Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gata3
Description: GATA binding protein 3
Alias: Gata-3, GATA-binding factor 3, GATA-binding protein 3, trans-acting T-cell-specific transcription factor GATA-3
Publications111 found, 100 shown here
- Sox9 is essential for outer root sheath differentiation and the formation of the hair stem cell compartmentValerie P I Vidal
Inserm U636, Centre de Biochimie, Faculte des Sciences, Parc Valrose, 06108 Nice, France
Curr Biol 15:1340-51. 2005..However, factors required for the differentiation of this critical cell lineage remain to be identified. Here, we describe an unexpected role of the HMG-box-containing gene Sox9 in hair development...
- GATA-3: an unexpected regulator of cell lineage determination in skinCharles K Kaufman
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Laboratory of Mammalian Cell Biology and Development, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Genes Dev 17:2108-22. 2003..This newfound function for GATA-3 in skin development strengthens the parallels between the differentiation programs governing hair follicle and lymphocyte differentiation...
- T helper cell fate specified by kinase-mediated interaction of T-bet with GATA-3Eun Sook Hwang
Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 307:430-3. 2005..These results provide a novel function for tyrosine phosphorylation of a transcription factor in specifying alternate fates of a common progenitor cell...
- Lim 1 is required for nephric duct extension and ureteric bud morphogenesisAnissa Pedersen
Department of Genetics, Cell Biology and Development and University of Minnesota Developmental Biology Center, University of Minnesota, 6 160 Jackson Hall, 321 Church St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Dev Biol 288:571-81. 2005..These results suggest that Lim 1 influences nephric duct extension and ureteric bud outgrowth by regulating and or maintaining the differentiation of the nephric epithelium...
- Essential role of GATA3 for the maintenance of type 2 helper T (Th2) cytokine production and chromatin remodeling at the Th2 cytokine gene lociMasakatsu Yamashita
PRESTO Project, Japan Science and Technology Corporation, Department of Immunology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana Chuo ku, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:26983-90. 2004b>GATA3 expression is essential for type-2 helper T (Th2) cell differentiation...
- Gata-3 is an essential regulator of mammary-gland morphogenesis and luminal-cell differentiationMarie Liesse Asselin-Labat
VBCRC Laboratory, The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville, Victoria 3050, Australia
Nat Cell Biol 9:201-9. 2007..These studies provide evidence for the existence of an epithelial hierarchy within the mammary gland and establish Gata-3 as a critical regulator of luminal differentiation...
- Ventral otic cell lines as developmental models of auditory epithelial and neural precursorsG Lawoko-Kerali
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Addison Building, Western Bank, Sheffield, United Kingdom
Dev Dyn 231:801-14. 2004..Selection was based upon dissection, tissue-specific markers, and expression of the transcription factor GATA3. Two cell lines expressed GATA3 but possessed intrinsically different genetic programs under differentiating ..
- Conditional deletion of Gata3 shows its essential function in T(H)1-T(H)2 responsesJinfang Zhu
Laboratory of Immunology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nat Immunol 5:1157-65. 2004..Here, we generated a conditional GATA-3-deficient mouse line. In vitro deletion of Gata3 diminished both interleukin 4 (IL-4)-dependent and IL-4-independent T(H)2 cell differentiation; without GATA-3, T(..
- Lipid defect underlies selective skin barrier impairment of an epidermal-specific deletion of Gata-3Cristina de Guzman Strong
National Human Genome Research Institute and 2National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Cell Biol 175:661-70. 2006..Comparison of these animal models illustrates how impairment of the skin barrier by two genetically distinct mechanisms leads to innate immune responses, as observed in the common human skin disorders psoriasis and atopic dermatitis...
- gamma-secretase functions through Notch signaling to maintain skin appendages but is not required for their patterning or initial morphogenesisYonghua Pan
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Division of Dermatology, Washington University School of Medicine, Box 8103, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Dev Cell 7:731-43. 2004....
- Canonical notch signaling functions as a commitment switch in the epidermal lineageCedric Blanpain
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Genes Dev 20:3022-35. 2006....
- Suppression of neural fate and control of inner ear morphogenesis by Tbx1Steven Raft
Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Development 131:1801-12. 2004..We propose that Tbx1 acts in the manner of a selector gene to control neural and sensory organ fate specification in the otocyst...
- Gata3 acts downstream of beta-catenin signaling to prevent ectopic metanephric kidney inductionDavid Grote
Goodman Cancer Centre, McGill University, Quebec, Canada
PLoS Genet 4:e1000316. 2008..Here, we show that the nephric duct-specific inactivation of the transcription factor gene Gata3 leads to massive ectopic ureter budding...
