Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fut4
Description: fucosyltransferase 4
Alias: AI451562, CD15, FAL, FucT-IV, LeX, SSEA-1, Ssea1, alpha-(1,3)-fucosyltransferase 4, 3-fucosyl-N-acetyl-lactosamine epitope, Lewis x, alpha (1,3) fucosyltransferase, myeloid specific, alpha 1,3-fucosyltransferase, fuc-TIV, fucosyltransferase IV, galactoside 3-L-fucosyltransferase, stage-specific embryonic antigen 1
- Takeuchi Y, Molyneaux K, Runyan C, Schaible K, Wylie C. The roles of FGF signaling in germ cell migration in the mouse. Development. 2005;132:5399-409 pubmed..These data show that a major role of FGF signaling through FGFR2-IIIb is to control germ cell numbers. The data do not discriminate between direct and indirect effects of FGF signaling on germ cells, and both may be involved. ..
- Plump A, Erskine L, Sabatier C, Brose K, Epstein C, Goodman C, et al. Slit1 and Slit2 cooperate to prevent premature midline crossing of retinal axons in the mouse visual system. Neuron. 2002;33:219-32 pubmed..Our results indicate that Slit proteins repel retinal axons in vivo and cooperate to establish a corridor through which the axons are channeled, thereby helping define the site in the ventral diencephalon where the optic chiasm forms. ..
- Xing Y, Li C, Li A, Sridurongrit S, Tiozzo C, Bellusci S, et al. Signaling via Alk5 controls the ontogeny of lung Clara cells. Development. 2010;137:825-33 pubmed publisher..Thus, the signaling pathway by which TGFbeta/ALK5 regulates Clara cell differentiation may entail inhibition of Pten expression, which in turn activates ERK and AKT phosphorylation. ..
- Cai Y, Alvarez A, Alcaide P, Duramad P, Lim Y, Jarolim P, et al. Abrogation of functional selectin-ligand expression reduces migration of pathogenic CD8+ T cells into heart. J Immunol. 2006;176:6568-75 pubmed..These results identify a prominent role for selectin ligands in contributing to effector CD8+ T cell recruitment into the myocardium and indicate that selectin-dependent T cell recruitment is relevant to other tissues besides the skin. ..
- Seki Y, Yamaji M, Yabuta Y, Sano M, Shigeta M, Matsui Y, et al. Cellular dynamics associated with the genome-wide epigenetic reprogramming in migrating primordial germ cells in mice. Development. 2007;134:2627-38 pubmed..We suggest the possibility that active repression of an essential enzyme and subsequent unique cellular dynamics ensures successful implementation of genome-wide epigenetic reprogramming in migrating PGCs. ..
- Smithson G, Rogers C, Smith P, Scheidegger E, Petryniak B, Myers J, et al. Fuc-TVII is required for T helper 1 and T cytotoxic 1 lymphocyte selectin ligand expression and recruitment in inflammation, and together with Fuc-TIV regulates naive T cell trafficking to lymph nodes. J Exp Med. 2001;194:601-14 pubmed
- Jiang X, Campbell J, Kupper T. Embryonic trafficking of gammadelta T cells to skin is dependent on E/P selectin ligands and CCR4. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:7443-8 pubmed publisher..DETC were significantly reduced in CCR4(-/-) mice but were present at normal levels in CCR10(-/-) mice. Our results present evidence for the crucial role of trafficking molecules in embryonic migration of DETC precursors to skin. ..
- Wang C, Huang C, Gu Y, Zhou Y, Zhu Z, Zhang Y. Biosynthesis and distribution of Lewis X- and Lewis Y-containing glycoproteins in the murine male reproductive system. Glycobiology. 2011;21:225-34 pubmed publisherAlthough Lewis X (LeX) and Lewis Y (LeY) antigens were thought to play important roles in fertility, fucosyltransferase (Fut)-deficient (Fut1, Fut2 and Fut4) mice which lack LeX or LeY antigen are still fertile...
