Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GATA4
Description: GATA binding protein 4
Alias: Gata-4, GATA-binding factor 4, GATA-binding protein 4, transcription factor GATA-4
Publications120 found, 100 shown here
- Deletion of GSK-3beta in mice leads to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy secondary to cardiomyoblast hyperproliferationRisto Kerkela
Center for Translational Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Clin Invest 118:3609-18. 2008..and was associated with increased expression and nuclear localization of three regulators of proliferation - GATA4, cyclin D1, and c-Myc...
- Opening of compacted chromatin by early developmental transcription factors HNF3 (FoxA) and GATA-4Lisa Ann Cirillo
Cell and Developmental Biology Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 7701 Burholme Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Mol Cell 9:279-89. 2002..Thus, factors that potentiate transcription in development are inherently capable of initiating chromatin opening events...
- Differential requirement for steroidogenic factor-1 gene dosage in adrenal development versus endocrine functionMichelle L Bland
Department of Physiology, Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program, University of California San Francisco, Box 0444, San Francisco, CA 94143 0444, USA
Mol Endocrinol 18:941-52. 2004..Our findings underscore the need for full SF-1 gene dosage early in adrenal development, but not in the adult adrenal, where compensatory mechanisms restore near normal function...
- MicroRNA-1 negatively regulates expression of the hypertrophy-associated calmodulin and Mef2a genesSadakatsu Ikeda
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital Boston, Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 021151, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:2193-204. 2009..miR-1 also negatively regulated the expression of Mef2a and Gata4, key transcription factors that mediate calcium-dependent changes in gene expression...
- Disruption of MEF2 activity in cardiomyoblasts inhibits cardiomyogenesisChristina Karamboulas
Department of Biochemistry, Medical Sciences Building, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, N6A 5C1, Canada
J Cell Sci 119:4315-21. 2006..an Nkx2-5 enhancer in the P19 system resulted in the loss of both cardiomyocyte development and the expression of GATA4, BMP4, Nkx2-5 and MEF2C...
- WNT signaling promotes Nkx2.5 expression and early cardiomyogenesis via downregulation of Hdac1Zhiqiang Liu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Peking University, 38 Xue Yuan Road, Hai Dian District, Beijing, 100191, China
Biochim Biophys Acta 1793:300-11. 2009..Overexpression of Hdac1 inhibited cardiomyocyte formation and downregulated the expressions of Gata4 and Nkx2.5. Mimicking induction of the WNT pathway inhibited Hdac1 expression with upregulated Nkx2.5 expression...
- GATA6 regulates HNF4 and is required for differentiation of visceral endoderm in the mouse embryoE E Morrisey
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637 USA
Genes Dev 12:3579-90. 1998..and severely attenuate, or fail to express, genes encoding early and late endodermal markers, including HNF4, GATA4, alpha-fetoprotein (AFP), and HNF3beta. Homozygous GATA6(-/-) mice died between embryonic day (E) 6.5 and E7...
- Influence of natriuretic peptide receptor-1 on survival and cardiac hypertrophy during developmentNicola J A Scott
Department of Medicine, University of Otago Christchurch, P O Box 4345, Christchurch, New Zealand
Biochim Biophys Acta 1792:1175-84. 2009..The decreased viability of Npr1(-/-)embryos may result from a combination of cardiomegaly and dysregulated Cx43 protein affecting cardiac contractility...
- Dishevelled-associated activator of morphogenesis 1 (Daam1) is required for heart morphogenesisDeqiang Li
Riley Heart Research Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Development 138:303-15. 2011..Biochemical analyses indicate that Daam1 does not regulate cytoskeletal organization through RhoA, Rac1 or Cdc42. Our study highlights a crucial role for Daam1 in regulating the actin cytoskeleton and tissue morphogenesis...
- Odd-skipped related 1 (Odd 1) is an essential regulator of heart and urogenital developmentQingru Wang
Center for Oral Biology and Department of Biomedical Genetics, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 611, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Dev Biol 288:582-94. 2005..These data provide new insights into the molecular mechanisms underlying heart morphogenesis and urogenital development...
- SUMO-1 modification activated GATA4-dependent cardiogenic gene activityJun Wang
Center for Cardiovascular Development, Division of Cardiovascular Sciences, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 279:49091-8. 2004..b>GATA4, a cardiac-enriched dual zinc finger transcription factor, plays a critical role in regulating cardiac-specified ..
- GATA factors lie upstream of Nkx 2.5 in the transcriptional regulatory cascade that effects cardiogenesisAlison C Brewer
Department of Cardiology, King s College Hospital, London SE5 9RS, UK
Stem Cells Dev 14:425-39. 2005....
- Endothelial lineage-mediated loss of the GATA cofactor Friend of GATA 1 impairs cardiac developmentSamuel G Katz
Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital and Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:14030-5. 2003....
- Differential expression of GATA-4 and GATA-6 in fetal and adult mouse and human adrenal tissueSanne Kiiveri
Children s Hospital, Program for Developmental and Reproductive Biology, Biomedicum Helsinki, Haartmaninkatu 8, 00014 Umiversity of Helsinki, 00290 Helsinki, Finland
Endocrinology 143:3136-43. 2002..To clarify the significance of GATA-4 for early adrenocortical development, Gata4-/- ES cells were injected into eight-cell-stage embryos derived from ROSA26 mice, a transgenic line expressing ..
