Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GATA4
Description: GATA binding protein 4
Alias: Gata-4, GATA-binding factor 4, GATA-binding protein 4, transcription factor GATA-4
Publications150 found, 100 shown here
- Differentiation of embryonic stem cells is induced by GATA factorsJunji Fujikura
Stem Cell Regulation Research, Area of Molecular Therapeutics, Course of Advanced Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Genes Dev 16:784-9. 2002..We believe that this is the first report of a physiological differentiation event induced by the ectopic expression of a transcription factor in ES cells...
- GATA4 transcription factor is required for ventral morphogenesis and heart tube formationC T Kuo
Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Genes Dev 11:1048-60. 1997Previous studies have suggested that the GATA4 transcription factor plays an important role in regulating mammalian cardiac development. In the studies described in this report we have used gene targeting to produce GATA4-deficient mice...
- Requirement of the transcription factor GATA4 for heart tube formation and ventral morphogenesisJ D Molkentin
Department of Molecular Biology and Oncology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 75235 9148, USA
Genes Dev 11:1061-72. 1997The zinc finger transcription factor GATA4 has been implicated in heart development based on its early expression in precardiogenic splanchnic mesoderm and its ability to activate the expression of a number of cardiac-specific genes...
- An endocardial pathway involving Tbx5, Gata4, and Nos3 required for atrial septum formationMathieu Nadeau
Research Unit in Cardiac Growth and Differentiation and Molecular Biology Program, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada H3C 3J7
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:19356-61. 2010....
- The mouse forkhead gene Foxc1 is required for primordial germ cell migration and antral follicle developmentDeidre Mattiske
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Box 3709, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Dev Biol 290:447-58. 2006..We conclude that alongside its previously known roles in kidney, cardiovascular and eye development, Foxc1 has essential functions during at least two stages of gonad development-germ cell migration and folliculogenesis...
- Spectrum of heart disease associated with murine and human GATA4 mutationSatish K Rajagopal
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 43:677-85. 2007The transcription factor GATA4 is essential for heart morphogenesis. Heterozygous mutation of GATA4 causes familial septal defects. However, the phenotypic spectrum of heterozygous GATA4 mutation is not known...
- SUMO-1 modification activated GATA4-dependent cardiogenic gene activityJun Wang
Center for Cardiovascular Development, Division of Cardiovascular Sciences, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 279:49091-8. 2004..b>GATA4, a cardiac-enriched dual zinc finger transcription factor, plays a critical role in regulating cardiac-specified ..
- Acetylation of GATA-4 is involved in the differentiation of embryonic stem cells into cardiac myocytesTeruhisa Kawamura
Division of Translational Research, Kyoto Medical Center, National Hospital Organization, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:19682-8. 2005..5 promoter and of endogenous cardiac beta-myosin heavy chain during the differentiation. These findings demonstrate that acetylation of GATA-4 as well as of histones is involved in the differentiation of ES cells into cardiac myocytes...
- The transcription factors GATA4 and GATA6 regulate cardiomyocyte hypertrophy in vitro and in vivoQ Liang
Department of Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
J Biol Chem 276:30245-53. 2001The zinc finger-containing transcription factors GATA4 and GATA6 are important regulators of basal and inducible gene expression in cardiac and smooth muscle cell types...
- GATA4 is essential for formation of the proepicardium and regulates cardiogenesisAlistair J Watt
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology, and Anatomy, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53202
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:12573-8. 2004The role of GATA4 during the earliest stages of cardiogenesis has not been defined because Gata4 knockout embryos suffer an early developmental arrest caused by deficiencies in extraembryonic visceral endoderm function...
- Identification of downstream genetic pathways of Tbx1 in the second heart fieldJun Liao
Department of Molecular Genetics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Ave, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Dev Biol 316:524-37. 2008..Nkx2-6, were downregulated in Tbx1(-/-) mutants, while genes required for cardiac morphogenesis, such as Raldh2, Gata4, and Tbx5, as well as a subset of muscle contractile genes, signifying myocardial differentiation, were ..
- Gata4 directs development of cardiac-inducing endoderm from ES cellsAudrey Holtzinger
Department of Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical School, New York, NY 10021, USA
Dev Biol 337:63-73. 2010The transcription factor Gata4 is essential for normal heart morphogenesis and regulates the survival, growth, and proliferation of cardiomyocytes...
- Tbx20 dose-dependently regulates transcription factor networks required for mouse heart and motoneuron developmentJun K Takeuchi
Cardiovascular Research, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, M5G 1X8, Canada
Development 132:2463-74. 2005..Tbx20 synergized with Isl1 and Gata4 to activate both the Mef2c and Nkx2-5 enhancers, thus providing a unifying mechanism for gene activation by Tbx20 ..
- Opening of compacted chromatin by early developmental transcription factors HNF3 (FoxA) and GATA-4Lisa Ann Cirillo
Cell and Developmental Biology Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 7701 Burholme Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Mol Cell 9:279-89. 2002..Thus, factors that potentiate transcription in development are inherently capable of initiating chromatin opening events...
- Direct transcriptional regulation of Gata4 during early endoderm specification is controlled by FoxA2 binding to an intronic enhancerAnabel Rojas
Centro Andaluz de Biología Molecular y Medicina Regenerativa CIBERDEM, Sevilla, Spain
Dev Biol 346:346-55. 2010..the transcription factors that have been shown to be important for endoderm development and gut morphogenesis is GATA4. Despite the important role of GATA4 in endoderm development, its transcriptional regulation is not well ..