- Ehlers S, Schreiber T, Dunzendorfer A, Lowe J, Holscher C. Fucosyltransferase IV and VII-directed selectin ligand function determines long-term survival in experimental tuberculosis. Immunobiology. 2009;214:674-82 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that targeting selectin ligand function during treatment of chronic inflammatory disorders may run the risk of accelerating TB disease progression. ..
- Kudo T, Kaneko M, Iwasaki H, Togayachi A, Nishihara S, Abe K, et al. Normal embryonic and germ cell development in mice lacking alpha 1,3-fucosyltransferase IX (Fut9) which show disappearance of stage-specific embryonic antigen 1. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:4221-8 pubmedStage-specific embryonic antigen 1 (SSEA-1), an antigenic epitope defined as a Lewis x carbohydrate structure, is expressed during the 8-cell to blastocyst stages in mouse embryos and in primordial germ cells, undifferentiated embryonic ..
- Maly P, Thall A, Petryniak B, Rogers C, Smith P, Marks R, et al. The alpha(1,3)fucosyltransferase Fuc-TVII controls leukocyte trafficking through an essential role in L-, E-, and P-selectin ligand biosynthesis. Cell. 1996;86:643-53 pubmed..These observations demonstrate an essential role for Fuc-TVII in E-, P-, and L-selectin ligand biosynthesis and imply that this locus can control leukocyte trafficking in health and disease. ..
- Runyan C, Schaible K, Molyneaux K, Wang Z, Levin L, Wylie C. Steel factor controls midline cell death of primordial germ cells and is essential for their normal proliferation and migration. Development. 2006;133:4861-9 pubmed..These data show first that changing expression of Steel factor is required for normal midline germ cell death, and second, that Steel factor is required for normal proliferation and migration of germ cells. ..
- Harp J, Onami T. Naïve T cells re-distribute to the lungs of selectin ligand deficient mice. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10973 pubmed publisher..T cell extravasation into lymph nodes via high endothelial venules and is dependent on the biosynthesis of sialyl Lewis X (sLe(x)) ligands by several glycosyltransferases, including two fucosyltransferases, fucosyltransferase-IV and -..
- Homeister J, Thall A, Petryniak B, Maly P, Rogers C, Smith P, et al. The alpha(1,3)fucosyltransferases FucT-IV and FucT-VII exert collaborative control over selectin-dependent leukocyte recruitment and lymphocyte homing. Immunity. 2001;15:115-26 pubmed..These observations reveal essential FucT-IV-dependent contributions to E-, P-, and L-selectin ligand synthesis and to the control of leukocyte recruitment and lymphocyte homing. ..
- Capela A, Temple S. LeX/ssea-1 is expressed by adult mouse CNS stem cells, identifying them as nonependymal. Neuron. 2002;35:865-75 pubmed..We show that Lewis X (LeX), a carbohydrate expressed by embryonic pluripotent stem cells, is made by adult mouse subventricular zone (..
- Erskine L, Williams S, Brose K, Kidd T, Rachel R, Goodman C, et al. Retinal ganglion cell axon guidance in the mouse optic chiasm: expression and function of robos and slits. J Neurosci. 2000;20:4975-82 pubmed
- Weninger W, Ulfman L, Cheng G, Souchkova N, Quackenbush E, Lowe J, et al. Specialized contributions by alpha(1,3)-fucosyltransferase-IV and FucT-VII during leukocyte rolling in dermal microvessels. Immunity. 2000;12:665-76 pubmed..These results demonstrate a role for FucT-IV in selectin-dependent adhesion and suggest that the endothelial selectins and FucTs have distinct but overlapping functions in the immunosurveillance of the skin. ..
- Harp J, Gilchrist M, Onami T. Memory T cells are enriched in lymph nodes of selectin-ligand-deficient mice. J Immunol. 2010;185:5751-61 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that memory T cells are enriched in LNs with T cell deficits by several mechanisms, including longer T cell retention and increased homeostatic proliferation...
- Read T, Fogarty M, Markant S, McLendon R, Wei Z, Ellison D, et al. Identification of CD15 as a marker for tumor-propagating cells in a mouse model of medulloblastoma. Cancer Cell. 2009;15:135-47 pubmed publisher..Patched mutant mouse, are propagated not by CD133(+) cells but by cells expressing the progenitor markers Math1 and CD15/SSEA-1...
