Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gnb5
Description: guanine nucleotide binding protein (G protein), beta 5
Alias: GBS, Gbeta5, flr, guanine nucleotide-binding protein subunit beta-5, flail, flailer, guanine nucleotide binding protein, beta 5, hug, transducin beta chain 5
- Tian M, Zallocchi M, Wang W, Chen C, Palczewski K, Delimont D, et al. Light-induced translocation of RGS9-1 and G?5L in mouse rod photoreceptors. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58832 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a previously unappreciated mechanism by which prolonged dark adaptation leads to increased light sensitivity in rods by dissociating RGS9-1 from R9AP and redistributing it to rod inner segments. ..
- Zhang J, Pandey M, Seigneur E, Panicker L, Koo L, Schwartz O, et al. Knockout of G protein Î²5 impairs brain development and causes multiple neurologic abnormalities in mice. J Neurochem. 2011;119:544-54 pubmed publisherGÎ²5 is a divergent member of the signal-transducing G protein Î² subunit family encoded by GNB5 and expressed principally in brain and neuronal tissue...
- Wang Q, Levay K, Chanturiya T, Dvoriantchikova G, Anderson K, Bianco S, et al. Targeted deletion of one or two copies of the G protein ? subunit G?5 gene has distinct effects on body weight and behavior in mice. FASEB J. 2011;25:3949-57 pubmed publisher..Our data on G?5 haploinsufficient mice may explain earlier observations of genetic linkage between R7 family mutations and obesity in humans. ..
- Xie K, Ge S, Collins V, Haynes C, Renner K, Meisel R, et al. G?5-RGS complexes are gatekeepers of hyperactivity involved in control of multiple neurotransmitter systems. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2012;219:823-34 pubmed publisher..These findings establish that G?5-RGS complexes are critical regulators of monoamine-NMDA receptor signaling cross-talk and link these complexes to disorders that manifest as hyperactivity, impaired learning, and motor dysfunctions. ..
- Xie K, Allen K, Kourrich S, Colón Saez J, Thomas M, Wickman K, et al. Gbeta5 recruits R7 RGS proteins to GIRK channels to regulate the timing of neuronal inhibitory signaling. Nat Neurosci. 2010;13:661-3 pubmed publisherThe type 5 G protein beta subunit (Gbeta5) can form complexes with members of the regulator of G protein signaling 7 (RGS7) family, but its relevance to neuronal G protein signaling is unclear...
- Panicker L, Zhang J, Posokhova E, Gastinger M, Martemyanov K, Simonds W. Nuclear localization of the G protein beta 5/R7-regulator of G protein signaling protein complex is dependent on R7 binding protein. J Neurochem. 2010;113:1101-12 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that R7BP contributes significantly to the nuclear localization of endogenous G beta(5)/R7-RGS complex in brain. ..
- Cao Y, Song H, Okawa H, Sampath A, Sokolov M, Martemyanov K. Targeting of RGS7/Gbeta5 to the dendritic tips of ON-bipolar cells is independent of its association with membrane anchor R7BP. J Neurosci. 2008;28:10443-9 pubmed publisherComplexes of regulator of G-protein signaling (RGS) proteins with G-protein beta5 (Gbeta5) subunits are essential components of signaling pathways that regulate the temporal characteristics of light-evoked responses in vertebrate retinal ..
- Morgans C, Wensel T, Brown R, Perez Leon J, Bearnot B, Duvoisin R. Gbeta5-RGS complexes co-localize with mGluR6 in retinal ON-bipolar cells. Eur J Neurosci. 2007;26:2899-905 pubmed..identified complexes of the Galphao-selective RGS proteins RGS7 and RGS11, with their obligate binding partner, Gbeta5, that are localized to the dendritic tips of murine rod and cone ON-bipolar cells, along with mGluR6...
- Okae H, Iwakura Y. Neural tube defects and impaired neural progenitor cell proliferation in Gbeta1-deficient mice. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:1089-101 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that Gbeta1 is required for normal embryonic neurogenesis. ..
