Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gabbr1
Description: gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) B receptor, 1
Alias: GABAB1, GABAbR1, bM573K1.1, gamma-aminobutyric acid type B receptor subunit 1, GABA-B receptor 1, GABA-B-R1, GABA-BR1, GABA-BR1b receptor, bM573K1.1.1 (gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) B receptor, 1a), gb1
- Kuner R, Kohr G, Grunewald S, Eisenhardt G, Bach A, Kornau H. Role of heteromer formation in GABAB receptor function. Science. 1999;283:74-7 pubmed..Thus, the interaction of these receptors appears to be crucial for important physiological effects of GABA and provides a mechanism in receptor signaling pathways that involve a heterotrimeric GTP-binding protein. ..
- Palmer L, Schulz J, Murphy S, Ledergerber D, Murayama M, Larkum M. The cellular basis of GABA(B)-mediated interhemispheric inhibition. Science. 2012;335:989-93 pubmed publisher..The results not only reveal the microcircuitry underlying interhemispheric inhibition but also demonstrate the importance of active dendritic properties for cortical output. ..
- Vidal R, Ramírez O, Sandoval L, Koenig Robert R, Hartel S, Couve A. Marlin-1 and conventional kinesin link GABAB receptors to the cytoskeleton and regulate receptor transport. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2007;35:501-12 pubmed..Finally, we report that a kinesin-I mutant severely impairs receptor transport. We conclude that Marlin-1 and kinesin-1 link GABA(B)Rs to the tubulin cytoskeleton in neurons. ..
- Shaban H, Humeau Y, Herry C, Cassasus G, Shigemoto R, Ciocchi S, et al. Generalization of amygdala LTP and conditioned fear in the absence of presynaptic inhibition. Nat Neurosci. 2006;9:1028-35 pubmed
- Casanova E, Guetg N, Vigot R, Seddik R, Julio Pieper M, Hyland N, et al. A mouse model for visualization of GABA(B) receptors. Genesis. 2009;47:595-602 pubmed publisher..These transgenic mice therefore provide a validated tool for direct visualization of native GABA(B) receptors. ..
- Gassmann M, Shaban H, Vigot R, Sansig G, Haller C, Barbieri S, et al. Redistribution of GABAB(1) protein and atypical GABAB responses in GABAB(2)-deficient mice. J Neurosci. 2004;24:6086-97 pubmed..It is therefore possible that functional GABAB receptors exist in neurons that naturally lack GABAB(2) subunits. ..
- Queva C, Bremner Danielsen M, Edlund A, Ekstrand A, Elg S, Erickson S, et al. Effects of GABA agonists on body temperature regulation in GABA(B(1))-/- mice. Br J Pharmacol. 2003;140:315-22 pubmed..Using this model, GHB was shown to be a selective GABAB receptor agonist. In addition, GABAB(1)-/- mice are hypersensitive to GABAA receptor stimulation, indicating that GABAB tone normally balances GABAA-mediated effects...
- Vigot R, Barbieri S, Brauner Osborne H, Turecek R, Shigemoto R, Zhang Y, et al. Differential compartmentalization and distinct functions of GABAB receptor variants. Neuron. 2006;50:589-601 pubmed..Using a combined genetic, physiological, and morphological approach, we now demonstrate that GABAB1 isoforms localize to distinct synaptic sites and convey separate functions in vivo...
- Stratton M, Searcy B, Tobet S. GABA regulates corticotropin releasing hormone levels in the paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus in newborn mice. Physiol Behav. 2011;104:327-33 pubmed publisher..While GABAergic regulation of the HPA axis has been previously reported in adult animals, this study provides evidence of region-specific GABA modulation of immunoreactive CRH in newborns. ..
- Holter J, Davies J, Leresche N, Crunelli V, Carter D. Identification of two further splice variants of GABABR1 characterizes the conserved micro-exon 4 as a hot spot for regulated splicing in the rat brain. J Mol Neurosci. 2005;26:99-108 pubmed..The expression of one GABAR gene, GABABR1, is distinguished by the expression of multiple splice variants that encode different isoforms of the receptor...
