Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fzd7
Description: frizzled class receptor 7
Alias: Fz7, frizzled-7, frizzled homolog 7, fz-7, mFz7
- Kemp C, Willems E, Wawrzak D, Hendrickx M, Agbor Agbor T, Leyns L. Expression of Frizzled5, Frizzled7, and Frizzled10 during early mouse development and interactions with canonical Wnt signaling. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:2011-9 pubmed..in the gastrulating embryo, we used whole-mount in situ hybridization to reveal new expression domains for Fzd5, Fzd7, and Fzd10...
- Merle P, Kim M, Herrmann M, Gupte A, Lefrancois L, Califano S, et al. Oncogenic role of the frizzled-7/beta-catenin pathway in hepatocellular carcinoma. J Hepatol. 2005;43:854-62 pubmed..We investigated the effect of a dominant negative (DN) FZD7 on TCF transcriptional activity in a SV40 derived HCC cell line...
- Flanagan D, Barker N, Nowell C, Clevers H, Ernst M, Phesse T, et al. Loss of the Wnt receptor frizzled 7 in the mouse gastric epithelium is deleterious and triggers rapid repopulation in vivo. Dis Model Mech. 2017;10:971-980 pubmed publisher..of the gastric epithelium, but this has not been investigated in vivo Here, we show that the Wnt receptor frizzled 7 (Fzd7), which is required for the homeostasis of the intestine, is expressed in the gastric epithelium and is ..
- Verani R, Cappuccio I, Spinsanti P, Gradini R, Caruso A, Magnotti M, et al. Expression of the Wnt inhibitor Dickkopf-1 is required for the induction of neural markers in mouse embryonic stem cells differentiating in response to retinoic acid. J Neurochem. 2007;100:242-50 pubmed..These data suggest that induction of Dkk-1 and the ensuing inhibition of the canonical Wnt pathway is required for neural differentiation of ES cells. ..
- Zhang K, Xiang M, Zhou L, Liu J, Curry N, Heine SuÃ±er D, et al. Gene network and familial analyses uncover a gene network involving Tbx5/Osr1/Pcsk6 interaction in the second heart field for atrial septation. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:1140-51 pubmed publisher..In summary, our study implicated a gene network involving Tbx5, Osr1 and Pcsk6 interaction in SHF for atrial septation, providing a molecular framework for understanding the role of Tbx5 in CHD ontogeny. ..
- Dufourcq P, Leroux L, Ezan J, Descamps B, Lamazière J, Costet P, et al. Regulation of endothelial cell cytoskeletal reorganization by a secreted frizzled-related protein-1 and frizzled 4- and frizzled 7-dependent pathway: role in neovessel formation. Am J Pathol. 2008;172:37-49 pubmed..This study illustrates a regulated pathway by sFRP-1 involving GSK-3beta and Rac-1 in endothelial cell cytoskeletal reorganization and in neovessel formation. ..
- Flanagan D, Phesse T, Barker N, Schwab R, Amin N, Malaterre J, et al. Frizzled7 functions as a Wnt receptor in intestinal epithelial Lgr5(+) stem cells. Stem Cell Reports. 2015;4:759-67 pubmed publisher..Here we show Fzd7 is enriched in Lgr5(+) stem cells and binds Wnt3 and Wnt2b...
- Yao R, Natsume Y, Noda T. MAGI-3 is involved in the regulation of the JNK signaling pathway as a scaffold protein for frizzled and Ltap. Oncogene. 2004;23:6023-30 pubmed..These results indicate that MAGI-3 functions as a scaffold protein for frizzled-4 and Ltap and regulates the JNK signaling cascade. ..
- Takahashi Y, Chen Q, Rajala R, Ma J. MicroRNA-184 modulates canonical Wnt signaling through the regulation of frizzled-7 expression in the retina with ischemia-induced neovascularization. FEBS Lett. 2015;589:1143-1149 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that decreased levels of miR-184 are responsible, at least in part, for the aberrant activation of Wnt signaling in ischemia-induced retinal neovascularization. ..
- Noguchi T, Ishimine H, Nakajima Y, Watanabe Susaki K, Shigeta N, Yamakawa N, et al. Novel cell surface genes expressed in the stomach primordium during gastrointestinal morphogenesis of mouse embryos. Gene Expr Patterns. 2012;12:154-63 pubmed publisher..These novel genes will be useful in expanding our understanding of the mechanisms of gastrointestinal development. ..
