Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fzd1
Description: frizzled class receptor 1
Alias: AW227548, FZ-1, Fz1, frizzled-1, frizzled homolog 1, mFz1
- GÃ³rnikiewicz B, Ronowicz A, KrzemiÅ„ski M, Sachadyn P. Changes in gene methylation patterns in neonatal murine hearts: Implications for the regenerative potential. BMC Genomics. 2016;17:231 pubmed publisher..This conclusion is supported by the evidence that an increase in DNA methylation in the neonatal murine heart from day 1 to day 7 occurs in the promoter regions of genes playing important roles in cardiovascular system development. ..
- González Sancho J, Brennan K, Castelo Soccio L, Brown A. Wnt proteins induce dishevelled phosphorylation via an LRP5/6- independent mechanism, irrespective of their ability to stabilize beta-catenin. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:4757-68 pubmed..Our data also present Dvl phosphorylation as a general biochemical assay for Wnt protein function, including those Wnts that do not activate the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway. ..
- Borello U, Berarducci B, Murphy P, Bajard L, Buffa V, Piccolo S, et al. The Wnt/beta-catenin pathway regulates Gli-mediated Myf5 expression during somitogenesis. Development. 2006;133:3723-32 pubmed..we report that the Wnt signal is transduced in muscle progenitor cells by at least two Frizzled (Fz) receptors (Fz1 and/or Fz6), through the canonical beta-catenin pathway, in the epaxial domain of newly formed somites...
- Borello U, Buffa V, Sonnino C, Melchionna R, Vivarelli E, Cossu G. Differential expression of the Wnt putative receptors Frizzled during mouse somitogenesis. Mech Dev. 1999;89:173-7 pubmed..b>Frizzled 1, 3, 6, 7, 8, and 9 have specific expression in the forming and differentiating somites...
- Gibbs B, Damerla R, Vladar E, Chatterjee B, Wan Y, Liu X, et al. Prickle1 mutation causes planar cell polarity and directional cell migration defects associated with cardiac outflow tract anomalies and other structural birth defects. Biol Open. 2016;5:323-35 pubmed publisher..Together these findings show Pk1 plays an essential role in regulating cell polarity and directional cell migration during development. ..
- Xu L, Tan L, Goldring M, Olsen B, Li Y. Expression of frizzled genes in mouse costochondral chondrocytes. Matrix Biol. 2001;20:147-51 pubmed..elegans, Drosophila, chicken and human. We used the T31 Mouse/Hamster radiation hybrid panel to map the mouse frizzled-1 to mouse chromosome 5 (5 cM from the centromere), and frizzled-9 to mouse chromosome 5 (74 cM from the centromere). ..
- Avilés E, Pinto C, Hanna P, Ojeda J, Perez V, De Ferrari G, et al. Frizzled-9 impairs acetylcholine receptor clustering in skeletal muscle cells. Front Cell Neurosci. 2014;8:110 pubmed publisher..Our findings represent the first evidence pointing to a crucial role of a Fzd-mediated, ?-catenin-dependent signaling on the assembly of the vertebrate NMJ. ..
- Reddy S, Andl T, Lu M, Morrisey E, Millar S. Expression of Frizzled genes in developing and postnatal hair follicles. J Invest Dermatol. 2004;123:275-82 pubmed
- Yu H, Ye X, Guo N, Nathans J. Frizzled 2 and frizzled 7 function redundantly in convergent extension and closure of the ventricular septum and palate: evidence for a network of interacting genes. Development. 2012;139:4383-94 pubmed publisherFrizzled (Fz) 2 and Fz7, together with Fz1, form a distinct subfamily within the Frizzled family of Wnt receptors...
- Lapointe E, Boyer A, Rico C, Paquet M, Franco H, Gossen J, et al. FZD1 regulates cumulus expansion genes and is required for normal female fertility in mice. Biol Reprod. 2012;87:104 pubmed publisher..b>Fzd1 encodes a WNT receptor whose expression is markedly induced in both mural granulosa cells and cumulus cells during ..