- Gata4 is essential for the maintenance of jejunal-ileal identities in the adult mouse small intestineTjalling Bosse
GI Cell Biology, EN 720, Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:9060-70. 2006b>Gata4, a member of the zinc finger family of GATA transcription factors, is highly expressed in duodenum and jejunum but is nearly undetectable in distal ileum of adult mice...
- A GATA4/WT1 cooperation regulates transcription of genes required for mammalian sex determination and differentiationYoko Miyamoto
Ontogeny Reproduction Research Unit, Centre de Recherche du Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec CRCHUQ, Quebec City, QC, G1V 4G2, Canada
BMC Mol Biol 9:44. 2008..Sry expression has been shown to be markedly reduced in transgenic mice harboring a mutant GATA4 protein (a member of the GATA family of transcription factors) disrupted in its ability to interact with its ..
- Cardiac-specific deletion of Gata4 reveals its requirement for hypertrophy, compensation, and myocyte viabilityToru Oka
Department of Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
Circ Res 98:837-45. 2006The transcription factor GATA4 is a critical regulator of cardiac gene expression where it controls embryonic development, cardiomyocyte differentiation, and stress responsiveness of the adult heart...
- Odd-skipped related 1 (Odd 1) is an essential regulator of heart and urogenital developmentQingru Wang
Center for Oral Biology and Department of Biomedical Genetics, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Box 611, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Dev Biol 288:582-94. 2005..These data provide new insights into the molecular mechanisms underlying heart morphogenesis and urogenital development...
- GATA4 regulates Sertoli cell function and fertility in adult male miceAntti Kyrönlahti
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 333:85-95. 2011Transcription factor GATA4 is expressed in Sertoli and Leydig cells and is required for proper development of the murine fetal testis...
- Serine 105 phosphorylation of transcription factor GATA4 is necessary for stress-induced cardiac hypertrophy in vivoJop H van Berlo
Department of Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:12331-6. 2011..b>GATA4 is a critical transcription factor in the heart that is known to induce/regulate the hypertrophic program, in part,..
- Conditional ablation of Gata4 and Fog2 genes in mice reveals their distinct roles in mammalian sexual differentiationN L Manuylov
Department of Genetics, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Dev Biol 353:229-41. 2011Assembly of functioning testis and ovary requires a GATA4-FOG2 transcriptional complex...
- MicroRNA-1 negatively regulates expression of the hypertrophy-associated calmodulin and Mef2a genesSadakatsu Ikeda
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital Boston, Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 021151, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:2193-204. 2009..miR-1 also negatively regulated the expression of Mef2a and Gata4, key transcription factors that mediate calcium-dependent changes in gene expression...
- GATA4 is a direct transcriptional activator of cyclin D2 and Cdk4 and is required for cardiomyocyte proliferation in anterior heart field-derived myocardiumAnabel Rojas
Genentech Hall, 600 16th Street, Mail Code 2240, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94158 2517, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:5420-31. 2008..The zinc finger transcription factor GATA4 functions as an integral member of the cardiac transcription factor network in the derivatives of the AHF...
- Disruption of MEF2 activity in cardiomyoblasts inhibits cardiomyogenesisChristina Karamboulas
Department of Biochemistry, Medical Sciences Building, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, N6A 5C1, Canada
J Cell Sci 119:4315-21. 2006..an Nkx2-5 enhancer in the P19 system resulted in the loss of both cardiomyocyte development and the expression of GATA4, BMP4, Nkx2-5 and MEF2C...
- The mammalian class 3 PI3K (PIK3C3) is required for early embryogenesis and cell proliferationXiang Zhou
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e16358. 2011..Finally, we provide evidence that mTOR signaling is drastically reduced in Pik3c3 null embryos, which could be a major contributor to the observed proliferation and embryogenesis defects...
- Murine gastrulation requires HNF-4 regulated gene expression in the visceral endoderm: tetraploid rescue of Hnf-4(-/-) embryosS A Duncan
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Development 124:279-87. 1997..Furthermore, specific complementation of Hnf-4(-/-) embryos with tetraploid-derived Hnf-4(+/+) VE rescues their early developmental arrest, showing conclusively that a functional VE is mandatory for gastrulation...
- GATA4 is a dosage-sensitive regulator of cardiac morphogenesisWilliam T Pu
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dev Biol 275:235-44. 2004Normal heart development is orchestrated by a set of highly conserved transcription factors that includes GATA4, Nkx2-5, and Tbx5. Heterozygous mutation of each of these genes causes congenital heart disease in humans...
- WNT signaling promotes Nkx2.5 expression and early cardiomyogenesis via downregulation of Hdac1Zhiqiang Liu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Peking University, 38 Xue Yuan Road, Hai Dian District, Beijing, 100191, China
Biochim Biophys Acta 1793:300-11. 2009..Overexpression of Hdac1 inhibited cardiomyocyte formation and downregulated the expressions of Gata4 and Nkx2.5. Mimicking induction of the WNT pathway inhibited Hdac1 expression with upregulated Nkx2.5 expression...
- Enhanced desumoylation in murine hearts by overexpressed SENP2 leads to congenital heart defects and cardiac dysfunctionEun Young Kim
Program in Genes and Development, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 52:638-49. 2012..5 in vivo. Our findings indicate the indispensability of a balanced SUMO pathway for proper cardiac development and function. This article is part of a Special Issue entitled 'Post-translational Modification SI'...
