Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gata2
Description: GATA binding protein 2
Alias: Gata-2, GATA-binding protein 2, endothelial transcription factor GATA-2
Publications108 found, 100 shown here
- Expression and domain-specific function of GATA-2 during differentiation of the hematopoietic precursor cells in midgestation mouse embryosNaoko Minegishi
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Tsukuba, Japan
Blood 102:896-905. 2003..A reduction of GATA-2 expression or activity is required for the differentiation of precursors to hematopoietic cells...
- Gata2, Fli1, and Scl form a recursively wired gene-regulatory circuit during early hematopoietic developmentJohn E Pimanda
Department of Haematology, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 0XY, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:17692-7. 2007..We describe a regulatory circuit made up of Gata2, Fli1, and Scl/Tal1 and their enhancers, Gata2-3, Fli1+12, and Scl+19, that operates during specification of ..
- Characterization of definitive lymphohematopoietic stem cells in the day 9 murine yolk sacM C Yoder
Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Department of Pediatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
Immunity 7:335-44. 1997..Surprisingly, 37-fold more CD34+c-Kit+ cells reside in the day 9 yolk sac than in the P-Sp. In sum, definitive HSC are coexistent, but not equal in number, in the murine yolk sac and P-Sp prior to fetal liver colonization...
- GATA-1-dependent transcriptional repression of GATA-2 via disruption of positive autoregulation and domain-wide chromatin remodelingJeffrey A Grass
Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology Program, Department of Pharmacology, University of Wisconsin Medical School, 383 Medical Sciences Center, 1300 University Avenue, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:8811-6. 2003..Such a mechanism is predicted to be critical for the control of hematopoiesis...
- Transcription factor GATA-2 is required for proliferation/survival of early hematopoietic cells and mast cell formation, but not for erythroid and myeloid terminal differentiationF Y Tsai
Division of Hematology Oncology and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Children s Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 89:3636-43. 1997..Analysis of GATA-2-/-/p53-/- compound-mutant embryos shows that the absence of p53 partially restores the number of total GATA-2-/- hematopoietic cells, and therefore suggests a potential link between GATA-2 and p53 pathways...
- Context-dependent GATA factor function: combinatorial requirements for transcriptional control in hematopoietic and endothelial cellsRyan J Wozniak
Department of Pharmacology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Biol Chem 282:14665-74. 2007..For example, GATA-1 and GATA-2 occupy five conserved regions over approximately 100 kb of the Gata2 locus in the transcriptionally repressed and active states, respectively, in erythroid cells...
- The transcription factor GATA3 is a downstream effector of Hoxb1 specification in rhombomere 4I Pata
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Tartu, 51010 Tartu, Estonia
Development 126:5523-31. 1999..Function of GATA3 in ventral rhombomere (r) 4 is dependent on functional GATA2, which in turn is under the control of Hoxb1...
- Dynamic GATA factor interplay at a multicomponent regulatory region of the GATA-2 locusMelissa L Martowicz
University of Wisconsin Medical School, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology Program, Department of Pharmacology, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Biol Chem 280:1724-32. 2005..We propose that GATA-2 transcription is regulated via the collective actions of complexes assembled at the -2.8- and -1.8-kb regions, which share similar properties, and through a qualitatively distinct activity of the -3.9-kb complex...
- Neuronal defects in the hindbrain of Hoxa1, Hoxb1 and Hoxb2 mutants reflect regulatory interactions among these Hox genesAnthony Gavalas
Division of Developmental Neurobiology, MRC National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, UK
Development 130:5663-79. 2003..Therefore, we have delineated the functional requirements in hindbrain neuronal patterning that follow the establishment of the genetic regulatory hierarchy between Hoxa1, Hoxb1 and Hoxb2...
- Establishing the transcriptional programme for blood: the SCL stem cell enhancer is regulated by a multiprotein complex containing Ets and GATA factorsBerthold Gottgens
University of Cambridge Department of Haematology, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2XY, UK
EMBO J 21:3039-50. 2002..Our results suggest that these transcription factors are key components of an enhanceosome responsible for activating SCL transcription and establishing the transcriptional programme required for HSC formation...
- GATA-2 and GATA-2/ER display opposing activities in the development and differentiation of blood progenitorsKenji Kitajima
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University, Suita 565 0871, Japan
EMBO J 21:3060-9. 2002....
- GATA-2/estrogen receptor chimera regulates cytokine-dependent growth of hematopoietic cells through accumulation of p21(WAF1) and p27(Kip1) proteinsSachiko Ezoe
Department of Hematology Oncology and Molecular Oncology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2, Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Blood 100:3512-20. 2002..These results suggest that GATA-2 may regulate expression levels of p21(WAF1) and p27(Kip1), thereby contributing to the quiescence of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cells...
