Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Glra3
Description: glycine receptor, alpha 3 subunit
Alias: glycine receptor subunit alpha-3
- Manceau V, Kremmer E, Nabel E, Maucuer A. The protein kinase KIS impacts gene expression during development and fear conditioning in adult mice. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43946 pubmed publisher..This difference suggests that disregulation of gene expression due to KIS inactivation affects specific brain functions. ..
- Eichler S, Förstera B, Smolinsky B, Jüttner R, Lehmann T, Fähling M, et al. Splice-specific roles of glycine receptor alpha3 in the hippocampus. Eur J Neurosci. 2009;30:1077-91 pubmed publisher..GlyR) alpha3 is involved in vision, and processing of acoustic and nociceptive signals, and RNA editing of GLRA3 transcripts was associated with hippocampal pathophysiology of mesial temporal lobe epilepsy (TLE)...
- Xiong W, Cui T, Cheng K, Yang F, Chen S, Willenbring D, et al. Cannabinoids suppress inflammatory and neuropathic pain by targeting ?3 glycine receptors. J Exp Med. 2012;209:1121-34 pubmed publisher..These cannabinoids may represent a novel class of therapeutic agents for the treatment of chronic pain and other diseases involving GlyR dysfunction. ..
- Nobles R, Zhang C, Müller U, Betz H, McCall M. Selective glycine receptor ?2 subunit control of crossover inhibition between the on and off retinal pathways. J Neurosci. 2012;32:3321-32 pubmed publisher..We used mice lacking the GlyR?2 (Glra2(-/-)) and GlyR?3 (Glra3(-/-)) subunits, or both (Glra2/3(-/-)), to explore their roles in GC RF organization...
- Tziridis K, Buerbank S, Eulenburg V, Dlugaiczyk J, Schulze H. Deficit in acoustic signal-in-noise detection in glycine receptor ?3 subunit knockout mice. Eur J Neurosci. 2017;45:581-586 pubmed publisher..GlyR?3 KO animals showed significantly impaired prepulse inhibition of the auditory startle response in a noisy environment, indicating that GlyR?3-mediated glycinergic inhibition is important for signal-in-noise detection. ..
- Dlugaiczyk J, Hecker D, Neubert C, Buerbank S, Campanelli D, Becker C, et al. Loss of glycine receptors containing the Î±3 subunit compromises auditory nerve activity, but not outer hair cell function. Hear Res. 2016;337:25-34 pubmed publisher..emissions (DPOAEs) and auditory brainstem responses (ABRs) of knockout mice with a targeted inactivation of the Glra3 gene (Glra3(-/-)) and their wildtype littermates (Glra3(+/+)) before and seven days after acoustic trauma (AT; 4-..
- Rajalu M, Müller U, Caley A, Harvey R, Poisbeau P. Plasticity of synaptic inhibition in mouse spinal cord lamina II neurons during early postnatal development and after inactivation of the glycine receptor alpha3 subunit gene. Eur J Neurosci. 2009;30:2284-92 pubmed publisher..In Glra3 knockout mice, we found that synaptic currents at the remaining glycinergic synapses, containing GlyR alpha1, ..
- Mordel J, Karnas D, Inyushkin A, Challet E, Pevet P, Meissl H. Activation of glycine receptor phase-shifts the circadian rhythm in neuronal activity in the mouse suprachiasmatic nucleus. J Physiol. 2011;589:2287-300 pubmed publisher..Both effects were suppressed by strychnine or by PMBA. These results suggest that glycine is able to modulate circadian activity by acting directly on its specific receptors in SCN neurons. ..
- Buerbank S, Becker K, Becker C, Brandt N, Engel J, Knipper M, et al. Developmental regulation of glycine receptors at efferent synapses of the murine cochlea. Histochem Cell Biol. 2011;136:387-98 pubmed publisher..In summary, the distinct developmental regulation of GlyRs in the murine cochlea advocates a contribution of these chloride channels to efferent olivocochlear innervation. ..