- The primitive endoderm lineage of the mouse blastocyst: sequential transcription factor activation and regulation of differentiation by Sox17Jérôme Artus
Developmental Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, NY 10065, USA
Dev Biol 350:393-404. 2011..This dynamic distribution of SOX17 resembled the localization of GATA6 and GATA4, two other PrE lineage-specific transcription factors...
- Gonadal differentiation, sex determination and normal Sry expression in mice require direct interaction between transcription partners GATA4 and FOG2Sergei G Tevosian
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Development 129:4627-34. 2002..We demonstrate that the transcription factor GATA4 and its co-factor FOG2 are required for gonadal differentiation...
- MesP1 is expressed in the heart precursor cells and required for the formation of a single heart tubeY Saga
Cellular and Molecular Toxicology Division, National Institute of Health Sciences, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 158, Japan
Development 126:3437-47. 1999..These results strongly suggest that MesP1 is expressed in the heart tube precursor cells and is required for mesodermal cells to depart from the primitive streak and to generate a single heart tube...
- Abnormal epithelial cell polarity and ectopic epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) expression induced in Emx2 KO embryonic gonadsMasatomo Kusaka
Division for Sex Differentiation, Center for Transgenic Animals and Plants, National Institute for Basic Biology, National Institutes of Natural Sciences, Okazaki 444 8787, Japan
Endocrinology 151:5893-904. 2010..Our results strongly suggest that Emx2 is required for regulation of tight junction assembly and allowing migration of the gonadal epithelia to the mesenchyme, which are possibly mediated by suppression of Egfr expression...
- Influence of natriuretic peptide receptor-1 on survival and cardiac hypertrophy during developmentNicola J A Scott
Department of Medicine, University of Otago Christchurch, P O Box 4345, Christchurch, New Zealand
Biochim Biophys Acta 1792:1175-84. 2009..The decreased viability of Npr1(-/-)embryos may result from a combination of cardiomegaly and dysregulated Cx43 protein affecting cardiac contractility...
- GATA6 regulates HNF4 and is required for differentiation of visceral endoderm in the mouse embryoE E Morrisey
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637 USA
Genes Dev 12:3579-90. 1998..and severely attenuate, or fail to express, genes encoding early and late endodermal markers, including HNF4, GATA4, alpha-fetoprotein (AFP), and HNF3beta. Homozygous GATA6(-/-) mice died between embryonic day (E) 6.5 and E7...
- Dishevelled-associated activator of morphogenesis 1 (Daam1) is required for heart morphogenesisDeqiang Li
Riley Heart Research Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Development 138:303-15. 2011..Biochemical analyses indicate that Daam1 does not regulate cytoskeletal organization through RhoA, Rac1 or Cdc42. Our study highlights a crucial role for Daam1 in regulating the actin cytoskeleton and tissue morphogenesis...
- Conditional mutagenesis of the murine serum response factor gene blocks cardiogenesis and the transcription of downstream gene targetsZhiyv Niu
Center for Cardiovascular Development, Division of Cardiovascular Sciences, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 280:32531-8. 2005..myocytes in aggregated SRF null embryonic stem cells, whereas the appearance of transcription factors Nkx2-5 and GATA4 were unaffected...
- Differential requirement for steroidogenic factor-1 gene dosage in adrenal development versus endocrine functionMichelle L Bland
Department of Physiology, Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program, University of California San Francisco, Box 0444, San Francisco, CA 94143 0444, USA
Mol Endocrinol 18:941-52. 2004..Our findings underscore the need for full SF-1 gene dosage early in adrenal development, but not in the adult adrenal, where compensatory mechanisms restore near normal function...
- The cardiac determination factor, Nkx2-5, is activated by mutual cofactors GATA-4 and Smad1/4 via a novel upstream enhancerCarl O Brown
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, The Center for Cardiovascular Development, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 279:10659-69. 2004..In mammalian two hybrid assays, Smad factors recruited the hybrid gene GATA4-VP16 to strongly drive transcription of a reporter gene containing multimerized Smad binding sites These cofactors ..
- Morphogenesis of the right ventricle requires myocardial expression of Gata4Elisabeth M Zeisberg
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Clin Invest 115:1522-31. 2005..One such regulatory gene is Gata4, a zinc finger transcription factor...
- Foxl2 is required for commitment to ovary differentiationChris Ottolenghi
Laboratory of Genetics, National Institute on Aging, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Hum Mol Genet 14:2053-62. 2005..This suggests the possible continued involvement of sex-determining genes in maintaining ovarian function throughout female reproductive life...
- Correct dosage of Fog2 and Gata4 transcription factors is critical for fetal testis development in miceGerrit J Bouma
The Jackson Laboratory, 600 Main Street, Bar Harbor, ME 04609, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:14994-9. 2007..We report that the Fog2 and Gata4 transcription factors are haploinsufficient for testis determination in mice...
- Transcription factor GATA-4 is expressed in a sexually dimorphic pattern during mouse gonadal development and is a potent activator of the Müllerian inhibiting substance promoterR S Viger
Laboratoire de developpement et differenciation cardiaques, Institut de recherches cliniques de Montréal and Département de pharmacologie, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2W 1R7
Development 125:2665-75. 1998..Thus, transcription factor GATA-4 may be a new factor in the cascade of regulators that control gonadal development and sex differentiation in mammals...