- Soshnikova N, Zechner D, Huelsken J, Mishina Y, Behringer R, Taketo M, et al. Genetic interaction between Wnt/beta-catenin and BMP receptor signaling during formation of the AER and the dorsal-ventral axis in the limb. Genes Dev. 2003;17:1963-8 pubmed..Thus, AER formation and dorsal-ventral patterning of limbs are tightly controlled by an intricate interplay between Wnt/beta-catenin and BMP receptor signaling. ..
- Beigneux A, Kosinski C, Gavino B, Horton J, Skarnes W, Young S. ATP-citrate lyase deficiency in the mouse. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:9557-64 pubmed..The Acly knockout allele is useful for identifying cell types with a high demand for acetyl-CoA synthesis. ..
- Deutscher E, Hung Chang Yao H. Essential roles of mesenchyme-derived beta-catenin in mouse Müllerian duct morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2007;307:227-36 pubmed..We examined the expression of Frizzled (Fzd), the receptors for WNT, and found that Fzd1 is one receptor present in the Müllerian duct mesenchyme and could be the putative receptor for beta-catenin ..
- Hering H, Sheng M. Direct interaction of Frizzled-1, -2, -4, and -7 with PDZ domains of PSD-95. FEBS Lett. 2002;521:185-9 pubmed
- Neumann J, Schaale K, Farhat K, Endermann T, Ulmer A, Ehlers S, et al. Frizzled1 is a marker of inflammatory macrophages, and its ligand Wnt3a is involved in reprogramming Mycobacterium tuberculosis-infected macrophages. FASEB J. 2010;24:4599-612 pubmed publisher..A systematic screen of Fzd homologs in infected mice identified Fzd1 mRNA to be significantly up-regulated during the course of infection...
- Hardie W, Korfhagen T, Sartor M, Prestridge A, Medvedovic M, Le Cras T, et al. Genomic profile of matrix and vasculature remodeling in TGF-alpha induced pulmonary fibrosis. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2007;37:309-21 pubmed..These studies support a role for epithelial cell-derived TGF-alpha in the regulation of processes that alter the airway and vascular architecture and function. ..
- L Episcopo F, Serapide M, Tirolo C, Testa N, Caniglia S, Morale M, et al. A Wnt1 regulated Frizzled-1/?-Catenin signaling pathway as a candidate regulatory circuit controlling mesencephalic dopaminergic neuron-astrocyte crosstalk: Therapeutical relevance for neuron survival and neuroprotection. Mol Neurodegener. 2011;6:49 pubmed publisher
- Wang S, Guan Y, Chen Y, Li X, Zhang C, Yu L, et al. Role of Wnt1 and Fzd1 in the spinal cord pathogenesis of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis-transgenic mice. Biotechnol Lett. 2013;35:1199-207 pubmed publisher..We have investigated the expression of Wnt1 and Fzd1 in the spinal cords of SOD1G93A ALS transgenic mice, SOD1G93A-transfected N2a cells, and primary cultured ..
- Bleul C, Boehm T. Laser capture microdissection-based expression profiling identifies PD1-ligand as a target of the nude locus gene product. Eur J Immunol. 2001;31:2497-503 pubmed..The presented results support our prediction that this systematic approach by gene expression profiling yields regulators of thymopoiesis. ..
- Dawe C, Kooistra M, Fairbridge N, Pisio A, McDermid H. Role of chromatin remodeling gene Cecr2 in neurulation and inner ear development. Dev Dyn. 2011;240:372-83 pubmed publisher..The mechanism of Cecr2 action in neurogenesis and inner ear development is likely complex. ..
- Snowball J, Ambalavanan M, Cornett B, Lang R, Whitsett J, Sinner D. Mesenchymal Wnt signaling promotes formation of sternum and thoracic body wall. Dev Biol. 2015;401:264-75 pubmed publisher..Thus, impaired Wls activity in the ventral body wall mesenchyme is a mechanism underlying ectopia cordis and unfused sternum. ..
