Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fzd2
Description: frizzled class receptor 2
Alias: AL033370, AW456835, Fz10, Fzd10, Mfz10, Mfz10a, frizzled-2, frizzled homolog 2, frizzled-10, fz-10, fz-2, mFz2
- Yang J, Cusimano A, Monga J, Preziosi M, Pullara F, Calero G, et al. WNT5A inhibits hepatocyte proliferation and concludes Î²-catenin signaling in liver regeneration. Am J Pathol. 2015;185:2194-205 pubmed publisher..We also provide evidence that the Wnt5a/Frizzled-2 axis suppresses Î²-catenin signaling in hepatocytes in an autocrine manner, thereby contributing to timely conclusion of the LR process. ..
- Oishi I, Suzuki H, Onishi N, Takada R, Kani S, Ohkawara B, et al. The receptor tyrosine kinase Ror2 is involved in non-canonical Wnt5a/JNK signalling pathway. Genes Cells. 2003;8:645-54 pubmed..Our findings indicate that Wnt5a and Ror2 interact physically and functionally. Ror2 may thus act as a receptor for Wnt5a to activate non-canonical Wnt signalling. ..
- Zhang Y, Goss A, Cohen E, Kadzik R, Lepore J, Muthukumaraswamy K, et al. A Gata6-Wnt pathway required for epithelial stem cell development and airway regeneration. Nat Genet. 2008;40:862-70 pubmed publisher..Expression of the noncanonical Wnt receptor Fzd2 was downregulated in Gata6 mutants and increased Fzd2 or decreased beta-catenin expression rescued, in part, the ..
- Douglas K, Brinkmeier M, Kennell J, Eswara P, Harrison T, Patrianakos A, et al. Identification of members of the Wnt signaling pathway in the embryonic pituitary gland. Mamm Genome. 2001;12:843-51 pubmed..This is the first report of Tcf7l2 and Fzd2 expression in the developing pituitary...
- De Langhe S, Sala F, del Moral P, Fairbanks T, Yamada K, Warburton D, et al. Dickkopf-1 (DKK1) reveals that fibronectin is a major target of Wnt signaling in branching morphogenesis of the mouse embryonic lung. Dev Biol. 2005;277:316-31 pubmed..DKK1-induced morphogenetic defects can be mimicked by inhibition of FN and overcome by addition of exogenous FN, suggesting an involvement of FN in Wnt-regulated morphogenetic processes. ..
- Reddy S, Andl T, Lu M, Morrisey E, Millar S. Expression of Frizzled genes in developing and postnatal hair follicles. J Invest Dermatol. 2004;123:275-82 pubmed
- Ma L, Wang H. Suppression of cyclic GMP-dependent protein kinase is essential to the Wnt/cGMP/Ca2+ pathway. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:30990-1001 pubmed..Protein kinase G is shown to be a critical downstream effector of the noncanonical Wnt-Frizzled-2/cGMP/Ca2+ pathway. ..
- Fischer T, Guimera J, Wurst W, Prakash N. Distinct but redundant expression of the Frizzled Wnt receptor genes at signaling centers of the developing mouse brain. Neuroscience. 2007;147:693-711 pubmed..This redundancy has to be taken into consideration for future analyses of Frizzled receptor function at these signaling centers in the mouse. ..
- Agalliu D, Takada S, Agalliu I, McMahon A, Jessell T. Motor neurons with axial muscle projections specified by Wnt4/5 signaling. Neuron. 2009;61:708-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, two dorsoventral signaling pathways, mediated by Shh and Wnt4/5, are required to establish an early binary divergence in motor neuron columnar identity. ..
- Alfieri C, Cheek J, Chakraborty S, Yutzey K. Wnt signaling in heart valve development and osteogenic gene induction. Dev Biol. 2010;338:127-35 pubmed publisher..Together, these studies provide evidence for Wnt signaling as a regulator of endocardial cushion maturation as well as valve leaflet stratification, homeostasis, and pathogenesis. ..