- Development of heart valves requires Gata4 expression in endothelial-derived cellsJOSE RIVERA-FELICIANO
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Development 133:3607-18. 2006..b>Gata4, which encodes a zinc finger transcription factor, is expressed in the endothelium and mesenchyme of the AV valves...
- GATA-4 is required for sex steroidogenic cell development in the fetal mouseMalgorzata Bielinska
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis Children s Hospital, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Dev Dyn 236:203-13. 2007..First, chimeric mice were generated by injection of Gata4-/- ES cells into Rosa26 blastocysts...
- Targeted inactivation of serum response factor in the developing heart results in myocardial defects and embryonic lethalityAra Parlakian
Laboratoire de Biologie Moléculaire de la Différenciation, Universite Paris 7, 75005 Paris, France
Mol Cell Biol 24:5281-9. 2004..5, we found a marked reduction in the expression of essential regulators of heart development, including Nkx2.5, GATA4, myocardin, and the SRF target gene c-fos prior to overt maldevelopment...
- Extra-embryonic endoderm cells derived from ES cells induced by GATA factors acquire the character of XEN cellsDaisuke Shimosato
Laboratory for Pluripotent Cell Studies, RIKEN Center for Developmental Biology CDB, Minatojima Minamimachi, Chuo Ku, Kobe, Hyogo, Japan
BMC Dev Biol 7:80. 2007..embryo-derived XEN cells and ES cell-derived ExEn cell lines remains unclear, although we have previously reported that overexpression of Gata4 or Gata6 induces differentiation of mouse ES cells into extra-embryonic endoderm in vitro.
- Myocardial smad4 is essential for cardiogenesis in mouse embryosLanying Song
Department of Genetics, Division of Genetic and Translational Medicine, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Circ Res 101:277-85. 2007..In conclusion, this study provides the first mouse model showing that Smad4 plays essential roles during cardiogenesis...
- Distinct gene expression patterns in skeletal and cardiac muscle are dependent on common regulatory sequences in the MLC1/3 locusM J McGrew
Department of Biochemistry, Boston University School of Medicine, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Mol Cell Biol 16:4524-34. 1996..Mutation of either the MEF2 or GATA motifs in the MLC3 promoter attenuates its activity in both heart and skeletal muscles, demonstrating that MLC3 expression in these two diverse muscle types is dependent on common regulatory elements...
- Loss of both GATA4 and GATA6 blocks cardiac myocyte differentiation and results in acardia in miceRoong Zhao
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology and Anatomy, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI, USA
Dev Biol 317:614-9. 2008..Candidates include the zinc finger transcription factors GATA binding proteins 4 and 6 (GATA4, GATA6)...
- An endoderm-specific transcriptional enhancer from the mouse Gata4 gene requires GATA and homeodomain protein-binding sites for function in vivoAnabel Rojas
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Dev Dyn 238:2588-98. 2009..function in the specification and differentiation of the endoderm, including the zinc finger transcription factor GATA4. Despite its essential role in endoderm development, the transcriptional control of the Gata4 gene in the ..
- The proximal Gata4 promoter directs reporter gene expression to sertoli cells during mouse gonadal developmentSéverine Mazaud Guittot
Ontogeny Reproduction Research Unit, Centre de Recherche du Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Québec, Centre de Recherche en Biologie de la Reproduction, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Laval University, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada G1K 7P4
Biol Reprod 76:85-95. 2007The GATA4 transcription factor is an important developmental determinant for many organs, such as the heart, gut, and testis...
- Conserved usage of alternative 5' untranslated exons of the GATA4 geneSéverine Mazaud Guittot
Reproduction, Perinatal and Child Health, Centre de Recherche du Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Québec, Quebec City, Canada
PLoS ONE 4:e8454. 2009b>GATA4 is an essential transcription factor required for the development and function of multiple organs. Despite this important role, our knowledge of how the GATA4 gene is regulated remains limited...
- Gata6 is an important regulator of mouse pancreas developmentKimberly Decker
Program in Molecular Biology, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Colorado at Denver Health Sciences Center, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Dev Biol 298:415-29. 2006b>Gata4, Gata5, and Gata6 represent a subfamily of zinc-finger transcriptional regulators that are important in the development and differentiation of numerous tissues, including many endodermally-derived organs...
- Transgenic mice expressing small interfering RNA against Gata4 point to a crucial role of Gata4 in the heart and gonadsBoris Thurisch
Department of Neonatology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Virchow Klinikum, Berlin, Germany
J Mol Endocrinol 43:157-69. 2009Homozygous deficiency of the transcription factor Gata4 in mice causes lethality due to defects in ventral morphogenesis and heart tube formation...
- A threshold of GATA4 and GATA6 expression is required for cardiovascular developmentMei Xin
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 6000 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:11189-94. 2006The zinc-finger transcription factors GATA4 and GATA6 play critical roles in embryonic development. Mouse embryos lacking GATA4 die at embryonic day (E) 8...
- Gata4 and Gata5 cooperatively regulate cardiac myocyte proliferation in miceManvendra K Singh
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 285:1765-72. 2010..3 that encodes both zinc finger domains (Gata5(tm)(2)(Eem)), and we show that although Gata5(-/-) mice are viable, Gata4(+/-)5(-/-) mutants die at mid-gestation and exhibit profound cardiovascular defects, including abnormalities of ..