- Chuma S, Nakatsuji N. Autonomous transition into meiosis of mouse fetal germ cells in vitro and its inhibition by gp130-mediated signaling. Dev Biol. 2001;229:468-79 pubmed..This novel activity of gp130-mediated signaling may provide some clues for the understanding of pluripotency of mammalian germ-line cells and/or the sex differentiation of fetal germ cells. ..
- Medeiros L, Dennis L, Gill M, Houbaviy H, Markoulaki S, Fu D, et al. Mir-290-295 deficiency in mice results in partially penetrant embryonic lethality and germ cell defects. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:14163-8 pubmed publisher..Female mir-290-295(-/-) mice are unable to recover and are sterile, due to premature ovarian failure. ..
- Marcus R, Shimamura K, Sretavan D, Lai E, Rubenstein J, Mason C. Domains of regulatory gene expression and the developing optic chiasm: correspondence with retinal axon paths and candidate signaling cells. J Comp Neurol. 1999;403:346-58 pubmed..Together, these data support the hypothesis that molecularly distinct, longitudinally aligned domains in the forebrain regulate the pattern of retinal axon projections in the developing hypothalamus. ..
- Sun J, Ting M, Ishii M, Maxson R. Msx1 and Msx2 function together in the regulation of primordial germ cell migration in the mouse. Dev Biol. 2016;417:11-24 pubmed publisher..We also noted a reduction in the expression of Wnt5a and an increase in the expression in Bmp4 in such tissues in Msx1(-/-);Msx2(-/-) mutants, both known effectors of PGC development. ..
- Runko E, Kaprielian Z. Expression of Vema in the developing mouse spinal cord and optic chiasm. J Comp Neurol. 2002;451:289-99 pubmed..The expression of Vema at two key choice points for pathfinding axons suggests an important role for this protein in regulating axon guidance at the midline of the developing mouse central nervous system. ..
- Liu Z, Yago T, Zhang N, Panicker S, Wang Y, Yao L, et al. L-selectin mechanochemistry restricts neutrophil priming in vivo. Nat Commun. 2017;8:15196 pubmed publisher..Thus, L-selectin mechanochemistry limits premature activation of neutrophils. Our results highlight the importance of probing how mechanochemistry functions in vivo. ..
- Burne M, Rabb H. Pathophysiological contributions of fucosyltransferases in renal ischemia reperfusion injury. J Immunol. 2002;169:2648-52 pubmed..Selectins bind to sialylated and fucosylated sLe(x) receptors, and two enzymes, fucosyltransferase IV (FucT-IV) and VII (FucT-VII), are important in the function of these receptors...
- Vaziri Sani F, Kaartinen V, El Shahawy M, Linde A, Gritli Linde A. Developmental changes in cellular and extracellular structural macromolecules in the secondary palate and in the nasal cavity of the mouse. Eur J Oral Sci. 2010;118:221-36 pubmed publisher..The hitherto-unknown innervation pattern of the developing palate was revealed. These findings may be of value for unravelling the pathogenesis of palatal clefting. ..
- Ogawa R, Fujita K, Ito K. Mouse embryonic dorsal root ganglia contain pluripotent stem cells that show features similar to embryonic stem cells and induced pluripotent stem cells. Biol Open. 2017;6:602-618 pubmed publisher..These findings support the possibility that PSCs in mouse embryonic DRGs are NCSCs. ..
- Chen L, Faire M, Kissner M, Laird D. Primordial germ cells and gastrointestinal stromal tumors respond distinctly to a cKit overactivating allele. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:313-27 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate a cell-context-dependent response to the cKit(V558?) mutation. We propose that AKT overload protection and JNK-mediated survival comprise PGC-specific mechanisms for regulating cKit signaling. ..
