Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Frzb
Description: frizzled-related protein
Alias: Frp, Sfrp3, frezzled, fritz, frzb-1, frizzled-related protein 1, sFRP-3, secreted frizzled-related protein 3, secreted frizzled-related sequence protein 3
- Epithelial Wnt/β-catenin signaling regulates palatal shelf fusion through regulation of Tgfβ3 expressionFenglei He
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70118, USA
Dev Biol 350:511-9. 2011..Collectively, our results demonstrate an essential role for Wnt/β-catenin signaling in the epithelial component at the step of palate fusion during palate development by controlling the expression of Tgfβ3 in the MEE...
- Secreted frizzled-related protein 3 regulates activity-dependent adult hippocampal neurogenesisMi Hyeon Jang
Institute for Cell Engineering, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Cell Stem Cell 12:215-23. 2013..Here, we report that neuronal activity decreases the expression of secreted frizzled-related protein 3 (sFRP3), a naturally secreted Wnt inhibitor highly expressed by adult dentate gyrus granule neurons...
- Articular cartilage and biomechanical properties of the long bones in Frzb-knockout miceRik J U Lories
Laboratory for Skeletal Development and Joint Disorders, Department of Rheumatology, University Hospitals Leuven, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Herestraat 49, Leuven, Belgium
Arthritis Rheum 56:4095-103. 2007..In particular, polymorphisms in the FRZB gene, a secreted WNT antagonist, have been associated with osteoarthritis...
- Effects of secreted frizzled-related protein 3 on osteoblasts in vitroYoon Sok Chung
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon, South Korea
J Bone Miner Res 19:1395-402. 2004To examine if sFRP3s act as decoy receptors for Wnt, we examined the effects of recombinant sFRP3 on mouse osteoblast proliferation and differentiation...
- Scl represses cardiomyogenesis in prospective hemogenic endothelium and endocardiumBen Van Handel
Department of Molecular, Cell, and Developmental Biology, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Cell 150:590-605. 2012..These results reveal unexpected plasticity in embryonic endothelium such that loss of a single master regulator can induce ectopic cardiomyogenesis from endothelial cells...
- Wnt inhibitory factor 1 (Wif1) is regulated by androgens and enhances androgen-dependent prostate developmentKimberly P Keil
Department of Comparative Biosciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Endocrinology 153:6091-103. 2012....
- Concerted involvement of Cdx/Hox genes and Wnt signaling in morphogenesis of the caudal neural tube and cloacal derivatives from the posterior growth zoneCesca van de Ven
Hubrecht Institute, Developmental Biology and Stem Cell Research, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Development 138:3451-62. 2011..They shed a new light on the etiology of the caudal dysplasia or caudal regression range of human congenital defects...
- Restriction of Wnt signaling in the dorsal otocyst determines semicircular canal formation in the mouse embryoTeppei Noda
Department of Developmental Biology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, Japan
Dev Biol 362:83-93. 2012..Our stage-specific functional analysis suggests that strict regulation of canonical Wnt signaling in the dorsal otocyst orchestrates the process of semicircular canal formation...
- Expression pattern of two Frizzled-related genes, Frzb-1 and Sfrp-1, during mouse embryogenesis suggests a role for modulating action of Wnt family membersB H Hoang
Department of Orthopaedics, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Case Western Reserve University, Ohio 44106, USA
Dev Dyn 212:364-72. 1998..We previously identified Frzb-1, a gene which encodes a secreted protein with homology in the ligand binding domain to the Wnt receptor Frizzled, ..
- SFRP1 and SFRP2 dose-dependently regulate midbrain dopamine neuron development in vivo and in embryonic stem cellsJulianna Kele
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institute, Scheeleväg 1, Stockholm, Sweden
Stem Cells 30:865-75. 2012..Moreover, we suggest that low-medium concentrations of sFRPs may be used to enhance the DA differentiation of ESCs and improve their therapeutic application...
- Bcl11a is required for neuronal morphogenesis and sensory circuit formation in dorsal spinal cord developmentAnita John
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Anatomy, Ulm University, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Development 139:1831-41. 2012..of Bcl11a mutants and identified dysregulated expression of the gene encoding secreted frizzled-related protein 3 (sFRP3, or Frzb)...
- Tight regulation of wingless-type signaling in the articular cartilage - subchondral bone biomechanical unit: transcriptomics in Frzb-knockout miceLiesbet Lodewyckx
Laboratory for Skeletal Development and Joint Disorders, Department of Development and Regeneration, KU Leuven, Belgium
Arthritis Res Ther 14:R16. 2012The aim of this research was to study molecular changes in the articular cartilage and subchondral bone of the tibial plateau from mice deficient in frizzled-related protein (Frzb) compared to wild-type mice by transcriptome analysis.