- Li X, Guan Y, Chen Y, Zhang C, Shi C, Zhou F, et al. Expression of Wnt5a and its receptor Fzd2 is changed in the spinal cord of adult amyotrophic lateral sclerosis transgenic mice. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2013;6:1245-60 pubmed..The Fzd2 gene codes for a cell membrane receptor called Frizzled-2 have a structure similar to G protein coupled receptors...
- Kadzik R, Cohen E, Morley M, Stewart K, Lu M, Morrisey E. Wnt ligand/Frizzled 2 receptor signaling regulates tube shape and branch-point formation in the lung through control of epithelial cell shape. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:12444-9 pubmed publisher..We show that the Wnt receptor Frizzled 2 (Fzd2) is required for domain branch formation during the initial establishment of the respiratory tree...
- Knosp W, Knox S, Lombaert I, Haddox C, Patel V, Hoffman M. Submandibular parasympathetic gangliogenesis requires sprouty-dependent Wnt signals from epithelial progenitors. Dev Cell. 2015;32:667-77 pubmed publisher..Thus, K5+ progenitors produce Wnt signals to establish the PSG-epithelial communication required for organ innervation and progenitor cell maintenance. ..
- Malik T, Shivdasani R. Structure and expression of a novel frizzled gene isolated from the developing mouse gut. Biochem J. 2000;349 Pt 3:829-34 pubmed..We therefore wished to identify frizzled genes with limited tissue distribution of expression and isolated Mfz10, a novel member of the mouse family of frizzled genes, from the developing fetal gut...
- Kemp C, Willems E, Wawrzak D, Hendrickx M, Agbor Agbor T, Leyns L. Expression of Frizzled5, Frizzled7, and Frizzled10 during early mouse development and interactions with canonical Wnt signaling. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:2011-9 pubmed..embryo, we used whole-mount in situ hybridization to reveal new expression domains for Fzd5, Fzd7, and Fzd10. Fzd5 is expressed in the aVE and Fzd7 expression is restricted to the epiblast of the gastrulating embryo...
- Kim D, Park C, Yoon J, Song W. Differential expression of the Wnt and Frizzled genes in Flk1+ cells derived from mouse ES cells. Cell Biochem Funct. 2008;26:24-32 pubmed..The differential expression of Wnt and Frizzled genes in Flk1+ cells provides a novel insight into the role of non-canonical Wnt signalling in vascular endothelial fate determination. ..
- van Gijn M, Blankesteijn W, Smits J, Hierck B, Gittenberger de Groot A. Frizzled 2 is transiently expressed in neural crest-containing areas during development of the heart and great arteries in the mouse. Anat Embryol (Berl). 2001;203:185-92 pubmedb>Frizzled 2 acts as a 7-transmembrane receptor in the Wnt-Dishevelled signal transduction cascade. Among others, this cascade has been associated with neural crest cell proliferation and early migration during development in mammals...
- Toyofuku T, Hong Z, Kuzuya T, Tada M, Hori M. Wnt/frizzled-2 signaling induces aggregation and adhesion among cardiac myocytes by increased cadherin-beta-catenin complex. J Cell Biol. 2000;150:225-41 pubmed..These findings suggest that a Wnt-frizzled-2 signaling pathway is centrally involved in the morphological arrangement of cardiac myocytes in neonatal heart through stabilization of complexed cadherin- beta-catenin. ..
- Dawe C, Kooistra M, Fairbridge N, Pisio A, McDermid H. Role of chromatin remodeling gene Cecr2 in neurulation and inner ear development. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:372-83 pubmed publisher..The mechanism of Cecr2 action in neurogenesis and inner ear development is likely complex. ..
- Kalyani R, Lee J, Min H, Yoon H, Kim M. Genes Frequently Coexpressed with Hoxc8 Provide Insight into the Discovery of Target Genes. Mol Cells. 2016;39:395-402 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we suggest that the coexpressed genes provide a resource for constructing Hoxc8-mediated regulatory networks. ..