- Expression and regulation of transcription factors GATA-4 and GATA-6 in developing mouse testisI Ketola
Children s Hospital, University of Helsinki, Finland
Endocrinology 140:1470-80. 1999..In light of these results, we propose that transcription factors GATA-4 and GATA-6 play differing roles in the maturation and function of testicular somatic cells...
- A syndrome of tricuspid atresia in mice with a targeted mutation of the gene encoding Fog-2E C Svensson
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Nat Genet 25:353-6. 2000..Most cases of TA are sporadic, but familial occurrences with disease in multiple siblings have been reported. Gata4 is a zinc-finger transcription factor with a role in early cardiac development...
- Stomach development is dependent on fibroblast growth factor 10/fibroblast growth factor receptor 2b-mediated signalingBradley Spencer-Dene
Experimental Pathology Laboratory, Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute, London, England
Gastroenterology 130:1233-44. 2006..Mice lacking either component (Fgfr2b-/- or Fgf10-/-) were examined to determine the role of Fgfr2b-mediated signaling during gastric organogenesis...
- FOG-2, a cofactor for GATA transcription factors, is essential for heart morphogenesis and development of coronary vessels from epicardiumS G Tevosian
Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital and Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cell 101:729-39. 2000..Our findings provide the molecular inroad into the induction of coronary vasculature by myocardium in the developing heart...
- Proper coronary vascular development and heart morphogenesis depend on interaction of GATA-4 with FOG cofactorsJ D Crispino
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Genes Dev 15:839-44. 2001..To search for a requirement for Gata4 in heart development, we created mice harboring a single amino acid replacement in GATA-4 that impairs its ..
- PAR3 is essential for cyst-mediated epicardial development by establishing apical cortical domainsTomonori Hirose
Department of Molecular Biology, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medical Science, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan
Development 133:1389-98. 2006..These results also provide a clear example of the proper organization of epithelial tissues through the regulation of individual cell polarity...
- GATA-4 gene organization and analysis of its promoterYasunori Ohara
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, Suita, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 29:410-9. 2006..Interestingly, they exhibit increased luciferase reporter gene activity upon induction by DMSO. Both proximal tandem GC-boxes and the E-box are also contributed to the reporter gene activity in P19.CL6 cells...
- A murine model of Holt-Oram syndrome defines roles of the T-box transcription factor Tbx5 in cardiogenesis and diseaseB G Bruneau
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 106:709-21. 2001....
- GATA4/FOG2 transcriptional complex regulates Lhx9 gene expression in murine heart developmentFatima O Smagulova
Department of Genetics, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
BMC Dev Biol 8:67. 2008b>GATA4 and FOG2 proteins are required for normal cardiac development in mice...
- Hex homeobox gene controls the transition of the endoderm to a pseudostratified, cell emergent epithelium for liver bud developmentRoque Bort
Cell and Developmental Biology Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Dev Biol 290:44-56. 2006..Thus, Hex promotes endoderm organogenesis by promoting the transition to a pseudostratified epithelium, which in turn allows hepatoblasts to emerge into the stromal environment and continue differentiating...
- The tumor suppressor gene Smad4/Dpc4 is required for gastrulation and later for anterior development of the mouse embryoC Sirard
Amgen Institute, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2C1, Canada
Genes Dev 12:107-19. 1998..Rescued embryos show severe anterior truncations, indicating a second important role for Smad4 in anterior patterning during embryogenesis...
- GATA-4 incompletely substitutes for GATA-1 in promoting both primitive and definitive erythropoiesis in vivoSakie Hosoya-Ohmura
Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, Center for Tsukuba Advanced Research Alliance, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba 305 8577, Japan
J Biol Chem 281:32820-30. 2006..These data thus show a functional incompatibility between hematopoietic and endodermal GATA factors in vivo and provide evidence indicating specific roles of the C-terminal region of GATA-1 in primitive erythropoiesis...
- The cardiac homeobox gene Csx/Nkx2.5 lies genetically upstream of multiple genes essential for heart developmentM Tanaka
Cardiovascular Division, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Development 126:1269-80. 1999..5 null cells exert dominant interfering effects on cardiac development, and (6) there were severe defects in yolk sac angiogenesis and hematopoiesis in the Csx/Nkx2.5 null embryos...
- The Onecut transcription factors HNF-6/OC-1 and OC-2 regulate early liver expansion by controlling hepatoblast migrationSabrina Margagliotti
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Christian de Duve Institute of Cellular Pathology, Avenue Hippocrate 75 7529, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Dev Biol 311:579-89. 2007..This network operating at the onset of liver development contains candidate genes for investigation of liver carcinogenesis...
- Localization of transcription factor GATA-4 to regions of the mouse embryo involved in cardiac developmentM Heikinheimo
Edward Mallinckrodt Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110
Dev Biol 164:361-73. 1994..The temporal and spacial patterns of GATA-4 expression support a role for this factor in the regulation of cardiac differentiation, analogous to the established role of transcription factor GATA-1 in the regulation of hematopoiesis...
- Mouse GATA-4: a retinoic acid-inducible GATA-binding transcription factor expressed in endodermally derived tissues and heartR J Arceci
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Boston Children s Hospital, Massachusetts
Mol Cell Biol 13:2235-46. 1993..On the basis of its tissue distribution, we speculate that GATA-4 plays a role in gene expression in the heart, intestinal epithelium, primitive endoderm, and gonads...
- GATA-6: a zinc finger transcription factor that is expressed in multiple cell lineages derived from lateral mesodermE E Morrisey
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, 60637, USA
Dev Biol 177:309-22. 1996....