- GATA-4:FOG interactions regulate gastric epithelial development in the mouseChristina M Jacobsen
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis Children s Hospital, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Dev Dyn 234:355-62. 2005..To show that GATA-4:FOG interactions influence stomach development, we analyzed Gata4(ki/ki) mice, which express a mutant GATA-4 that cannot bind FOG cofactors...
- The murine Muc2 mucin gene is transcriptionally regulated by the zinc-finger GATA-4 transcription factor in intestinal cellsMaria Van Der Sluis
Laboratory of Paediatrics, Department of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Erasmus MC and Sophia Children Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 325:952-60. 2004..Altogether, these results identify Muc2, a goblet cell marker, as a new target gene of GATA-4 and point out an important role for this factor in Muc2 expression in the intestine...
- Formation of multiple hearts in mice following deletion of beta-catenin in the embryonic endodermHeiko Lickert
Department of Molecular Embryology, Max Planck Institute for Immunobiology, Stuebeweg 51, D 79108 Freiburg, Germany
Dev Cell 3:171-81. 2002..We provide evidence that ablation of beta-catenin in embryonic endoderm changes cell fate from endoderm to precardiac mesoderm, consistent with the existence of bipotential mesendodermal progenitors in mouse embryos...
- Gonadal differentiation, sex determination and normal Sry expression in mice require direct interaction between transcription partners GATA4 and FOG2Sergei G Tevosian
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Development 129:4627-34. 2002..We demonstrate that the transcription factor GATA4 and its co-factor FOG2 are required for gonadal differentiation...
- Disabled-2 is essential for endodermal cell positioning and structure formation during mouse embryogenesisDong Hua Yang
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Dev Biol 251:27-44. 2002..We suggest that Dab2 functions in a signal pathway to regulate endodermal cell organization using endocytosis of ligands from the blastocoel cavity as a positioning cue...
- GATA4/FOG2 transcriptional complex regulates Lhx9 gene expression in murine heart developmentFatima O Smagulova
Department of Genetics, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
BMC Dev Biol 8:67. 2008b>GATA4 and FOG2 proteins are required for normal cardiac development in mice...
- Transcription factor GATA-4 is activated by phosphorylation of serine 261 via the cAMP/protein kinase a signaling pathway in gonadal cellsJacques J Tremblay
Ontogeny and Reproduction Research Unit, Centre Hospitalier de l Université Laval Research Centre and Centre de Recherche en Biologie de la Reproduction, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Universite Laval, Ste Foy, Quebec G1V 4G2, Canada
J Biol Chem 278:22128-35. 2003....
- The cardiac determination factor, Nkx2-5, is activated by mutual cofactors GATA-4 and Smad1/4 via a novel upstream enhancerCarl O Brown
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, The Center for Cardiovascular Development, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 279:10659-69. 2004..In mammalian two hybrid assays, Smad factors recruited the hybrid gene GATA4-VP16 to strongly drive transcription of a reporter gene containing multimerized Smad binding sites These cofactors ..
- COUP-TFII is essential for radial and anteroposterior patterning of the stomachNorio Takamoto
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Development 132:2179-89. 2005..Our results are consistent with a functional link between hedgehog proteins and COUP-TFII, factors that are vital for epithelial-mesenchymal interactions...
- Correct dosage of Fog2 and Gata4 transcription factors is critical for fetal testis development in miceGerrit J Bouma
The Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main Street, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:14994-9. 2007..We report that the Fog2 and Gata4 transcription factors are haploinsufficient for testis determination in mice...
- The Onecut transcription factors HNF-6/OC-1 and OC-2 regulate early liver expansion by controlling hepatoblast migrationSabrina Margagliotti
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Christian de Duve Institute of Cellular Pathology, Avenue Hippocrate 75 7529, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Dev Biol 311:579-89. 2007..This network operating at the onset of liver development contains candidate genes for investigation of liver carcinogenesis...
- CSX/Nkx2.5 modulates differentiation of skeletal myoblasts and promotes differentiation into neuronal cells in vitroAli M Riazi
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery Research Rm 7017, McMaster Bldg, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Ave, Toronto, M5G 1X8 Ontario, Canada
J Biol Chem 280:10716-20. 2005..5 in C2C12 myoblasts inhibited myocyte differentiation and myotube formation, and up-regulated Gata4 and Tbx5 expression. The expression of NKX2...
- Sox7 plays crucial roles in parietal endoderm differentiation in F9 embryonal carcinoma cells through regulating Gata-4 and Gata-6 expressionSugiko Futaki
Sekiguchi Biomatrix Signaling Project, Japanese Science and Technology Agency, Aichi Medical University, 21 Karimata, Yazako Nagakute cho, Aichi Gun, Aichi 480 1195, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 24:10492-503. 2004..Sox7 is therefore required for the induction of Gata-4 and Gata-6, and the interplay among these transcription factors plays a crucial role in parietal endoderm differentiation...
- Expression and regulation of mouse SERDIN1, a highly conserved cardiac-specific leucine-rich repeat proteinIgor I Adameyko
Department of Genetics, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
Dev Dyn 233:540-52. 2005..Cardiac specificity and localization patterns suggest that SERDIN1 is intimately integrated with the molecular pathways controlling cardiogenesis in vertebrates...
