Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gsta4
Description: glutathione S-transferase, alpha 4
Alias: GST5.7, mGsta4, GST A4-4, GST class-alpha member 4, GSTA4-4, glutathione S-transferase 5.7, glutathione S-transferase A4
- Physiological role of mGSTA4-4, a glutathione S-transferase metabolizing 4-hydroxynonenal: generation and analysis of mGsta4 null mouseMark R Engle
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, and Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 194:296-308. 2004..This reaction is catalyzed by specialized glutathione S-transferases (GSTs) exemplified by the murine mGSTA4-4...
- Loss of glutathione S-transferase A4 accelerates obstruction-induced tubule damage and renal fibrosisAnlin Liang
Nephrology Division, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA Department of Orthopaedics, First Affiliated Hospital of Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, China
J Pathol 228:448-58. 2012Glutathione transferase isozyme A4 (GSTA4) exhibits high catalytic efficiency to metabolize 4-hydroxynonenal (4-HNE), a highly reactive lipid peroxidation product that has been implicated in the pathogenesis of various chronic diseases...
- Down-regulation of glutatione S-transferase α 4 (hGSTA4) in the muscle of thermally injured patients is indicative of susceptibility to bacterial infectionYiorgos Apidianakis
Department of Surgery, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
FASEB J 26:730-7. 2012..we demonstrate that the presence of a burn wound dramatically affects expression of both human (hGSTA4) and mouse (mGsta4) 4HNE scavengers...
- A role for chromosomal protein HMGN1 in corneal maturationYehudit Birger
National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Differentiation 74:19-29. 2006..We suggest that interaction of HMGN1 with chromatin modulates the fidelity of gene expression and affects corneal development and maturation...
- Role of the electrophilic lipid peroxidation product 4-hydroxynonenal in the development and maintenance of obesity in miceSharda P Singh
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205, USA
Biochemistry 47:3900-11. 2008..In this paper, we report that disruption of mGsta4, a gene encoding the 4-HNE-conjugating enzyme mGSTA4-4, causes increased 4-HNE tissue levels and is accompanied by ..
- 4-Hydroxynonenal induces p53-mediated apoptosis in retinal pigment epithelial cellsAbha Sharma
Department of Molecular Biology and Immunology, RES 416G, University of North Texas Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Boulevard, Fort Worth, TX 76107, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 480:85-94. 2008..Our results also show that the induction of p53 in tissues of mGsta4 (-/-) mice correlate with elevated levels of 4-HNE due to its impaired metabolism...
- Protective role of glutathione S-transferase A4 induced in copper/zinc-superoxide dismutase knockout miceDaisaku Yoshihara
Department of Biochemistry, Hyogo College of Medicine, 1 1 Mukogawa cho, Nishinomiya, Hyogo 663 8501, Japan
Free Radic Biol Med 47:559-67. 2009..A gene remarkably elevated in SOD1 KO mouse kidneys was identified as the glutathione S-transferase Alpha 4 gene (Gsta4), which encodes the GSTA4 subunit...
- Disruption of the mGsta4 gene increases life span of C57BL miceSharda P Singh
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 4301 West Markham Street, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 65:14-23. 2010..of 4-HNE disposal is via glutathione conjugation, in the mouse catalyzed primarily by glutathione transferase mGSTA4-4. Unexpectedly, mGsta4-null mice, in which 4-HNE detoxification is impaired, have an extended life span...
- Downregulation of adipose glutathione S-transferase A4 leads to increased protein carbonylation, oxidative stress, and mitochondrial dysfunctionJessica M Curtis
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biophysics, The University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Diabetes 59:1132-42. 2010..The primary enzymatic method for lipid aldehyde detoxification is via glutathione S-transferase A4 (GSTA4) dependent glutathionylation...
- Genetic analysis of cytoprotective functions supported by graded expression of Keap1Keiko Taguchi
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 1 Seiryo cho, Aoba ku, Sendai, Miyagi, 980 8575, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 30:3016-26. 2010..These results support our contention that the benefits of Nrf2 activation in acute toxicity are hormetic and that constitutive Nrf2 activation beyond a certain threshold is rather disadvantageous to long-term survival...
- 2-Aminoethoxydiphenyl borate administration into the nostril alleviates murine allergic rhinitisLin Lin
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Huashan Hospital of Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Am J Otolaryngol 32:318-28. 2011..In this study, we examined whether the intervention of Orai1 pathway was capable of controlling IgE-mediated allergic reactions by using AR mice models...
- Evidence that Gsta4 modifies susceptibility to skin tumor development in mice and humansErika L Abel
Department of Carcinogenesis, Science Park Research Division, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Smithville, TX, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 102:1663-75. 2010..Here, we used the mouse two-stage skin carcinogenesis model to identify the gene(s) responsible for the effects of Psl1...
- Activation of C-Jun N-terminal kinase is required for glutathione transferase A4 induction during oxidative stress, not during cell proliferation, in mouse hepatocytesFabienne Desmots
INSERM U620, Universite de Rennes I, IFR140, France
FEBS Lett 579:5691-6. 2005Expression of the mouse glutathione transferase Alpha 4 (mGSTA4) has been studied during hepatocyte isolation and in cultured hepatocytes...
