner E, Luciano D, Jo R, Abdi K, Paez Gonzalez P, Sheng H, et al. Protective astrogenesis from the SVZ niche after injury is controlled by Notch modulator Thbs4. Nature. 2013;497:369-73 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings have important implications for post-injury applications of endogenous and transplanted NSCs in the therapeutic setting, as well as disease states where Thbs family members have important roles...
- Murray S, Oram K, Gridley T. Multiple functions of Snail family genes during palate development in mice. Development. 2007;134:1789-97 pubmed
- Mugford J, Sipila P, McMahon J, McMahon A. Osr1 expression demarcates a multi-potent population of intermediate mesoderm that undergoes progressive restriction to an Osr1-dependent nephron progenitor compartment within the mammalian kidney. Dev Biol. 2008;324:88-98 pubmed publisher..These studies provide new insights into the cellular origins of metanephric kidney structures and lend support to a model where Osr1 function is limited to establishing the nephron progenitor pool. ..
- Mourikis P, Sambasivan R, Castel D, Rocheteau P, Bizzarro V, Tajbakhsh S. A critical requirement for notch signaling in maintenance of the quiescent skeletal muscle stem cell state. Stem Cells. 2012;30:243-52 pubmed publisher..This study establishes Notch signaling pathway as the first regulator of cellular quiescence in adult muscle stem cells. ..
- Harfe B, Scherz P, Nissim S, Tian H, McMahon A, Tabin C. Evidence for an expansion-based temporal Shh gradient in specifying vertebrate digit identities. Cell. 2004;118:517-28 pubmed..Genetic studies of the effects of limiting accessibility of Shh within the limb support this model, in which the effect of the Shh morphogen is dictated by a temporal as well as a spatial gradient. ..
- Zhou Z, Flesken Nikitin A, Nikitin A. Prostate cancer associated with p53 and Rb deficiency arises from the stem/progenitor cell-enriched proximal region of prostatic ducts. Cancer Res. 2007;67:5683-90 pubmed..These findings indicate that p53 and Rb are critically important for the regulation of the prostatic stem cell compartment, the transformation in which may lead to particularly aggressive cancers in the context of microenvironment. ..
- Tang M, Miyamoto Y, Huang E. Multiple roles of beta-catenin in controlling the neurogenic niche for midbrain dopamine neurons. Development. 2009;136:2027-38 pubmed publisher..They also suggest that beta-catenin-mediated signaling pathways can be targeted to promote and expand DA neurons in cell-based therapeutic strategies. ..
- Parsa S, Kuremoto K, Seidel K, Tabatabai R, MacKenzie B, Yamaza T, et al. Signaling by FGFR2b controls the regenerative capacity of adult mouse incisors. Development. 2010;137:3743-52 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results demonstrate that FGFR2b signaling regulates both the establishment of the incisor stem cell niches in the embryo and the regenerative capacity of incisors in the adult. ..
- Tong Q, Ye C, McCrimmon R, Dhillon H, Choi B, Kramer M, et al. Synaptic glutamate release by ventromedial hypothalamic neurons is part of the neurocircuitry that prevents hypoglycemia. Cell Metab. 2007;5:383-93 pubmed..Thus, glutamate release from VMH neurons is an important component of the neurocircuitry that functions to prevent hypoglycemia. ..
- Reuter M, Berninger P, Chuma S, Shah H, Hosokawa M, Funaya C, et al. Miwi catalysis is required for piRNA amplification-independent LINE1 transposon silencing. Nature. 2011;480:264-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, Piwi proteins seem to act in a two-pronged mammalian transposon silencing strategy: one promotes transcriptional repression in the embryo, the other reinforces silencing at the post-transcriptional level after birth. ..
- Calado D, Sasaki Y, Godinho S, Pellerin A, Köchert K, Sleckman B, et al. The cell-cycle regulator c-Myc is essential for the formation and maintenance of germinal centers. Nat Immunol. 2012;13:1092-100 pubmed publisher..As these translocations are generally dependent on transcription of the recombining partner loci, the c-Myc(+) GC subpopulations may be at a particularly high risk for malignant transformation...