- Partially overlapping expression of Gata2 and Gata3 during inner ear developmentKersti Lilleväli
Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Dev Dyn 231:775-81. 2004Gata2 and Gata3 belong to the Gata family of transcription factors in vertebrates that bind to a consensus "GATA" DNA sequence. The Gata3 gene is one of the earliest markers for the developing mouse inner ear...
- Pax 2/8-regulated Gata 3 expression is necessary for morphogenesis and guidance of the nephric duct in the developing kidneyDavid Grote
McGill Cancer Centre and Biochemistry Department, McGill University, 3655 Promenade Sir William Osler, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1Y6, Canada
Development 133:53-61. 2006..screen for genes specifically expressed in the pro/mesonephros and regulated by Pax proteins, we identified Gata3, a transcription factor gene associated with hypoparathyroidism, deafness and renal anomaly (HDR) syndrome...
- Transcriptional regulation of GATA3 in T helper cells by the integrated activities of transcription factors downstream of the interleukin-4 receptor and T cell receptorEyal J Scheinman
Department of Immunology Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
J Biol Chem 284:3037-48. 2009b>GATA3 is a critical transcription factor for many developmental processes. During T helper (Th) cell differentiation, GATA3 induces the Th2 and suppresses the Th1 pathway...
- Notch directly regulates Gata3 expression during T helper 2 cell differentiationTerry C Fang
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, Institute for Medicine and Engineering, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Immunity 27:100-10. 2007..In the absence of Notch signals, Gata3 expression was markedly diminished...
- Notch signaling is necessary for GATA3 function in the initiation of T cell developmentKatsuto Hozumi
Department of Immunology, and Research Center for Embryogenesis and Organogenesis, Tokai University School of Medicine, Isehara, Japan
Eur J Immunol 38:977-85. 2008b>GATA3 and Notch1 are essential for T cell development at the earliest stage, but their mutual roles in this process remain to be clarified...
- Dlx3 is a crucial regulator of hair follicle differentiation and cyclingJoonsung Hwang
Developmental Skin Biology Unit, NIAMS, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Development 135:3149-59. 2008..upstream regulator of other transcription factors that regulate hair follicle differentiation, such as Hoxc13 and Gata3. Colocalization of phospho-Smad1/5/8 and Dlx3 is consistent with a regulatory role for BMP signaling to Dlx3 ..
- Critical YxKxHxxxRP motif in the C-terminal region of GATA3 for its DNA binding and functionRyo Shinnakasu
Department of Immunology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
J Immunol 177:5801-10. 2006A zinc finger transcription factor, GATA3, plays an essential role in the development of T cells and the functional differentiation into type 2 Th cells...
- Dosage-dependent rescue of definitive nephrogenesis by a distant Gata3 enhancerSusan L Hasegawa
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0616, USA
Dev Biol 301:568-77. 2007Human GATA3 haploinsufficiency leads to HDR (hypoparathyroidism, deafness and renal dysplasia) syndrome, demonstrating that the development of a specific subset of organs in which this transcription factor is expressed is exquisitely ..
- A thymic pathway of mouse natural killer cell development characterized by expression of GATA-3 and CD127Christian A J Vosshenrich
Unité des Cytokines et Développement Lymphoide, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U668, Institut Pasteur, Paris F 75724, France
Nat Immunol 7:1217-24. 2006..We propose that bone marrow and thymic NK cell pathways generate distinct mouse NK cells with properties similar to those of the two human CD56 NK cell subsets...
- Dynamic expression of Runx1 in skin affects hair structureEli Raveh
Department of Cell and Animal Biology, Silberman Life Sciences Institute, Edmond Safra Campus at Givat Ram, The Hebrew University, Jerusalem 91904, Israel
Mech Dev 123:842-50. 2006..The data delineate Runx1 as a novel specific marker of several hair follicle cell types and sheds light on its role in hair morphogenesis and differentiation...
- Gata3 participates in a complex transcriptional feedback network to regulate sympathoadrenal differentiationTakashi Moriguchi
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0616, USA
Development 133:3871-81. 2006b>Gata3 mutant mice expire of noradrenergic deficiency by embryonic day (E) 11 and can be rescued pharmacologically or, as shown here, by restoring Gata3 function specifically in sympathoadrenal (SA) lineages using the human DBH promoter ..
- Gata3 is required for early morphogenesis and Fgf10 expression during otic developmentKersti Lilleväli
Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki, Viikinkaari 9, 00710 Helsinki, Finland
Mech Dev 123:415-29. 2006..Inner ear morphogenesis is severely affected in Gata3 deficient mouse embryos, but the onset and basis of the phenotype has not been known...
- Differential expression of LIM domain-only (LMO) genes in the developing mouse inner earMin Deng
Center for Aging and Developmental Biology, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 6:857-63. 2006..Thus, the regionalized expression patterns of LMO1-4 are closely associated with the morphogenesis of the inner ear...