- Cao Y, Masuho I, Okawa H, Xie K, Asami J, Kammermeier P, et al. Retina-specific GTPase accelerator RGS11/G beta 5S/R9AP is a constitutive heterotrimer selectively targeted to mGluR6 in ON-bipolar neurons. J Neurosci. 2009;29:9301-13 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the deactivation of mGluR6 cascade during the light response may require the contribution of multiple GTPase activating proteins. ..
- Posokhova E, Wydeven N, Allen K, Wickman K, Martemyanov K. RGS6/G?5 complex accelerates IKACh gating kinetics in atrial myocytes and modulates parasympathetic regulation of heart rate. Circ Res. 2010;107:1350-4 pubmed publisher..Molecular mechanisms regulating this critical signal transduction pathway are not fully understood...
- Anderson G, Lujan R, Martemyanov K. Changes in striatal signaling induce remodeling of RGS complexes containing Gbeta5 and R7BP subunits. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:3033-44 pubmed publisher..established that R7 RGS proteins function as macromolecular complexes with two subunits: type 5 G protein beta (Gbeta5) and R7 binding protein (R7BP)...
- Rao A, Dallman R, Henderson S, Chen C. Gbeta5 is required for normal light responses and morphology of retinal ON-bipolar cells. J Neurosci. 2007;27:14199-204 pubmedb>Gbeta5 exists as two splice variants, Gbeta5-S and Gbeta5-L, which interact with and stabilize the R7 members of the regulators of G-protein signaling (RGSs): RGS6, RGS7, RGS9, and RGS11...
- Anderson G, Lujan R, Semenov A, Pravetoni M, Posokhova E, Song J, et al. Expression and localization of RGS9-2/G 5/R7BP complex in vivo is set by dynamic control of its constitutive degradation by cellular cysteine proteases. J Neurosci. 2007;27:14117-27 pubmed..Implementation of this mechanism throughout ontogenetic development ensures expression of RGS9-2/type 5 G-protein beta subunit/R7BP complexes at postsynaptic sites in unison with increased signaling demands at mature synapses. ..
- Drenan R, Doupnik C, Boyle M, Muglia L, Huettner J, Linder M, et al. Palmitoylation regulates plasma membrane-nuclear shuttling of R7BP, a novel membrane anchor for the RGS7 family. J Cell Biol. 2005;169:623-33 pubmedThe RGS7 (R7) family of RGS proteins bound to the divergent Gbeta subunit Gbeta5 is a crucial regulator of G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) signaling in the visual and nervous systems...
- Jones J, Huang J, Mermall V, Hamilton B, Mooseker M, Escayg A, et al. The mouse neurological mutant flailer expresses a novel hybrid gene derived by exon shuffling between Gnb5 and Myo5a. Hum Mol Genet. 2000;9:821-8 pubmed..Here we show that the mouse neurological mutation flailer (flr) expresses a novel gene that combines the promoter and first two exons of guanine nucleotide binding protein ..
- Leo D, Gainetdinov R. Transgenic mouse models for ADHD. Cell Tissue Res. 2013;354:259-71 pubmed publisher..New transgenic models mouse models targeting other genes have recently been proposed for ADHD. Here, we discuss the recent advances and pitfalls in modeling ADHD endophenotypes in genetically altered animals. ..
- Guo Y, He X, Zhao L, Liu L, Song H, Wang X, et al. GÎ²2 Regulates the Multipolar-Bipolar Transition of Newborn Neurons in the Developing Neocortex. Cereb Cortex. 2017;27:3414-3426 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our findings reveal that GÎ²2 regulates proper neuronal migration during neocortex development by activating the ERK1/2 signaling pathway. ..
- Zhang S, Coso O, Lee C, Gutkind J, Simonds W. Selective activation of effector pathways by brain-specific G protein beta5. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:33575-9 pubmed