Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Golga2
Description: golgi autoantigen, golgin subfamily a, 2
Alias: AW555139, GM130, mKIAA4150, golgin subfamily A member 2, 130 kDa cis-Golgi matrix protein, SY11 protein, golgin-95
- Zahn C, Jaschke A, Weiske J, Hommel A, Hesse D, Augustin R, et al. ADP-ribosylation factor-like GTPase ARFRP1 is required for trans-Golgi to plasma membrane trafficking of E-cadherin. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:27179-88 pubmed publisher..E-cadherin is associated with intracellular membranes, partially colocalizing with the cis-Golgi marker GM130 or with punctae close to the cell surface...
- Urresti J, Ruiz Meana M, Coccia E, ArÃ©valo J, Castellano J, FernÃ¡ndez Sanz C, et al. Lifeguard Inhibits Fas Ligand-mediated Endoplasmic Reticulum-Calcium Release Mandatory for Apoptosis in Type II Apoptotic Cells. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:1221-34 pubmed publisher..On the basis of our observations, we propose that there is a required step in the induction of type II apoptotic cell death that involves calcium mobilization from the ER and that this step is modulated by LFG. ..
- Kim S, Hill A, Warman M, Smits P. Golgi disruption and early embryonic lethality in mice lacking USO1. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50530 pubmed publisher..Mice lacking this ubiquitously expressed protein exhibit disruption of Golgi structure and early embryonic lethality, indicating that USO1 is indispensable for early embryonic development. ..
- Essalmani R, Susan Resiga D, Chamberland A, Asselin M, Canuel M, Constam D, et al. Furin is the primary in vivo convertase of angiopoietin-like 3 and endothelial lipase in hepatocytes. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:26410-8 pubmed publisher..However, the lack of furin or PC5/6 in hepatocytes and complete PACE4 KO did not appreciably modify plasma HDL levels or EL activity. Thus, inhibition of furin in liver would not be expected to modify the plasma lipid profiles. ..
- Nakagawa N, Yagi H, Kato K, Takematsu H, Oka S. Ectopic clustering of Cajal-Retzius and subplate cells is an initial pathological feature in Pomgnt2-knockout mice, a model of dystroglycanopathy. Sci Rep. 2015;5:11163 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate the initial pathological events in dystroglycanopathy mice and contribute to our understanding of how dystroglycan dysfunction affects brain development and progresses to cobblestone lissencephaly. ..
- Liu L, Fujino K, Nishimura M. Pre-synaptic localization of the Î³-secretase-inhibiting protein p24Î±2 in the mammalian brain. J Neurochem. 2015;133:422-31 pubmed publisher..p24Î±2 expression is highest in the post-natal period and gradually decreases with age. Our results suggest a novel function for p24Î±2 at the synapse, including the regulation of brain AÎ² generation. ..
- Lee D, Zhao X, Yim Y, Eisenberg E, Greene L. Essential role of cyclin-G-associated kinase (Auxilin-2) in developing and mature mice. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:2766-76 pubmed publisher..We conclude that GAK deletion blocks development and causes lethality in adult animals by disrupting clathrin-mediated endocytosis. ..
- Tiwari A, Schuiki I, Zhang L, Allister E, Wheeler M, Volchuk A. SDF2L1 interacts with the ER-associated degradation machinery and retards the degradation of mutant proinsulin in pancreatic ?-cells. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:1962-8 pubmed publisher..We suggest that SDF2L1 increases the time that misfolded proteins have to achieve a correctly folded conformation and thus that SDF2L1 can act as a buffer for substrate availability for ERAD in pancreatic ?-cells. ..
- Hick A, van Eyll J, Cordi S, Forez C, Passante L, Kohara H, et al. Mechanism of primitive duct formation in the pancreas and submandibular glands: a role for SDF-1. BMC Dev Biol. 2009;9:66 pubmed publisher..Our data also suggest that SDF-1 controls the branching morphogenesis of several exocrine tissues. ..
- Lei N, Franken L, Ruzehaji N, Offenhäuser C, Cowin A, Murray R. Flightless, secreted through a late endosome/lysosome pathway, binds LPS and dampens cytokine secretion. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:4288-96 pubmed publisher..These results show secreted Flii binds to LPS and in doing so alters macrophage activation and cytokine secretion, suggesting that like the intracellular pool of Flii, secreted Flii also has the ability to alter inflammation. ..