- T-bet regulates Th1 responses through essential effects on GATA-3 function rather than on IFNG gene acetylation and transcriptionTakashi Usui
Mucosal Immunity Section, Laboratory of Host Defenses, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease NIAID, National Institutes of Health NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Exp Med 203:755-66. 2006..Thus, the principal function of T-bet in developing Th1 cells is to negatively regulate GATA-3 rather than to positively regulate the IFNG gene...
- Direct regulation of Gata3 expression determines the T helper differentiation potential of NotchDerk Amsen
Department of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Immunity 27:89-99. 2007..GATA-3 was necessary for Notch-induced Th2 differentiation, and we identified an upstream Gata3 promoter as a direct target for Notch signaling...
- Enforced expression of GATA-3 in transgenic mice inhibits Th1 differentiation and induces the formation of a T1/ST2-expressing Th2-committed T cell compartment in vivoM C Nawijn
Department of Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Dr Molewaterplein 50, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Immunol 167:724-32. 2001..To study the function of GATA-3 during T cell-mediated immune responses in vivo, we investigated CD2-GATA3-transgenic mice in which GATA-3 expression is driven by the CD2 locus control region...
- Expression of the transcription factors GATA3 and Pax2 during development of the mammalian inner earGrace Lawoko-Kerali
Institute of Molecular Physiology, Sheffield, S10 2TN, United Kingdom
J Comp Neurol 442:378-91. 2002The transcription factors GATA3 and Pax2 are expressed throughout development of the mouse inner ear. We have used antibodies to study their temporal and spatial expression patterns from embryonic days E8-E16.5...
- Cutting edge: Identification of an alternative GATA-3 promoter directing tissue-specific gene expression in mouse and humanHelene Asnagli
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Immunol 168:4268-71. 2002..These results indicate that similar to other GATA factors, the GATA-3 gene can be controlled by two promoters that may direct lineage- and tissue-specific expression...
- Definition of regulatory network elements for T cell development by perturbation analysis with PU.1 and GATA-3Michele K Anderson
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena 91125, USA
Dev Biol 246:103-21. 2002..The target genes identified here provide insight into the basis of the effects of GATA-3 or PU.1 overexpression and into the regulatory changes that distinguish the developmental time windows for these effects...
- Expression of the transcription factor GATA-3 is required for the development of the earliest T cell progenitors and correlates with stages of cellular proliferation in the thymusR W Hendriks
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Immunol 29:1912-8. 1999..We therefore propose that GATA-3 is required for the expansion of T cell progenitors, and for the control of subsequent proliferation steps, which alternate periods of TCR recombination in the thymus...
- Inhibition of allergic inflammation in a murine model of asthma by expression of a dominant-negative mutant of GATA-3D H Zhang
Department of Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Immunity 11:473-82. 1999..Thus, targeting GATA-3 activity alone is sufficient to blunt Th2 responses in vivo, thereby establishing GATA-3 as a potential therapeutic target in the treatment of asthma and allergic diseases...
- The Runx1 transcription factor inhibits the differentiation of naive CD4+ T cells into the Th2 lineage by repressing GATA3 expressionOkiru Komine
Research Institute for Biological Sciences, Tokyo University of Science, Noda, Japan
J Exp Med 198:51-61. 2003..wild-type T cells caused a complete attenuation of Th2 differentiation and was accompanied by the cessation of GATA3 expression...
- GATA-3 expression is controlled by TCR signals and regulates CD4/CD8 differentiationGabriela Hernandez-Hoyos
Division of Biology 156 29, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Immunity 19:83-94. 2003..We propose that GATA-3 contributes to linking the TCR signal strength to the differentiation program of CD4 and CD8 thymocytes...
- GATA3 is downregulated during hair cell differentiation in the mouse cochleaM N Rivolta
Department of Physiology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, UK
J Neurocytol 27:637-47. 1998b>GATA3 is a transcription factor expressed in the inner ear during the early stages of development...
- Gata3 loss leads to embryonic lethality due to noradrenaline deficiency of the sympathetic nervous systemK C Lim
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Cell Biology, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, USA
Nat Genet 25:209-12. 2000Mouse embryos deficient in Gata3 die by 11 days post coitum (d.p.c.) from pathology of undetermined origin...
- Transcription factor GATA-3 alters pathway selection of olivocochlear neurons and affects morphogenesis of the earA Karis
Department of Animal Development and Systematics, University of Tartu, 51014 Tartu, Estonia
J Comp Neurol 429:615-30. 2001..This study shows for the first time that a zinc finger factor is involved in axonal navigation of the inner ear efferent neurons and, simultaneously, in the morphogenesis of the inner ear...