- GATA motifs regulate early hematopoietic lineage-specific expression of the Gata2 geneMaki Kobayashi-Osaki
Center for Tsukuba Advanced Research Alliance, University of Tsukuba, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 25:7005-20. 2005..The expression of a green fluorescent protein (GFP) reporter placed under the control of a 3.1-kbp Gata2 gene regulatory domain 5' to the distal first exon (IS) mirrored that of the endogenous Gata2 gene within the P-Sp ..
- Novel insights into erythroid development revealed through in vitro differentiation of GATA-1 embryonic stem cellsM J Weiss
Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts
Genes Dev 8:1184-97. 1994..The approach used here is a paradigm for the phenotypic analysis of targeted mutations affecting hematopoietic development...
- GATA-factor dependence of the multitype zinc-finger protein FOG-1 for its essential role in megakaryopoiesisAaron N Chang
Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital and Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:9237-42. 2002..On the basis of these and previous reports, we infer that GATA factor dependence is a critical aspect of FOG protein function...
- Alternative promoters regulate transcription of the mouse GATA-2 geneN Minegishi
Center for Tsukuba Advanced Research Alliance and Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennoudai, Tsukuba 305, Japan
J Biol Chem 273:3625-34. 1998..These data indicate that the proximal 80 base pair region of IS promoter is important for the generation of cell type-specific expression of mGATA-2 from the IS exon...
- GATA factors are essential for transcription of the survival gene E4bp4 and the viability response of interleukin-3 in Ba/F3 hematopoietic cellsYung luen Yu
Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Academia Sinica, No 128, Sec 2, Yen Jiou Yuan Road, Taipei, 115 Taiwan
J Biol Chem 277:27144-53. 2002..Taken together, our results suggest that the GATA factors play an important role in transducing the survival signal of IL-3, and one of their cellular targets is E4bp4...
- The mouse GATA-2 gene is expressed in the para-aortic splanchnopleura and aorta-gonads and mesonephros regionN Minegishi
Center for Tsukuba Advanced Research Alliance and Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan
Blood 93:4196-207. 1999..These experiments describe an early developmental GATA-2 hematopoietic enhancer located between 6.0 and 2.5 kbp 5' to the IS exon...
- An early haematopoietic defect in mice lacking the transcription factor GATA-2F Y Tsai
Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
Nature 371:221-6. 1994..We propose that GATA-2 regulates genes controlling growth factor responsiveness or the proliferative capacity of early haematopoietic cells...
- The transcription factor GATA2 regulates differentiation of brown adipocytesJudy Tsai
Department of Genetics and Complex Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
EMBO Rep 6:879-84. 2005..We report here that GATA2 is expressed in brown adipocyte precursors, and its expression is downregulated in a differentiation-dependent ..
- Globin gene activation during haemopoiesis is driven by protein complexes nucleated by GATA-1 and GATA-2Eduardo Anguita
MRC Molecular Haematology Unit, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
EMBO J 23:2841-52. 2004....
- Ascl1/Mash1 is required for the development of central serotonergic neuronsAlexandre Pattyn
CNRS UMR 8542, Ecole Normale Superieure, 75005 Paris, France
Nat Neurosci 7:589-95. 2004..Thus Ascl1, which is essential for noradrenergic differentiation, is also a determinant of the serotonergic phenotype...
- Hand2 determines the noradrenergic phenotype in the mouse sympathetic nervous systemYuka Morikawa
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Tulane University, 2000 Percival Stern Hall, New Orleans, LA 70118, USA
Dev Biol 307:114-26. 2007..of other members of the transcriptional circuit regulating SNS development, including Phox2a/b, Mash1 and Gata2/3; however, Hand2 was required for Hand1 expression...
- Context-dependent function of regulatory elements and a switch in chromatin occupancy between GATA3 and GATA2 regulate Gata2 transcription during trophoblast differentiationSoma Ray
Institute of Maternal Fetal Biology and the Division of Cancer and Developmental Biology, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
J Biol Chem 284:4978-88. 2009GATA transcription factors are important regulators of tissue-specific gene expression during development. GATA2 and GATA3 have been implicated in the regulation of trophoblast-specific genes...
- Haploinsufficiency of GATA-2 perturbs adult hematopoietic stem-cell homeostasisNeil P Rodrigues
Center for Regenerative Medicine and Technology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02129, USA
Blood 106:477-84. 2005..Thus, GATA-2 dose regulates adult stem-cell homeostasis by affecting select aspects of stem cell function...