- Ferreira Tojais N, Peghaire C, Franzl N, Larrieu Lahargue F, Jaspard B, Reynaud A, et al. Frizzled7 controls vascular permeability through the Wnt-canonical pathway and cross-talk with endothelial cell junction complexes. Cardiovasc Res. 2014;103:291-303 pubmed publisher..The objectives of this study are to analyse the role of Frizzled7 (Fzd7) receptor in the control of vascular integrity...
- Avilés E, Pinto C, Hanna P, Ojeda J, Perez V, De Ferrari G, et al. Frizzled-9 impairs acetylcholine receptor clustering in skeletal muscle cells. Front Cell Neurosci. 2014;8:110 pubmed publisher..Our findings represent the first evidence pointing to a crucial role of a Fzd-mediated, ?-catenin-dependent signaling on the assembly of the vertebrate NMJ. ..
- Ungar A, Calvey C. Zebrafish frizzled7b is expressed in prechordal mesoderm, brain and paraxial mesoderm. Mech Dev. 2002;118:165-9 pubmed..The paraxial mesoderm expression becomes restricted to the tailbud. This pattern continues through 26 h. At 48 h, weak expression is seen in the pharyngeal arches and developing fin. ..
- Borello U, Buffa V, Sonnino C, Melchionna R, Vivarelli E, Cossu G. Differential expression of the Wnt putative receptors Frizzled during mouse somitogenesis. Mech Dev. 1999;89:173-7 pubmed..Frizzled 1, 3, 6, 7, 8, and 9 have specific expression in the forming and differentiating somites. The genes analyzed have a complex and partly overlapping pattern of expression in other regions of the embryo. ..
- Snowball J, Ambalavanan M, Cornett B, Lang R, Whitsett J, Sinner D. Mesenchymal Wnt signaling promotes formation of sternum and thoracic body wall. Dev Biol. 2015;401:264-75 pubmed publisher..Thus, impaired Wls activity in the ventral body wall mesenchyme is a mechanism underlying ectopia cordis and unfused sternum. ..
- Kress E, Rezza A, Nadjar J, Samarut J, Plateroti M. The frizzled-related sFRP2 gene is a target of thyroid hormone receptor alpha1 and activates beta-catenin signaling in mouse intestine. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:1234-41 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we describe in this study a novel mechanism of action of sFRP2, responsible for the activation of beta-catenin signaling. ..
- Xiao W, Liu W, Li Z, Liang D, Li L, White L, et al. Gene expression profiling in embryonic mouse lenses. Mol Vis. 2006;12:1692-8 pubmed..Analysis of global gene expression profiles in embryonic mouse lenses has allowed us to identify several molecular pathways that are differentially regulated during early lens development. ..
- Dawe C, Kooistra M, Fairbridge N, Pisio A, McDermid H. Role of chromatin remodeling gene Cecr2 in neurulation and inner ear development. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:372-83 pubmed publisher..The mechanism of Cecr2 action in neurogenesis and inner ear development is likely complex. ..
- Hering H, Sheng M. Direct interaction of Frizzled-1, -2, -4, and -7 with PDZ domains of PSD-95. FEBS Lett. 2002;521:185-9 pubmed
- Yamada T, Akamatsu H, Hasegawa S, Inoue Y, Date Y, Mizutani H, et al. Melanocyte stem cells express receptors for canonical Wnt-signaling pathway on their surface. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;396:837-42 pubmed publisher..Real-time RT-PCR performed on these areas revealed that Frizzled (Fzd)-4, Fzd7, low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein 5 (Lrp5), and Lrp6, receptors for Wnt molecules, were expressed ..
- Austin T, Solar G, Ziegler F, Liem L, Matthews W. A role for the Wnt gene family in hematopoiesis: expansion of multilineage progenitor cells. Blood. 1997;89:3624-35 pubmed..We conclude that WNTs stimulate the survival/proliferation of hematopoietic progenitors, demonstrating that WNTs comprise a novel class of hematopoietic cell regulators. ..