- Edwards N, Tejeda H, Pignatelli M, Zhang S, McDevitt R, Wu J, et al. Circuit specificity in the inhibitory architecture of the VTA regulates cocaine-induced behavior. Nat Neurosci. 2017;20:438-448 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings demonstrate notable selectivity in the inhibitory architecture of the VTA and suggest that long-range GABAergic inputs to dopamine neurons fundamentally regulate behavioral responses to cocaine. ..
- Luyt K, Slade T, Dorward J, Durant C, Wu Y, Shigemoto R, et al. Developing oligodendrocytes express functional GABA(B) receptors that stimulate cell proliferation and migration. J Neurochem. 2007;100:822-40 pubmed..The presence of GABA(B)Rs in developing oligodendrocytes provides a new mechanism for neuronal-glial interactions during development and may offer a novel target for promoting remyelination following white matter injury. ..
- Takahata Y, Takarada T, Hinoi E, Nakamura Y, Fujita H, Yoneda Y. Osteoblastic ?-aminobutyric acid, type B receptors negatively regulate osteoblastogenesis toward disturbance of osteoclastogenesis mediated by receptor activator of nuclear factor ?B ligand in mouse bone. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:32906-17 pubmed publisher
- Fukui M, Ozawa S, Nakamichi N, Nakazato R, Takarada T, Yoneda Y. Gradual downregulation of protein expression of the partner GABA(B)R2 subunit during postnatal brain development in mice defective of GABA(B)R1 subunit. J Pharmacol Sci. 2011;115:45-55 pubmed..These results suggest that GABA(B)R2 protein levels are closely correlated with the partner subunit GABA(B)R1 protein levels in mouse brains during postnatal development in vivo. ..
- Wolfe C, Van Doren M, Walker H, Seney M, McClellan K, Tobet S. Sex differences in the location of immunochemically defined cell populations in the mouse preoptic area/anterior hypothalamus. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 2005;157:34-41 pubmed..These results provide support for the suggestion that sex differences in cellular organization in the developing hypothalamus arise from sex differences in cell migration. ..
- Schwenk J, Metz M, Zolles G, Turecek R, Fritzius T, Bildl W, et al. Native GABA(B) receptors are heteromultimers with a family of auxiliary subunits. Nature. 2010;465:231-5 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results establish the KCTD proteins as auxiliary subunits of GABA(B) receptors that determine the pharmacology and kinetics of the receptor response. ..
- Di Giorgio N, Semaan S, Kim J, López P, Bettler B, Libertun C, et al. Impaired GABAB receptor signaling dramatically up-regulates Kiss1 expression selectively in nonhypothalamic brain regions of adult but not prepubertal mice. Endocrinology. 2014;155:1033-44 pubmed publisher..Aminobutyric acid (GABA) also regulates reproduction, and female GABAB1 receptor knockout (KO) mice have compromised fertility...
- Murthy R, Kim J, Sun X, Giger R, Fink D, Mata M. Post-transcriptional regulation of GABAB receptor and GIRK1 channels by Nogo receptor 1. Mol Brain. 2013;6:30 pubmed publisher..Together these findings suggest that NgR1 mediated modulation of synaptic transmission may be accomplished, at least in part, through modulation of G protein coupled receptors and channels. ..
- Pan B, Dong Y, Ito W, Yanagawa Y, Shigemoto R, Morozov A. Selective gating of glutamatergic inputs to excitatory neurons of amygdala by presynaptic GABAb receptor. Neuron. 2009;61:917-29 pubmed publisher..Thus, target-cell-specific control of glutamate release by presynaptic GABAbR orchestrates the inhibitory dominance inside amygdala and might contribute to prevention of nonadaptive defensive behaviors. ..
- Mombereau C, Kaupmann K, Gassmann M, Bettler B, van der Putten H, Cryan J. Altered anxiety and depression-related behaviour in mice lacking GABAB(2) receptor subunits. Neuroreport. 2005;16:307-10 pubmed..In contrast, these mice exhibited an antidepressant-like behaviour in the forced swim test. Taken together, these data suggest that heterodimeric GABAB(1,2) receptors are required for the normal regulation of emotional behaviour. ..