- Wild-type endoderm abrogates the ventral developmental defects associated with GATA-4 deficiency in the mouseN Narita
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Dev Biol 189:270-4. 1997..in mesoderm or endoderm accounts for the phenotype of the knockout mouse, we prepared chimeric mice by injecting Gata4-/- ES cells into 8-cell stage ROSA26(Gata4+/+) embryos...
- The regulation of Sox9 gene expression by the GATA4/FOG2 transcriptional complex in dominant XX sex reversal mouse modelsNikolay L Manuylov
Department of Genetics, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH, USA
Dev Biol 307:356-67. 2007We have previously established an in vivo requirement for GATA4 and FOG2 transcription factors in sexual differentiation...
- Distinct functions are implicated for the GATA-4, -5, and -6 transcription factors in the regulation of intestine epithelial cell differentiationX Gao
Department of Development and Molecular Biology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:2901-11. 1998..Based on this data, we suggest that GATA-6 might function primarily within the proliferating progenitor population, while GATA-4 and GATA-5 function during differentiation to activate terminal-differentiation genes including IFABP...
- Development of the mammalian liver and ventral pancreas is dependent on GATA4Alistair J Watt
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology and Anatomy, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53202, USA
BMC Dev Biol 7:37. 2007..b>GATA4, a zinc finger transcription factor, is strongly expressed in these endodermal domains and molecular analyses have ..
- The transcription factor HNF3beta is required in visceral endoderm for normal primitive streak morphogenesisD Dufort
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5G 1X5
Development 125:3015-25. 1998..We show that such mutant embryos lack foregut and midgut endoderm. In addition, left-right asymmetry is affected in the mutant embryos...
- Molecular cloning of FOG-2: a modulator of transcription factor GATA-4 in cardiomyocytesE C Svensson
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:956-61. 1999....
- Genetic mosaic analysis reveals that GATA-4 is required for proper differentiation of mouse gastric epitheliumChristina M Jacobsen
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Dev Biol 241:34-46. 2002..the role of GATA-4 in specification of definitive gastric endoderm, we generated chimeric mice by introducing Gata4(-/-) ES cells into ROSA26 morulae or blastocysts. In E14...
- COUP-TFII is essential for radial and anteroposterior patterning of the stomachNorio Takamoto
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Development 132:2179-89. 2005..Our results are consistent with a functional link between hedgehog proteins and COUP-TFII, factors that are vital for epithelial-mesenchymal interactions...
- Endothelial lineage-mediated loss of the GATA cofactor Friend of GATA 1 impairs cardiac developmentSamuel G Katz
Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital and Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:14030-5. 2003....
- Transcription factor GATA-4 is activated by phosphorylation of serine 261 via the cAMP/protein kinase a signaling pathway in gonadal cellsJacques J Tremblay
Ontogeny and Reproduction Research Unit, Centre Hospitalier de l Université Laval Research Centre and Centre de Recherche en Biologie de la Reproduction, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Universite Laval, Ste Foy, Quebec G1V 4G2, Canada
J Biol Chem 278:22128-35. 2003....
- Expression and regulation of mouse SERDIN1, a highly conserved cardiac-specific leucine-rich repeat proteinIgor I Adameyko
Department of Genetics, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
Dev Dyn 233:540-52. 2005..Cardiac specificity and localization patterns suggest that SERDIN1 is intimately integrated with the molecular pathways controlling cardiogenesis in vertebrates...
- The zinc finger-containing transcription factor Gata-4 is expressed in the developing endocrine pancreas and activates glucagon gene expressionBeate Ritz-Laser
Diabetes Unit, University Hospital Geneva, 24, Rue Micheli du Crest, CH 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Mol Endocrinol 19:759-70. 2005....
- Formation of multiple hearts in mice following deletion of beta-catenin in the embryonic endodermHeiko Lickert
Department of Molecular Embryology, Max Planck Institute for Immunobiology, Stuebeweg 51, D 79108 Freiburg, Germany
Dev Cell 3:171-81. 2002..We provide evidence that ablation of beta-catenin in embryonic endoderm changes cell fate from endoderm to precardiac mesoderm, consistent with the existence of bipotential mesendodermal progenitors in mouse embryos...
- Disabled-2 is essential for endodermal cell positioning and structure formation during mouse embryogenesisDong Hua Yang
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Dev Biol 251:27-44. 2002..We suggest that Dab2 functions in a signal pathway to regulate endodermal cell organization using endocytosis of ligands from the blastocoel cavity as a positioning cue...
- CSX/Nkx2.5 modulates differentiation of skeletal myoblasts and promotes differentiation into neuronal cells in vitroAli M Riazi
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery Research Rm 7017, McMaster Bldg, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Ave, Toronto, M5G 1X8 Ontario, Canada
J Biol Chem 280:10716-20. 2005..5 in C2C12 myoblasts inhibited myocyte differentiation and myotube formation, and up-regulated Gata4 and Tbx5 expression. The expression of NKX2...
- The murine Muc2 mucin gene is transcriptionally regulated by the zinc-finger GATA-4 transcription factor in intestinal cellsMaria Van Der Sluis
Laboratory of Paediatrics, Department of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Erasmus MC and Sophia Children Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 325:952-60. 2004..Altogether, these results identify Muc2, a goblet cell marker, as a new target gene of GATA-4 and point out an important role for this factor in Muc2 expression in the intestine...