- The zinc finger-containing transcription factor Gata-4 is expressed in the developing endocrine pancreas and activates glucagon gene expressionBeate Ritz-Laser
Diabetes Unit, University Hospital Geneva, 24, Rue Micheli du Crest, CH 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Mol Endocrinol 19:759-70. 2005....
- GATA4 is a dosage-sensitive regulator of cardiac morphogenesisWilliam T Pu
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dev Biol 275:235-44. 2004Normal heart development is orchestrated by a set of highly conserved transcription factors that includes GATA4, Nkx2-5, and Tbx5. Heterozygous mutation of each of these genes causes congenital heart disease in humans...
- Gata4 expression in lateral mesoderm is downstream of BMP4 and is activated directly by Forkhead and GATA transcription factors through a distal enhancer elementAnabel Rojas
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0130, USA
Development 132:3405-17. 2005..b>GATA4 is an early regulator of gene expression during the development of endoderm and mesoderm, and genetic studies in ..
- GATA4 is essential for formation of the proepicardium and regulates cardiogenesisAlistair J Watt
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology, and Anatomy, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53202
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:12573-8. 2004The role of GATA4 during the earliest stages of cardiogenesis has not been defined because Gata4 knockout embryos suffer an early developmental arrest caused by deficiencies in extraembryonic visceral endoderm function...
- The regulation of Sox9 gene expression by the GATA4/FOG2 transcriptional complex in dominant XX sex reversal mouse modelsNikolay L Manuylov
Department of Genetics, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH, USA
Dev Biol 307:356-67. 2007We have previously established an in vivo requirement for GATA4 and FOG2 transcription factors in sexual differentiation...
- Morphogenesis of the right ventricle requires myocardial expression of Gata4Elisabeth M Zeisberg
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Clin Invest 115:1522-31. 2005..One such regulatory gene is Gata4, a zinc finger transcription factor...
- Conditional mutagenesis of the murine serum response factor gene blocks cardiogenesis and the transcription of downstream gene targetsZhiyv Niu
Center for Cardiovascular Development, Division of Cardiovascular Sciences, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 280:32531-8. 2005..myocytes in aggregated SRF null embryonic stem cells, whereas the appearance of transcription factors Nkx2-5 and GATA4 were unaffected...
- Hex homeobox gene-dependent tissue positioning is required for organogenesis of the ventral pancreasRoque Bort
Cell and Developmental Biology Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 7701 Burholme Aveue, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Development 131:797-806. 2004..Other endodermal transcription factors may also function morphogenetically rather than by directly regulating tissue-specific programs...
- Hepatocyte nuclear factor-1 alpha, GATA-4, and caudal related homeodomain protein Cdx2 interact functionally to modulate intestinal gene transcription. Implication for the developmental regulation of the sucrase-isomaltase geneFrancois Boudreau
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 277:31909-17. 2002..These findings imply a combinatory role of HNF-1 alpha, Cdx2, and GATA-4 for the time- and position-dependent regulation of SI transcription during development...
- Depletion of definitive gut endoderm in Sox17-null mutant miceMasami Kanai-Azuma
Department of Veterinary Anatomy, The University of Tokyo, Yayoi 1 1 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Development 129:2367-79. 2002..Our findings indicate an important role of Sox17 in endoderm development in the mouse, highlighting the idea that the molecular mechanism for endoderm formation is likely to be conserved among vertebrates...
- Development of the mammalian liver and ventral pancreas is dependent on GATA4Alistair J Watt
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology and Anatomy, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53202, USA
BMC Dev Biol 7:37. 2007..b>GATA4, a zinc finger transcription factor, is strongly expressed in these endodermal domains and molecular analyses have ..
- Distinct functions are implicated for the GATA-4, -5, and -6 transcription factors in the regulation of intestine epithelial cell differentiationX Gao
Department of Development and Molecular Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:2901-11. 1998..Based on this data, we suggest that GATA-6 might function primarily within the proliferating progenitor population, while GATA-4 and GATA-5 function during differentiation to activate terminal-differentiation genes including IFABP...
- The tumor suppressor gene Smad4/Dpc4 is required for gastrulation and later for anterior development of the mouse embryoC Sirard
Amgen Institute, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2C1, Canada
Genes Dev 12:107-19. 1998..Rescued embryos show severe anterior truncations, indicating a second important role for Smad4 in anterior patterning during embryogenesis...
- Wild-type endoderm abrogates the ventral developmental defects associated with GATA-4 deficiency in the mouseN Narita
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Dev Biol 189:270-4. 1997..in mesoderm or endoderm accounts for the phenotype of the knockout mouse, we prepared chimeric mice by injecting Gata4-/- ES cells into 8-cell stage ROSA26(Gata4+/+) embryos...
- Perception of differentiation cues by GATA factors in primitive endoderm lineage determination of mouse embryonic stem cellsCallinice D Capo-chichi
Ovarian Cancer and Tumor Cell Biology Programs, Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111 2497, USA
Dev Biol 286:574-86. 2005..This study indicates that the lineage differentiation of ES cells can be manipulated by the expression of GATA factors...
- GATA4 transcription factor is required for ventral morphogenesis and heart tube formationC T Kuo
Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Genes Dev 11:1048-60. 1997Previous studies have suggested that the GATA4 transcription factor plays an important role in regulating mammalian cardiac development. In the studies described in this report we have used gene targeting to produce GATA4-deficient mice...