- Bonaventura M, Catalano P, Chamson Reig A, Arany E, Hill D, Bettler B, et al. GABAB receptors and glucose homeostasis: evaluation in GABAB receptor knockout mice. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2008;294:E157-67 pubmed..The animals used in this study were adult male and female BALB/C mice, mice deficient in the GABAB1 subunit of the GABABR (GABAB(-/-)), and wild types (WT)...
- Dugladze T, Maziashvili N, Börgers C, Gurgenidze S, Haussler U, Winkelmann A, et al. GABA(B) autoreceptor-mediated cell type-specific reduction of inhibition in epileptic mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:15073-8 pubmed publisher..We conclude that cell type-specific up-regulation of GABA(B)R-mediated autoinhibition in CCK(+) BCs promotes aberrant high frequency oscillations and hyperexcitability in hippocampal networks of chronic epileptic mice. ..
- Haston C, Tomko T, Godin N, Kerckhoff L, Hallett M. Murine candidate bleomycin induced pulmonary fibrosis susceptibility genes identified by gene expression and sequence analysis of linkage regions. J Med Genet. 2005;42:464-73 pubmed..Combining genomics approaches of differential gene expression and sequence variation potentially identifies approximately 5% the linked genes as fibrosis susceptibility candidate genes in this mouse cross. ..
- Craig M, Mayne E, Bettler B, Paulsen O, McBain C. Distinct roles of GABAB1a- and GABAB1b-containing GABAB receptors in spontaneous and evoked termination of persistent cortical activity. J Physiol. 2013;591:835-43 pubmed publisher..Inputs to layer 1 from other brain regions could thus provide a powerful mechanism for synchronizing DOWN state transitions across cortical areas via activation of GABAergic interneurons targeting postsynaptic GABA(B) receptors. ..
- Howell R, Pugh J. Biphasic modulation of parallel fibre synaptic transmission by co-activation of presynaptic GABAA and GABAB receptors in mice. J Physiol. 2016;594:3651-66 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that GABA, acting through both presynaptic GABAA and GABAB receptors, modulate the amplitude and short-term plasticity of excitatory synapses, a result not possible from activation of either receptor type alone. ..
- Jacobson L, Bettler B, Kaupmann K, Cryan J. Behavioral evaluation of mice deficient in GABA(B(1)) receptor isoforms in tests of unconditioned anxiety. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2007;190:541-53 pubmed..The findings suggest that the GABA(B(1)) isoforms have specific relevance for anxiety with a cognitive component, rather than for innate anxiety per se. ..
- Perea G, Gomez R, Mederos S, Covelo A, Ballesteros J, Schlosser L, et al. Activity-dependent switch of GABAergic inhibition into glutamatergic excitation in astrocyte-neuron networks. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..Using conditional astrocyte-specific GABAB receptor (Gabbr1) knockout mice, we confirmed the glial source of the interneuron-induced potentiation, and demonstrated the ..
- Davis A, Henion T, Tobet S. Gamma-aminobutyric acidB receptors and the development of the ventromedial nucleus of the hypothalamus. J Comp Neurol. 2002;449:270-80 pubmed..The percentage of cells moving per field and the angles of cell movement were not affected. With our previous findings of GABA(A) receptor activation, it is likely that GABA influences VMH development via multiple mechanisms. ..
- Waldmeier P, Kaupmann K, Urwyler S. Roles of GABAB receptor subtypes in presynaptic auto- and heteroreceptor function regulating GABA and glutamate release. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2008;115:1401-11 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that functional GABA B heteroreceptors regulating glutamate release are predominantly, but not exclusively composed of GABA B(1a) and GABA B(2) subunits. ..
- Hanack C, Moroni M, Lima W, Wende H, Kirchner M, Adelfinger L, et al. GABA blocks pathological but not acute TRPV1 pain signals. Cell. 2015;160:759-770 pubmed publisher..detrimental escalation of TRPV1 activity be counteracted? Using a genetic-proteomic approach, we identify the GABAB1 receptor subunit as bona fide inhibitor of TRPV1 sensitization in the context of diverse inflammatory settings...
