Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gng2
Description: guanine nucleotide binding protein (G protein), gamma 2
Alias: guanine nucleotide-binding protein G(I)/G(S)/G(O) subunit gamma-2, g gamma-I
- Waldo G, Harden T. Agonist binding and Gq-stimulating activities of the purified human P2Y1 receptor. Mol Pharmacol. 2004;65:426-36 pubmed..These results illustrate that the binding and signaling properties of the human P2Y1-R can be studied with purified proteins under conditions that circumvent the complications that occur in vivo. ..
- Garcia Higuera I, Thomas T, Yi F, Neer E. Intersubunit surfaces in G protein alpha beta gamma heterotrimers. Analysis by cross-linking and mutagenesis of beta gamma. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:528-35 pubmed..Our findings begin to define intersubunit surfaces, and they pose structural constraints upon any model of the beta gamma dimer. ..
- Kleuss C, Scherubl H, Hescheler J, Schultz G, Wittig B. Selectivity in signal transduction determined by gamma subunits of heterotrimeric G proteins. Science. 1993;259:832-4 pubmed
- Gautam N, Baetscher M, Aebersold R, Simon M. A G protein gamma subunit shares homology with ras proteins. Science. 1989;244:971-4 pubmed
- Schuller U, Lamp E, Schilling K. Developmental expression of heterotrimeric G-proteins in the murine cerebellar cortex. Histochem Cell Biol. 2001;116:149-59 pubmed
- Weissman J, Ma J, Essex A, Gao Y, Burstein E. G-protein-coupled receptor-mediated activation of rap GTPases: characterization of a novel Galphai regulated pathway. Oncogene. 2004;23:241-9 pubmed..A constitutively active mutant of Galphai2 also mediated Ras/rap-dependent responses. These data indicate that GPCRs coupled to pertussis-toxin-sensitive G-proteins activate Rap through a Galpha subunit, C3G, and Src-dependent pathway. ..
- Gautam N, Northup J, Tamir H, Simon M. G protein diversity is increased by associations with a variety of gamma subunits. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:7973-7 pubmed..Diversity in the structure of the gamma as well as the alpha and beta subunits and preferential associations between members of subunit families increase structural and possibly functional diversity of G proteins. ..
- Fisher K, Aronson N. Characterization of the cDNA and genomic sequence of a G protein gamma subunit (gamma 5). Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:1585-91 pubmed..Genomic cloning also resulted in the isolation of a human gamma 5 pseudogene. ..