- Differential expression of GATA-4 and GATA-6 in fetal and adult mouse and human adrenal tissueSanne Kiiveri
Children s Hospital, Program for Developmental and Reproductive Biology, Biomedicum Helsinki, Haartmaninkatu 8, 00014 Umiversity of Helsinki, 00290 Helsinki, Finland
Endocrinology 143:3136-43. 2002..To clarify the significance of GATA-4 for early adrenocortical development, Gata4-/- ES cells were injected into eight-cell-stage embryos derived from ROSA26 mice, a transgenic line expressing ..
- Hepatocyte nuclear factor-1 alpha, GATA-4, and caudal related homeodomain protein Cdx2 interact functionally to modulate intestinal gene transcription. Implication for the developmental regulation of the sucrase-isomaltase geneFrancois Boudreau
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 277:31909-17. 2002..These findings imply a combinatory role of HNF-1 alpha, Cdx2, and GATA-4 for the time- and position-dependent regulation of SI transcription during development...
- Perception of differentiation cues by GATA factors in primitive endoderm lineage determination of mouse embryonic stem cellsCallinice D Capo-chichi
Ovarian Cancer and Tumor Cell Biology Programs, Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111 2497, USA
Dev Biol 286:574-86. 2005..This study indicates that the lineage differentiation of ES cells can be manipulated by the expression of GATA factors...
- GATA factors lie upstream of Nkx 2.5 in the transcriptional regulatory cascade that effects cardiogenesisAlison C Brewer
Department of Cardiology, King s College Hospital, London SE5 9RS, UK
Stem Cells Dev 14:425-39. 2005....
- GATA-4:FOG interactions regulate gastric epithelial development in the mouseChristina M Jacobsen
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis Children s Hospital, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Dev Dyn 234:355-62. 2005..To show that GATA-4:FOG interactions influence stomach development, we analyzed Gata4(ki/ki) mice, which express a mutant GATA-4 that cannot bind FOG cofactors...
- Gata4 expression in lateral mesoderm is downstream of BMP4 and is activated directly by Forkhead and GATA transcription factors through a distal enhancer elementAnabel Rojas
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0130, USA
Development 132:3405-17. 2005..b>GATA4 is an early regulator of gene expression during the development of endoderm and mesoderm, and genetic studies in ..
- Hex homeobox gene-dependent tissue positioning is required for organogenesis of the ventral pancreasRoque Bort
Cell and Developmental Biology Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 7701 Burholme Aveue, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Development 131:797-806. 2004..Other endodermal transcription factors may also function morphogenetically rather than by directly regulating tissue-specific programs...
- Depletion of definitive gut endoderm in Sox17-null mutant miceMasami Kanai-Azuma
Department of Veterinary Anatomy, The University of Tokyo, Yayoi 1 1 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Development 129:2367-79. 2002..Our findings indicate an important role of Sox17 in endoderm development in the mouse, highlighting the idea that the molecular mechanism for endoderm formation is likely to be conserved among vertebrates...
- Sox7 plays crucial roles in parietal endoderm differentiation in F9 embryonal carcinoma cells through regulating Gata-4 and Gata-6 expressionSugiko Futaki
Sekiguchi Biomatrix Signaling Project, Japanese Science and Technology Agency, Aichi Medical University, 21 Karimata, Yazako Nagakute cho, Aichi Gun, Aichi 480 1195, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 24:10492-503. 2004..Sox7 is therefore required for the induction of Gata-4 and Gata-6, and the interplay among these transcription factors plays a crucial role in parietal endoderm differentiation...
- C-Fos elimination compensates for disabled-2 requirement in mouse extraembryonic endoderm developmentDong Hua Yang
Ovarian Cancer Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Dev Dyn 238:514-23. 2009....
- MOUSE MODELS TO STUDY GONADAL TUMOR DEVELOPMENTMartin M Matzuk; Fiscal Year: 2010..Characterization of these mice will lead to important insights into the development of gonadal cancers in men and women and the roles of several proteins in reproductive physiology. ..
- Role of Fog2 in Lung and Diaphragm DevelopmentKate Ackerman; Fiscal Year: 2007..In Aim 3, the human genes, FOG2 and GATA 4/5/6 will be sequenced in patients with congenital diaphragmatic defects and pulmonary hypoplasia...
- ANALYSIS OF REPRODUCTIVE FUNCTION USING TRANSGENIC MICEMartin Matzuk; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- MOUSE MODELS TO STUDY GONADAL TUMOR DEVELOPMENTMartin Matzuk; Fiscal Year: 2007..Characterization of these mice will lead to important insights into the development of gonadal cancers in men and women and the roles of several proteins in reproductive physiology. ..
- EXERCISE HYPERTROPHY AND CONTROL OF MYOSIN INDUCTIONRichard Tsika; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS OF ACTIVINS DURING DEVELOPMENTMartin Matzuk; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Calcium-mediated modulation of cardiac developmentGeorge Porter; Fiscal Year: 2006..Combined with Dr. Rivkees mentorship, these resources should allow the applicant to develop into a successful independent investigator and make great contributions to the field of developmental cardiology. ..
- Insulin Signaling in the Anterior PituitaryMARK LAWSON; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Sexually Dimorphic Regulation Of SF-1 In GonadogenesisJOAN JORGENSEN; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Mechanisms of Response to GnRH Receptor SignalingMARK LAWSON; Fiscal Year: 2005..Isolation of actively translated and total mRNA from treated and control cells will allow identification and quantification of global changes in gene expression. ..