- Rüttimann E, Vacher C, Gassmann M, Kaupmann K, van der Putten H, Bettler B. Altered hippocampal expression of calbindin-D-28k and calretinin in GABA(B(1))-deficient mice. Biochem Pharmacol. 2004;68:1613-20 pubmed
- Ito Y, Banno R, Shibata M, Adachi K, Hagimoto S, Hagiwara D, et al. GABA type B receptor signaling in proopiomelanocortin neurons protects against obesity, insulin resistance, and hypothalamic inflammation in male mice on a high-fat diet. J Neurosci. 2013;33:17166-73 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the decreased POMC expression in the obese KO mice suggests that the regulation of POMC expression through GABAB receptors is essential for proper energy balance. ..
- Sebe J, Looke Stewart E, Baraban S. GABAB receptors in maintenance of neocortical circuit function. Exp Neurol. 2014;261:163-70 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest a complex role for GABAB receptors in mediating neocortical circuit function. ..
- Qu J, Liao Y, Kou Z, Wei Y, Huang J, Chen J, et al. Puerarin alleviates noise-induced hearing loss via affecting PKCÎ³ and GABAB receptor expression. J Neurol Sci. 2015;349:110-6 pubmed publisher..microscopy results revealed that GFP-positive neurons in the superficial layers of CNC expressed both PKCÎ³ and GABABR1, and GAD67-positive terminals contacted PKCÎ³- or GABABR1-positive neurons...
- Calon F, Lavertu N, Lemieux A, Morissette M, Goulet M, Grondin R, et al. Effect of MPTP-induced denervation on basal ganglia GABA(B) receptors: correlation with dopamine concentrations and dopamine transporter. Synapse. 2001;40:225-34 pubmed..These observations may be relevant to the pathophysiology of motor disorders involving dysfunction of the basal ganglia such as Parkinson disease. ..
- Mombereau C, Kaupmann K, van der Putten H, Cryan J. Altered response to benzodiazepine anxiolytics in mice lacking GABA B(1) receptors. Eur J Pharmacol. 2004;497:119-20 pubmed..These data suggest that targeted deletion of GABA(B(1)) subunit alters GABA(A) receptor function in vivo. ..
- Jacobson L, Kelly P, Bettler B, Kaupmann K, Cryan J. Specific roles of GABA(B(1)) receptor isoforms in cognition. Behav Brain Res. 2007;181:158-62 pubmed..On the other hand, GABA(B(1a))(-/-) mice were impaired in familiar and novel object recognition. We conclude that GABA(B(1)) isoforms contribute differentially to GABA(B) receptor-mediated cognitive processes. ..
- Crivello M, Bonaventura M, Chamson Reig A, Arany E, Bettler B, Libertun C, et al. Postnatal development of the endocrine pancreas in mice lacking functional GABAB receptors. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2013;304:E1064-76 pubmed publisher..g., insulin content in GABAB1KO females), whereas other features are differentially regulated according to age (e.g., Ins2 was reduced in PND4, whereas it was upregulated in adult GABAB1KO females). ..
- Kwakowsky A, Schwirtlich M, Kooy F, Abrahám I, Mate Z, Katarova Z, et al. GABA neurotransmitter signaling in the developing mouse lens: dynamic regulation of components and functionality. Dev Dyn. 2008;237:3830-41 pubmed publisher..The functionality of GABAR was verified by calcium imaging in whole lenses. Our data suggest that GABA synthesized locally by GAD, acts through GABA receptors by modulating the intracellular calcium levels. ..
- Foster J, Kitchen I, Bettler B, Chen Y. GABAB receptor subtypes differentially modulate synaptic inhibition in the dentate gyrus to enhance granule cell output. Br J Pharmacol. 2013;168:1808-19 pubmed publisher..The GABA(B(1a,2)) receptors exclusively mediate disinhibition, thereby playing a greater role in gating signal transfer for hippocampal spatial and pattern learning. ..
- Varani A, Moutinho L, Bettler B, Balerio G. Acute behavioural responses to nicotine and nicotine withdrawal syndrome are modified in GABA(B1) knockout mice. Neuropharmacology. 2012;63:863-72 pubmed publisher..These results reveal an interaction between the GABA(B) system and the neurochemical systems through which nicotine exerts its acute and long-term effects. ..