- Moya I, Umans L, Maas E, Pereira P, Beets K, Francis A, et al. Stalk cell phenotype depends on integration of Notch and Smad1/5 signaling cascades. Dev Cell. 2012;22:501-14 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide in vivo evidence for a regulatory loop between BMP/TGFÎ²-Smad1/5 and Notch signaling that orchestrates tip- versus stalk-cell selection and vessel plasticity. ..
- Luccardini C, Hennekinne L, Viou L, Yanagida M, Murakami F, Kessaris N, et al. N-cadherin sustains motility and polarity of future cortical interneurons during tangential migration. J Neurosci. 2013;33:18149-60 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results identify N-cadherin as a pivotal adhesion substrate that activates cell motility in future cortical interneurons and maintains cell polarity over their long-distance migration to the developing cortex. ..
- Shi H, O Reilly V, Moreau J, Bewes T, Yam M, Chapman B, et al. Gestational stress induces the unfolded protein response, resulting in heart defects. Development. 2016;143:2561-72 pubmed publisher..Ultimately, our discovery could lead to preventative strategies to reduce the incidence of human CHD. ..
- Ginger R, Askew S, Ogborne R, Wilson S, Ferdinando D, Dadd T, et al. SLC24A5 encodes a trans-Golgi network protein with potassium-dependent sodium-calcium exchange activity that regulates human epidermal melanogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:5486-95 pubmed publisher..We suggest that NCKX5 directly regulates human epidermal melanogenesis and natural skin color through its intracellular potassium-dependent exchanger activity. ..
- Villasenor A, Chong D, Henkemeyer M, Cleaver O. Epithelial dynamics of pancreatic branching morphogenesis. Development. 2010;137:4295-305 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results illustrate distinct, step-wise cellular mechanisms by which pancreatic epithelium shapes itself to create a functional branching organ. ..
- Mayer P, Huang N, Dewey C, Dries D, Zhang H, Yu G. Expression, localization, and biochemical characterization of nicotinamide mononucleotide adenylyltransferase 2. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:40387-96 pubmed publisher..These studies show that Nmnat2 is a neuronal protein peripherally attached to membranes via palmitoylation and suggest that Nmnat2 is transported to synaptic terminals via an endosomal pathway. ..
- Issa L, Kraemer N, Rickert C, Sifringer M, Ninnemann O, Stoltenburg Didinger G, et al. CDK5RAP2 expression during murine and human brain development correlates with pathology in primary autosomal recessive microcephaly. Cereb Cortex. 2013;23:2245-60 pubmed publisher..Our findings in human tissue confirm those in mouse tissues, underlining the function of CDK5RAP2 in cell proliferation and arguing for a conserved role of this protein in the development of the mammalian cerebral cortex. ..
- Schock E, Brugmann S. Neural crest cells utilize primary cilia to regulate ventral forebrain morphogenesis via Hedgehog-dependent regulation of oriented cell division. Dev Biol. 2017;431:168-178 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest a novel, cilia-dependent mechanism for NCCs during forebrain development. ..
- Chen F, Tandon A, Sanjo N, Gu Y, Hasegawa H, Arawaka S, et al. Presenilin 1 and presenilin 2 have differential effects on the stability and maturation of nicastrin in Mammalian brain. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:19974-9 pubmed..Our data therefore suggest that the differential interactions of PS1 and PS2 with nicastrin reflect different functions for the PS1 and PS2 complexes. ..
- Usami Y, Hatano T, Imai S, Kubo S, Sato S, Saiki S, et al. DJ-1 associates with synaptic membranes. Neurobiol Dis. 2011;43:651-62 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, DJ-1 colocalizes with the Golgi apparatus proteins GM130 and the synaptic vesicle proteins such as synaptophysin and Rab3A...
- Seaman M. Cargo-selective endosomal sorting for retrieval to the Golgi requires retromer. J Cell Biol. 2004;165:111-22 pubmed..The data presented here support the hypothesis that retromer performs a selective function in endosome-to-Golgi transport, mediating retrieval of the CI-MPR, but not furin. ..
- Zhang M, Yamazaki T, Yazawa M, Treves S, Nishi M, Murai M, et al. Calumin, a novel Ca2+-binding transmembrane protein on the endoplasmic reticulum. Cell Calcium. 2007;42:83-90 pubmed..These observations suggest that calumin plays an essential role in ER Ca2+ handling and is also implicated in signaling from the ER, which is closely associated with cell-fate decision. ..