- Genome-wide discovery of alternative splicing in human heart failureWilliam Pu; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will apply this technology to better understand gene expression changes in heart failure. This understanding will lead to new hypotheses about how heart failure develops and about how we might improve its treatment. ..
- Genetic Regulation of Cardiac SeptationVidu Garg; Fiscal Year: 2007..Utilizing genome-wide linkage analysis, we discovered point mutations in GATA4, which encodes a zinc finger transcription factor critical for normal cardiac development, that were associated ..
- GNRH SIGNALING MECHANISMS IN THE PITUITARY GONADOTROPEMARK ANDREW LAWSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..We are investigating the mechanisms cells use to adapt to stress and preserve normal cell function. These regulatory pathways are essential to assure proper reproductive hormone synthesis and reproductive success. ..
- Genetic and Molecular Analysis of Mouse Mutants with Congenital Heart DefectsIVAN PAUL MOSKOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2010..The objective of this project is to gain a better understanding of atrial septal progenitor cell specification and function. The long- term goal of this work is to understand the ontogeny of atrial septal defects. ..
- Epicardial Contribution to the Developing and Postnatal HeartWILLIAM TSWENCHING PU; Fiscal Year: 2010..These experiments will prepare the foundation for future studies on potential therapeutic uses of epicardium as a source of cells and signals to treat heart failure. ..
- Genetic and Molecular Analysis of Mouse Mutants with Congenital Heart DefectsIvan Moskowitz; Fiscal Year: 2009..The objective of this project is to gain a better understanding of atrial septal progenitor cell specification and function. The long- term goal of this work is to understand the ontogeny of atrial septal defects. ..
- GNRH SIGNALING MECHANISMS IN THE PITUITARY GONADOTROPEMARK LAWSON; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- A Screen for Mouse Cardiovascular Morphogenesis MutantsIvan Moskowitz; Fiscal Year: 2007..The candidate will combine clinical expertise with research training to pursue a career as a clinician-scientist in the field of cardiovascular morphogenesis and congenital heart disease. ..
- EXERCISE HYPERTROPHY AND CONTROL OF MYOSIN INDUCTIONRichard Tsika; Fiscal Year: 2001..These experiments are expected to identify potential protein/DNA targets for therapies aimed at providing countermeasures to derangements in muscle phenotypes and growth patterns attributable to muscle diseases. ..
- MOUSE MODELS TO STUDY GONADAL TUMOR DEVELOPMENTMartin Matzuk; Fiscal Year: 2000..Aim 4 will define the pattern of expression/extinction of cell cycle regulatory molecules that accompanies tumor development and growth. ..
- MOUSE MODELS TO STUDY GONADAL TUMOR DEVELOPMENTMartin Matzuk; Fiscal Year: 2005..The studies in this competitive renewal proposal will continue to define the inhibin signaling process and the mechanism of inhibin action in gonadal and adrenal function in vivo. ..
- ALTERED MECHANICAL LOADS AND SKELETAL MUSCLE PHENOTYPERichard Tsika; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS OF ACTIVINS DURING DEVELOPMENTMartin Matzuk; Fiscal Year: 2003..Future studies using these mice as in vivo mammalian model systems will enable us to more fully understand the interrelated roles of these proteins in mammalian development and physiology. ..
- GNRH SIGNALING MECHANISMS IN THE PITUITARY GONADOTROPEMARK LAWSON; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Bone Morphogenic Protein Signaling Pathways in Uterine BiologyMartin M Matzuk; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- MOUSE MODELS TO STUDY GONADAL TUMOR DEVELOPMENTMartin Matzuk; Fiscal Year: 2009..Characterization of these mice will lead to important insights into the development of gonadal cancers in men and women and the roles of several proteins in reproductive physiology. ..
- Epicardial Contribution to the Developing and Postnatal HeartWilliam Pu; Fiscal Year: 2009..These experiments will prepare the foundation for future studies on potential therapeutic uses of epicardium as a source of cells and signals to treat heart failure. ..
- Regulation of Heart Function by a Gata4-Fog2 transcriptional complexWILLIAM TSWENCHING PU; Fiscal Year: 2010..Cardiac gene expression is also controlled by a set of key transcription factors, including GATA4, which is essential for cardiac hypertrophy...
- THE ROLE OF UFD1 AND CDC45 IN NEURAL CREST DEVELOPMENTVidu Garg; Fiscal Year: 2004..The function of Cdc45 will be examined in vivo in chick embryos by retrovirally mediated alteration of gene expression. A yeast two hybrid assay will be utilized to determine if Ufdl, Cdc45, and Hira interact with one another. ..
- HAND GENES IN CARDIAC DEVELOPMENTWilliam Pu; Fiscal Year: 2004..This experience, and the information generated in this plan, will launch the applicant's career as an independent investigator. ..
- STEROIDS REPRESS LH THROUGH PROTEIN/PROTEIN INTERACTIONSJOAN JORGENSEN; Fiscal Year: 2003..In Aim 3, we propose to design transgenic mice in order to define the site and mechanism of steroidogenic regulation on the LHbeta subunit gene. ..
- Defining the Mammalian Intercellular Bridge InteractomeMartin Matzuk; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our proposed Specific Aims will also help us to develop additional high throughput screening assays for the identification of small molecule disruptors of the intercellular bridge. ..