- Takahata Y, Hinoi E, Takarada T, Nakamura Y, Ogawa S, Yoneda Y. Positive regulation by ?-aminobutyric acid B receptor subunit-1 of chondrogenesis through acceleration of nuclear translocation of activating transcription factor-4. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:33293-303 pubmed..These results suggest that GABA(B)R1 positively regulates chondrogenesis through a mechanism relevant to the acceleration of nuclear translocation of ATF4 for Ihh expression in chondrocytes...
- Rost B, Nicholson P, Ahnert Hilger G, Rummel A, Rosenmund C, Breustedt J, et al. Activation of metabotropic GABA receptors increases the energy barrier for vesicle fusion. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:3066-73 pubmed publisher..These data show that presynaptic GABA(B)Rs can inhibit neurotransmitter release directly by increasing the energy barrier for vesicle fusion. ..
- Zecharia A, Yu X, GÃ¶tz T, Ye Z, Carr D, Wulff P, et al. GABAergic inhibition of histaminergic neurons regulates active waking but not the sleep-wake switch or propofol-induced loss of consciousness. J Neurosci. 2012;32:13062-75 pubmed..GABA(B) receptors on histaminergic neurons were dispensable for all behaviors examined. Synaptic inhibition of histaminergic cells by GABA(A) receptors, however, was essential for habituation to a novel environment. ..
- Maison S, Casanova E, Holstein G, Bettler B, Liberman M. Loss of GABAB receptors in cochlear neurons: threshold elevation suggests modulation of outer hair cell function by type II afferent fibers. J Assoc Res Otolaryngol. 2009;10:50-63 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that GABAergic signaling in type II afferent neurons may be required for normal outer hair cell amplifier function at low sound levels and may also modulate outer hair cell responses to high-level sound. ..
- Kang J, Chadchankar J, Vien T, Mighdoll M, Hyde T, Mather R, et al. Deficits in the activity of presynaptic Î³-aminobutyric acid type B receptors contribute to altered neuronal excitability in fragile X syndrome. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:6621-6632 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results provided evidence that selective deficits in the activity of presynaptic GABABRs contribute to the pathophysiology of FXS. ..
- Covelo A, Araque A. Neuronal activity determines distinct gliotransmitter release from a single astrocyte. elife. 2018;7: pubmed publisher..Present results indicate that single astrocytes can decode neuronal activity and, in response, release distinct gliotransmitters to differentially regulate neurotransmission at putative single synapses. ..
- Jacobson L, Kelly P, Bettler B, Kaupmann K, Cryan J. GABA(B(1)) receptor isoforms differentially mediate the acquisition and extinction of aversive taste memories. J Neurosci. 2006;26:8800-3 pubmed..The Gabbr1 gene is transcribed into two predominant isoforms, GABA(B(1a)) and GABA(B(1b)), which differ in sequence primarily ..
- Tiao J, Bradaia A, Biermann B, Kaupmann K, Metz M, Haller C, et al. The sushi domains of secreted GABA(B1) isoforms selectively impair GABA(B) heteroreceptor function. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:31005-11 pubmed publisher..Of importance for drug discovery, our data also demonstrate that it is possible to selectively impair GABA(B) heteroreceptors by targeting their SDs. ..
- Carai M, Agabio R, Lobina C, Reali R, Vacca G, Colombo G, et al. GABA(B)-receptor mediation of the inhibitory effect of gamma-hydroxybutyric acid on intestinal motility in mice. Life Sci. 2002;70:3059-67 pubmed..p.), resulted in the blockade of the inhibiting effect of both GHB and NCS-382. These results suggest that the constipating effect of GHB and NCS-382 are secondary to stimulation of the GABA(B) receptor. ..
