Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gadd45b
Description: growth arrest and DNA-damage-inducible 45 beta
Alias: AI323528, Myd118, growth arrest and DNA damage-inducible protein GADD45 beta, growth arrest and DNA-damage-inducible protein GADD45 beta, myeloid differentiation primary response gene 118, myeloid differentiation primary response protein MyD118, negative growth regulatory protein MyD118
- Sequence and expression of a cDNA encoding MyD118: a novel myeloid differentiation primary response gene induced by multiple cytokinesA Abdollahi
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104
Oncogene 6:165-7. 1991We report here the full length cDNA sequence and the deduced amino acid sequence of MyD118, a novel myeloid differentiation primary response gene transiently expressed in M1D+ myeloid precursors following induction of terminal ..
- Gadd45beta promotes hepatocyte survival during liver regeneration in mice by modulating JNK signalingSalvatore Papa
Ben May Department for Cancer Research and Department of Pathology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Clin Invest 118:1911-23. 2008..The basis for this modulation, however, is unknown. Here, we investigated the role of the NF-kappaB target Gadd45b in the regulation of hepatocyte fate during liver regeneration after partial hepatectomy...
- Gadd45 beta mediates the NF-kappa B suppression of JNK signalling by targeting MKK7/JNKK2Salvatore Papa
The Gwen Knapp Center for Lupus and Immunology Research, and The Ben May Institute for Cancer Research, The University of Chicago, 924 East 57th Street, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Nat Cell Biol 6:146-53. 2004..Using an unbiased screen, we have previously identified Gadd45 beta/Myd118, a member of the Gadd45 family of inducible factors, as a pivotal mediator of this suppressive activity of NF-..
- CR6-interacting factor 1 interacts with Gadd45 family proteins and modulates the cell cycleHyo Kyun Chung
Laboratory of Endocrine Cell Biology, National Research Laboratory Program, Chungnam National University School of Medicine, Daejeon 301 721 Korea
J Biol Chem 278:28079-88. 2003The Gadd45 family of proteins includes Gadd45alpha, MyD118/Gadd45beta, and CR6/OIG37/Gadd45gamma. These proteins play important roles in maintaining genomic stability and in regulating the cell cycle...
- Gadd45beta is induced through a CAR-dependent, TNF-independent pathway in murine liver hyperplasiaAmedeo Columbano
Department of Toxicology, Oncology and Molecular Pathology Unit, University of Cagliari, Italy
Hepatology 42:1118-26. 2005We previously observed that Gadd45/MyD118, a member of the Gadd45 family of inducible factors, showed the strongest immediate-early induction common to two distinctive proliferation responses of the liver: (1) regeneration induced by ..
- Gadd45beta is important for perpetuating cognate and inflammatory signals in T cellsBinfeng Lu
Section of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, 310 Cedar Street, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8011, USA
Nat Immunol 5:38-44. 2004..In T cells, Gadd45b was rapidly induced by T cell receptor (TCR) and inflammatory signals...
- Nuclear receptor CAR represses TNFalpha-induced cell death by interacting with the anti-apoptotic GADD45BYukio Yamamoto
Laboratory of Reproductive and Developmental Toxicology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e10121. 2010..Here we have identified Growth Arrest and DNA Damage-inducible 45beta (GADD45B) as a novel CAR target, through which CAR represses cell death.
- Immunization with autologous T cells enhances in vivo anti-tumor immune responses accompanied by up-regulation of GADD45betaLi Wang
Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Cell Res 16:702-12. 2006..are responsible for the higher proliferation and resistance to AICD, the expression of Fas/Fas ligand (FasL) and GADD45b was measured by real-time PCR...
- The putative tumor suppressor Tsc-22 is downregulated early in chemically induced hepatocarcinogenesis and may be a suppressor of Gadd45bMari Iida
Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis, Toxicology Operations Branch, Environmental Toxicology Program, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institute of Health, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Toxicol Sci 99:43-50. 2007..We selected two potential transcriptional targets of Tsc-22, growth arrest and DNA damage-inducible gene 45 beta (Gadd45b) and leucine zipper, putative tumor suppressor 2 (Lzts2) to test based on our previous complementary DNA ..