- Corti S, Locatelli F, Papadimitriou D, Donadoni C, Del Bo R, Fortunato F, et al. Multipotentiality, homing properties, and pyramidal neurogenesis of CNS-derived LeX(ssea-1)+/CXCR4+ stem cells. FASEB J. 2005;19:1860-2 pubmed..We isolated a primitive neural stem cell subset, double positive for LeX(Le) and CXCR4(CX) antigens that possesses CNS homing potential and extensive neuronal repopulating capacity...
- Zhang S, Condac E, Qiu H, Jiang J, Gutierrez Sanchez G, Bergmann C, et al. Heparin-induced leukocytosis requires 6-O-sulfation and is caused by blockade of selectin- and CXCL12 protein-mediated leukocyte trafficking in mice. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:5542-53 pubmed publisher..We conclude that heparin-induced leukocytosis requires glucosamine 6-O-sulfation and is caused by blockade of L-selectin-, P-selectin-, and CXCL12-mediated leukocyte trafficking...
- Gainers M, Descheny L, Barthel S, Liu L, Wurbel M, Dimitroff C. Skin-homing receptors on effector leukocytes are differentially sensitive to glyco-metabolic antagonism in allergic contact dermatitis. J Immunol. 2007;179:8509-18 pubmed
- Anjos Afonso F, Bonnet D. Nonhematopoietic/endothelial SSEA-1+ cells define the most primitive progenitors in the adult murine bone marrow mesenchymal compartment. Blood. 2007;109:1298-306 pubmed..Altogether we are proposing a hierarchical organization of the mesenchymal compartment, placing SSEA-1+ cells at the apex of this hierarchy. ..
- Maatouk D, Kellam L, Mann M, Lei H, Li E, Bartolomei M, et al. DNA methylation is a primary mechanism for silencing postmigratory primordial germ cell genes in both germ cell and somatic cell lineages. Development. 2006;133:3411-8 pubmed..This is the first example of ectopic gene activation in Dnmt1 mutant mice and suggests that dynamic changes in DNA methylation regulate tissue-specific gene expression of a set of primordial germ cell-specific genes. ..
- Sultana D, Zhang S, Todd S, Bhandoola A. Expression of functional P-selectin glycoprotein ligand 1 on hematopoietic progenitors is developmentally regulated. J Immunol. 2012;188:4385-93 pubmed publisher..These studies provide insight into the developmentally regulated expression of a critical determinant involved in progenitor homing to the thymus. ..
- Parker R, Liu M, Eyre H, Copeland N, Gilbert D, Crawford J, et al. Y-receptor-like genes GPR72 and GPR73: molecular cloning, genomic organisation and assignment to human chromosome 11q21.1 and 2p14 and mouse chromosome 9 and 6. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000;1491:369-75 pubmed..However, although successful cell surface expression in a heterologous expression system can be achieved no specific binding to this ligand family can be detected, indicating that perhaps additional factors are required for binding. ..
- Colvin J, Green R, Schmahl J, Capel B, Ornitz D. Male-to-female sex reversal in mice lacking fibroblast growth factor 9. Cell. 2001;104:875-89 pubmed..While Sry is found only in some mammals, Fgfs are highly conserved. Thus, Fgfs may function in sex determination and reproductive system development in many species. ..
- Chang D, Cattoretti G, Calame K. The dynamic expression pattern of B lymphocyte induced maturation protein-1 (Blimp-1) during mouse embryonic development. Mech Dev. 2002;117:305-9 pubmed..Finally, Blimp-1 is expressed in the migrating primordial germ cells. ..
- Zhang Y, Zhang Y, Bulbul A, Shan X, Wang X, Yan Q. Baicalin promotes embryo adhesion and implantation by upregulating fucosyltransferase IV (FUT4) via Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway. FEBS Lett. 2015;589:1225-33 pubmed publisherGlycosylation plays a significant role in determining the receptivity of the uterine endometrium to embryo. Fucosyltransferase IV (FUT4) is expressed stage-specifically in the uterine endometrium of mammalians, and considered as a marker ..