- PAR3 is essential for cyst-mediated epicardial development by establishing apical cortical domainsTomonori Hirose
Department of Molecular Biology, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medical Science, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan
Development 133:1389-98. 2006..These results also provide a clear example of the proper organization of epithelial tissues through the regulation of individual cell polarity...
- GATA-6: a zinc finger transcription factor that is expressed in multiple cell lineages derived from lateral mesodermE E Morrisey
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, 60637, USA
Dev Biol 177:309-22. 1996....
- Mouse GATA-4: a retinoic acid-inducible GATA-binding transcription factor expressed in endodermally derived tissues and heartR J Arceci
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Boston Children s Hospital, Massachusetts
Mol Cell Biol 13:2235-46. 1993..On the basis of its tissue distribution, we speculate that GATA-4 plays a role in gene expression in the heart, intestinal epithelium, primitive endoderm, and gonads...
- Stomach development is dependent on fibroblast growth factor 10/fibroblast growth factor receptor 2b-mediated signalingBradley Spencer-Dene
Experimental Pathology Laboratory, Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute, London, England
Gastroenterology 130:1233-44. 2006..Mice lacking either component (Fgfr2b-/- or Fgf10-/-) were examined to determine the role of Fgfr2b-mediated signaling during gastric organogenesis...
- Localization of transcription factor GATA-4 to regions of the mouse embryo involved in cardiac developmentM Heikinheimo
Edward Mallinckrodt Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110
Dev Biol 164:361-73. 1994..The temporal and spacial patterns of GATA-4 expression support a role for this factor in the regulation of cardiac differentiation, analogous to the established role of transcription factor GATA-1 in the regulation of hematopoiesis...
- GATA-4 incompletely substitutes for GATA-1 in promoting both primitive and definitive erythropoiesis in vivoSakie Hosoya-Ohmura
Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, Center for Tsukuba Advanced Research Alliance, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba 305 8577, Japan
J Biol Chem 281:32820-30. 2006..These data thus show a functional incompatibility between hematopoietic and endodermal GATA factors in vivo and provide evidence indicating specific roles of the C-terminal region of GATA-1 in primitive erythropoiesis...
- The transcription factor HNF3beta is required in visceral endoderm for normal primitive streak morphogenesisD Dufort
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5G 1X5
Development 125:3015-25. 1998..We show that such mutant embryos lack foregut and midgut endoderm. In addition, left-right asymmetry is affected in the mutant embryos...
- Requirement of the transcription factor GATA4 for heart tube formation and ventral morphogenesisJ D Molkentin
Department of Molecular Biology and Oncology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 75235 9148, USA
Genes Dev 11:1061-72. 1997The zinc finger transcription factor GATA4 has been implicated in heart development based on its early expression in precardiogenic splanchnic mesoderm and its ability to activate the expression of a number of cardiac-specific genes...
- Differentiation of embryonic stem cells is induced by GATA factorsJunji Fujikura
Stem Cell Regulation Research, Area of Molecular Therapeutics, Course of Advanced Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Genes Dev 16:784-9. 2002..We believe that this is the first report of a physiological differentiation event induced by the ectopic expression of a transcription factor in ES cells...
- GATA-4 gene organization and analysis of its promoterYasunori Ohara
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, Suita, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 29:410-9. 2006..Interestingly, they exhibit increased luciferase reporter gene activity upon induction by DMSO. Both proximal tandem GC-boxes and the E-box are also contributed to the reporter gene activity in P19.CL6 cells...
- Genetic mosaic analysis reveals that GATA-4 is required for proper differentiation of mouse gastric epitheliumChristina M Jacobsen
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Dev Biol 241:34-46. 2002..the role of GATA-4 in specification of definitive gastric endoderm, we generated chimeric mice by introducing Gata4(-/-) ES cells into ROSA26 morulae or blastocysts. In E14...
- A murine model of Holt-Oram syndrome defines roles of the T-box transcription factor Tbx5 in cardiogenesis and diseaseB G Bruneau
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 106:709-21. 2001....
- Proper coronary vascular development and heart morphogenesis depend on interaction of GATA-4 with FOG cofactorsJ D Crispino
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Genes Dev 15:839-44. 2001..To search for a requirement for Gata4 in heart development, we created mice harboring a single amino acid replacement in GATA-4 that impairs its ..
- FOG-2, a cofactor for GATA transcription factors, is essential for heart morphogenesis and development of coronary vessels from epicardiumS G Tevosian
Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital and Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cell 101:729-39. 2000..Our findings provide the molecular inroad into the induction of coronary vasculature by myocardium in the developing heart...
- A syndrome of tricuspid atresia in mice with a targeted mutation of the gene encoding Fog-2E C Svensson
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Nat Genet 25:353-6. 2000..Most cases of TA are sporadic, but familial occurrences with disease in multiple siblings have been reported. Gata4 is a zinc-finger transcription factor with a role in early cardiac development...
- Expression and regulation of transcription factors GATA-4 and GATA-6 in developing mouse testisI Ketola
Children s Hospital, University of Helsinki, Finland
Endocrinology 140:1470-80. 1999..In light of these results, we propose that transcription factors GATA-4 and GATA-6 play differing roles in the maturation and function of testicular somatic cells...
