Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gcnt2
Description: glucosaminyl (N-acetyl) transferase 2, I-branching enzyme
Alias: 5330430K10Rik, IGnT, IGnTA, IGnTB, IGnTC, I-branching enzyme, N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase, N-acetyllactosaminide beta-1,6-N-acetylglucosaminyl-transferase, beta-1,6-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase, glucosaminyltransferase, I-branching enzyme, large I antigen-forming beta-1,6-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase
- Pattern of the insulin-like growth factor II gene expression during early mouse embryogenesisJ E Lee
Department of Genetics and Development, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032
Development 110:151-9. 1990..These correlations are consistent with the hypothesis that IGF-II has an autocrine function...
- GlcNAc-transferase V and core 2 GlcNAc-transferase expression in the developing mouse embryoM Granovsky
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Glycobiology 5:797-806. 1995..A common feature of cells in basal epithelia and in the cortical neural epithelium is the capacity to migrate, a cellular function which may require GlcNAc-TV-dependent glycoconjugates...
- Expression of the large I antigen forming beta-1,6-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase in various tissues of adult miceA D Magnet
Glycobiology Program, La Jolla Cancer Research Center, Burnham Institute, CA 92037, USA
Glycobiology 7:285-95. 1997Large I antigen is specifically formed by a beta-1,6-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase (IGnT), which is a Golgi enzyme...
- A novel variant form of murine beta-1, 6-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase forming branches in poly-N-acetyllactosaminesG Y Chen
Department of Biochemistry, Nagoya University School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Glycobiology 10:1001-11. 2000..murine beta-1,6-N:-acetylglucosaminyltransferase that forms branches in poly-N:-acetyllactosamines (designated as IGnT B) was cloned based on sequence homology to the known IGnT (designated as IGnT A)...
- Differential requirements for core2 glucosaminyltransferase for endothelial L-selectin ligand function in vivoM Sperandio
Department of Biomedical Engineering, and Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Immunol 167:2268-74. 2001..In contrast, L-selectin ligands in Peyer's patch HEV are only marginally affected by the absence of Core2GlcNAcT-I, but are sufficiently functional to support L-selectin-dependent leukocyte rolling in Core2GlcNAcT-I-deficient mice...
- The molecular genetics of the mouse I beta-1,6-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase locusYuh Ching Twu
Institute of Biochemical Sciences, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 303:868-76. 2003..It was demonstrated that the mouse and the human I transcripts expressed in the epithelium cells of the mouse and human lens, respectively, are homologous forms...
- Highly conserved cysteines of mouse core 2 beta1,6-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase I form a network of disulfide bonds and include a thiol that affects enzyme activityTen Yang Yen
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, California 94132, USA
J Biol Chem 278:45864-81. 2003....
- Abnormalities caused by carbohydrate alterations in Ibeta6-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase-deficient miceGuo Yun Chen
Department of Biochemistry, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 25:7828-38. 2005Ibeta6-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase (IGnT) catalyzes the branching of poly-N-acetyllactosamine carbohydrate chains. In both humans and mice, three spliced forms of IGnT have been identified, and a common exon is present in all of them...
- Mucin biosynthesis: molecular cloning and expression of mouse mucus-type core 2 beta1,6 N-acetylglucosaminyltransferaseMitsuyoshi Hashimoto
Department of Pathology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Glycobiology 17:994-1006. 2007..This report provides the basis for further characterization of the regulation of mC2GnT-M gene expression and the biological functions of this gene...