- Hirakawa J, Tsuboi K, Sato K, Kobayashi M, Watanabe S, Takakura A, et al. Novel anti-carbohydrate antibodies reveal the cooperative function of sulfated N- and O-glycans in lymphocyte homing. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:40864-78 pubmed publisher..Glycan array analysis indicated that both S1 and S2 specifically bound 6-sulfo sialyl Lewis X and its defucosylated structure...
- Hoefer I, van Royen N, Rectenwald J, Deindl E, Hua J, Jost M, et al. Arteriogenesis proceeds via ICAM-1/Mac-1- mediated mechanisms. Circ Res. 2004;94:1179-85 pubmed
- Jiang X, Clark R, Liu L, Wagers A, Fuhlbrigge R, Kupper T. Skin infection generates non-migratory memory CD8+ T(RM) cells providing global skin immunity. Nature. 2012;483:227-31 pubmed publisher..These findings have important implications for our understanding of protective immune memory at epithelial interfaces with the environment, and suggest novel strategies for vaccines that protect against tissue tropic organisms. ..
- Capela A, Temple S. LeX is expressed by principle progenitor cells in the embryonic nervous system, is secreted into their environment and binds Wnt-1. Dev Biol. 2006;291:300-13 pubmedLeX/SSEA1/CD15 is an extracellular matrix-associated carbohydrate expressed by ES cells and by adult neural and bone marrow stem cells...
- Morimoto M, Nishinakamura R, Saga Y, Kopan R. Different assemblies of Notch receptors coordinate the distribution of the major bronchial Clara, ciliated and neuroendocrine cells. Development. 2012;139:4365-73 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that two different assemblies of Notch receptors coordinate the numbers and distribution of the major epithelial cell types in the conducting airway during lung organogenesis. ..
- Meyer zym Gottesberge A, Mai J. Localization of the CD15-epitope in the inner ear of the developing mouse. Cell Tissue Res. 1996;283:395-401 pubmedThe expression of the 3-fucosyl-N-acetyl-lactosamine (CD15) epitope during the embryonic development of the mouse inner ear has been immunohistochemically studied on paraffin sections from day 8.5 to day 19 of gestation...
- Arora R, Altman E, Tran N, Laird D. Novel domains of expression for orphan receptor tyrosine kinase Ror2 in the human and mouse reproductive system. Dev Dyn. 2014;243:1037-45 pubmed publisher..This study sets the stage to explore function for this tyrosine kinase receptor in novel regions of expression in the developing reproductive system in both mouse and human. ..
- Chuma S, Hiyoshi M, Yamamoto A, Hosokawa M, Takamune K, Nakatsuji N. Mouse Tudor Repeat-1 (MTR-1) is a novel component of chromatoid bodies/nuages in male germ cells and forms a complex with snRNPs. Mech Dev. 2003;120:979-90 pubmed..These results suggest that MTR-1, which would provide novel insights into evolutionary comparison of nuages, functions in assembling snRNPs into cytoplasmic granules in germ cells. ..
- Ledgerwood L, Lal G, Zhang N, Garin A, Esses S, Ginhoux F, et al. The sphingosine 1-phosphate receptor 1 causes tissue retention by inhibiting the entry of peripheral tissue T lymphocytes into afferent lymphatics. Nat Immunol. 2008;9:42-53 pubmed..Thus, the increased sphingosine 1-phosphate present in inflamed peripheral tissues may induce T cell retention and suppress T cell egress. ..
- Nacher M, Blazquez A, Shao B, Matesanz A, Prophete C, Berin M, et al. Physiological contribution of CD44 as a ligand for E-Selectin during inflammatory T-cell recruitment. Am J Pathol. 2011;178:2437-46 pubmed publisher..Our results identify additional mechanisms by which CD44 modulates the inflammatory response. ..
- Laird D, Altshuler Keylin S, Kissner M, Zhou X, Anderson K. Ror2 enhances polarity and directional migration of primordial germ cells. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002428 pubmed publisher..Together these results indicate that Ror2 acts autonomously to permit the polarized response of PGCs to KitL. We propose a model by which Wnt5a potentiates PGC chemotaxis toward secreted KitL by redistribution of Ror2 within the cell. ..