- The cardiac homeobox gene Csx/Nkx2.5 lies genetically upstream of multiple genes essential for heart developmentM Tanaka
Cardiovascular Division, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Development 126:1269-80. 1999..5 null cells exert dominant interfering effects on cardiac development, and (6) there were severe defects in yolk sac angiogenesis and hematopoiesis in the Csx/Nkx2.5 null embryos...
- Molecular cloning of FOG-2: a modulator of transcription factor GATA-4 in cardiomyocytesE C Svensson
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:956-61. 1999....
- Hex homeobox gene controls the transition of the endoderm to a pseudostratified, cell emergent epithelium for liver bud developmentRoque Bort
Cell and Developmental Biology Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Dev Biol 290:44-56. 2006..Thus, Hex promotes endoderm organogenesis by promoting the transition to a pseudostratified epithelium, which in turn allows hepatoblasts to emerge into the stromal environment and continue differentiating...
- Conditional deletion of focal adhesion kinase leads to defects in ventricular septation and outflow tract alignmentZeenat S Hakim
Department of Pathology and Carolina Cardiovascular Biology Center, 501 Brinkhous Bullitt Bldg CB 7525, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:5352-64. 2007..Future studies will be necessary to determine the precise contributions of the additional nkx2-5-derived lineages to the phenotypes observed...
- An alternative transcript of the FOG-2 gene encodes a FOG-2 isoform lacking the FOG repression motifRodney M Dale
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Avenue, MC6088, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 357:683-7. 2007..It can bind GATA4 avidly, but is unable to repress GATA4-mediated activation of cardiac-restricted gene promoters...
- GATA-4 is required for sex steroidogenic cell development in the fetal mouseMalgorzata Bielinska
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis Children s Hospital, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Dev Dyn 236:203-13. 2007..First, chimeric mice were generated by injection of Gata4-/- ES cells into Rosa26 blastocysts...
- Isolation of cardiac cells from E8.5 yolk sac by ALCAM (CD166) expressionYoshinobu Murakami
Foundation of Biomedical Research and Innovation, 2 2 Minatojima Minamimachi, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0047, Japan
Mech Dev 124:830-9. 2007..5 yolk sacs and can be isolated as ALCAM high+, Flk-1- cells. Our report provides novel insights into the origin and differentiation process of cardiac cells in the formation of the circulatory system...
- Characterization and in vivo pharmacological rescue of a Wnt2-Gata6 pathway required for cardiac inflow tract developmentYing Tian
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Dev Cell 18:275-87. 2010..These data reveal a molecular pathway regulating the posterior cardiac mesoderm and demonstrate that cardiovascular defects caused by loss of Wnt signaling can be rescued pharmacologically in vivo...
- Conserved usage of alternative 5' untranslated exons of the GATA4 geneSéverine Mazaud Guittot
Reproduction, Perinatal and Child Health, Centre de Recherche du Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Québec, Quebec City, Canada
PLoS ONE 4:e8454. 2009b>GATA4 is an essential transcription factor required for the development and function of multiple organs. Despite this important role, our knowledge of how the GATA4 gene is regulated remains limited...
- Lamina-associated polypeptide 2alpha loss impairs heart function and stress response in miceIvana Gotic
Max F Perutz Laboratories, Medical University of Vienna, Dr Bohr Gasse 9 3, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
Circ Res 106:346-53. 2010..Because mutations in lamins and LAP2alpha lead to cardiac disorders in humans, we hypothesized that these factors may play important roles in heart development and adult tissue homeostasis...
- Gata4 directs development of cardiac-inducing endoderm from ES cellsAudrey Holtzinger
Department of Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical School, New York, NY 10021, USA
Dev Biol 337:63-73. 2010The transcription factor Gata4 is essential for normal heart morphogenesis and regulates the survival, growth, and proliferation of cardiomyocytes...
- Selective interaction between Trf3 and Taf3 required for early development and hematopoiesisDaniel O Hart
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01605, USA
Dev Dyn 238:2540-9. 2009..Thus, a selective interaction between Trf3 and Taf3 is required for early zebrafish development and initiation of hematopoiesis. Finally, we provide evidence that TRF3 and TAF3 are also required for hematopoiesis initiation in the mouse...
- VEGF and IHH rescue definitive hematopoiesis in Gata-4 and Gata-6-deficient murine embryoid bodiesMonique Pierre
Department of Pediatrics, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Exp Hematol 37:1038-53. 2009..Therefore, we compared Gata-4 null (G4N) and Gata-6 null (G6N) EBs with wild-type EBs to assess their ability to commit to hematopoietic cells...
- Transgenic mice expressing small interfering RNA against Gata4 point to a crucial role of Gata4 in the heart and gonadsBoris Thurisch
Department of Neonatology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin, Germany
J Mol Endocrinol 43:157-69. 2009Homozygous deficiency of the transcription factor Gata4 in mice causes lethality due to defects in ventral morphogenesis and heart tube formation...
- C-Fos elimination compensates for disabled-2 requirement in mouse extraembryonic endoderm developmentDong Hua Yang
Ovarian Cancer Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Dev Dyn 238:514-23. 2009....
- Regulation of P450c17 expression in the early embryo depends on GATA factorsYimin Shi
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Science, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0556, USA
Endocrinology 150:946-56. 2009..Overexpression of SF-1 has no effect, whereas overexpression of GATA4 in F9 cells increases transcription from -110/-55 fused to a reporter and increases endogenous P450c17 mRNA...