- Cell signaling directing the formation and function of hemogenic endothelium during murine embryogenesisLauren C Goldie
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Blood 112:3194-204. 2008..Thus, we identify a novel, critical role for RA signaling in the development of hemogenic endothelium that contributes to definitive hematopoiesis...
- Endoglin expression in blood and endothelium is differentially regulated by modular assembly of the Ets/Gata hemangioblast codeJohn E Pimanda
Department of Haematology, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Blood 112:4512-22. 2008..By contrast Pu.1, an Ets factor specific to the blood lineage, and Gata2 binding was only detected in blood...
- GATA-2 plays two functionally distinct roles during the ontogeny of hematopoietic stem cellsKam Wing Ling
Department of Cell Biology and Genetics, Eramus University Medical Center, 3000 DR Rotterdam, Netherlands
J Exp Med 200:871-82. 2004..Thus, GATA-2 plays at least two functionally distinct roles during ontogeny of HSCs: the production and expansion of HSCs in the aorta-gonad-mesonephros and the proliferation of HSCs in the adult bone marrow...
- CREB-binding proteins (CBP) as a transcriptional coactivator of GATA-2HuiJie Jiang
College of Life Sciences, Ludong University, Yantai, 264025, China
Sci China C Life Sci 51:191-8. 2008....
- Redirecting differentiation of hematopoietic progenitors by a transcription factor, GATA-2Kenji Kitajima
Department of Pathology, Medical School and Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University, Yamada oka 2 2, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Blood 107:1857-63. 2006..1 promoter region. This study demonstrates that the function of GATA-2 is modified in a context-dependent manner by expression of PU.1, which in turn is regulated by GATA-2...
- Foxn4 acts synergistically with Mash1 to specify subtype identity of V2 interneurons in the spinal cordShengguo Li
Center for Advanced Biotechnology and Medicine and Department of Pediatrics, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, 679 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:10688-93. 2005..However, coexpression of both Foxn4 and Mash1 promotes the V2b fate while inhibiting the V2a fate, indicating that Foxn4 cooperates with Mash1 to specify the identity of V2b neurons from bipotential p2 progenitors...
- Conditional mutagenesis of the murine serum response factor gene blocks cardiogenesis and the transcription of downstream gene targetsZhiyv Niu
Center for Cardiovascular Development, Division of Cardiovascular Sciences, Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 280:32531-8. 2005....
- Phosphorylation of GATA2 by Akt increases adipose tissue differentiation and reduces adipose tissue-related inflammation: a novel pathway linking obesity to atherosclerosisRossella Menghini
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Policlinico Tor Vergata PTV University Hospital, Rome, Italy
Circulation 111:1946-53. 2005Obesity-related inflammation is emerging as a major cause of insulin resistance and cardiovascular diseases. GATA2 transcription factor is an inhibitor of adipogenesis and an activator of vascular cells...
- MED220/thyroid receptor-associated protein 220 functions as a transcriptional coactivator with Pit-1 and GATA-2 on the thyrotropin-beta promoter in thyrotropesDavid F Gordon
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center Fitzsimons, Mail Stop 8106, P O Box 6511, Aurora, Colorado 80049, USA
Mol Endocrinol 20:1073-89. 2006..Thus, the TSHbeta gene is maximally activated by a combination of three thyrotrope transcription factors that act via both protein-DNA and protein-protein interactions...
- Loss of the protein NUPR1 (p8) leads to delayed LHB expression, delayed ovarian maturation, and testicular development of a sertoli-cell-only syndrome-like phenotype in miceChristina M Million Passe
Medical Sciences Program, Indiana University School of Medicine, Bloomington, Indiana 47405, USA
Biol Reprod 79:598-607. 2008..Factors indicative of pituitary maturation, GATA2, CGA, and TSH, are not differentially expressed in Nupr1(-/-) and Nupr1(+/+) embryos at e17.5...
- GATA transcription factors inhibit cytokine-dependent growth and survival of a hematopoietic cell line through the inhibition of STAT3 activitySachiko Ezoe
Department of Hematology Oncology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2, Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:13163-70. 2005..Together, these results suggest that, besides the roles as transcription factors, GATA family proteins modulate cytokine signals through protein-protein interactions, thereby regulating the growth and survival of hematopoietic cells...