- Frzb-1 is a secreted antagonist of Wnt signaling expressed in the Spemann organizerL Leyns
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of California, Los Angeles 90095 1662, USA
Cell 88:747-56. 1997b>Frzb-1 is a secreted protein containing a domain similar to the putative Wnt-binding region of the frizzled family of transmembrane receptors. Frzb-1 is widely expressed in adult mammalian tissues...
- Wnt3a binds to several sFRPs in the nanomolar rangeDanuta Wawrzak
Laboratory for Cell Genetics, Vrije Universiteit Brussel VUB, Pleinlaan 2, B 1050 Brussels, Belgium
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 357:1119-23. 2007..Here we show, using surface plasmon resonance and purified proteins, that sFRP1, sFRP2, sFRP4, and Frzb bind directly to Wnt3a with affinities in the nanomolar range...
- Wnt5a functions in planar cell polarity regulation in miceDong Qian
Department of Cell Biology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Dev Biol 306:121-33. 2007..that Wnt5a forms a reciprocal expression pattern with a Wnt antagonist, the secreted frizzled-related protein 3 (Sfrp3 or Frzb), along the axis of planar polarization in the cochlear epithelium...
- Systems genetic analysis of peripheral iron parameters in the mouseByron C Jones
Department of Biobehavioral Health, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16827, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 293:R116-24. 2007..The results show that iron homeostasis is a complex trait and is influenced by multiple genes...
- Differential effects of secreted frizzled-related proteins (sFRPs) on osteoblastic differentiation of mouse mesenchymal cells and apoptosis of osteoblastsSun Wook Cho
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yungun Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 744, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 367:399-405. 2008..In conclusion, we found that different repertoires of sFRPs exert differential effects on osteoblastic differentiation of mouse mesenchymal cells and cellular apoptosis of mouse osteoblasts in vitro...
- Coordinated molecular control of otic capsule differentiation: functional role of Wnt5a signaling and opposition by sfrp3 activityWei Liu
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Growth Factors 26:343-54. 2008..We show that in the presence of secreted frizzled related protein 3 (sfrp3), a Wnt antagonist expressed in the developing inner ear, or Wnt5a-specific antisense ..
- Role of chromatin remodeling gene Cecr2 in neurulation and inner ear developmentChristine E Dawe
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Dev Dyn 240:372-83. 2011..The mechanism of Cecr2 action in neurogenesis and inner ear development is likely complex...
- Mechanisms of Wnt signaling in developmentA Wodarz
Institut fur Genetik, Universitat Dusseldorf, Germany
Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 14:59-88. 1998..Here we review recent data that have started to unravel the mechanisms of Wnt signaling...
- Wnt signaling in heart valve development and osteogenic gene inductionChristina M Alfieri
Division of Molecular Cardiovascular Biology, Cincinnati Children s Medical Center, ML 7020, 240 Albert Sabin Way, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Dev Biol 338:127-35. 2010..Together, these studies provide evidence for Wnt signaling as a regulator of endocardial cushion maturation as well as valve leaflet stratification, homeostasis, and pathogenesis...
- Transcriptome analysis of the murine forelimb and hindlimb autopodSiming Shou
Research Division, Shriners Hospital for Children, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Dev Dyn 234:74-89. 2005..05) were detected between forelimb and hindlimb tissues including 38 new transcripts such as Rdh10, Frzb, Tbx18, and Hip that exhibit differential limb expression...
- Dissecting Wnt/beta-catenin signaling during gastrulation using RNA interference in mouse embryosHeiko Lickert
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto M5G 1X5, Canada
Development 132:2599-609. 2005..This functional genomic approach allows the rapid identification of functionally important components of embryonic development from large datasets of putative targets...
- Characterization of Frzb-Cre transgenic mousePrzemko Tylzanowski
Department of Rheumatology, University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Genesis 40:200-4. 2004..by secreted antagonists that either bind to the receptors directly (Dkk1) or to Wnt molecules themselves (Sfrp-FRZB family), preventing its subsequent binding to the receptor...
- Evaluation of mouse Sfrp3/Frzb1 as a candidate for the lst, Ul, and Far mutants on chromosome 2C L Peichel
Department of Molecular Biology, Lewis Thomas Laboratory, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey 08544, USA
Mamm Genome 9:385-7. 1998
- sFRP-2 is a target of the Wnt-4 signaling pathway in the developing metanephric kidneyB Lescher
Max Planck Institut fur Immunbiologie, Abteilung für Molekulare Embryologie, Freiburg, Germany
Dev Dyn 213:440-51. 1998....