- Haverkamp S, Müller U, Harvey K, Harvey R, Betz H, Wässle H. Diversity of glycine receptors in the mouse retina: localization of the alpha3 subunit. J Comp Neurol. 2003;465:524-39 pubmed..their role in retinal circuitry were analyzed immunocytochemically in wild-type and GlyR alpha3 subunit-deficient (Glra3(-/-)) mouse retinae...
- Zhu L, Smith S, de Lange T, Seldin M. Chromosomal mapping of the tankyrase gene in human and mouse. Genomics. 1999;57:320-1 pubmed
- Bae J, Mah W, Rah J, Park S, Bae Y. Expression of glycine receptor alpha 3 in the rat trigeminal neurons and central boutons in the brainstem. Brain Struct Funct. 2016;221:4601-4613 pubmed..To address this, we investigated the expression of glycine receptor subunit alpha 3 (GlyRÎ±3) in the neurons in the trigeminal ganglion and axon terminals in the 1st relay nucleus of ..
- Derry J, Barnard P. Mapping of the glycine receptor alpha 2-subunit gene and the GABAA alpha 3-subunit gene on the mouse X chromosome. Genomics. 1991;10:593-7 pubmed..This establishes the XF region of the mouse X chromosome as homologous with the Xp22.1-p22.3 region of the human X chromosome and indicates the presence of an evolutionary breakpoint in the region of Xp21.3. ..
- Weiss J, O Sullivan G, Heinze L, Chen H, Betz H, Wassle H. Glycinergic input of small-field amacrine cells in the retinas of wildtype and glycine receptor deficient mice. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2008;37:40-55 pubmed..currents in retinal slices of wildtype mice and of mice deficient in GlyRalpha subunits (Glra1spd-ot, Glra2-/-, Glra3-/-), we could classify AII and narrow-field amacrine cells (NF, Types 5, 6, 7) on the basis of their alpha-subunit ..
- Racz I, Schütz B, Abo Salem O, Zimmer A. Visceral, inflammatory and neuropathic pain in glycine receptor alpha 3-deficient mice. Neuroreport. 2005;16:2025-8 pubmed..Thus, alpha3-subunit of strychnine-sensitive glycine receptors is involved in the modulation of moderate inflammatory acetic acid-induced pain responses, but neither in formalin-induced pain nor in neuropathic pain. ..
- Kunz P, Burette A, Weinberg R, Philpot B. Glycine receptors support excitatory neurotransmitter release in developing mouse visual cortex. J Physiol. 2012;590:5749-64 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate a developmentally regulated mechanism for controlling excitatory neurotransmitter release in the neocortex. ..
- Heck S, Enz R, Richter Landsberg C, Blohm D. Expression and mRNA splicing of glycine receptor subunits and gephyrin during neuronal differentiation of P19 cells in vitro, studied by RT-PCR and immunocytochemistry. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 1997;98:211-20 pubmed..In conclusion, P19 and primary neuronal cells but not PC12 cells express the transcripts of glycine receptor components, necessary to generate functional receptors. ..
- Lynch J. Native glycine receptor subtypes and their physiological roles. Neuropharmacology. 2009;56:303-9 pubmed publisher..Finally, agents that selectively potentiate different GlyR isoforms may be useful as therapeutic lead compounds for peripheral inflammatory pain and movement disorders such as spasticity. ..
- Ivanova E, Müller U, Wässle H. Characterization of the glycinergic input to bipolar cells of the mouse retina. Eur J Neurosci. 2006;23:350-64 pubmed..were performed from retinal slices of wild-type, GlyRalpha1-deficient (Glra1(spd-ot)) and GlyRalpha3-deficient (Glra3(-/-)) mice...
- Kono Y, HÃ¼lsmann S. Presynaptic facilitation of glycinergic mIPSC is reduced in mice lacking Î±3 glycine receptor subunits. Neuroscience. 2016;320:1-7 pubmed publisher..In this study we analyzed the role of GlyR Î±3 in synaptic inhibition to the hypoglossal nucleus using Glra3 (the gene encoding the glycine receptor Î±3 subunit) knockout mice...