- Doebis C, Siegmund K, Loddenkemper C, Lowe J, Issekutz A, Hamann A, et al. Cellular players and role of selectin ligands in leukocyte recruitment in a T-cell-initiated delayed-type hypersensitivity reaction. Am J Pathol. 2008;173:1067-76 pubmed publisher..However, only the presence of selectin ligands on T cells was critical for the inflammatory reaction. These findings reveal T cells as the predominant targets for selectin blockade that aim to suppress skin inflammation. ..
- Furusawa T, Ohkoshi K, Honda C, Takahashi S, Tokunaga T. Embryonic stem cells expressing both platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 and stage-specific embryonic antigen-1 differentiate predominantly into epiblast cells in a chimeric embryo. Biol Reprod. 2004;70:1452-7 pubmed..These results showed that the expression levels of PECAM-1 and SSEA-1 in ES cells correlated closely with their pluripotency and/or their ability to incorporate into the epiblast of chimeric embryos. ..
- Bosman E, Lawson K, Debruyn J, Beek L, Francis A, Schoonjans L, et al. Smad5 determines murine amnion fate through the control of bone morphogenetic protein expression and signalling levels. Development. 2006;133:3399-409 pubmed..These results support a model in which loss of Smad5 results paradoxically in gain of Bmp function defects in the amnion. ..
- Yokomizo T, Dzierzak E. Three-dimensional cartography of hematopoietic clusters in the vasculature of whole mouse embryos. Development. 2010;137:3651-61 pubmed publisher..Clusters enriched with the c-Kit(+)CD31(+)SSEA1(-) cell population contain functional hematopoietic progenitors and stem cells...
- Gu Z, Nomura M, Simpson B, Lei H, Feijen A, van den Eijnden van Raaij J, et al. The type I activin receptor ActRIB is required for egg cylinder organization and gastrulation in the mouse. Genes Dev. 1998;12:844-57 pubmed..These results provide genetic evidence that ActRIB functions in both epiblast and extraembryonic cells to mediate signals that are required for egg cylinder organization and gastrulation. ..
- Chung K, Shum D, Chan S. Expression of chondroitin sulfate proteoglycans in the chiasm of mouse embryos. J Comp Neurol. 2000;417:153-63 pubmed
- Pirouz M, Pilarski S, Kessel M. A critical function of Mad2l2 in primordial germ cell development of mice. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003712 pubmed publisher..Together, these results demonstrate the potential of Mad2l2 in the regulation of both cell cycle and the epigenetic status. The function of Mad2l2 is essential in PGCs, and thus of high relevance for fertility. ..
- Lin L, Taylor J, Chan S. Changes in expression of fibroblast growth factor receptors during development of the mouse retinofugal pathway. J Comp Neurol. 2002;451:22-32 pubmed..This region overlaps with a lateral extension of the SSEA-1-positive cells, suggesting a possible relation of these cells to the elevated expression of FGFR. ..
- Meyer zum Gottesberge A, Mai J. Pre- and postnatal expression of glycoconjugates (3-fucosyl-N-acetyllactosamine and HNK-1 epitopes) in the mouse inner ear. Int J Dev Neurosci. 1997;15:645-56 pubmedThe distribution of two glycoconjugates 3-fucosyl-N-acetyllactosamine (CD15) and HNK-1 epitope (CD57) in the inner ear of the NMRI mouse was analysed from the eighth day of gestation to the 16th day after birth...
- Elliott A, De Miguel M, Rebel V, Donovan P. Identifying genes differentially expressed between PGCs and ES cells reveals a role for CREB-binding protein in germ cell survival. Dev Biol. 2007;311:347-58 pubmed..Loss of CBP in PGCs leads to increased apoptosis and subsequent reduction in PGC numbers. These data indicate an essential role for CBP in maintaining normal germ cell development. ..
