Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gpr179
Description: G protein-coupled receptor 179
Alias: 5330439C02Rik, Gpr158l1, GPR158-like 1 receptor
- Chang B. Survey of the nob5 mutation in C3H substrains. Mol Vis. 2015;21:1101-5 pubmed..A mutation was identified in the Gpr179 gene in homozygous nob5 mice...
- Wang Y, Fehlhaber K, Sarria I, Cao Y, Ingram N, Guerrero Given D, et al. The Auxiliary Calcium Channel Subunit α2δ4 Is Required for Axonal Elaboration, Synaptic Transmission, and Wiring of Rod Photoreceptors. Neuron. 2017;93:1359-1374.e6 pubmed publisher..4 function, but is not required for ribbon organization, synaptogenesis, or synaptic transmission. These findings offer insights into retinal pathologies associated with α2δ4 dysfunction. ..
- Klooster J, van Genderen M, Yu M, Florijn R, Riemslag F, Bergen A, et al. Ultrastructural localization of GPR179 and the impact of mutant forms on retinal function in CSNB1 patients and a mouse model. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:6973-81 pubmed publisher..Mutations in GPR179, encoding the G-protein-coupled receptor 179, have been found in CSNB1 patients...
- Sarria I, Orlandi C, McCall M, Gregg R, Martemyanov K. Intermolecular Interaction between Anchoring Subunits Specify Subcellular Targeting and Function of RGS Proteins in Retina ON-Bipolar Neurons. J Neurosci. 2016;36:2915-25 pubmed publisher..and RGS11 that directly act on Go and two adaptor subunits: RGS Anchor Protein (R9AP) and the orphan receptor, GPR179. Here we examined the organizational principles of the GAP complex in ON-BCs...
- Khrimian L, Obri A, Ramos Brossier M, Rousseaud A, Moriceau S, Nicot A, et al. Gpr158 mediates osteocalcin's regulation of cognition. J Exp Med. 2017;214:2859-2873 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that exogenous OCN can improve hippocampal-dependent memory in mice and identify molecular tools to harness this pathway for therapeutic purposes. ..