- Vertebrate homologs of tinman and bagpipe: roles of the homeobox genes in cardiovascular developmentM Tanaka
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Dev Genet 22:239-49. 1998..In this paper, we discuss molecular mechanisms of cardiovascular development with particular emphasis on roles of transcription factors...
- Reassessment of Isl1 and Nkx2-5 cardiac fate maps using a Gata4-based reporter of Cre activityQing Ma
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dev Biol 323:98-104. 2008..We found that a Gata4-based Cre-activated reporter was recombined by Isl1(Cre) and Nkx2-5(Cre) in a substantially broader domain than ..
- A myocardial lineage derives from Tbx18 epicardial cellsChen Leng Cai
Skaggs School of Pharmacy, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Nature 454:104-8. 2008..The pluripotency of Tbx18 proepicardial cells provides a theoretical framework for applying these progenitors to effect cardiac repair and regeneration...
- A GATA4/WT1 cooperation regulates transcription of genes required for mammalian sex determination and differentiationYoko Miyamoto
Ontogeny Reproduction Research Unit, Centre de Recherche du Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec CRCHUQ, Quebec City, QC, G1V 4G2, Canada
BMC Mol Biol 9:44. 2008..Sry expression has been shown to be markedly reduced in transgenic mice harboring a mutant GATA4 protein (a member of the GATA family of transcription factors) disrupted in its ability to interact with its ..
- Hepatocyte nuclear factor 4alpha contributes to thyroid hormone homeostasis by cooperatively regulating the type 1 iodothyronine deiodinase gene with GATA4 and Kruppel-like transcription factor 9Hiroto Ohguchi
Laboratory of Systems Biology and Medicine, Research Center for Advanced Science and Technology, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 153 8904, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 28:3917-31. 2008..Furthermore, KLF9 functions together with HNF4alpha and GATA4 to synergistically activate the mouse Dio1 promoter, suggesting that Dio1 is regulated by thyroid hormone in the ..
- Loss of both GATA4 and GATA6 blocks cardiac myocyte differentiation and results in acardia in miceRoong Zhao
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology and Anatomy, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Dev Biol 317:614-9. 2008..Candidates include the zinc finger transcription factors GATA binding proteins 4 and 6 (GATA4, GATA6)...
- Wt1 and retinoic acid signaling are essential for stellate cell development and liver morphogenesisA IJpenberg
MRC Human Genetics Unit, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
Dev Biol 312:157-70. 2007..Mechanistically, at least part of this effect is mediated via the retinoic acid signaling pathway...
- Cardiomyocyte GATA4 functions as a stress-responsive regulator of angiogenesis in the murine heartJoerg Heineke
Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
J Clin Invest 117:3198-210. 2007The transcription factor GATA4 is a critical regulator of cardiac gene expression, modulating cardiomyocyte differentiation and adaptive responses of the adult heart...
- Retinoic acid regulates differentiation of the secondary heart field and TGFbeta-mediated outflow tract septationPeng Li
Broad Center for Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Research, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Dev Cell 18:480-5. 2010..This may be a common pathogenic pathway when second heart field and septation defects are coupled...
- Mutation of an upstream cleavage site in the BMP4 prodomain leads to tissue-specific loss of activityDevorah C Goldman
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Oregon Health and Sciences University, School of Medicine, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239 3098, USA
Development 133:1933-42. 2006..In addition, these studies provide the first genetic evidence that BMP4 is required for dorsal vertebral fusion and closure of the ventral body wall...
- The mouse Gata4 transcription factor maps to chromosome 14G Sebastiani
Department of Biochemistry, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Mamm Genome 6:442-3. 1995
- Requirement for tumor suppressor Apc in the morphogenesis of anterior and ventral mouse embryoTomo o Ishikawa
Department of Pharmacology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, 606 8501, Japan
Dev Biol 253:230-46. 2003..Our results provide genetic evidence that expression of Apc at the normal level is essential for both anterior and ventral development, in the epiblast derivatives and visceral endoderm...
- Roles of protein kinase C and alpha-tocopherol in regulation of signal transduction for GATA-4 phosphorylation in HL-1 cardiac muscle cellsSophie A Clément
Antioxidants Research Laboratory, Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging at Tufts University, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 32:341-9. 2002..Thus, in HL-1 cardiac muscle cells, PMA activates the MEK-ERK-GATA-4 pathway, apparently via a PKC-independent mechanism...
- Defects of the heart, eye, and megakaryocytes in peroxisome proliferator activator receptor-binding protein (PBP) null embryos implicate GATA family of transcription factorsSusan E Crawford
Department of Pathology, Northwestern University School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611 3008, USA
J Biol Chem 277:3585-92. 2002..These observations identify the GATA family of transcription factors as a new interacting partner of PBP and demonstrate that PBP is essential for normal development of vital organ systems...
- BMP type II receptor is required for gastrulation and early development of mouse embryosH Beppu
Department of Biochemistry, The Cancer Institute of the Japanese Foundation for Cancer Research, Research for the Future Program, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, 1 37 1 Kami Ikebukuro, Toshima ku, Tokyo, 170 8455, Japan
Dev Biol 221:249-58. 2000..Our results suggest that the function of BMPR-II is essential for epiblast differentiation and mesoderm induction during early mouse development...