- Jamin S, Arango N, Mishina Y, Hanks M, Behringer R. Requirement of Bmpr1a for Müllerian duct regression during male sexual development. Nat Genet. 2002;32:408-10 pubmed..Because Bmpr1a is evolutionarily conserved, these findings indicate that a component of the BMP signaling pathway has been co-opted during evolution for male sexual development in amniotes. ..
- Seale P, Bjork B, Yang W, Kajimura S, Chin S, Kuang S, et al. PRDM16 controls a brown fat/skeletal muscle switch. Nature. 2008;454:961-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that PRDM16 specifies the brown fat lineage from a progenitor that expresses myoblast markers and is not involved in white adipogenesis. ..
- Kobayashi A, Valerius M, Mugford J, Carroll T, Self M, Oliver G, et al. Six2 defines and regulates a multipotent self-renewing nephron progenitor population throughout mammalian kidney development. Cell Stem Cell. 2008;3:169-81 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our observations suggest that Six2 activity cell-autonomously regulates a multipotent nephron progenitor population. ..
- Ruest L, Clouthier D. Elucidating timing and function of endothelin-A receptor signaling during craniofacial development using neural crest cell-specific gene deletion and receptor antagonism. Dev Biol. 2009;328:94-108 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that the advent of Ednra signaling in cranial NCCs may have been a crucial event in the evolution of the mammalian middle ear ossicles. ..
- Ohnmacht C, Pullner A, King S, Drexler I, Meier S, Brocker T, et al. Constitutive ablation of dendritic cells breaks self-tolerance of CD4 T cells and results in spontaneous fatal autoimmunity. J Exp Med. 2009;206:549-59 pubmed publisher..diphtheria toxin A (DTA) under the control of a loxP-flanked neomycin resistance (neo(R)) cassette from the ROSA26 locus...
- Price A, Liang H, Sullivan B, Reinhardt R, Eisley C, Erle D, et al. Systemically dispersed innate IL-13-expressing cells in type 2 immunity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:11489-94 pubmed publisher..Widely dispersed innate type 2 helper cells, which we designate Ih2 cells, play an integral role in type 2 immune responses. ..
- Dietrich M, Antunes C, Geliang G, Liu Z, Borok E, Nie Y, et al. Agrp neurons mediate Sirt1's action on the melanocortin system and energy balance: roles for Sirt1 in neuronal firing and synaptic plasticity. J Neurosci. 2010;30:11815-25 pubmed publisher..The present data indicate that Sirt1 has a central mode of action by acting on the NPY/Agrp neurons to affect body metabolism. ..
- Jiang X, Rowitch D, Soriano P, McMahon A, Sucov H. Fate of the mammalian cardiac neural crest. Development. 2000;127:1607-16 pubmed
- Machold R, Fishell G. Math1 is expressed in temporally discrete pools of cerebellar rhombic-lip neural progenitors. Neuron. 2005;48:17-24 pubmed..Thus, we demonstrate that the cerebellar rhombic lip gives rise to multiple cell types within rhombomere 1. ..
- Spassky N, Han Y, Aguilar A, Strehl L, Besse L, Laclef C, et al. Primary cilia are required for cerebellar development and Shh-dependent expansion of progenitor pool. Dev Biol. 2008;317:246-59 pubmed publisher..Dysfunctional cilia are associated with diverse human disorders including Bardet-Biedl and Joubert syndromes. Cerebellar abnormalities observed in these patients could be explained by defects in Shh-induced GCP expansion. ..
- Lu P, Ewald A, Martin G, Werb Z. Genetic mosaic analysis reveals FGF receptor 2 function in terminal end buds during mammary gland branching morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2008;321:77-87 pubmed publisher..Together, our data demonstrate that Fgfr2 functions in the proliferating and invading TEBs, but it is not required in the mature ducts of the pubertal mammary gland. ..
- Satoh Takayama N, Lesjean Pottier S, Vieira P, Sawa S, Eberl G, Vosshenrich C, et al. IL-7 and IL-15 independently program the differentiation of intestinal CD3-NKp46+ cell subsets from Id2-dependent precursors. J Exp Med. 2010;207:273-80 pubmed publisher..1(-)Rorc(+) cells are not canonical NK cell precursors. These studies highlight the independent cytokine regulation of functionally diverse intestinal NKp46(+) cell subsets...