- Esselens C, Oorschot V, Baert V, Raemaekers T, Spittaels K, Serneels L, et al. Presenilin 1 mediates the turnover of telencephalin in hippocampal neurons via an autophagic degradative pathway. J Cell Biol. 2004;166:1041-54 pubmed..Collectively, PS1 deficiency affects in a gamma-secretase-independent fashion the turnover of TLN through autophagic vacuoles, most likely by an impaired capability to fuse with lysosomes. ..
- Acevedo K, Moussi N, Li R, Soo P, Bernard O. LIM kinase 2 is widely expressed in all tissues. J Histochem Cytochem. 2006;54:487-501 pubmed..We have also demonstrated that endogenous LIMK1 and LIMK2 form heterodimers, and that LIMK2 does not always interact with the same proteins as LIMK1. ..
- Grego Bessa J, Hildebrand J, Anderson K. Morphogenesis of the mouse neural plate depends on distinct roles of cofilin 1 in apical and basal epithelial domains. Development. 2015;142:1305-14 pubmed publisher..The basal accumulation of F-actin is associated with the assembly of ectopic basal tight junctions and focal disruptions of the basement membrane, which eventually lead to a breakdown of epithelial organization. ..
- Matsuki T, Matthews R, Cooper J, van der Brug M, Cookson M, Hardy J, et al. Reelin and stk25 have opposing roles in neuronal polarization and dendritic Golgi deployment. Cell. 2010;143:826-36 pubmed publisher..signaling, regulates Golgi morphology and neuronal polarization as part of an LKB1-Stk25-Golgi matrix protein 130 (GM130) signaling pathway...
- Liu C, Mei M, Li Q, Roboti P, Pang Q, Ying Z, et al. Loss of the golgin GM130 causes Golgi disruption, Purkinje neuron loss, and ataxia in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:346-351 pubmed publisher..Here we report that targeted loss of the golgin GM130 leads to a profound neurological phenotype in mice...
- Grosse A, Pressprich M, Curley L, Hamilton K, Margolis B, Hildebrand J, et al. Cell dynamics in fetal intestinal epithelium: implications for intestinal growth and morphogenesis. Development. 2011;138:4423-32 pubmed publisher..These results favor an alternative model of intestinal morphogenesis in which the epithelium remains single layered and apicobasally polarized throughout early intestinal development. ..
- Pepling M, Wilhelm J, O Hara A, Gephardt G, Spradling A. Mouse oocytes within germ cell cysts and primordial follicles contain a Balbiani body. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:187-92 pubmed..Our results provide evidence that mouse oocytes develop using molecular and developmental mechanisms widely conserved throughout the animal kingdom. ..
- Kaneko Goto T, Sato Y, Katada S, Kinameri E, Yoshihara S, Nishiyori A, et al. Goofy coordinates the acuity of olfactory signaling. J Neurosci. 2013;33:12987-96, 12996a pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that Goofy plays an important role in establishing the acuity of olfactory sensory signaling. ..
- Hesse D, Hommel A, Jaschke A, Moser M, Bernhardt U, Zahn C, et al. Altered GLUT4 trafficking in adipocytes in the absence of the GTPase Arfrp1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;394:896-903 pubmed publisher..Thus, Arfrp1 appears to be involved in sorting of GLUT4. ..
- Valkova C, Albrizio M, Röder I, Schwake M, Betto R, Rudolf R, et al. Sorting receptor Rer1 controls surface expression of muscle acetylcholine receptors by ER retention of unassembled alpha-subunits. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:621-5 pubmed publisher..Our data show that Rer1 is a functionally important unique factor that controls surface expression of muscle acetylcholine receptors by localizing unassembled ?-subunits to the early secretory pathway. ..
- Tamaki H, Sanda M, Katsumata O, Hara Y, Fukaya M, Sakagami H. Pilt is a coiled-coil domain-containing protein that localizes at the trans-Golgi complex and regulates its structure. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:3064-70 pubmed publisher..Silencing of endogenous Pilt disrupted the Golgi structure. The present findings suggest the functional involvement of Pilt in the maintenance of the Golgi structure. ..
- Wei J, Zhang Z, Wynn R, Seemann J. GM130 Regulates Golgi-Derived Spindle Assembly by Activating TPX2 and Capturing Microtubules. Cell. 2015;162:287-299 pubmed publisher..Upon mitotic entry, the Golgi matrix protein GM130 interacts with importin Î± via a classical nuclear localization signal that recruits importin Î± to the Golgi ..