- Gadd45β is an inducible coactivator of transcription that facilitates rapid liver growth in miceJianmin Tian
Department of Pathology and Marion Bessin Liver Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
J Clin Invest 121:4491-502. 2011The growth arrest and DNA damage-inducible 45 (Gadd45) proteins act in many cellular processes. In the liver, Gadd45b (encoding Gadd45β) is the gene most strongly induced early during both compensatory regeneration and drug-induced ..
- Gadd45 beta is a pro-survival factor associated with stress-resistant tumorsA Engelmann
Heinrich Pette Institut, Hamburg, Germany
Oncogene 27:1429-38. 2008..In addition to the gene encoding the antiapoptotic Bcl-x(L) protein, we identified the gadd45b locus to be a novel common integration site in these tumors, leading to enhanced expression...
- The antiapoptotic factor growth arrest and DNA-damage-inducible 45 beta regulates the nuclear receptor constitutive active/androstane receptor-mediated transcriptionYukio Yamamoto
Laboratory of Reproductive and Developmental Toxicology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 36:1189-93. 2008..receptor (CAR) up-regulated expression of the apoptotic growth arrest and DNA-damage-inducible 45 beta (GADD45B) gene in HepG2 cells...
- Gadd45a, Gadd45b and Gadd45g expression during mouse embryonic developmentLilian T Kaufmann
Division of Molecular Embryology, DKFZ ZMBH Alliance, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Im Neuenheimer Feld 581, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Gene Expr Patterns 11:465-70. 2011..Here we provide a comprehensive comparison of Gadd45a, Gadd45b and Gadd45g expression during mouse embryonic development...
- Growth arrest and DNA damage protein 45b (Gadd45b) protects retinal ganglion cells from injuriesBin Liu
Department of Ophthalmology, Northwestern University School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Neurobiol Dis 33:104-10. 2009..In the present study, we find that growth arrest and DNA damage protein 45b (Gadd45b), a previously unknown molecule in neurons of any type, is neuroprotective in retinal ganglion cells (RGCs) in ..
- Neuronal activity-induced Gadd45b promotes epigenetic DNA demethylation and adult neurogenesisDengke K Ma
Institute for Cell Engineering, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 733 North Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Science 323:1074-7. 2009..Here we identify Gadd45b as a neural activity-induced immediate early gene in mature hippocampal neurons...
- Gadd45b and Gadd45g are important for anti-tumor immune responsesSongguang Ju
Department of Immunology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Eur J Immunol 39:3010-8. 2009..b>Gadd45b, a signaling molecule highly up-regulated during Th1 type responses, is studied for its role in limiting tumor ..
- Senescence of chondrocytes in aging articular cartilage: GADD45β mediates p21 expression in association with C/EBPβ in senescence-accelerated miceHirofumi Shimada
Orthopaedic Surgery, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima University, 8 35 1, Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima, 890 8520, Japan
Pathol Res Pract 207:225-31. 2011..Co-expression of C/EBPβ and p21 was confirmed. These observations suggest that the synergism between GADD45β and C/EBPβ may play an important role in cellular senescence in the aging articular cartilage...
- Coupling global methylation and gene expression profiles reveal key pathophysiological events in liver injury induced by a methyl-deficient dietVolodymyr P Tryndyak
Division of Biochemical Toxicology, National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
Mol Nutr Food Res 55:411-8. 2011..However, whether methyl deficiency affects the methylation status of gene promoters has not been explored...
- Gadd45beta deficiency in rheumatoid arthritis: enhanced synovitis through JNK signalingCamilla I Svensson
University of California San Diego School of Medicine, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Arthritis Rheum 60:3229-40. 2009..This study was carried out to evaluate whether low Gadd45beta expression in RA enhances JNK activation and overproduction of MMPs in RA, and whether Gadd45beta deficiency increases arthritis severity in passive K/BxN murine arthritis...
- GADD45beta enhances Col10a1 transcription via the MTK1/MKK3/6/p38 axis and activation of C/EBPbeta-TAD4 in terminally differentiating chondrocytesKaneyuki Tsuchimochi
Laboratory for Cartilage Biology, Research Division, The Hospital for Special Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Biol Chem 285:8395-407. 2010..Collectively, we have uncovered a novel molecular mechanism linking GADD45beta via the MTK1/MKK3/6/p38 axis to C/EBPbeta-TAD4 activation of Col10a1 transcription in terminally differentiating chondrocytes...