- MesP1 is expressed in the heart precursor cells and required for the formation of a single heart tubeY Saga
Cellular and Molecular Toxicology Division, National Institute of Health Sciences, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 158, Japan
Development 126:3437-47. 1999..These results strongly suggest that MesP1 is expressed in the heart tube precursor cells and is required for mesodermal cells to depart from the primitive streak and to generate a single heart tube...
- Control of early cardiac-specific transcription of Nkx2-5 by a GATA-dependent enhancerC L Lien
Departments of Molecular Biology and Oncology and Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX 75235 9148, USA
Development 126:75-84. 1999..cardiac enhancer contains a high-affinity binding site for the cardiac-restricted zinc finger transcription factor GATA4 that is essential for transcriptional activity...
- Failure of ventral closure and axial rotation in embryos lacking the proprotein convertase FurinA J Roebroek
Laboratory for Molecular Oncology, Experimental Genetics Group, Center for Human Genetics, University of Leuven and Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology VIB, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven
Development 125:4863-76. 1998..Overall, the present data identify Furin as an important activator of signals responsible for ventral closure and embryonic turning...
- Mouse mutant embryos lacking huntingtin are rescued from lethality by wild-type extraembryonic tissuesI Dragatsis
Department of Genetics, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Development 125:1529-39. 1998....
- GATA-5: a transcriptional activator expressed in a novel temporally and spatially-restricted pattern during embryonic developmentE E Morrisey
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Dev Biol 183:21-36. 1997..Moreover, these data suggest that GATA-5 may play an important role in the transcriptional program(s) that underlies smooth muscle cell diversity...
- Chromosomal assignment of four testis-expressed mouse genes from a new family of transmembrane proteins (ADAMs) involved in cell-cell adhesion and fusionC Cho
Department of Physiology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut, 06030, USA
Genomics 34:413-7. 1996....
- Targeted mutagenesis of the transcription factor GATA-4 gene in mouse embryonic stem cells disrupts visceral endoderm differentiation in vitroC Soudais
Department of Medicine, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Chicago School of Medicine, IL, USA
Development 121:3877-88. 1995..These homozygous deficient cells should yield insights into the regulation of yolk sac endoderm development and the factors expressed by visceral endoderm that influence differentiation of adjoining ectoderm/mesoderm...
- GATA-4/5/6, a subfamily of three transcription factors transcribed in developing heart and gutA C Laverriere
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111
J Biol Chem 269:23177-84. 1994..These studies thus provide novel insights into tissue-specific regulation by GATA-5, as well as into possibly overlapping regulatory functions for these three family members...
- Assignment of the transcription factor GATA4 gene to human chromosome 8 and mouse chromosome 14: Gata4 is a candidate gene for Ds (disorganization)R A White
Section of Genetics, Children s Mercy Hospital, UMKC School of Medicine, Kansas City, Missouri 64108, USA
Genomics 27:20-6. 1995..The human GATA4 gene was assigned to the short arm of human chromosome 8 using genomic DNAs from human-rodent somatic cell hybrid ..
- Generation of a floxed allele of Smad5 for cre-mediated conditional knockout in the mouseLieve Umans
Department of Developmental Biology VIB 7, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology VIB, and Laboratory of Molecular Biology Celgen, University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Genesis 37:5-11. 2003..Smad5(flE2/flE2) mice are now available and will be a valuable tool to analyze the role of Smad5 beyond its crucial early embryonic function throughout development and postnatal life...
- MOUSE MODELS TO STUDY GONADAL TUMOR DEVELOPMENTMartin M Matzuk; Fiscal Year: 2010..Characterization of these mice will lead to important insights into the development of gonadal cancers in men and women and the roles of several proteins in reproductive physiology. ..
- Role of Fog2 in Lung and Diaphragm DevelopmentKate Ackerman; Fiscal Year: 2007..In Aim 3, the human genes, FOG2 and GATA 4/5/6 will be sequenced in patients with congenital diaphragmatic defects and pulmonary hypoplasia...
- ANALYSIS OF REPRODUCTIVE FUNCTION USING TRANSGENIC MICEMartin Matzuk; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- MOUSE MODELS TO STUDY GONADAL TUMOR DEVELOPMENTMartin Matzuk; Fiscal Year: 2007..Characterization of these mice will lead to important insights into the development of gonadal cancers in men and women and the roles of several proteins in reproductive physiology. ..
- EXERCISE HYPERTROPHY AND CONTROL OF MYOSIN INDUCTIONRichard Tsika; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS OF ACTIVINS DURING DEVELOPMENTMartin Matzuk; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Calcium-mediated modulation of cardiac developmentGeorge Porter; Fiscal Year: 2006..Combined with Dr. Rivkees mentorship, these resources should allow the applicant to develop into a successful independent investigator and make great contributions to the field of developmental cardiology. ..
- Insulin Signaling in the Anterior PituitaryMARK LAWSON; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Sexually Dimorphic Regulation Of SF-1 In GonadogenesisJOAN JORGENSEN; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Mechanisms of Response to GnRH Receptor SignalingMARK LAWSON; Fiscal Year: 2005..Isolation of actively translated and total mRNA from treated and control cells will allow identification and quantification of global changes in gene expression. ..