- Herrera E, Marcus R, Li S, Williams S, Erskine L, Lai E, et al. Foxd1 is required for proper formation of the optic chiasm. Development. 2004;131:5727-39 pubmed
- Fox N, Damjanov I, Martinez Hernandez A, Knowles B, Solter D. Immunohistochemical localization of the early embryonic antigen (SSEA-1) in postimplantation mouse embryos and fetal and adult tissues. Dev Biol. 1981;83:391-8 pubmed
- Ellis P, Fagan B, Magness S, Hutton S, Taranova O, Hayashi S, et al. SOX2, a persistent marker for multipotential neural stem cells derived from embryonic stem cells, the embryo or the adult. Dev Neurosci. 2004;26:148-65 pubmed..These studies demonstrate that SOX2 may meet the requirements of a universal neural stem cell marker and provides a means to identify cells which fulfill the basic criteria of a stem cell: self-renewal and multipotent differentiation. ..
- Iwata J, Suzuki A, Pelikan R, Ho T, Sanchez Lara P, Urata M, et al. Smad4-Irf6 genetic interaction and TGF?-mediated IRF6 signaling cascade are crucial for palatal fusion in mice. Development. 2013;140:1220-30 pubmed publisher..Thus, IRF6 and SMAD4 synergistically regulate the fate of the MEE, and TGF?-mediated Irf6 activity is responsible for MEE degeneration during palatal fusion in mice. ..
- Filali M, Lalonde R, Bensoula A, Guastavino J, Lestienne F. Spontaneous alternation, motor activity, and spatial learning in hot-foot mutant mice. J Comp Physiol A. 1996;178:101-4 pubmed..These results indicate that in addition to motor coordination deficits, these cerebellar mutants have deficits in spatial learning and perseverate choices of maze arms. ..
- Abramova N, Charniga C, Goderie S, Temple S. Stage-specific changes in gene expression in acutely isolated mouse CNS progenitor cells. Dev Biol. 2005;283:269-81 pubmed..We used FACS sorting and the LeX surface marker to enrich neural progenitor cells from different embryonic stages and adult and compared their gene ..
- Miesegaes G, Klisch T, Thaller C, Ahmad K, Atkinson R, Zoghbi H. Identification and subclassification of new Atoh1 derived cell populations during mouse spinal cord development. Dev Biol. 2009;327:339-51 pubmed publisher..Altogether we reveal the existence of multiple Atoh1 dependent cell types in the spinal cord, and uncover a novel progenitor domain that arises late in development. ..
- Richardson R, Hammond N, Coulombe P, Saloranta C, Nousiainen H, Salonen R, et al. Periderm prevents pathological epithelial adhesions during embryogenesis. J Clin Invest. 2014;124:3891-900 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this study suggests that failure of periderm formation underlies a series of devastating birth defects, including popliteal pterygium syndrome, cocoon syndrome, and Bartsocas-Papas syndrome. ..
- La Salle S, Mertineit C, Taketo T, Moens P, Bestor T, Trasler J. Windows for sex-specific methylation marked by DNA methyltransferase expression profiles in mouse germ cells. Dev Biol. 2004;268:403-15 pubmed..Together, the results provide clues to specific roles for the different DNMT family members in de novo and maintenance methylation in the developing testis and ovary. ..
- Ozawa M, Muramatsu T. Molecular cloning and expression of a mouse alpha-1,3 fucosyltransferase gene that shows homology with the human alpha-1,3 fucosyltransferase IV gene. J Biochem. 1996;119:302-8 pubmed..deduced amino acid sequence of the clone showed a highest degree of homology with those of human alpha-1,3 fucosyltransferase IV, i.e. 77.1 and 75.5% identity, respectively...
- Suzukawa M, Miller M, Rosenthal P, Cho J, Doherty T, Varki A, et al. Sialyltransferase ST3Gal-III regulates Siglec-F ligand formation and eosinophilic lung inflammation in mice. J Immunol. 2013;190:5939-48 pubmed publisher..Overall, these studies demonstrate that ST3Gal-III plays an important role in Siglec-F ligand formation and eosinophil apoptosis with resultant effects on eosinophilic inflammation in the lung. ..