- Transcription factor GATA-3 is required for development of the T-cell lineageC N Ting
The Departments of Medicine and Pathology, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Nature 384:474-8. 1996..These findings suggest that GATA-3 is an essential and specific regulator of early thymocyte development...
- Embryonic expression and cloning of the murine GATA-3 geneK M George
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Cell Biology, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60208 3500
Development 120:2673-86. 1994..Furthermore, this same region of the locus confers developmentally appropriate expression in transgenic mice, but only in a subset of the tissues that naturally express the gene...
- Targeted disruption of the GATA3 gene causes severe abnormalities in the nervous system and in fetal liver haematopoiesisP P Pandolfi
Dept of Haematology, Royal Postgraduate Medical School, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Nat Genet 11:40-4. 1995..Mice heterozygous for the GATA3 mutation are fertile and appear in all respects to be normal, whereas homozygous mutant embryos die between days ..
- Defining BMP functions in the hair follicle by conditional ablation of BMP receptor IAKrzysztof Kobielak
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Laboratory of Mammalian Cell Biology and Development, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021 6399, USA
J Cell Biol 163:609-23. 2003....
- Murine and human T-lymphocyte GATA-3 factors mediate transcription through a cis-regulatory element within the human T-cell receptor delta gene enhancerL J Ko
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Cell Biology, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60208 3500
Mol Cell Biol 11:2778-84. 1991..We infer that the murine and human GATA-3 proteins play a central and highly conserved role in vertebrate T-cell-specific transcriptional regulation...
- Expression and genetic interaction of transcription factors GATA-2 and GATA-3 during development of the mouse central nervous systemJ Nardelli
Cytosquelette et Développement, CNRS URA 2115, CHU Pitie Salpetriere, 105 Boulevard de l Hôpital, Paris Cedex, 75 634, France
Dev Biol 210:305-21. 1999....
- GATA-3 is involved in the development of serotonergic neurons in the caudal raphe nucleiJ H van Doorninck
Departments of Cell Biology and Genetics and Anatomy, Erasmus University Rotterdam, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Neurosci 19:RC12. 1999..In sum, we conclude that GATA-3 plays a major role in the development of the serotonergic neurons of the caudal raphe nuclei, and that it is crucial for their role in locomotion...
- Mast cell lineage diversion of T lineage precursors by the essential T cell transcription factor GATA-3Tom Taghon
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Microbiology and Immunology, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent University, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Nat Immunol 8:845-55. 2007..Our results suggest a close relationship between the pro-T cell and mast cell programs and a previously unknown function for Notch in T lineage fidelity...
- GATA3 and NeuroD distinguish auditory and vestibular neurons during development of the mammalian inner earGrace Lawoko-Kerali
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Institute of Molecular Physiology, Addison Building, Western Bank, Sheffield S10 2TN, UK
Mech Dev 121:287-99. 2004The function of the zinc finger transcription factor GATA3 was studied in a newly established, conditionally immortal cell line derived to represent auditory sensory neuroblasts migrating from the mouse otic vesicle at embryonic day E10...
- T cell factor 1 initiates the T helper type 2 fate by inducing the transcription factor GATA-3 and repressing interferon-gammaQing Yu
Lymphocyte Development Unit, Laboratory of Immunology, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Nat Immunol 10:992-9. 2009..differentiation, was induced by T cell factor 1 (TCF-1) and its cofactor beta-catenin, mainly from the proximal Gata3 promoter upstream of exon 1b...
- Critical roles for transcription factor GATA-3 in thymocyte developmentSung Yun Pai
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Immunity 19:863-75. 2003..Thus, our data demonstrate that the coordinated and regulated expression of GATA-3 at each stage of thymic development is critical for the generation of mature T cells...
- GATA-3 maintains the differentiation of the luminal cell fate in the mammary glandHosein Kouros-Mehr
Department of Anatomy and the Biomedical Sciences Program, University of California, San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Cell 127:1041-55. 2006..This suggests that GATA-3 actively maintains luminal epithelial differentiation in the adult mammary gland, which raises important implications for the pathogenesis of breast cancer...
- Hearing loss following Gata3 haploinsufficiency is caused by cochlear disorderJacqueline van der Wees
Department of Cell Biology, Erasmus Medical Center, P O Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Neurobiol Dis 16:169-78. 2004..from hypoparathyroidism, deafness, and renal dysplasia due to a heterozygous deletion of the transcription factor GATA3. Since GATA3 is prominently expressed in both the inner ear and different parts of the auditory nervous system, it ..