- Genome-wide discovery of alternative splicing in human heart failureWilliam Pu; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will apply this technology to better understand gene expression changes in heart failure. This understanding will lead to new hypotheses about how heart failure develops and about how we might improve its treatment. ..
- Genetic Regulation of Cardiac SeptationVidu Garg; Fiscal Year: 2007..Utilizing genome-wide linkage analysis, we discovered point mutations in GATA4, which encodes a zinc finger transcription factor critical for normal cardiac development, that were associated ..
- GNRH SIGNALING MECHANISMS IN THE PITUITARY GONADOTROPEMARK ANDREW LAWSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..We are investigating the mechanisms cells use to adapt to stress and preserve normal cell function. These regulatory pathways are essential to assure proper reproductive hormone synthesis and reproductive success. ..
- Genetic and Molecular Analysis of Mouse Mutants with Congenital Heart DefectsIVAN PAUL MOSKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2010..The objective of this project is to gain a better understanding of atrial septal progenitor cell specification and function. The long- term goal of this work is to understand the ontogeny of atrial septal defects. ..
- Epicardial Contribution to the Developing and Postnatal HeartWILLIAM TSWENCHING PU; Fiscal Year: 2010..These experiments will prepare the foundation for future studies on potential therapeutic uses of epicardium as a source of cells and signals to treat heart failure. ..
- Genetic and Molecular Analysis of Mouse Mutants with Congenital Heart DefectsIvan Moskowitz; Fiscal Year: 2009..The objective of this project is to gain a better understanding of atrial septal progenitor cell specification and function. The long- term goal of this work is to understand the ontogeny of atrial septal defects. ..
- GNRH SIGNALING MECHANISMS IN THE PITUITARY GONADOTROPEMARK LAWSON; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- A Screen for Mouse Cardiovascular Morphogenesis MutantsIvan Moskowitz; Fiscal Year: 2007..The candidate will combine clinical expertise with research training to pursue a career as a clinician-scientist in the field of cardiovascular morphogenesis and congenital heart disease. ..
- EXERCISE HYPERTROPHY AND CONTROL OF MYOSIN INDUCTIONRichard Tsika; Fiscal Year: 2001..These experiments are expected to identify potential protein/DNA targets for therapies aimed at providing countermeasures to derangements in muscle phenotypes and growth patterns attributable to muscle diseases. ..
- MOUSE MODELS TO STUDY GONADAL TUMOR DEVELOPMENTMartin Matzuk; Fiscal Year: 2000..Aim 4 will define the pattern of expression/extinction of cell cycle regulatory molecules that accompanies tumor development and growth. ..
- MOUSE MODELS TO STUDY GONADAL TUMOR DEVELOPMENTMartin Matzuk; Fiscal Year: 2005..The studies in this competitive renewal proposal will continue to define the inhibin signaling process and the mechanism of inhibin action in gonadal and adrenal function in vivo. ..
- ALTERED MECHANICAL LOADS AND SKELETAL MUSCLE PHENOTYPERichard Tsika; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS OF ACTIVINS DURING DEVELOPMENTMartin Matzuk; Fiscal Year: 2003..Future studies using these mice as in vivo mammalian model systems will enable us to more fully understand the interrelated roles of these proteins in mammalian development and physiology. ..
- GNRH SIGNALING MECHANISMS IN THE PITUITARY GONADOTROPEMARK LAWSON; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Bone Morphogenic Protein Signaling Pathways in Uterine BiologyMartin M Matzuk; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- MOUSE MODELS TO STUDY GONADAL TUMOR DEVELOPMENTMartin Matzuk; Fiscal Year: 2009..Characterization of these mice will lead to important insights into the development of gonadal cancers in men and women and the roles of several proteins in reproductive physiology. ..
- Epicardial Contribution to the Developing and Postnatal HeartWilliam Pu; Fiscal Year: 2009..These experiments will prepare the foundation for future studies on potential therapeutic uses of epicardium as a source of cells and signals to treat heart failure. ..
- Regulation of Heart Function by a Gata4-Fog2 transcriptional complexWILLIAM TSWENCHING PU; Fiscal Year: 2010..Cardiac gene expression is also controlled by a set of key transcription factors, including GATA4, which is essential for cardiac hypertrophy...
- THE ROLE OF UFD1 AND CDC45 IN NEURAL CREST DEVELOPMENTVidu Garg; Fiscal Year: 2004..The function of Cdc45 will be examined in vivo in chick embryos by retrovirally mediated alteration of gene expression. A yeast two hybrid assay will be utilized to determine if Ufdl, Cdc45, and Hira interact with one another. ..
- HAND GENES IN CARDIAC DEVELOPMENTWilliam Pu; Fiscal Year: 2004..This experience, and the information generated in this plan, will launch the applicant's career as an independent investigator. ..
- STEROIDS REPRESS LH THROUGH PROTEIN/PROTEIN INTERACTIONSJOAN JORGENSEN; Fiscal Year: 2003..In Aim 3, we propose to design transgenic mice in order to define the site and mechanism of steroidogenic regulation on the LHbeta subunit gene. ..
- Defining the Mammalian Intercellular Bridge InteractomeMartin Matzuk; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our proposed Specific Aims will also help us to develop additional high throughput screening assays for the identification of small molecule disruptors of the intercellular bridge. ..