- Analysis of HSF4 binding regions reveals its necessity for gene regulation during development and heat shock response in mouse lensesMitsuaki Fujimoto
Department of Biochemistry, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Minami Kogushi 1 1 1, Ube 755 8505, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:29961-70. 2008..These results suggest novel mechanisms of gene regulation controlled by HSF4 in non-classic heat shock response and in lens development...
- Combinatorial Gata2 and Sca1 expression defines hematopoietic stem cells in the bone marrow nicheNorio Suzuki
Japan Science and Technology Agency JST Exploratory Research for Advanced Technology ERATO Environmental Response Project, Center for Tsukuba Advanced Research Alliance, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennoudai, Tsukuba 305 8577, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:2202-7. 2006..In this study, we found that a Gata2 promoter directs activity in all HSCs...
- Antagonism of FOG-1 and GATA factors in fate choice for the mast cell lineageAlan B Cantor
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Exp Med 205:611-24. 2008..They also provide evidence for lineage instability during early stages of hematopoietic lineage commitment...
- Domains of Pit-1 required for transcriptional synergy with GATA-2 on the TSH beta geneDavid F Gordon
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Box B151, 4200 E Ninth Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 196:53-66. 2002..Thus multiple domains of Pit-1 are required for full synergy with GATA-2 and sequences between the two binding sites contribute to co-occupancy with both factors on the proximal TSH beta promoter...
- Pitx2 regulates lung asymmetry, cardiac positioning and pituitary and tooth morphogenesisC R Lin
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department and School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093, USA
Nature 401:279-82. 1999..Thus, Pitx2 is a transcription factor that encodes 'leftness' of the lung...
- A homeobox gene, vax2, controls the patterning of the eye dorsoventral axisA M Barbieri
Telethon Institute of Genetics and Medicine, San Raffaele Biomedical Science Park, 20132 Milan, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:10729-34. 1999..Altogether, these data indicate that vax2 plays a crucial role in eye development and, in particular, in the specification of the ventral optic vesicle...
- Reciprocal interactions of Pit1 and GATA2 mediate signaling gradient-induced determination of pituitary cell typesJ S Dasen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla 92093 0648, USA
Cell 97:587-98. 1999..ventral pituitary cell types is mediated via the reciprocal interactions of two transcription factors, Pit1 and GATA2, which are epistatic to the remainder of the cell type-specific transcription programs and serve as the molecular ..
- Islet-to-LMO stoichiometries control the function of transcription complexes that specify motor neuron and V2a interneuron identityMi Ryoung Song
Bioimaging Research Center and Cell Dynamics Research Center, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Gwangju, Republic of Korea
Development 136:2923-32. 2009....
- Gata2 is required for the development of inner ear semicircular ducts and the surrounding perilymphatic spaceMaarja Haugas
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, University of Helsinki, Finland
Dev Dyn 239:2452-69. 2010b>Gata2 has essential roles in the development of many organs...
- VE-statin/egfl7 expression in endothelial cells is regulated by a distal enhancer and a proximal promoter under the direct control of Erg and GATA-2Alexandra Le Bras
CNRS, Institut de Biologie de Lille, UMR 8161, Equipe Labellisée La Ligue, Lille, France
PLoS ONE 5:e12156. 2010....
- Tcf/Lef repressors differentially regulate Shh-Gli target gene activation thresholds to generate progenitor patterning in the developing CNSHui Wang
Department of Neuroscience and Cell Biology, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 675 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Development 138:3711-21. 2011..Together, our data reveal a Shh-Gli-independent transcriptional input that is required to shape the precise spatial and temporal response to extracellular morphogen signaling information during lineage segregation in the CNS...
- The rat microphthalmia-associated transcription factor gene (Mitf) maps at 4q34-q41 and is mutated in the mib ratsK Opdecamp
Laboratory of Developmental Neurogenetics, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mamm Genome 9:617-21. 1998..transcription factor (Mitf) was assigned to rat Chromosome (Chr) 4q34-q41, as well as the Gata2 and Mem1 genes...
- Notch1-mediated signaling induces MHC class II expression through activation of class II transactivator promoter III in mast cellsNobuhiro Nakano
Atopy Allergy Research Center, Department of Immunology, Juntendo Univesity School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Biol Chem 286:12042-8. 2011..These findings indicate that activation of CIITA pIII plays an important role in MHC class II expression in mast cells...
- Pax6 is essential for establishing ventral-dorsal cell boundaries in pituitary gland developmentC Kioussi
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California San Diego, School, Department of Medicine, 9500 Gilman Drive, Cellular and Molecular Medicine Room 345, La Jolla, CA 92093 0648, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:14378-82. 1999..We suggest that the transient dorsal expression of Pax6 is essential for establishing a sharp boundary between dorsal and ventral cell types, based on the inhibition of Shh ventral signals...