- Mardones M, Andaur G, Varas Godoy M, Henriquez J, Salech F, Behrens M, et al. Frizzled-1 receptor regulates adult hippocampal neurogenesis. Mol Brain. 2016;9:29 pubmed publisher..Here we studied the potential role of Frizzled-1 (FZD1) receptor in adult hippocampal neurogenesis...
- Wang Z, Shu W, Lu M, Morrisey E. Wnt7b activates canonical signaling in epithelial and vascular smooth muscle cells through interactions with Fzd1, Fzd10, and LRP5. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:5022-30 pubmed..Expression analysis of Fzds and LRP5/6 in the developing lung and vasculature showed that Fzd1, -4, -7, and -10 and LRP5/6 are expressed in tissue-specific patterns during lung development...
- Stefater J, Lewkowich I, Rao S, Mariggi G, Carpenter A, Burr A, et al. Regulation of angiogenesis by a non-canonical Wnt-Flt1 pathway in myeloid cells. Nature. 2011;474:511-5 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that resident myeloid cells can use a non-canonical, Wnt-Flt1 pathway to suppress angiogenic branching. ..
- Kudo L, Karsten S, Chen J, Levitt P, Geschwind D. Genetic analysis of anterior posterior expression gradients in the developing mammalian forebrain. Cereb Cortex. 2007;17:2108-22 pubmed..These data provide an important set of new candidates for studies of cortical patterning and maturation. ..
- Li J, Willingham E, Baskin L. Gene expression profiles in mouse urethral development. BJU Int. 2006;98:880-5 pubmed..TSP4 was expressed in the mesenchymal basal layer underlying E17 GT skin epidermis. Many signalling pathways are involved in late GT development, and cell migration molecules might have an important role in urethral tube formation. ..
- Hsieh M, Johnson M, Greenberg N, Richards J. Regulated expression of Wnts and Frizzleds at specific stages of follicular development in the rodent ovary. Endocrinology. 2002;143:898-908 pubmed..Thus, specific Wnt/Fz are expressed at distinct stages of follicular development, suggesting multiple functions for this signaling pathway in the ovary. ..
- Lehtinen M, Zappaterra M, Chen X, Yang Y, Hill A, Lun M, et al. The cerebrospinal fluid provides a proliferative niche for neural progenitor cells. Neuron. 2011;69:893-905 pubmed publisher..The temporal control of CSF composition may have critical relevance to normal development and neuropathological conditions...
- Cygan J, Johnson R, McMahon A. Novel regulatory interactions revealed by studies of murine limb pattern in Wnt-7a and En-1 mutants. Development. 1997;124:5021-32 pubmed..Unlike the normal AER, ectopic AER formation is dependent upon Wnt-7a activity, indicating that distinct genetic mechanisms may be involved in primary and secondary AER formation. ..
- Laeremans H, Rensen S, Ottenheijm H, Smits J, Blankesteijn W. Wnt/frizzled signalling modulates the migration and differentiation of immortalized cardiac fibroblasts. Cardiovasc Res. 2010;87:514-23 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Wnt/Fzd signalling may serve as a novel therapeutic target to ameliorate wound healing after MI. ..
- Jones B, Beard J, Gibson J, Unger E, Allen R, McCarthy K, et al. Systems genetic analysis of peripheral iron parameters in the mouse. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2007;293:R116-24 pubmed..The results show that iron homeostasis is a complex trait and is influenced by multiple genes. ..
- Zhang T, Hoffman B, Ruiz de Algara T, Helgason C. SAGE reveals expression of Wnt signalling pathway members during mouse prostate development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2006;6:310-24 pubmed..These studies provide the first evidence that Wnt pathway members are expressed in the developing prostate. Functional analyses are now required to establish the biological significance of this observation. ..