Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fzd10
Description: frizzled class receptor 10
Alias: Fz-10, frizzled-10, frizzled homolog 10
- Fischer T, Guimera J, Wurst W, Prakash N. Distinct but redundant expression of the Frizzled Wnt receptor genes at signaling centers of the developing mouse brain. Neuroscience. 2007;147:693-711 pubmed..This redundancy has to be taken into consideration for future analyses of Frizzled receptor function at these signaling centers in the mouse. ..
- Yan Y, Li Y, Hu C, Gu X, Liu J, Hu Y, et al. Expression of Frizzled10 in mouse central nervous system. Gene Expr Patterns. 2009;9:173-7 pubmed publisher..Our data show that expression of Frizzled10 is very strong during embryonic development of the CNS and suggest that Frizzled10 may play an essential role in spatial and temporal regulation during neural development. ..
- Noguchi T, Ishimine H, Nakajima Y, Watanabe Susaki K, Shigeta N, Yamakawa N, et al. Novel cell surface genes expressed in the stomach primordium during gastrointestinal morphogenesis of mouse embryos. Gene Expr Patterns. 2012;12:154-63 pubmed publisher..These novel genes will be useful in expanding our understanding of the mechanisms of gastrointestinal development. ..
- Avilés E, Pinto C, Hanna P, Ojeda J, Perez V, De Ferrari G, et al. Frizzled-9 impairs acetylcholine receptor clustering in skeletal muscle cells. Front Cell Neurosci. 2014;8:110 pubmed publisher..Our findings represent the first evidence pointing to a crucial role of a Fzd-mediated, ?-catenin-dependent signaling on the assembly of the vertebrate NMJ. ..
- Gu X, Liu B, Wu X, Yan Y, Zhang Y, Wei Y, et al. Inducible genetic lineage tracing of cortical hem derived Cajal-Retzius cells reveals novel properties. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28653 pubmed publisher..By tracing CR cells derived from the cortical hem using the inducible Cre transgenic mouse tool, Frizzled 10-CreER™, we examined the specific properties of hem-derived CR cells during cortical development...
- Sherwood R, Maehr R, Mazzoni E, Melton D. Wnt signaling specifies and patterns intestinal endoderm. Mech Dev. 2011;128:387-400 pubmed publisher..These findings shed light on the mechanism of embryonic intestinal induction and provide a method to manipulate intestinal development from embryonic stem cells. ..
- Dawe C, Kooistra M, Fairbridge N, Pisio A, McDermid H. Role of chromatin remodeling gene Cecr2 in neurulation and inner ear development. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:372-83 pubmed publisher..The mechanism of Cecr2 action in neurogenesis and inner ear development is likely complex. ..
- Reddy S, Andl T, Lu M, Morrisey E, Millar S. Expression of Frizzled genes in developing and postnatal hair follicles. J Invest Dermatol. 2004;123:275-82 pubmed
- Stefater J, Lewkowich I, Rao S, Mariggi G, Carpenter A, Burr A, et al. Regulation of angiogenesis by a non-canonical Wnt-Flt1 pathway in myeloid cells. Nature. 2011;474:511-5 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that resident myeloid cells can use a non-canonical, Wnt-Flt1 pathway to suppress angiogenic branching. ..
- Garcia Morales C, Liu C, Abu Elmagd M, Hajihosseini M, Wheeler G. Frizzled-10 promotes sensory neuron development in Xenopus embryos. Dev Biol. 2009;335:143-55 pubmed publisher..Thus we propose Fz10 mediates Wnt1 signalling to determine sensory neural differentiation in Xenopus in vivo and in mouse cell culture. ..
- Nunnally A, Parr B. Analysis of Fz10 expression in mouse embryos. Dev Genes Evol. 2004;214:144-8 pubmed..Interestingly, Fz10 is expressed in the same regions as Wnt7a in the neural tube, limb buds, and Müllerian duct. ..