- Gadd45b mediates Fas-induced apoptosis by enhancing the interaction between p38 and retinoblastoma tumor suppressorHee Jun Cho
Department of Microbiology Research Institute of Life Science, College of Natural Sciences, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju 660 701, Korea
J Biol Chem 285:25500-5. 2010b>Gadd45b has been known as a positive mediator of apoptosis induced by certain cytokines and oncogenes...
- A role for the elongator complex in zygotic paternal genome demethylationYuki Okada
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7295, USA
Nature 463:554-8. 2010....
- Hematopoietic cells from gadd45a-deficient and gadd45b-deficient mice exhibit impaired stress responses to acute stimulation with cytokines, myeloablation and inflammationS K Gupta
Department of Biochemistry, Fels Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Biology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Oncogene 25:5537-46. 2006..Using bone marrow (BM) from gadd45a-/-, gadd45b-/- and wild-type (wt) mice, we investigated their role in stress responses of myeloid cells to acute stimulation ..
- Gadd45a and Gadd45b protect hematopoietic cells from UV-induced apoptosis via distinct signaling pathways, including p38 activation and JNK inhibitionMamta Gupta
Fels Institute of Cancer Research and Molecular Biology and Department of Biochemistry, Temple University School of Medicine, 3307 N Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
J Biol Chem 281:17552-8. 2006Gadd45a, Gadd45b, and Gadd45g (Gadd45/MyD118/CR6) are genes that are rapidly induced by genotoxic stress and have been implicated in genotoxic stress-induced responses, notably in apoptosis...
- Effects of expression of p53 and Gadd45 on osmotic tolerance of renal inner medullary cellsQi Cai
Laboratory of Kidney and Electrolyte Metabolism, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1603, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 291:F341-9. 2006..Acutely elevating NaCl (and/or urea) reduces Gadd45a, but increases Gadd45b and Gadd45g mRNA, depending on the mix of NaCl and urea and the rate of increase of osmolality...
- Gadd45 family proteins are coactivators of nuclear hormone receptorsY W Yi
Therapeutic Gene Group, Samyang Genex Biotech Research Institute, Taejeon, Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 272:193-8. 2000Gadd45 family genes encode nuclear acidic proteins composed of Gadd45, MyD118, and CR6...
- Comparative analysis of the genetic structure and chromosomal location of the murine MyD118 (Gadd45beta) geneA G Balliet
Fels Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Biology and the Department of Biochemistry, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
DNA Cell Biol 20:239-47. 2001The MyD118 (Gadd45beta) protein is a member of a family of structurally related proteins, including Gadd45 (Gadd45alpha) and CR6 (Gadd45gamma), that have critical roles in regulating growth arrest and apoptosis...
- GADD45b and GADD45g are cdc2/cyclinB1 kinase inhibitors with a role in S and G2/M cell cycle checkpoints induced by genotoxic stressMariappan Vairapandi
Fels Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Biology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
J Cell Physiol 192:327-38. 2002Gadd45a (Gadd45), Gadd45b (MyD118), and Gadd45g (CR6) constitute a family of evolutionarily conserved, small, acidic, nuclear proteins, which have been implicated in terminal differentiation, growth suppression, and apoptosis...
- Regulation of the gadd45beta promoter by NF-kappaBRongguan Jin
The Gwen Knapp Center for Lupus and Immunology Research, and The Ben May Institute for Cancer Research, Committees on Immunology and Cancer Biology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
DNA Cell Biol 21:491-503. 2002..is a pivotal protective mechanism by NF-kappaB, and that this suppression involves the upregulation of gadd45beta/myd118. Induction of gadd45beta by stress and cytokines requires NF-kappaB; however, the regulatory mechanisms underlying ..
- STAT4 serine phosphorylation is critical for IL-12-induced IFN-gamma production but not for cell proliferationAkio Morinobu
Molecular Immunology and Inflammation Branch, National Institute of Arthritis, Musculoskeletal, and Skin Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:12281-6. 2002..We conclude that phosphorylation of STAT4 on both tyrosine and serine residues is important in promoting normal T(H)1 differentiation and IFN-gamma secretion...