- Adams I, McLaren A. Identification and characterisation of mRif1: a mouse telomere-associated protein highly expressed in germ cells and embryo-derived pluripotent stem cells. Dev Dyn. 2004;229:733-44 pubmed..mRif1 may be involved in the maintenance of telomere length or pluripotency in the germline and during early mouse development. ..
- Zhang N, Schroppel B, Lal G, Jakubzick C, Mao X, Chen D, et al. Regulatory T cells sequentially migrate from inflamed tissues to draining lymph nodes to suppress the alloimmune response. Immunity. 2009;30:458-69 pubmed publisher..These results showed that sequential migration from blood to the target tissue and to dLNs is required for Treg cells to differentiate and execute fully their suppressive function. ..
- M Rini C, Cheng G, Schweitzer C, Cavanagh L, Palframan R, Mempel T, et al. A novel endothelial L-selectin ligand activity in lymph node medulla that is regulated by alpha(1,3)-fucosyltransferase-IV. J Exp Med. 2003;198:1301-12 pubmed..Physiologic relevance for this novel activity in medullary microvessels is suggested by the finding that L-selectin-dependent T cell homing to PLNs was partly insensitive to MECA-79 inhibition. ..
- Handa K, Takatani Nakase T, Larue L, Stemmler M, Kemler R, Hakomori S. Le(x) glycan mediates homotypic adhesion of embryonal cells independently from E-cadherin: a preliminary note. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;358:247-52 pubmed..Thus, ES or EC cells display autoaggregation and strong adhesion to Le(x)-coated plates in the absence of Ecad, further supporting the notion of Le(x) self-recognition (i.e., Le(x)-to-Le(x) interaction) in cell adhesion. ..
- Campagnolo L, Moscatelli I, Pellegrini M, Siracusa G, Stuhlmann H. Expression of EGFL7 in primordial germ cells and in adult ovaries and testes. Gene Expr Patterns. 2008;8:389-96 pubmed publisher..Our results provide the first evidence of a non-endothelial expression of EGFL7 and suggest distinctive roles for Egfl7 in vascular development and germ cell differentiation. ..
- Wang H, Morales Levy M, Rose J, Mackey L, Bodary P, EITZMAN D, et al. ?(1,3)-Fucosyltransferases FUT4 and FUT7 control murine susceptibility to thrombosis. Am J Pathol. 2013;182:2082-93 pubmed publisherThe ?(1,3)-fucosyltransferases, types IV and VII (FUT4 and FUT7, respectively), are required for the synthesis of functional selectin-type leukocyte adhesion molecule ligands...
- Jia S, Wildner H, Birchmeier C. Insm1 controls the differentiation of pulmonary neuroendocrine cells by repressing Hes1. Dev Biol. 2015;408:90-8 pubmed publisher..Our work demonstrates that Insm1 is a key factor regulating differentiation of pulmonary neuroendocrine cells. ..
- Hoos A, Protsyuk D, Borsig L. Metastatic growth progression caused by PSGL-1-mediated recruitment of monocytes to metastatic sites. Cancer Res. 2014;74:695-704 pubmed publisher..Thus, the recruitment of monocytes to metastasizing tumor cells is facilitated by endogenous selectin ligands on monocytes that enable efficient tumor cell survival, extravasation, and metastasis. ..
- Carlyon J, Akkoyunlu M, Xia L, Yago T, Wang T, Cummings R, et al. Murine neutrophils require alpha1,3-fucosylation but not PSGL-1 for productive infection with Anaplasma phagocytophilum. Blood. 2003;102:3387-95 pubmed..However, murine infection does not require neutrophil PSGL-1 expression, which has important implications for understanding how A phagocytophilum binds and infects neutrophils. ..
- Kumar A, Torii T, Ishino Y, Muraoka D, Yoshimura T, Togayachi A, et al. The Lewis X-related ?1,3-fucosyltransferase, Fut10, is required for the maintenance of stem cell populations. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:28859-68 pubmed publisherb>Lewis X (Le(X), Gal?1-4(Fuc?1-3)GlcNAc) is a carbohydrate epitope that is present at the nonreducing terminus of sugar chains of glycoproteins and glycolipids, and is abundantly expressed in several stem cell populations...