- Increased c-Jun expression and reduced GATA2 expression promote aberrant monocytic differentiation induced by activating PTPN11 mutantsZhenyun Yang
Department of Pediatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:4376-93. 2009..Evaluation of hematopoietic-specific transcription factor expression indicates reduced GATA2 and elevated c-Jun in mutant Shp2-expressing progenitors...
- Murine leukemia retrovirus integration induces the formation of transcription factor complexes on palindromic sequences in the signal transducer and activator of transcription factor 5a gene during the development of pre-B lymphomagenesisTatsuaki Tsuruyama
Department of Forensic Medicine and Molecular Pathology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Am J Pathol 178:1374-86. 2011....
- Coexpression of SCL and GATA3 in the V2 interneurons of the developing mouse spinal cordEmma Smith
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, incorporating the Special Research Centre for Functional and Applied Genomics, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Dev Dyn 224:231-7. 2002..These experiments revealed that SCL is expressed in a medially restricted subpopulation of GATA-3 producing cells, suggesting a possible role for this factor in the differentiation of the GATA population of V2 interneurons...
- Gata2 maps to mouse chromosome 6S L Ciciotte
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Mamm Genome 8:69-70. 1997
- Defects of the heart, eye, and megakaryocytes in peroxisome proliferator activator receptor-binding protein (PBP) null embryos implicate GATA family of transcription factorsSusan E Crawford
Department of Pathology, Northwestern University School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611 3008, USA
J Biol Chem 277:3585-92. 2002..These observations identify the GATA family of transcription factors as a new interacting partner of PBP and demonstrate that PBP is essential for normal development of vital organ systems...
- Essential and instructive roles of GATA factors in eosinophil developmentRyutaro Hirasawa
Department of Immunology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
J Exp Med 195:1379-86. 2002..Taken together, our findings establish essential and instructive roles of GATA factors in eosinophil development. GATA-1 and GATA-2 could be novel molecular targets for therapeutic approaches to allergic inflammation...
- Charge movement and transcription regulation of L-type calcium channel alpha(1S) in skeletal muscle cellsZhenlin Zheng
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
J Physiol 540:397-409. 2002..This study demonstrates that the transcription factors CREB, GATA-2 and SOX-5 play a significant role in the expression of the skeletal muscle DHPR or L-type Ca(2+) channel alpha(1S)...
- Pitx2 is required at multiple stages of pituitary organogenesis: pituitary primordium formation and cell specificationHoonkyo Suh
Neuroscience Program, Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0638, USA
Development 129:329-37. 2002..Mechanistically, this is due to the dependence of several critical lineage-specific transcription factors, Pit1, Gata2, Egr1 and Sf1, on a threshold level of PITX2...
- Sexually dimorphic expression of Gata-2 during mouse gonad developmentPam Siggers
MRC Mammalian Genetics Unit, Harwell, OX11 0RD, Didcot, UK
Mech Dev 111:159-62. 2002..Comparative in situ hybridisation using the germ cell marker Oct4 (EMBO J., 8, 2543) indicates that Gata-2 transcripts are restricted to the germ cell lineage at 13.5 dpc...
- LMO4 controls the balance between excitatory and inhibitory spinal V2 interneuronsKaumudi Joshi
Department of Molecular Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Neuron 61:839-51. 2009..We further demonstrate that LMO4 nucleates the assembly of a novel LIM-complex containing SCL, Gata2, and NLI...
- GATA-2 and GATA-3 regulate trophoblast-specific gene expression in vivoG T Ma
Department of Biochemistry, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois 60208, USA
Development 124:907-14. 1997....
- Runx genes are direct targets of Scl/Tal1 in the yolk sac and fetal liverJosette Renee Landry
Department of Haematology, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, Cambridge University, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Blood 111:3005-14. 2008..Furthermore, binding of an Scl-Lmo2-Gata2 complex was demonstrated to occur on the regions flanking the conserved E-boxes of the Runx1 loci and was shown to ..
- Repression via the GATA box is essential for tissue-specific erythropoietin gene expressionNaoshi Obara
Center for Tsukuba Advanced Research Alliance TARA, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan
Blood 111:5223-32. 2008..Thus, GATA-based repression is essential for the inducible and cell type-specific expression of the Epo gene...
- GATA-2 reinforces megakaryocyte development in the absence of GATA-1Zan Huang
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Northwestern University, Lurie Research Building 5 113, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:5168-80. 2009..Moreover, our data reveal that overexpression of GATA-2 facilitates aberrant megakaryopoiesis...