- GATA-3 suppresses Th1 development by downregulation of Stat4 and not through effects on IL-12Rbeta2 chain or T-betTakashi Usui
Mucosal Immunity Section, Laboratory of Clinical Investigation, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Immunity 18:415-28. 2003..These findings reassert that Stat4 signaling is a central element of Th1/Th2 development...
- Gbx2 is required for the morphogenesis of the mouse inner ear: a downstream candidate of hindbrain signalingZhengshi Lin
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, National Institutes on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20850, USA
Development 132:2309-18. 2005..However, Gbx2 promotes ventral fates such as the saccule and cochlear duct, possibly by restricting Otx2 expression...
- GATA-3 deficiency abrogates the development and maintenance of T helper type 2 cellsSung Yun Pai
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:1993-8. 2004..Using a conditional knockout approach, we found that GATA-3 is required for optimal Th2 cytokine production in vitro and in vivo. Our data also show that GATA-3 expression must be sustained to maintain the Th2 phenotype...
- Enforced expression of GATA-3 during T cell development inhibits maturation of CD8 single-positive cells and induces thymic lymphoma in transgenic miceM C Nawijn
Department of Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Dr Molewaterplein 50, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Immunol 167:715-23. 2001..In two independent CD2-GATA3-transgenic lines, approximately 50% of the mice developed thymic lymphoblastoid tumors that were CD4(+)CD8(+/low) ..
- Cyclic AMP-induced chromatin changes support the NFATc-mediated recruitment of GATA-3 to the interleukin 5 promoterStefan Klein-Hessling
Department of Molecular Pathology, University of Wurzburg, Josef Schneider Strasse 2, D 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 283:31030-7. 2008..These data demonstrate the functional importance of cyclic AMP signals for the interplay between GATA-3 and NFATc factors in the transcriptional control of lymphokine expression in Th2 effector cells...
- Coexpression of SCL and GATA3 in the V2 interneurons of the developing mouse spinal cordEmma Smith
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, incorporating the Special Research Centre for Functional and Applied Genomics, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Dev Dyn 224:231-7. 2002..These experiments revealed that SCL is expressed in a medially restricted subpopulation of GATA-3 producing cells, suggesting a possible role for this factor in the differentiation of the GATA population of V2 interneurons...
- Lmx1b is essential for the development of serotonergic neuronsYu Qiang Ding
Department of Anesthesiology, School of Medicine Pain Center, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Nat Neurosci 6:933-8. 2003..Moreover, our data indicate that genetic cascades controlling the caudal and rostral 5-HT neurons are distinct, despite their shared components...
- GATA-3 directly remodels the IL-10 locus independently of IL-4 in CD4+ T cellsJohn Shoemaker
Division of Immunoregulation, National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, London NW7 1AA, United Kingdom
J Immunol 176:3470-9. 2006..We therefore suggest a key role of GATA-3 in instructing Il-10 gene expression in primary CD4+ T cells, possibly by switching and stabilizing the Il-10 locus into a transcriptionally competent status...
- Cardiac expression of Brn-3a and Brn-3b POU transcription factors and regulation of Hsp27 gene expressionSaleha R Farooqui-Kabir
Cardiovascular Division, King s College London School of Medicine, Department of Cardiology, The Rayne Institute, St Thomas s Hospital, Lambeth Palace Road, London, UK
Cell Stress Chaperones 13:297-312. 2008..Loss of Brn-3a was correlated with a compensatory increase in Brn-3b and GATA3 mRNA but no change in Hsp27 mRNA...
- CDK inhibitor p18(INK4c) is a downstream target of GATA3 and restrains mammary luminal progenitor cell proliferation and tumorigenesisXin Hai Pei
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7295, USA
Cancer Cell 15:389-401. 2009..We demonstrate that GATA3 binds to and represses INK4C transcription...
- Gene expression profiling in mice with enforced Gata3 expression reveals putative targets of Gata3 in double positive thymocytesJan Piet van Hamburg
Department of Immunology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Immunol 46:3251-60. 2009The zinc-finger transcription factors Gata3 and ThPOK have both been implicated in positive selection of double positive (DP) thymocytes towards the CD4 lineage...
- Smad4-dependent desmoglein-4 expression contributes to hair follicle integrityPhilip Owens
Department of Otolaryngology, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Dev Biol 322:156-66. 2008..Thus, Smad4 loss-associated Dsg4 depletion contributed, at least in part, to hair follicles degeneration in Smad4 deficient skin...
- GATA-3 links tumor differentiation and dissemination in a luminal breast cancer modelHosein Kouros-Mehr
Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143 0452, USA
Cancer Cell 13:141-52. 2008..Rather, malignant progression occurred with an expanding GATA-3-negative tumor cell population. These data indicate that GATA-3 regulates tumor differentiation and suppresses tumor dissemination in breast cancer...