- Ritter B, Zschüntsch J, Kvachnina E, Zhang W, Ponimaskin E. The GABA(B) receptor subunits R1 and R2 interact differentially with the activation transcription factor ATF4 in mouse brain during the postnatal development. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 2004;149:73-7 pubmed
- Fu Y, Huang Z. Differential dynamics and activity-dependent regulation of alpha- and beta-neurexins at developing GABAergic synapses. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:22699-704 pubmed publisher..NRXs, thus, are intrinsically dynamic but are stabilized by local transmitter release. Such an activity-adjusted adhesion system seems ideally suited to rapidly explore and validate synaptic partners guided by synaptic transmission. ..
- Vacher C, Gassmann M, Desrayaud S, Challet E, Bradaia A, Hoyer D, et al. Hyperdopaminergia and altered locomotor activity in GABAB1-deficient mice. J Neurochem. 2006;97:979-91 pubmedb>GABAB1-/- mice, which are devoid of functional GABAB receptors, consistently exhibit marked hyperlocomotion when exposed to a novel environment...
- Sanger G, Munonyara M, Dass N, Prosser H, Pangalos M, Parsons M. GABA(B) receptor function in the ileum and urinary bladder of wildtype and GABA(B1) subunit null mice. Auton Autacoid Pharmacol. 2002;22:147-54 pubmed
- Dani A, Huang B, BERGAN J, Dulac C, Zhuang X. Superresolution imaging of chemical synapses in the brain. Neuron. 2010;68:843-56 pubmed publisher..Combination with optogenetics further allowed molecular events associated with synaptic plasticity to be resolved at the single-synapse level. ..
- Ulrich D, Besseyrias V, Bettler B. Functional mapping of GABA(B)-receptor subtypes in the thalamus. J Neurophysiol. 2007;98:3791-5 pubmed..Furthermore, our data indicate that the cognitive deficits observed with mice lacking GABA(B(1a,2)) receptors could to some extent relate to attention deficits caused by disinhibited release of glutamate onto TCR neurons. ..
- O Leary O, Felice D, Galimberti S, Savignac H, Bravo J, Crowley T, et al. GABAB(1) receptor subunit isoforms differentially regulate stress resilience. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:15232-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the data suggest that GABAB(1) receptor subunit isoforms differentially regulate the deleterious effects of stress and, thus, may be important therapeutic targets for the treatment of depression. ..
- Naseer M, Shupeng L, Kim M. Maternal epileptic seizure induced by pentylenetetrazol: apoptotic neurodegeneration and decreased GABAB1 receptor expression in prenatal rat brain. Mol Brain. 2009;2:20 pubmed publisher..was designed to investigate the effect of maternal epileptic seizure on apoptotic neuronal death, modulation of GABAB1 receptor (R), and protein kinase A-alpha (PKA) in prenatal rat hippocampal neurons at gestational days (GD) 17.5...
- Mo Z, Li S, Yang X, Xiang M. Role of the Barhl2 homeobox gene in the specification of glycinergic amacrine cells. Development. 2004;131:1607-18 pubmed..Taken together, our data suggest that Barhl2 may function to specify the identity of glycinergic amacrine cells from competent progenitors during retinogenesis. ..
- Guetg N, Abdel Aziz S, Holbro N, Turecek R, Rose T, Seddik R, et al. NMDA receptor-dependent GABAB receptor internalization via CaMKII phosphorylation of serine 867 in GABAB1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:13924-9 pubmed publisher..with GABAB receptors in vivo and phosphorylates serine 867 (S867) in the intracellular C terminus of the GABAB1 subunit...
- Eom T, Zhang C, Wang H, Lay K, Fak J, Noebels J, et al. NOVA-dependent regulation of cryptic NMD exons controls synaptic protein levels after seizure. elife. 2013;2:e00178 pubmed publisher..The data reveal a hidden means of dynamic RNA regulation linking electrical activity to splicing and protein output, and of mediating homeostatic excitation/inhibition balance in neurons.DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.7554/eLife.00178.001. ..
- Stratton M, Staros M, Büdefeld T, Searcy B, Nash C, Eitel C, et al. Embryonic GABA(B) receptor blockade alters cell migration, adult hypothalamic structure, and anxiety- and depression-like behaviors sex specifically in mice. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e106015 pubmed publisher..These changes correspond to sex specific prevalence in similar human disorders, namely anxiety disorders and hyperactivity. ..