- A composite intronic element directs dynamic binding of the progesterone receptor and GATA-2Angeliki Magklara
Laboratory of Receptor Biology and Gene Expression, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Mol Endocrinol 23:61-73. 2009..Our study offers new insight in the nature of PR-regulated transcription in mammary cancer cells...
- A mechanosensitive transcriptional mechanism that controls angiogenesisAkiko Mammoto
Vascular Biology Program, Department of Pathology and Surgery, Children s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 457:1103-8. 2009..the balance of activities between two antagonistic transcription factors, TFII-I (also known as GTF2I) and GATA2, that govern gene expression of the VEGF receptor VEGFR2 (also known as KDR)...
- Re-expression of GATA2 cooperates with peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma depletion to revert the adipocyte phenotypeMichael Schupp
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Univ of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 700 CRB, 415 Curie Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6149, USA
J Biol Chem 284:9458-64. 2009..We identified GATA2, a transcription factor whose down-regulation early in adipogenesis is required for preadipocyte differentiation ..
- Gata2 is a tissue-specific post-mitotic selector gene for midbrain GABAergic neuronsKaia Kala
Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Development 136:253-62. 2009..active in GABAergic neurogenesis and show their correlation with the expression of the transcription factor Gata2. Using tissue-specific inactivation and ectopic expression, we show that Gata2 regulates GABAergic neuron ..
- Absence of yolk sac hematopoiesis from mice with a targeted disruption of the scl geneL Robb
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria, Australia
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92:7075-9. 1995..Transcripts of GATA-1 and PU.1 transcription factors were absent from RNA from scl-/- yolk sacs and embryos. These results implicate scl as a crucial regulator of early hematopoiesis...
- Notch signaling requires GATA-2 to inhibit myelopoiesis from embryonic stem cells and primary hemopoietic progenitorsRenee F de Pooter
Department of Immunology, University of Toronto, Sunnybrook and Women s Research Institute, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Immunol 176:5267-75. 2006..Importantly, in the absence of GATA-2, Dll-1-induced signals fail to inhibit commitment to the myeloid fate. Taken together, our results support a role for GATA-2 in allowing Dll-1 to restrict non-T cell lineage differentiation outcomes...
- Pituitary-specific Gata2 knockout: effects on gonadotrope and thyrotrope functionMichael A Charles
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0618, USA
Mol Endocrinol 20:1366-77. 2006b>GATA2 is expressed in the pituitary during development and in adult gonadotropes and thyrotropes. It is proposed to be important for gonadotrope and thyrotrope cell fate choice and for TSH production...
- Molecular basis of pituitary dysfunction in mouse and humanL J Cushman
Department of Human Genetics, 4301 MSRBIII, 1500 W. Medical Center Drive, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-0638, USA
Mamm Genome 12:485-94. 2001
- Functional overlap of GATA-1 and GATA-2 in primitive hematopoietic developmentYuko Fujiwara
Children s Hospital, Enders 760, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 103:583-5. 2004..Thus, the function of GATA-1 and GATA-2 overlaps at the yolk sac stage. Moreover, a GATA factor, either GATA-1 or GATA-2, is required to initiate blood formation in the embryo...
- Expression and genetic interaction of transcription factors GATA-2 and GATA-3 during development of the mouse central nervous systemJ Nardelli
Cytosquelette et Développement, CNRS URA 2115, CHU Pitie Salpetriere, 105 Boulevard de l Hôpital, Paris Cedex, 75 634, France
Dev Biol 210:305-21. 1999....
- Dok1 encoding p62(dok) maps to mouse chromosome 6 and human chromosome 2 in a region of translocation in chronic lymphocytic leukemiaK Nelms
Laboratory of Immunology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Bethesda, Maryland, 20892-1892, USA
Genomics 53:243-5. 1998
- Multistep signaling requirements for pituitary organogenesis in vivoM Treier
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Diego, School and Department of Medicine, La Jolla, California 92093 0648 USA
Genes Dev 12:1691-704. 1998....
- RBPjkappa-dependent Notch function regulates Gata2 and is essential for the formation of intra-embryonic hematopoietic cellsAlex Robert-Moreno
Centre Oncologia Molecular, IDIBELL Institut de Recerca Oncologica, Hospitalet, Barcelona 08907, Spain
Development 132:1117-26. 2005..progenitors, accompanied by the lack of expression of the hematopoietic transcription factors Aml1/Runx1, Gata2 and Scl/Tal1. We show that in wild-type embryos, a few cells lining the aorta endothelium at E9...