- Characterization of Foxp2-expressing cells in the developing spinal cordY Morikawa
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Wakayama Medical University, 811 1, Kimiidera, Wakayama 641 8509, Japan
Neuroscience 162:1150-62. 2009..homeodomain transcription factors revealed that Foxp2-expressing neurons were Pax2(+), En1(+), Evx1(-), Chx10(-), Gata3(-), and Lhx3(-) V1 interneurons in the intermediate zone throughout the ventral spinal cord, indicating that Foxp2-..
- Requirement for the basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor Dec2 in initial TH2 lineage commitmentXuexian O Yang
Department of Immunology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Nat Immunol 10:1260-6. 2009..As GATA-3 induces Dec2 expression, our findings also indicate a feed-forward regulatory circuit during T(H)2 differentiation...
- Islet-to-LMO stoichiometries control the function of transcription complexes that specify motor neuron and V2a interneuron identityMi Ryoung Song
Bioimaging Research Center and Cell Dynamics Research Center, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Gwangju, Republic of Korea
Development 136:2923-32. 2009....
- Gfi1-mediated stabilization of GATA3 protein is required for Th2 cell differentiationRyo Shinnakasu
Department of Immunology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:28216-25. 2008..An enhanced ubiquitin/proteasome-dependent degradation of GATA3 protein was observed in Gfi1(-/-) Th2 cells, and the overexpression of GATA3 eliminated the defect of Th2 cell ..
- Spatiotemporally separable Shh domains in the midbrain define distinct dopaminergic progenitor poolsMilan Joksimovic
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Department of Neurology and Center for Genetic Medicine, 7 113 Lurie Building, 303 East Superior Street, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:19185-90. 2009..This refined ontogenetic definition will expand understanding of dopamine neuron biology and selective susceptibility, and will impact stem cell-derived therapies and models for PD...
- Gata2 is a tissue-specific post-mitotic selector gene for midbrain GABAergic neuronsKaia Kala
Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Development 136:253-62. 2009..These studies identify Gata2 as an essential post-mitotic selector gene of the GABAergic neurotransmitter identity and demonstrate developmental heterogeneity of GABAergic neurons in the midbrain...
- IL4 blockade of inducible regulatory T cell differentiation: the role of Th2 cells, Gata3 and PU.1Suzana Hadjur
Lymphocyte Development Group, MRC Clinical Sciences Centre, Imperial College London, Du Cane Road, London W12 0NN, UK
Immunol Lett 122:37-43. 2009..In addition, we find that Foxp3 induction is efficiently blocked not only by the Th2 transcription factor Gata3, but also by PU.1, which is transiently induced during Th2 differentiation...
- Context-dependent function of regulatory elements and a switch in chromatin occupancy between GATA3 and GATA2 regulate Gata2 transcription during trophoblast differentiationSoma Ray
Institute of Maternal Fetal Biology and the Division of Cancer and Developmental Biology, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
J Biol Chem 284:4978-88. 2009..GATA transcription factors are important regulators of tissue-specific gene expression during development. GATA2 and GATA3 have been implicated in the regulation of trophoblast-specific genes...
- LMO4 controls the balance between excitatory and inhibitory spinal V2 interneuronsKaumudi Joshi
Department of Molecular Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Neuron 61:839-51. 2009..Thus, LMO4 plays essential roles in directing a balanced generation of inhibitory and excitatory neurons in the ventral spinal cord...
- Lack of Gata3 results in conotruncal heart anomalies in mouseRaivo Raid
Department of Developmental Biology, University of Tartu, Tartu, Estonia
Mech Dev 126:80-9. 2009The transcription factor Gata3 is an important regulator of the development of thymus, the nervous system, ear, kidney, and adrenal glands...
- Genomic analysis of the function of the transcription factor gata3 during development of the mammalian inner earMarta Milo
NIHR Cardiovascular Biomedical Research Unit, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, Sheffield, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 4:e7144. 2009We have studied the function of the zinc finger transcription factor gata3 in auditory system development by analysing temporal profiles of gene expression during differentiation of conditionally immortal cell lines derived to model ..
- AP-2 factors act in concert with Notch to orchestrate terminal differentiation in skin epidermisXuan Wang
The Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Laboratory of Mammalian Cell Biology and Development, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10065, USA
J Cell Biol 183:37-48. 2008....
- Lyn kinase controls basophil GATA-3 transcription factor expression and induction of Th2 cell differentiationNicolas Charles
Laboratory of Immune Cell Signaling, NIAMS, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Immunity 30:533-43. 2009..Our findings demonstrate that basophil-expressed Lyn kinase exerts regulatory control on Th2 cell differentiation and function...