- Deutscher E, Hung Chang Yao H. Essential roles of mesenchyme-derived beta-catenin in mouse Müllerian duct morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2007;307:227-36 pubmed..In summary, our findings suggest that mesenchymal beta-catenin is a downstream effector of Wnt7a that mediates the patterning of the oviduct and proper differentiation of the uterus. ..
- Song M, Shirasaki R, Cai C, Ruiz E, Evans S, Lee S, et al. T-Box transcription factor Tbx20 regulates a genetic program for cranial motor neuron cell body migration. Development. 2006;133:4945-55 pubmed..associated with the coordinate downregulation of multiple components of the planar cell polarity pathway including Fzd7, Wnt11, Prickle1, Vang1 and Vang2...
- Liu H, Mohamed O, Dufort D, Wallace V. Characterization of Wnt signaling components and activation of the Wnt canonical pathway in the murine retina. Dev Dyn. 2003;227:323-34 pubmed
- Reddy S, Andl T, Lu M, Morrisey E, Millar S. Expression of Frizzled genes in developing and postnatal hair follicles. J Invest Dermatol. 2004;123:275-82 pubmed
- Peghaire C, Bats M, Sewduth R, Jeanningros S, Jaspard B, Couffinhal T, et al. Fzd7 (Frizzled-7) Expressed by Endothelial Cells Controls Blood Vessel Formation Through Wnt/?-Catenin Canonical Signaling. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2016;36:2369-2380 pubmed..Wnt/frizzled signaling is required for proper vascular formation. In this study, we investigated the role of the Fzd7 (frizzled-7) receptor in retinal vascular development and its relationship with the Wnt/?-catenin canonical pathway ..
- Zhang T, Hoffman B, Ruiz de Algara T, Helgason C. SAGE reveals expression of Wnt signalling pathway members during mouse prostate development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2006;6:310-24 pubmed..These studies provide the first evidence that Wnt pathway members are expressed in the developing prostate. Functional analyses are now required to establish the biological significance of this observation. ..
- Guan S, Zhou J. Frizzled-7 mediates TGF-?-induced pulmonary fibrosis by transmitting non-canonical Wnt signaling. Exp Cell Res. 2017;359:226-234 pubmed publisher..We found that TGF-?1 treatment induces a marked upregulation of Frizzled-7 (FZD7) in human lung fibroblasts. FZD7 expression is also increased in animal models of TGF-?1-induced pulmonary fibrosis...
- Agalliu D, Takada S, Agalliu I, McMahon A, Jessell T. Motor neurons with axial muscle projections specified by Wnt4/5 signaling. Neuron. 2009;61:708-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, two dorsoventral signaling pathways, mediated by Shh and Wnt4/5, are required to establish an early binary divergence in motor neuron columnar identity. ..
- Nishita M, Itsukushima S, Nomachi A, Endo M, Wang Z, Inaba D, et al. Ror2/Frizzled complex mediates Wnt5a-induced AP-1 activation by regulating Dishevelled polymerization. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:3610-9 pubmed publisher..Ror2 can associate with Frizzled7 (Fz7) via its extracellular cysteine-rich domain to form a receptor complex that is required for the regulation of Dvl ..
- Stefater J, Lewkowich I, Rao S, Mariggi G, Carpenter A, Burr A, et al. Regulation of angiogenesis by a non-canonical Wnt-Flt1 pathway in myeloid cells. Nature. 2011;474:511-5 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that resident myeloid cells can use a non-canonical, Wnt-Flt1 pathway to suppress angiogenic branching. ..
- Wang Z, Shu W, Lu M, Morrisey E. Wnt7b activates canonical signaling in epithelial and vascular smooth muscle cells through interactions with Fzd1, Fzd10, and LRP5. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:5022-30 pubmed..Together, these data demonstrate that Wnt7b signals through Fzd1 and -10 and LRP5 and implicate these Wnt coreceptors in the regulation of lung airway and vascular development. ..
- Staal F, Meeldijk J, Moerer P, Jay P, van de Weerdt B, Vainio S, et al. Wnt signaling is required for thymocyte development and activates Tcf-1 mediated transcription. Eur J Immunol. 2001;31:285-93 pubmed..Retroviral expression of soluble Wnt receptor mutants that block Wnt signaling inhibits thymocyte development. These results imply an important role for the Wnt cascade in thymocyte development. ..