- Thrombopoietin rescues in vitro erythroid colony formation from mouse embryos lacking the erythropoietin receptorM W Kieran
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:9126-31. 1996....
- The GATA2 transcription factor negatively regulates the proliferation of neuronal progenitorsAbeer El Wakil
UMR CNRS 7000, Cytosquelette et Développement, Faculté de Médecine Pitié Salpêtrière, Paris, France
Development 133:2155-65. 2006..In this respect, we have studied the possible implication of GATA2, a transcription factor that is involved in several neuronal specification pathways, in the control of the ..
- Cross talk between retinoic acid signaling and transcription factor GATA-2Shinobu Tsuzuki
Section of Gene Function and Regulation, Institute of Cancer Research, London SW3 6JB, UK
Mol Cell Biol 24:6824-36. 2004....
- Serotonergic transcription of human FEV reveals direct GATA factor interactions and fate of Pet-1-deficient serotonin neuron precursorsKatherine C Krueger
Department of Neurosciences, Case Western Reserve University, School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Neurosci 28:12748-58. 2008..Our findings identify a direct transcriptional interaction between Gata-2 and FEV and a unique marker for new insight into FEV/Pet-1 function in 5-HT neuron development...
- Normal reproductive and macrophage function in Pem homeobox gene-deficient miceJ L Pitman
Cancer Center, Graduate Program in Biomedical Sciences, Department of Reproductive Medicine, University of California at San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, California 92093 0684, USA
Dev Biol 202:196-214. 1998..Together, these data show that Pem is dispensable for embryonic and postnatal development, gonadal function, and Kupffer cell activation, perhaps due to compensatory expression of a similar homeobox gene...
- Gata2 specifies serotonergic neurons downstream of sonic hedgehogSarah E Craven
Department of Molecular Biology, Genentech Inc, 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Development 131:1165-73. 2004..2 and Nkx6.1 cooperate to induce the closely related zinc-finger transcription factors Gata2 and Gata3...
- Role of Phox2b and Mash1 in the generation of the vestibular efferent nucleusM C Tiveron
CNRS UMR 6156, NMDA IBDM, Case 907 Parc Scientifique de Luminy, 13288, Marseille Cedex 9, France
Dev Biol 260:46-57. 2003....
- Identification of an immediate early gene, pghs-B, whose protein product has prostaglandin synthase/cyclooxygenase activityR P Ryseck
Department of Molecular Biology, Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Princeton, New Jersey 08543 4000
Cell Growth Differ 3:443-50. 1992..The pghs-B gene maps to the [1G-1H2] region of the murine genome...
- Tbx19, a tissue-selective regulator of POMC gene expressionJ Liu
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, School and Department of Medicine, University of California at San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, Cellular and Molecular Medicine West, Room 345, La Jolla, CA 92093 0648, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:8674-9. 2001..It is suggested that Tbx19, depending on the presence of synergizing transcription factors, can activate POMC gene expression and repress the alpha glycoprotein subunit and thyroid-stimulating hormone beta promoters...
- Gene trap screening using negative selection: identification of two tandem, differentially expressed loci with potential hematopoietic functionJ P Cannon
Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Dev Genet 25:49-63. 1999..The FIAU sensitivity of hematopoiesis in F3 embryoid bodies may result from expression of galtek during the formation of early hematopoietic cells, directed by regulatory signals from one or both of these endogenous loci...
- Rescue of the embryonic lethal hematopoietic defect reveals a critical role for GATA-2 in urogenital developmentY Zhou
Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Cell Biology, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL 60208 3500, USA
EMBO J 17:6689-700. 1998..These findings reveal that GATA-2 plays equally vital roles in urogenital and hematopoietic development...
- Hematopoiesis in the fetal liver is impaired by targeted mutagenesis of a gene encoding a non-DNA binding subunit of the transcription factor, polyomavirus enhancer binding protein 2/core binding factorM Niki
Department of Molecular Immunology, Institute of Development, Aging, and Cancer, Tohoku University, Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:5697-702. 1997..Thus, the results indicate that the two subunits function together as a heterodimeric PEBP2/CBF in vivo and that PEBP2/CBF plays an essential role in the development of definitive hematopoiesis...
- Essential role of Gata transcription factors in sympathetic neuron developmentKonstantina Tsarovina
Max Planck Institut für Hirnforschung, Abteilung Neurochemie, Deutschordenstr 46, 60528 Frankfurt Main, Germany
Development 131:4775-86. 2004..Here, we have studied the function of Gata2 and Gata3 zinc-finger transcription factors in autonomic neuron development...
