Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gjd4
Description: gap junction protein, delta 4
Alias: 9430022F06Rik, Cx39, gap junction delta-4 protein, connexin-39, connexin39
- Willecke K, Eiberger J, Degen J, Eckardt D, Romualdi A, Güldenagel M, et al. Structural and functional diversity of connexin genes in the mouse and human genome. Biol Chem. 2002;383:725-37 pubmed..In this review we compare currently identified connexin genes in both the mouse and human genome and discuss the functions of gap junctions deduced from targeted mouse mutants and human genetic disorders. ..
- von Maltzahn J, Wulf V, Willecke K. Spatiotemporal expression of connexin 39 and -43 during myoblast differentiation in cultured cells and in the mouse embryo. Cell Commun Adhes. 2006;13:55-60 pubmedb>Connexin39 (Cx39) and connexin43 (Cx43) are known to be expressed during development of skeletal muscles...
- von Maltzahn J, Wulf V, Matern G, Willecke K. Connexin39 deficient mice display accelerated myogenesis and regeneration of skeletal muscle. Exp Cell Res. 2011;317:1169-78 pubmed publisherDuring muscle development and regeneration of skeletal muscle in mice connexin43 (Cx43) and connexin39 (Cx39) are specifically expressed: Cx43 in satellite cells and myoblasts, whereas Cx39 is exclusively expressed in myogenin-positive ..
- Sohl G, Willecke K. An update on connexin genes and their nomenclature in mouse and man. Cell Commun Adhes. 2003;10:173-80 pubmed..Furthermore, this short review contains an update on phenotypic correlations between connexin deficient mice and patients bearing mutations in their orthologous connexin genes. ..
- Buniello A, Montanaro D, Volinia S, Gasparini P, Marigo V. An expression atlas of connexin genes in the mouse. Genomics. 2004;83:812-20 pubmed
- von Maltzahn J, Euwens C, Willecke K, Sohl G. The novel mouse connexin39 gene is expressed in developing striated muscle fibers. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:5381-92 pubmedThe recently identified mouse connexin39 (mCx39) gene encodes a peptide of 364 amino acids that shows only 61% sequence similarity to its putative human orthologue connexin40.1 (hCx40.1). The coding regions of mCx39 and hCx40...
- Simon A, Chen H, Jackson C. Cx37 and Cx43 localize to zona pellucida in mouse ovarian follicles. Cell Commun Adhes. 2006;13:61-77 pubmed..We suggest that in addition to its role in oocyte-granulosa cell communication, Cx37 could enable a distinct communication pathway between those granulosa cells that are in direct contact with the oocyte. ..