- Three GADD45 isoforms contribute to hypertonic stress phenotype of murine renal inner medullary cellsDevulapalli Chakravarty
The Whitney Laboratory, University of Florida, St Augustine, Florida 32080, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 283:F1020-9. 2002..These data associate all known GADD45 isoforms with the hypertonicity phenotype of renal IM cells...
- Cell signalling: cell survival and a Gadd45-factor deficiencyArshad Amanullah
Fels Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Biology and Department of Biochemistry, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
Nature 424:741; discussion 742. 2003
- Transforming growth factor-beta-induced apoptosis is mediated by Smad-dependent expression of GADD45b through p38 activationJiyun Yoo
Laboratory of Cell Regulation and Carcinogenesis, National Instituts of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 5055, USA
J Biol Chem 278:43001-7. 2003..In this report, we identify GADD45b as an effector of TGF-beta-induced apoptosis...
- GADD45beta/GADD45gamma and MEKK4 comprise a genetic pathway mediating STAT4-independent IFNgamma production in T cellsHongbo Chi
Section of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
EMBO J 23:1576-86. 2004..During Th1 differentiation, the GADD45beta/GADD45gamma/MEKK4 pathway appears to integrate upstream signals transduced by both T cell receptor and IL12/STAT4, leading to augmented IFNgamma production in a process independent of STAT4...
- Gadd45 proteins induce G2/M arrest and modulate apoptosis in kidney cells exposed to hyperosmotic stressSally K Mak
Physiological Genomics Group, Department of Animal Sciences, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
J Biol Chem 279:39075-84. 2004....
- NF-kappaB and not the MAPK signaling pathway regulates GADD45beta expression during acute inflammationNing Zhang
Xenogen Corporation, Alameda, California 94501, USA
J Biol Chem 280:21400-8. 2005..Thus, NF-kappaB signaling involves induction of GADD45beta expression, which supports the proposed role of GADD45beta in protecting cells against DNA damaged under various stress conditions...
- Identification of early-responsive genes correlated to valproic acid-induced neural tube defects in miceAkinobu Okada
Drug Safety Research Laboratories, Astellas Pharma Inc, 2 1 6 Kashima, Yodogawa ku, Osaka 532 8514, Japan
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 73:229-38. 2005..However, the molecular mechanism of its teratogenesis is unknown. This study was conducted to investigate the genomewide effects of VPA disruption of normal neural tube development in mice...
- A novel role for GADD45beta as a mediator of MMP-13 gene expression during chondrocyte terminal differentiationKosei Ijiri
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, New England Baptist Bone and Joint Institute, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 280:38544-55. 2005..These observations indicated that GADD45beta plays an essential role during chondrocyte terminal differentiation...
- Hematopoietic cells from Gadd45a- and Gadd45b-deficient mice are sensitized to genotoxic-stress-induced apoptosisMamta Gupta
Fels Institute of Cancer Research and Molecular Biology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Oncogene 24:7170-9. 2005Gadd45a, gadd45b and gadd45g (Gadd45/MyD118/CR6) are genes that are rapidly induced by genotoxic stress. However, the exact function of Gadd45 proteins in the response of mammalian cells to genotoxic stress is unclear...
- Gadd45 beta and Gadd45 gamma are critical for regulating autoimmunityLin Liu
Department of Immunology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Exp Med 202:1341-7. 2005..Our findings therefore identify the Gadd45beta/Gadd45gamma-mediated control of effector autoimmune lymphocytes as an attractive novel target for autoimmune disease therapy...
- NF-kappaB-dependent regulation of the timing of activation-induced cell death of T lymphocytesAkanksha Mittal
Rosensteil Research Center and Department of Biology, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA 02454, USA
J Immunol 176:2183-9. 2006..We propose that the timing of AICD, and thus the length of the effector phase, are regulated by transient expression of a subset of p65/RelA-dependent antiapoptotic genes...
- Characterization of MyD118, Gadd45, and proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) interacting domains. PCNA impedes MyD118 AND Gadd45-mediated negative growth controlM Vairapandi
Fels Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Biology and the Department of Biochemistry, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
J Biol Chem 275:16810-9. 2000b>MyD118 and Gadd45 are related genes encoding for proteins that play important roles in negative growth control, including growth suppression and apoptosis...