- Partially overlapping expression of Gata2 and Gata3 during inner ear developmentKersti Lilleväli
Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Dev Dyn 231:775-81. 2004b>Gata2 and Gata3 belong to the Gata family of transcription factors in vertebrates that bind to a consensus "GATA" DNA sequence. The Gata3 gene is one of the earliest markers for the developing mouse inner ear...
- Quantitative genetics of age-related retinal degeneration: a second F1 intercross between the A/J and C57BL/6 strainsM Danciger
Department of Biology, Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, CA 90045 2659, USA
Mol Vis 13:79-85. 2007..Thus, the effect of pigment on ageRD could be tested at the same time that the C57BL/6 genetic background was kept in common between the crosses from the two studies for the purpose of comparison...
- Dynamic regulation of Gata factor levels is more important than their identityRita Ferreira
Department of Cell Biology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 109:5481-90. 2007..For instance, Gata2 messenger RNA (mRNA) expression is highly elevated in Gata1-null erythroid cells, yet this does not rescue the ..
- Reduced endothelin converting enzyme-1 and endothelin-3 mRNA in the developing bowel of male mice may increase expressivity and penetrance of Hirschsprung disease-like distal intestinal aganglionosisBhupinder P S Vohra
Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Dev Dyn 236:106-17. 2007..5 male RetDN heterozygous mouse gut explants in organ culture significantly increased the rate of ENS precursor migration through the bowel...
- GATA-1 self-association controls erythroid development in vivoRitsuko Shimizu
Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences and Center for Tsukuba Advanced Research Alliance, University of Tsukuba, Tennoudai 1 1 1, Tsukuba 305 8577, Japan
J Biol Chem 282:15862-71. 2007..These results provide the first convincing line of evidence that the self-association of GATA-1 is important for proper mammalian erythroid development in vivo...
- A Gata2 intronic enhancer confers its pan-endothelia-specific regulationMelin Khandekar
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2200, USA
Development 134:1703-12. 2007..However, the transcriptional regulatory hierarchy governing Gata2 activation in endothelial cells has not been fully explored...
- Disruption of palladin leads to defects in definitive erythropoiesis by interfering with erythroblastic island formation in mouse fetal liverXue Song Liu
Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Department of Medical Genetics, Institute of Health Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, PR China
Blood 110:870-6. 2007..These data demonstrate that palladin is crucial for definitive erythropoiesis and erythroblastic island formation and, especially, required for normal function of macrophages in fetal liver...
- Gata6 is an important regulator of mouse pancreas developmentKimberly Decker
Program in Molecular Biology, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Colorado at Denver Health Sciences Center, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Dev Biol 298:415-29. 2006..Conversely, the majority of transgenic Gata4-Engrailed embryos do not have a pancreatic phenotype. This study suggests that Gata6 is an important regulator of pancreas specification...
- Physiological Notch signaling promotes gliogenesis in the developing peripheral and central nervous systemsMerritt K Taylor
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Life Sciences Institute, Department of Internal Medicine, and Center for Stem Cell Biology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2216, USA
Development 134:2435-47. 2007..These results demonstrate that physiological Notch signaling is required for gliogenesis in vivo, independent of the role of Notch in the maintenance of undifferentiated neural progenitors...
- Runx1-mediated hematopoietic stem-cell emergence is controlled by a Gata/Ets/SCL-regulated enhancerWade T Nottingham
Medical Research Council MRC Molecular Haematology Unit, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Blood 110:4188-97. 2007..factor binding in vivo and analysis of the mutated enhancer in transient transgenic mouse embryos implicate Gata2 and Ets proteins as critical factors for its function...
- Proteomic Approach to Further Understanding the Role of*Alan Cantor; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies should provide important insights that will facilitate the design of novel therapies for MDS. ..
- Gene Modifiers of Retinal DegenerationHENRY DANCIGER; Fiscal Year: 2007..This would make therapeutic approaches simpler. ..
- Proteomic Study of Megakaryocyte Transcriptional ControlAlan Cantor; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of this study should provide new insights into the transcriptional regulation of megakaryopoiesis, and possibly new therapeutic targets for disorders of megakaryocyte proliferation and development. ..
- GENE MODIFIERS OF AGE-RELATED & PCD RETINAL DEGENERATIONHENRY DANCIGER; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- FOG1 AND HEMATOPOIESISAlan Cantor; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Gene Modifiers of Retinal DegenerationHENRY DANCIGER; Fiscal Year: 2009..This would make therapeutic approaches simpler. ..