- Kim W, Seo H. Baclofen, a GABAB receptor agonist, enhances ubiquitin-proteasome system functioning and neuronal survival in Huntington's disease model mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014;443:706-11 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that stimulation of GABAergic neurons with the GABAB receptor agonist, baclofen, enhances ubiquitin-proteasome system (UPS) function and cell survival in in vitro and in vivo models of HD. ..
- Stewart L, Wu Y, Eubanks J, Han H, Leschenko Y, Perez Velazquez J, et al. Severity of atypical absence phenotype in GABAB transgenic mice is subunit specific. Epilepsy Behav. 2009;14:577-81 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that abnormal GABA(B)R1b function plays a lesser role in the development of atypical absence epilepsy. ..
- Kupferschmidt D, Lovinger D. Inhibition of presynaptic calcium transients in cortical inputs to the dorsolateral striatum by metabotropic GABA(B) and mGlu2/3 receptors. J Physiol. 2015;593:2295-310 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal presynaptic mechanisms of inhibitory modulation of corticostriatal function that probably contribute to the selection and shaping of behavioural repertoires. ..
- Giachino C, Barz M, Tchorz J, Tomé M, Gassmann M, Bischofberger J, et al. GABA suppresses neurogenesis in the adult hippocampus through GABAB receptors. Development. 2014;141:83-90 pubmed publisher..Pharmacological inhibition of GABAB receptors stimulated NSC proliferation and genetic deletion of GABAB1 receptor subunits increased NSC proliferation and differentiation of neuroblasts in vivo...
- Kaur H, Carvalho J, Looso M, Singh P, Chennupati R, Preussner J, et al. Single-cell profiling reveals heterogeneity and functional patterning of GPCR expression in the vascular system. Nat Commun. 2017;8:15700 pubmed publisher..Taken together, single-cell profiling identifies receptors expressed on pathologically relevant subpopulations and provides a basis for the development of new therapeutic strategies in vascular diseases. ..
- Vertkin I, Styr B, Slomowitz E, Ofir N, Shapira I, Berner D, et al. GABAB receptor deficiency causes failure of neuronal homeostasis in hippocampal networks. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:E3291-9 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a novel role for GABA(B)R as a key regulator of population firing stability and propose that disruption of homeostatic synaptic plasticity may underlie seizure's persistence in the absence of functional GABA(B)Rs. ..
- Kulik A, Vida I, Fukazawa Y, Guetg N, Kasugai Y, Marker C, et al. Compartment-dependent colocalization of Kir3.2-containing K+ channels and GABAB receptors in hippocampal pyramidal cells. J Neurosci. 2006;26:4289-97 pubmed..Thus, Kir3 channels, localized to different subcellular compartments of hippocampal principal cells, appear to be differentially involved in synaptic integration in pyramidal cell dendrites. ..
- McClure Begley T, Grady S, Marks M, Collins A, Stitzel J. Presynaptic GABAB autoreceptor regulation of nicotinic acetylcholine receptor mediated [(3)H]-GABA release from mouse synaptosomes. Biochem Pharmacol. 2014;91:87-96 pubmed publisher..In addition, the functional modulation of ?4?2*-type nAChRs on striatal GABAergic nerve terminals by GABAB autoreceptor activation is time-sensitive and appears to involve opposing actions of calcineurin and PKC. ..
- Ribeiro A, Correia D, Torres A, Boas G, Rueda A, Camarini R, et al. A transcriptional study in mice with different ethanol-drinking profiles: possible involvement of the GABA(B) receptor. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2012;102:224-32 pubmed publisher..The quantification using real-time polymerase chain reaction of Gabbr1 and Gabbr2 mRNA from the prefrontal cortex, hypothalamus, hippocampus, and striatum in mice exposed to an animal ..
- Kurokawa K, Mizuno K, Ohkuma S. Increase of ryanodine receptors by dopamine D1 receptors is negatively regulated by ?-aminobutyric acid type B receptors in primary cultures of mouse cerebral cortical neurons. J Neurosci Res. 2012;90:1626-38 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that RyR-1 and -2 expression facilitated by D1DR stimulation are negatively regulated by GABA(B) receptor via suppression of cAMP production. ..