Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fzd9
Description: frizzled class receptor 9
Alias: Fz9, mfz9, frizzled-9, frizzled homolog 9, fz-9, mFz3
- Verani R, Cappuccio I, Spinsanti P, Gradini R, Caruso A, Magnotti M, et al. Expression of the Wnt inhibitor Dickkopf-1 is required for the induction of neural markers in mouse embryonic stem cells differentiating in response to retinoic acid. J Neurochem. 2007;100:242-50 pubmed..These data suggest that induction of Dkk-1 and the ensuing inhibition of the canonical Wnt pathway is required for neural differentiation of ES cells. ..
- Paina S, Garzotto D, Demarchis S, Marino M, Moiana A, Conti L, et al. Wnt5a is a transcriptional target of Dlx homeogenes and promotes differentiation of interneuron progenitors in vitro and in vivo. J Neurosci. 2011;31:2675-87 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that the Dlx-mutant environment is unfavorable for GABA differentiation, in vivo and in vitro. We conclude that Dlx genes favor interneuron differentiation also in a non-cell-autonomous fashion, via expression of Wnt5a. ..
- Fischer T, Guimera J, Wurst W, Prakash N. Distinct but redundant expression of the Frizzled Wnt receptor genes at signaling centers of the developing mouse brain. Neuroscience. 2007;147:693-711 pubmed..This redundancy has to be taken into consideration for future analyses of Frizzled receptor function at these signaling centers in the mouse. ..
- Van Raay T, Wang Y, Stark M, Rasmussen J, Francke U, Vetter M, et al. frizzled 9 is expressed in neural precursor cells in the developing neural tube. Dev Genes Evol. 2001;211:453-7 pubmed..To better understand this process we have cloned and analyzed the expression of the wnt receptor, frizzled 9, in the developing nervous system in mouse, chick and zebrafish...
- Suto J, Sekikawa K. Further mapping and characterization of Naq1, a quantitative trait locus responsible for maternal inferior nurturing ability in RR mice. J Vet Med Sci. 2004;66:1033-8 pubmed..Naq1 is a novel QTL as far as the QTL results of relevant female reproductive traits in cattle and pigs are concerned. ..
- Muzio L, Mallamaci A. Foxg1 confines Cajal-Retzius neuronogenesis and hippocampal morphogenesis to the dorsomedial pallium. J Neurosci. 2005;25:4435-41 pubmed..Remarkably, in the absence of Foxg1, additional inactivation of the medial fates promoter Emx2, although not suppressing cortical specification, conversely rescues overproduction of Reelin(on) neurons. ..
- Rawal N, Castelo Branco G, Sousa K, Kele J, Kobayashi K, Okano H, et al. Dynamic temporal and cell type-specific expression of Wnt signaling components in the developing midbrain. Exp Cell Res. 2006;312:1626-36 pubmed..5 and E13.5. Fz6 and -7 are the predominant transcripts in glial precursors, and Fz9, which is absent in DA neurons at E11.5, is the main receptor expressed in neuronal precursors...
- Spörle R. Epaxial-adaxial-hypaxial regionalisation of the vertebrate somite: evidence for a somitic organiser and a mirror-image duplication. Dev Genes Evol. 2001;211:198-217 pubmed
- Borello U, Buffa V, Sonnino C, Melchionna R, Vivarelli E, Cossu G. Differential expression of the Wnt putative receptors Frizzled during mouse somitogenesis. Mech Dev. 1999;89:173-7 pubmed..Frizzled 1, 3, 6, 7, 8, and 9 have specific expression in the forming and differentiating somites. The genes analyzed have a complex and partly overlapping pattern of expression in other regions of the embryo. ..
- Heilmann A, Schinke T, Bindl R, Wehner T, Rapp A, Haffner Luntzer M, et al. The Wnt serpentine receptor Frizzled-9 regulates new bone formation in fracture healing. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e84232 pubmed publisher..Recently, it was demonstrated that the serpentine receptor Fzd9, a Wnt receptor of the Frizzled family, is essential for osteoblast function and positively regulates bone ..
- Agalliu D, Takada S, Agalliu I, McMahon A, Jessell T. Motor neurons with axial muscle projections specified by Wnt4/5 signaling. Neuron. 2009;61:708-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, two dorsoventral signaling pathways, mediated by Shh and Wnt4/5, are required to establish an early binary divergence in motor neuron columnar identity. ..
- Avilés E, Pinto C, Hanna P, Ojeda J, Perez V, De Ferrari G, et al. Frizzled-9 impairs acetylcholine receptor clustering in skeletal muscle cells. Front Cell Neurosci. 2014;8:110 pubmed publisher..We report here that the Wnt receptor Frizzled-9 (Fzd9) is expressed in developing skeletal muscles during NMJ synaptogenesis...
- Ramirez V, Ramos Fernández E, Henriquez J, Lorenzo A, Inestrosa N. Wnt-5a/Frizzled9 Receptor Signaling through the G?o-G?? Complex Regulates Dendritic Spine Formation. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:19092-107 pubmed publisher..We report that FZD9 (Frizzled9), a Wnt receptor related to Williams syndrome, is localized in the postsynaptic region, where it ..
- Zhao C, Pleasure S. Frizzled9 protein is regionally expressed in the developing medial cortical wall and the cells derived from this region. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 2005;157:93-7 pubmed..Thus, Frizzled9 expression marks are a regional marker of medially derived cortical derivatives throughout rodent life and will be a useful marker in the study of regulation of cortical arealization. ..
- Kim A, Lowenstein D, Pleasure S. Wnt receptors and Wnt inhibitors are expressed in gradients in the developing telencephalon. Mech Dev. 2001;103:167-72 pubmed..In addition, SFRP-1 and SFRP-3 are expressed in opposing anterolateral to caudomedial gradients within the telencephalic ventricular zone throughout corticogenesis. ..
- Xu L, Tan L, Goldring M, Olsen B, Li Y. Expression of frizzled genes in mouse costochondral chondrocytes. Matrix Biol. 2001;20:147-51 pubmed..elegans, Drosophila, chicken and human. We used the T31 Mouse/Hamster radiation hybrid panel to map the mouse frizzled-1 to mouse chromosome 5 (5 cM from the centromere), and frizzled-9 to mouse chromosome 5 (74 cM from the centromere). ..
- Perez Jurado L, Wang Y, Francke U, Cruces J. TBL2, a novel transducin family member in the WBS deletion: characterization of the complete sequence, genomic structure, transcriptional variants and the mouse ortholog. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1999;86:277-84 pubmed..23. Since haploinsufficiency has been shown for other WD-repeat containing proteins, hemizygosity of TBL2 may contribute to some of the aspects of the complex WBS phenotype. ..