Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gba2
Description: glucosidase beta 2
Alias: F630034E04, non-lysosomal glucosylceramidase, NLGase, beta-glucocerebrosidase 2, beta-glucosidase 2, bile acid, glucosidase, beta (bile acid) 2, glucosylceramidase 2
- Boot R, Verhoek M, Donker Koopman W, Strijland A, van Marle J, Overkleeft H, et al. Identification of the non-lysosomal glucosylceramidase as beta-glucosidase 2. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:1305-12 pubmed..We here report that the non-lysosomal glucosylceramidase is identical to the earlier described bile acid beta-glucosidase, being beta-glucosidase 2 (GBA2)...
- Shelkovnikova T, Peters O, Deykin A, Connor Robson N, Robinson H, Ustyugov A, et al. Fused in sarcoma (FUS) protein lacking nuclear localization signal (NLS) and major RNA binding motifs triggers proteinopathy and severe motor phenotype in transgenic mice. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:25266-74 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that neuronal FUS aggregation is sufficient to cause ALS-like phenotype in transgenic mice. ..
- Raju D, Schonauer S, Hamzeh H, FLYNN K, Bradke F, Vom Dorp K, et al. Accumulation of glucosylceramide in the absence of the beta-glucosidase GBA2 alters cytoskeletal dynamics. PLoS Genet. 2015;11:e1005063 pubmed publisher..Here, we reveal that glucosylceramide accumulation in GBA2 knockout-mice alters cytoskeletal dynamics due to a more ordered lipid organization in the plasma membrane...
- Schonauer S, KÃ¶rschen H, Penno A, Rennhack A, Breiden B, Sandhoff K, et al. Identification of a feedback loop involving Î²-glucosidase 2 and its product sphingosine sheds light on the molecular mechanisms in Gaucher disease. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:6177-6189 pubmed publisherThe lysosomal acid Î²-glucosidase GBA1 and the non-lysosomal Î²-glucosidase GBA2 degrade glucosylceramide (GlcCer) to glucose and ceramide in different cellular compartments...
- Sun Y, Liou B, Quinn B, Ran H, Xu Y, Grabowski G. In vivo and ex vivo evaluation of L-type calcium channel blockers on acid beta-glucosidase in Gaucher disease mouse models. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7320 pubmed publisher..These results show that LTCC blockers had the ex vivo effects of increasing GCase activity and protein in the mouse fibroblasts, but these effects did not translate into similar changes in vivo even at very high drug doses. ..
- von Gerichten J, Schlosser K, Lamprecht D, Morace I, Eckhardt M, Wachten D, et al. Diastereomer-specific quantification of bioactive hexosylceramides from bacteria and mammals. J Lipid Res. 2017;58:1247-1258 pubmed publisher..Finally, this method is shown to separate corresponding hexosylsphingosine standards, promoting its applicability in further investigations. ..