- Dandoy Dron F, Griffond B, Mishal Z, Tovey M, Dron M. Scrg1, a novel protein of the CNS is targeted to the large dense-core vesicles in neuronal cells. Eur J Neurosci. 2003;18:2449-59 pubmed..Our findings strongly suggest that Scrg1 is associated with the secretory pathway of neuronal cells. ..
- Ahmedli N, Gribanova Y, Njoku C, Naidu A, Young A, Mendoza E, et al. Dynamics of the rhomboid-like protein RHBDD2 expression in mouse retina and involvement of its human ortholog in retinitis pigmentosa. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:9742-54 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the RHBDD2 protein plays important roles in the development and normal function of the retina. ..
- Watson E, Koenig M, Grant Z, Whitehead L, Trounson E, Dewson G, et al. Apoptosis regulates endothelial cell number and capillary vessel diameter but not vessel regression during retinal angiogenesis. Development. 2016;143:2973-82 pubmed publisher..Rather it removes non-perfused vessel segments and regulates EC number during vessel maturation, which has vessel-specific consequences for vessel diameter. ..
- Laird D, Altshuler Keylin S, Kissner M, Zhou X, Anderson K. Ror2 enhances polarity and directional migration of primordial germ cells. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002428 pubmed publisher..Together these results indicate that Ror2 acts autonomously to permit the polarized response of PGCs to KitL. We propose a model by which Wnt5a potentiates PGC chemotaxis toward secreted KitL by redistribution of Ror2 within the cell. ..
- Yates L, Schnatwinkel C, Hazelwood L, Chessum L, Paudyal A, Hilton H, et al. Scribble is required for normal epithelial cell-cell contacts and lumen morphogenesis in the mammalian lung. Dev Biol. 2013;373:267-80 pubmed publisher..Thus we reveal novel and important roles for Scrib in lung development operating via the PCP pathway, and in regulating junctional complexes and cell cohesion. ..
- Wang F, Zhang L, Duan X, Zhang G, Wang Z, Wang Q, et al. RhoA-mediated FMNL1 regulates GM130 for actin assembly and phosphorylates MAPK for spindle formation in mouse oocyte meiosis. Cell Cycle. 2015;14:2835-43 pubmed publisher..Moreover, FMNL1 depletion resulted in aberrant localization and expression patterns of a cis-Golgi marker protein, GM130. Finally, we found that the small GTPase RhoA might be the upstream regulator of FMNL1...
- Wei P, Smeyne R, Bao D, Parris J, Morgan J. Mapping of Cbln1-like immunoreactivity in adult and developing mouse brain and its localization to the endolysosomal compartment of neurons. Eur J Neurosci. 2007;26:2962-78 pubmed..As cbln3 is only expressed in post-mitotic, post-migratory granule cells, Cbln1 homomeric complexes in precursors and Cbln1-Cbln3 heteromeric complexes in mature granule cells may have distinct functions and turnover. ..
- Okamura Y, Saga Y. Pofut1 is required for the proper localization of the Notch receptor during mouse development. Mech Dev. 2008;125:663-73 pubmed publisher..We propose that altered trafficking pathways may account for the abnormal accumulation of the Notch1 receptor in the endoplasmic reticulum in Pofut1-null mouse embryos. ..
- Kim J, Song J, Karnam S, Park J, Lee J, Kim S, et al. Common and distinctive localization patterns of Crumbs polarity complex proteins in the mammalian eye. Gene Expr Patterns. 2015;17:31-7 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that core Crumbs polarity complex proteins exert common and independent functions depending on cellular context. ..
- Schnatwinkel C, Niswander L. Nubp1 is required for lung branching morphogenesis and distal progenitor cell survival in mice. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44871 pubmed publisher..Together, Nubp1 represents an essential protein for lung progenitor survival by coordinating vital cellular processes including cell polarity and centrosomal dynamics. ..
- Mochida G, Mahajnah M, Hill A, Basel Vanagaite L, Gleason D, Hill R, et al. A truncating mutation of TRAPPC9 is associated with autosomal-recessive intellectual disability and postnatal microcephaly. Am J Hum Genet. 2009;85:897-902 pubmed publisher..This suggests essential roles of TRAPPC9 in human brain development, possibly through its effect on NF-kappaB activation and protein trafficking in the postmitotic neurons of the cerebral cortex. ..