- Detailed expression pattern of Foxp1 and its possible roles in neurons of the spinal cord during embryogenesisYoshihiro Morikawa
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Wakayama Medical University, Wakayama, Japan
Dev Neurosci 31:511-22. 2009..in the intermediate zone throughout the ventral spinal cord, all of which were Pax2(+), En1(+), Evx1(-), Chx10(-), Gata3(-), and Lhx3(-) V1 interneurons...
- Angiotensin-(1-7) and the g protein-coupled receptor MAS are key players in renal inflammationVanesa Esteban
Cellular Biology in Renal Diseases Laboratory, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Universidad Autonoma Madrid, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 4:e5406. 2009..Therefore, the blockade of the NF-kappaB-activating properties of the receptor Mas could be a new strategy in the therapy of failing kidney...
- Expression of T-cell immunoglobulin- and mucin-domain-containing molecule-1 (TIM-1) is increased in a mouse model of asthma and relationship to GATA-3Geng Xu
The Otorhinolarygology Hospital, the First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, and Otorhinolaryngology Institute of Sun Yat sen University, Guangzhou, 510080, China
Life Sci 82:663-9. 2008..The findings suggest a possible mechanism for how HAV infection and TIM-1 upregulation influence the development of allergic asthma...
- Repression via the GATA box is essential for tissue-specific erythropoietin gene expressionNaoshi Obara
Center for Tsukuba Advanced Research Alliance TARA, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan
Blood 111:5223-32. 2008..Thus, GATA-based repression is essential for the inducible and cell type-specific expression of the Epo gene...
- Foxn4 acts synergistically with Mash1 to specify subtype identity of V2 interneurons in the spinal cordShengguo Li
Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine and Department of Pediatrics, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, 679 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:10688-93. 2005..However, coexpression of both Foxn4 and Mash1 promotes the V2b fate while inhibiting the V2a fate, indicating that Foxn4 cooperates with Mash1 to specify the identity of V2b neurons from bipotential p2 progenitors...
- GATA3 haploinsufficiency causes a rapid deterioration of distortion product otoacoustic emissions (DPOAEs) in miceM A J Van Looij
Department of ENT, Erasmus Medical Center, PO Box 2060, 3000 CB Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Neurobiol Dis 20:890-7. 2005..deafness and renal dysplasia)-syndrome is caused by haploinsufficiency of zinc-finger transcription factor GATA3. The hearing loss due to GATA3 haploinsufficiency has been shown to be peripheral in origin, but it is unclear to ..
- PU.1 expression delineates heterogeneity in primary Th2 cellsHua Chen Chang
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, and Walther Oncology Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Immunity 22:693-703. 2005..Thus, the expression of PU.1 in subsets of Th2 cells establishes a defined cytokine profile and contributes towards establishing the spectrum of cytokine production observed in Th2 populations...
- Conditional mutagenesis of the murine serum response factor gene blocks cardiogenesis and the transcription of downstream gene targetsZhiyv Niu
Center for Cardiovascular Development, Division of Cardiovascular Sciences, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 280:32531-8. 2005....
- Gene expression analysis of Gata3-/- mice by using cDNA microarray technologyRannar Airik
Department of Developmental Biology, Institute of Zoology and Hydrobiology, University of Tartu, Vanemuise 46, 51014 Tartu, Estonia
Life Sci 76:2559-68. 2005Transcription factor Gata3 is implicated in the formation of autosomal dominant hypoparathyroidism, sensorineural deafness, and renal anomaly (HDR) syndrome...
- Loss of Runx3 function in leukocytes is associated with spontaneously developed colitis and gastric mucosal hyperplasiaOri Brenner
Departments of Molecular Genetics and Veterinary Resources, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:16016-21. 2004..Several susceptibility loci were identified on different human chromosomes including the chromosomal region 1p36 where RUNX3 resides. It is thus tempting to speculate that mutations in RUNX3 may constitute an IBD risk factor in humans...
- Coordinated regulation of gene expression by Brn3a in developing sensory gangliaS Raisa Eng
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Diego, and the VA San Diego Healthcare System, La Jolla, CA 92093 0603, USA
Development 131:3859-70. 2004....
- Transduction of graded Hedgehog signaling by a combination of Gli2 and Gli3 activator functions in the developing spinal cordQiubo Lei
Department of Neuroscience and Cell Biology, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, 675 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Development 131:3593-604. 2004..Thus, multiple ventral neuronal types can develop in the absence of Gli function, but require balanced Gli protein activities for their correct patterning and differentiation...
- Ascl1/Mash1 is required for the development of central serotonergic neuronsAlexandre Pattyn
CNRS UMR 8542, Ecole Normale Superieure, 75005 Paris, France
Nat Neurosci 7:589-95. 2004..involve the homeobox genes Nkx2-2 and Lmx1b, the Ets-domain gene Pet1 (also known as Fev) and the zinc-finger gene Gata3. The basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) gene Ascl1 (also known as Mash1) is coexpressed with Nkx2-2 in the ..