- The distal sequence element of the selenocysteine tRNA gene is a tissue-dependent enhancer essential for mouse embryogenesisVincent P Kelly
Center for TARA, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennoudai, Tsukuba 305 8577, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 25:3658-69. 2005..Together, our data demonstrate that the DSE is a tissue-dependent regulatory element of tRNA(Sec) expression and that its activity is vital for sufficient tRNA(Sec) production during mouse embryogenesis...
- Smad3-ATF3 signaling mediates TGF-beta suppression of genes encoding Phase II detoxifying proteinsAndrei V Bakin
Department of Cancer Genetics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 38:375-87. 2005....
- Characterization of a novel glutathione S-transferase isoenzyme from mouse lung and liver having structural similarity to rat glutathione S-transferase 8-8R D Medh
Department of Human Biological Chemistry and Genetics, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77550
Biochem J 278:793-9. 1991..These studies suggest that mouse GST 5.7 structurally corresponds to rat GST 8-8 and belongs to the Alpha class...
- Estimation of genomic complexity, heterologous expression, and enzymatic characterization of mouse glutathione S-transferase mGSTA4-4 (GST 5.7)P Zimniak
Department of Medicine, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock
J Biol Chem 269:992-1000. 1994We have previously isolated a cDNA clone for a unique mouse lung glutathione S-transferase, mGSTA4-4 (GST 5.7) (Zimniak, P., Eckles, M. A., Saxena, M., and Awasthi, Y. C. (1992) FEBS Lett. 313, 173-176)...
- Crystal structure of a murine alpha-class glutathione S-transferase involved in cellular defense against oxidative stressU Krengel
BIOSON Research Institute, Department of Chemistry, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
FEBS Lett 422:285-90. 1998..Here, we report the crystal structure of murine GSTA4-4, which is the first structure of a prototypical member of this subgroup...
- Characterization of genes which exhibit reduced expression during the retinoic acid-induced differentiation of F9 teratocarcinoma cells: involvement of cyclin D3 in RA-mediated growth arrestT N Faria
Department of Pharmacology, Cornell University Medical College, New York, NY 10021, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 143:155-66. 1998....
- Crystal structure of a murine glutathione S-transferase in complex with a glutathione conjugate of 4-hydroxynon-2-enal in one subunit and glutathione in the other: evidence of signaling across the dimer interfaceB Xiao
ABL Basic Research Program, NCI Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Maryland 21702, USA
Biochemistry 38:11887-94. 1999b>mGSTA4-4, a murine glutathione S-transferase (GST) exhibiting high activity in conjugating the lipid peroxidation product 4-hydroxynon-2-enal (4-HNE) with glutathione (GSH), was crystallized in complex with the GSH conjugate of 4-HNE (GS-..
- Verification and initial annotation of the NIA mouse 15K cDNA clone setG J Kargul
Nat Genet 28:17-8. 2001
- Hybridization of alpha class subunits generating a functional glutathione transferase A1-4 heterodimerAnn Gustafsson
Department of Biochemistry, Uppsala University, Biomedical Center, SE 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
J Mol Biol 316:395-406. 2002..The non-additive kinetic properties of the subunits in the heterodimer therefore highlight the importance of fine-tuned subunit interactions for optimal catalytic efficiency of GST A1-1 and GST A4-4...
- Pro-inflammatory cytokines tumor necrosis factor alpha and interleukin-6 and survival factor epidermal growth factor positively regulate the murine GSTA4 enzyme in hepatocytesFabienne Desmots
INSERM U456, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite de Rennes I, 35043 Rennes Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 277:17892-900. 2002..Using confocal microscopy immunolocalization and subcellular fractionation, mGSTA4 was demonstrated in both mitochondria and cytosol and found preferentially increased in cytosol during liver ..
- Multiple isoforms of mitochondrial glutathione S-transferases and their differential induction under oxidative stressHaider Raza
Department of Animal Biology and the Mari Lowe Center for Comparative Oncology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6047, U S A
Biochem J 366:45-55. 2002..S-transferase (GST) pool in mouse liver mitochondria, and have purified three distinct forms of GST: GSTA1-1 and GSTA4-4 of the Alpha family, and GSTM1-1 belonging to the Mu family...
- Phosphorylation enhances mitochondrial targeting of GSTA4-4 through increased affinity for binding to cytoplasmic Hsp70Marie Anne Robin
Department of Animal Biology and the Mari Lowe Center for Comparative Oncology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 278:18960-70. 2003Recently we showed that three different isoforms of cytosolic glutathione S-transferases (GST), including GSTA4-4, are also localized in the mitochondrial compartment...
- A subgroup of class alpha glutathione S-transferases. Cloning of cDNA for mouse lung glutathione S-transferase GST 5.7P Zimniak
Department of Medicine, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock 72205
FEBS Lett 313:173-6. 1992..They share a substrate specificity profile that resembles pi-class enzymes, and are active in the conjugation of lipid peroxidation products...
- Mechanisms of TGFbeta-mediated fibroblastic transitionAndrei Bakin; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed research will help to define the TGFbeta signaling network and will facilitate the design of novel selective inhibition of TGFbeta's tumor promoting activity. ..