- Arimitsu N, Kogure T, Baba T, Nakao K, Hamamoto H, Sekimizu K, et al. p125/Sec23-interacting protein (Sec23ip) is required for spermiogenesis. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:2171-6 pubmed publisher..p125 was found to be expressed at stages I-XII of spermatogenesis, similar to the expression pattern of proteins involved in acrosome biogenesis. These results suggest that p125 plays an important role in spermiogenesis. ..
- Nakajima K, Takei Y, Tanaka Y, Nakagawa T, Nakata T, Noda Y, et al. Molecular motor KIF1C is not essential for mouse survival and motor-dependent retrograde Golgi apparatus-to-endoplasmic reticulum transport. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:866-73 pubmed..This retrograde membrane transport was further confirmed to be normal by time-lapse analysis. Consequently, KIF1C is dispensable for the motor-dependent retrograde transport from the Golgi apparatus to the ER. ..
- Huang W, She L, Chang X, Yang R, Wang L, Ji H, et al. Protein kinase LKB1 regulates polarized dendrite formation of adult hippocampal newborn neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:469-74 pubmed publisher..and was mimicked by disrupting Golgi organization via altering the expression of Golgi structural proteins GM130 or GRASP65...
- Song J, Park R, Kim J, Hughes L, Lu L, Kim S, et al. Dual function of Yap in the regulation of lens progenitor cells and cellular polarity. Dev Biol. 2014;386:281-90 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results shed new light on Yap's indispensable and novel organizing role in mammalian organ size control by coordinating multiple events including cell proliferation, differentiation, and polarity. ..
- Du G, Huang P, Liang B, Frohman M. Phospholipase D2 localizes to the plasma membrane and regulates angiotensin II receptor endocytosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:1024-30 pubmed
- Nechiporuk T, Fernandez T, Vasioukhin V. Failure of epithelial tube maintenance causes hydrocephalus and renal cysts in Dlg5-/- mice. Dev Cell. 2007;13:338-50 pubmed..These findings show that Dlg5 is causally involved in hydrocephalus and renal cysts and reveal that targeted membrane delivery of cadherin-catenin adhesion complexes is critical for cell polarity and epithelial tube maintenance. ..
- Hatanaka T, Hatanaka Y, Setou M. Regulation of amino acid transporter ATA2 by ubiquitin ligase Nedd4-2. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:35922-30 pubmed
- Kuss P, Kraft K, Stumm J, Ibrahim D, Vallecillo García P, Mundlos S, et al. Regulation of cell polarity in the cartilage growth plate and perichondrium of metacarpal elements by HOXD13 and WNT5A. Dev Biol. 2014;385:83-93 pubmed publisher..This study provides a so far unrecognized link between HOX proteins and cell polarity in the perichondrium and the growth plate, a failure of which leads to transformation of metacarpals to carpal-like structures. ..
- Mis E, Liem K, Kong Y, Schwartz N, Domowicz M, Weatherbee S. Forward genetics defines Xylt1 as a key, conserved regulator of early chondrocyte maturation and skeletal length. Dev Biol. 2014;385:67-82 pubmed publisher..The pug mutant serves as a novel model for mammalian dwarfism and identifies a key role for proteoglycan modification in the initiation of chondrocyte maturation. ..
- Inamori K, Mita S, Gu J, Mizuno Horikawa Y, Miyoshi E, Dennis J, et al. Demonstration of the expression and the enzymatic activity of N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase IX in the mouse brain. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1760:678-84 pubmed..These results demonstrate, for the first time, that GnT-IX protein is actually expressed and may function as a glycosyltransferase in the brain. ..
- Grigaravicius P, Kaminska E, HÃ¼bner C, McKinnon P, von Deimling A, Frappart P. Rint1 inactivation triggers genomic instability, ER stress and autophagy inhibition in the brain. Cell Death Differ. 2016;23:454-68 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our findings highlight the crucial roles of Rint1 in vivo in genomic stability maintenance, as well as in prevention of ER stress and autophagy. ..
- Park S, Kim S, Kim M, Hong Y, Lee A, Lee H, et al. GOLGA2 loss causes fibrosis with autophagy in the mouse lung and liver. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;495:594-600 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that the deletion of GOLGA2, encoding a cis-Golgi protein, induces autophagy with Golgi disruption...