- Identification of the earliest prethymic T-cell progenitors in murine fetal bloodTomokatsu Ikawa
Department of Immunology and Cell Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Yoshida konoe cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Blood 103:530-7. 2004..We propose that the wave of p-Ts in fetal blood disclosed by this study represents the ontogenically earliest thymic immigrants...
- Defects of the heart, eye, and megakaryocytes in peroxisome proliferator activator receptor-binding protein (PBP) null embryos implicate GATA family of transcription factorsSusan E Crawford
Department of Pathology, Northwestern University School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611 3008, USA
J Biol Chem 277:3585-92. 2002..These observations identify the GATA family of transcription factors as a new interacting partner of PBP and demonstrate that PBP is essential for normal development of vital organ systems...
- Reciprocal interactions of Pit1 and GATA2 mediate signaling gradient-induced determination of pituitary cell typesJ S Dasen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0648, USA
Cell 97:587-98. 1999....
- Cloning and analysis of Nkx6.3 during CNS and gastrointestinal developmentTomas Alanentalo
Umeå Centre for Molecular Medicine, UCMM, Umea University, S 901 87 Umea, Sweden
Gene Expr Patterns 6:162-70. 2006..2 both in the CNS and in the gut. Transient Nkx6.2 expression was also detected in the developing pancreas. However, analysis of Nkx6.2(-/-) mice did not display any obvious aberrations of pancreatic or stomach development...
- A role for Ets1, synergizing with AP-1 and GATA-3 in the regulation of IL-5 transcription in mouse Th2 lymphocytesJun Wang
Division of Molecular Bioscience, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Mills Road, Acton, ACT 0200 Australia
Int Immunol 18:313-23. 2006....
- Interaction between GATA and the C/EBP family of transcription factors is critical in GATA-mediated suppression of adipocyte differentiationQiang Tong
Department of Genetics and Complex Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, 665 Huntington Ave, Bldg 1, Rm 207, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:706-15. 2005..Thus, these results show that in addition to its previously recognized function in suppressing PPARgamma transcriptional activity, interaction of GATA factors with C/EBP is necessary for their ability to negatively regulate adipogenesis...
- Distinct structural requirements of GATA-3 for the regulation of thymocyte and Th2 cell differentiationSung Yun Pai
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatric Oncology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 180:1050-9. 2008..Taken together, our data demonstrate that the unique function of GATA-3 is conferred by both its cell type-specific expression and distinct protein structure...
- Noncanonical Wnt signaling promotes apoptosis in thymocyte developmentHuiling Liang
Department of Cell Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01545, USA
J Exp Med 204:3077-84. 2007..These results indicate that Wnt5a induction of the noncanonical Wnt-Ca(2+) pathway alters canonical Wnt signaling and is critical for normal T cell development...
- c-Myb regulates lineage choice in developing thymocytes via its target gene Gata3Diane Maurice
Institute of Cancer Research, Cancer Research UK Centre for Cell and Molecular Biology, London, UK
EMBO J 26:3629-40. 2007..In c-Myb-null thymocytes, Gata3, a critical inducer of T-helper cell fate, is not upregulated in response to T-cell receptor signaling, following ..
- Hand2 determines the noradrenergic phenotype in the mouse sympathetic nervous systemYuka Morikawa
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Tulane University, 2000 Percival Stern Hall, New Orleans, LA 70118, USA
Dev Biol 307:114-26. 2007..Our data suggest that the major role of Hand2 during SNS development is to permit sympathetic neurons to acquire a catecholaminergic phenotype...
- Molecular Development of the Endolymphatic Duct and SacDaniel Choo; Fiscal Year: 2005..Significantly, this proposal includes challenging but achievable goals that will provide important knowledge to the field of inner ear development. ..
- A preclinical trial of intratympanic antivirals for CMV-related hearing lossDaniel Choo; Fiscal Year: 2007..Given the tremendous potential patient population of infants with congenital CMV infection and SNHL, it is compelling to pursue these studies and develop new therapies that are safe and effective. ..
- A preclinical trial of intratympanic antivirals for CMV-related hearing lossDaniel I Choo; Fiscal Year: 2010..Given the tremendous potential patient population of infants with congenital CMV infection and SNHL, it is compelling to pursue these studies and develop new therapies that are safe and effective. ..
- A preclinical trial of intratympanic antivirals for CMV-related hearing lossDaniel Choo; Fiscal Year: 2009..Given the tremendous potential patient population of infants with congenital CMV infection and SNHL, it is compelling to pursue these studies and develop new therapies that are safe and effective. ..