Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Grk3
Description: G protein-coupled receptor kinase 3
Alias: 4833444A01Rik, AI851927, AW551196, Adrbk-2, Adrbk2, Bark-2, beta-adrenergic receptor kinase 2, adrenergic receptor kinase, beta 2, beta ARK2, beta-ARK-2
- Oritani K, Kanakura Y, Aoyama K, Yokota T, Copeland N, Gilbert D, et al. Matrix glycoprotein SC1/ECM2 augments B lymphopoiesis. Blood. 1997;90:3404-13 pubmed..Although the C-terminal portion of SC1/ECM2 has sequence homology to osteonectin/SPARC, the unique N-terminal one fifth of the protein was sufficient to augment lymphocyte growth. ..
- Peppel K, Boekhoff I, McDonald P, Breer H, Caron M, Lefkowitz R. G protein-coupled receptor kinase 3 (GRK3) gene disruption leads to loss of odorant receptor desensitization. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:25425-8 pubmed..JR., Lefkowitz, R. J. Caron, M. G., and Giros, B. (1996) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 93, 12974-12979), GRK3 deletion allows for normal embryonic and postnatal development...
- George A, Bannon L, Sabsay B, Dillon J, Malone J, Veis A, et al. The carboxyl-terminal domain of phosphophoryn contains unique extended triplet amino acid repeat sequences forming ordered carboxyl-phosphate interaction ridges that may be essential in the biomineralization process. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:32869-73 pubmed..These two domains and the colocalization of Dmp1 and Dmp2 genes at a position equivalent to the dentinogenesis imperfecta type II location on human 4q21 all suggest that the PPs are indeed involved in some aspect of ECM mineralization. ..
- Baskaran K, Erfurth F, Taborn G, Copeland N, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, et al. Cloning and developmental expression of the murine homolog of the acute leukemia proto-oncogene AF4. Oncogene. 1997;15:1967-78 pubmed..Among the cell types where this pattern of down-regulation is noted are B-lymphocytes. These findings raise the possibility that the disruption of normal AF4 function by the translocation may contribute to leukemogenesis. ..
- Cho M, Rao M, Koch W, Thomas S, Palmiter R, Rockman H. Enhanced contractility and decreased beta-adrenergic receptor kinase-1 in mice lacking endogenous norepinephrine and epinephrine. Circulation. 1999;99:2702-7 pubmed..This animal model will be valuable in testing whether NE is required for the pathogenesis of heart failure through mating strategies that cross the dbh-/- mouse into genetically engineered models of heart failure. ..
- Haga T, Haga K, Kameyama K. G protein--coupled receptor kinases. J Neurochem. 1994;63:400-12 pubmed
- Bruchas M, Land B, Aita M, Xu M, Barot S, Li S, et al. Stress-induced p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase activation mediates kappa-opioid-dependent dysphoria. J Neurosci. 2007;27:11614-23 pubmed..Our results indicate that activation of p38 MAPK signaling by the endogenous dynorphin-kappa-opioid system likely constitutes a key component of the molecular mechanisms mediating the aversive properties of stress. ..
- Vinge L, von Lueder T, Aasum E, Qvigstad E, Gravning J, How O, et al. Cardiac-restricted expression of the carboxyl-terminal fragment of GRK3 Uncovers Distinct Functions of GRK3 in regulation of cardiac contractility and growth: GRK3 controls cardiac alpha1-adrenergic receptor responsiveness. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:10601-10 pubmed publisherG protein-coupled receptor kinase-2 and -3 (GRK2 and GRK3) in cardiac myocytes catalyze phosphorylation and desensitization of different G protein-coupled receptors through specificity controlled by their carboxyl-terminal pleckstrin ..
- Hughes R, Anderson K, Kiel D, Insel P. Cloning of GRK2 cDNA from S49 murine lymphoma cells. Am J Physiol. 1996;270:C885-91 pubmed..We have cloned GRK2 from S49 mouse lymphoma cells. The nucleotide sequences of rat GRK2 and GRK3 were aligned and conserved primers chosen for use in reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) of ..
- Melief E, Miyatake M, Bruchas M, Chavkin C. Ligand-directed c-Jun N-terminal kinase activation disrupts opioid receptor signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:11608-13 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that ligand-directed activation of JNK kinases may generally provides an alternate mode of G protein-coupled receptor regulation. ..
- Koch W, Rockman H, Samama P, Hamilton R, Bond R, Milano C, et al. Cardiac function in mice overexpressing the beta-adrenergic receptor kinase or a beta ARK inhibitor. Science. 1995;268:1350-3 pubmed..Because increased amounts of beta ARK1 and diminished cardiac beta-adrenergic responsiveness characterize heart failure, these animals may provide experimental models to study the role of beta ARK in heart disease. ..