- Song B, Haycraft C, Seo H, Yoder B, Serra R. Development of the post-natal growth plate requires intraflagellar transport proteins. Dev Biol. 2007;305:202-16 pubmed..The results suggest a model in which IFT/cilia act to maintain the columnar organization of the growth plate via the process of chondrocyte rotation. ..
- Zhang C, Wang Z, Quan S, Huang X, Tong J, Ma J, et al. GM130, a cis-Golgi protein, regulates meiotic spindle assembly and asymmetric division in mouse oocyte. Cell Cycle. 2011;10:1861-70 pubmedb>GM130, a cis-Golgi protein, plays key roles in various mitotic events, but its function in mammalian oocyte meiosis remains unknown...
- Uechi Y, Bayarjargal M, Umikawa M, Oshiro M, Takei K, Yamashiro Y, et al. Rap2 function requires palmitoylation and recycling endosome localization. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;378:732-7 pubmed publisher..These observations implicate the involvement of palmitoylation and recycling endosome localization in cellular functions of Rap2 proteins. ..
- Geffers I, Serth K, Chapman G, Jaekel R, Schuster Gossler K, Cordes R, et al. Divergent functions and distinct localization of the Notch ligands DLL1 and DLL3 in vivo. J Cell Biol. 2007;178:465-76 pubmed..They suggest that DLL3 does not antagonize DLL1 in the presomitic mesoderm and warrant further analyses of potential physiological functions of DLL3 in the Golgi network. ..
- Feng L, Xie X, Ding Q, Luo X, He J, Fan F, et al. Spatial regulation of Raf kinase signaling by RKTG. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:14348-53 pubmed..Collectively, our results reveal a paradigm of spatial regulation of Raf kinase by RKTG via sequestrating Raf-1 to the Golgi apparatus and thereby inhibiting the ERK signaling pathway. ..
- Hubmacher D, Wang L, Mecham R, Reinhardt D, Apte S. Adamtsl2 deletion results in bronchial fibrillin microfibril accumulation and bronchial epithelial dysplasia--a novel mouse model providing insights into geleophysic dysplasia. Dis Model Mech. 2015;8:487-99 pubmed publisher..Our studies suggest that the bronchial epithelial dysplasia accompanying microfibril dysregulation in Adamtsl2(-/-) mice cannot be reversed by TGFÎ² neutralization, and thus might be mediated by other mechanisms. ..
- Tominaga M, Kurihara H, Honda S, Amakawa G, Sakai T, Tomooka Y. Molecular characterization of mitocalcin, a novel mitochondrial Ca2+-binding protein with EF-hand and coiled-coil domains. J Neurochem. 2006;96:292-304 pubmed..These findings suggest that mitocalcin may play roles in neuronal differentiation and function through the control of mitochondrial function. ..
- Han F, Liu C, Zhang L, Zhou Y, Qin Y, Wang Y, et al. Globozoospermia and lack of acrosome formation in GM130-deficient mice. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2532 pubmed publisher..b>GM130 is a cis-side localized Golgi matrix protein,whereas the physiological functions of this protein remain elusive...
- Nori A, Bortoloso E, Frasson F, Valle G, Volpe P. Vesicle budding from endoplasmic reticulum is involved in calsequestrin routing to sarcoplasmic reticulum of skeletal muscles. Biochem J. 2004;379:505-12 pubmed..On the other hand, expression of ARF1-N126I altered the subcellular localization of GM130, a cis -medial Golgi protein in skeletal-muscle fibres and myotubes, without interfering with CSHA1 targeting to ..
- Zhang D, Marlin M, Liang Z, Ahmad M, Ashpole N, Sonntag W, et al. The Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase MEG2 Regulates the Transport and Signal Transduction of Tropomyosin Receptor Kinase A. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:23895-23905 pubmed..As a result, overexpression of PTP-MEG2 down-regulates NGF/TrkA signaling and blocks neurite outgrowth and differentiation in PC12 cells and cortical neurons. ..
- Hosaka T, Brooks C, Presman E, Kim S, Zhang Z, Breen M, et al. p115 Interacts with the GLUT4 vesicle protein, IRAP, and plays a critical role in insulin-stimulated GLUT4 translocation. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:2882-90 pubmed..These data suggest that p115 has an important and specific role in insulin-stimulated Glut4 translocation, probably by way of tethering insulin-sensitive Glut4 vesicles at an as yet unknown intracellular site. ..