- Expression of Wnt signalling pathway genes during tooth developmentL Sarkar
Department of Craniofacial Development, Guy s Tower, Guy s, Kings and St Thomas Schools of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences, Floor 28, Guy s Tower, London Bridge, London SE1 9RT, UK
Mech Dev 85:197-200. 1999..Wnt-5a and MFrzb1 show strong expression in the dental papilla mesenchyme...
- Transplacental delivery of the Wnt antagonist Frzb1 inhibits development of caudal paraxial mesoderm and skeletal myogenesis in mouse embryosU Borello
Istituto Pasteur Cenci Bolognetti, Dipartimento di Istologia ed Embriologia Medica, Universita di Roma La Sapienza, Via A Scarpa 14, Italy
Development 126:4247-55. 1999..Taken together, these results suggest that Wnt signals may act by regulating both myogenic commitment and expansion of committed cells in the mouse mesoderm...
- SHH-N upregulates Sfrp2 to mediate its competitive interaction with WNT1 and WNT4 in the somitic mesodermC S Lee
Department of Embryology, Carnegie Institution of Washington, Baltimore, MD 21210, USA
Development 127:109-18. 2000..Together, our results support the model that SHH-N at least in part employs SFRP2 to reduce WNT1/4 activity in the somitic mesoderm...
- Cloning and expression of the Wnt antagonists Sfrp-2 and Frzb during chick developmentR K Ladher
Department of Craniofacial Development, Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Dentistry, Guy s Tower, Floor 27, Guy s Hospital, London, SE1 9RT, United Kingdom
Dev Biol 218:183-98. 2000..In this paper we report the expression patterns of the chick homologues of Frzb, a known Wnt antagonist, and Sfrp-2...
- Wnt receptors and Wnt inhibitors are expressed in gradients in the developing telencephalonA S Kim
Neurodevelopmental Disorders Laboratory, Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0435, USA
Mech Dev 103:167-72. 2001..In addition, SFRP-1 and SFRP-3 are expressed in opposing anterolateral to caudomedial gradients within the telencephalic ventricular zone throughout corticogenesis...
- Insights into Wnt binding and signalling from the structures of two Frizzled cysteine-rich domainsC E Dann
Department of Biophysics and Biophysical Chemistry, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Nature 412:86-90. 2001..This work provides a framework for studies of homologous CRDs in proteins including muscle-specific kinase and Smoothened, a component of the Hedgehog signalling pathway...
- Transcriptional activity of the promoter region of rat frizzled-related protein geneJ W Yam
Department of Biology, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 286:94-100. 2001Frizzled-related protein (Frp) is a new family of secreted proteins involved in tumorigenesis and Wnt-signaling pathway...
- Expression of Tcf/Lef and sFrp and localization of beta-catenin in the developing mouse lungM Tebar
Department of Pulmonology, Leiden University Medical Center, NL 2300 RC, Leiden, The Netherlands
Mech Dev 109:437-40. 2001..5 onward), and adjacent mesenchyme. Tcf1, Lef1, Tcf3, Tcf4, sFrp1, sFrp2 and sFrp4 were also expressed in the PE, AE, and adjacent mesenchyme in specific spatio-temporal patterns...
- Regulation of Wnt signaling during adipogenesisChristina N Bennett
Department of Physiology, 7620 Medical Science II, University of Michigan Medical School, 1301 E Catherine Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0622, USA
J Biol Chem 277:30998-1004. 2002..Finally, we demonstrate that disruption of extracellular Wnt signaling by expression of secreted Frizzled related proteins causes spontaneous adipocyte conversion...
- Functional ablation of the mouse Ldb1 gene results in severe patterning defects during gastrulationMahua Mukhopadhyay
Department of Anatomy, University of Wisconsin Madison Medical School, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Development 130:495-505. 2003..The expression of several Wnt inhibitors is curtailed in the mutant, suggesting that Wnt pathways may be involved in axial patterning regulated by Ldb1...
- Characterization of Wnt signaling components and activation of the Wnt canonical pathway in the murine retinaHong Liu
Molecular Medicine Program, Ottawa Health Research Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Dev Dyn 227:323-34. 2003....
- Members of the Wnt, Fz, and Frp gene families expressed in postnatal mouse cerebral cortexTomomi Shimogori
Department of Neurobiology, Pharmacology, and Physiology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Comp Neurol 473:496-510. 2004..Thus, canonical Wnt signaling could be utilized in a major cortical input by Fz- and Lef1-expressing thalamic cells that innervate the Wnt-expressing cortex...
- Lmx1b expression during joint and tendon formation: localization and evaluation of potential downstream targetsSandra D Dreyer
Department of Pathology and Human Anatomy, Loma Linda University, 24785 Stewart St, Loma Linda, CA 92350, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 4:397-405. 2004..to developing joints and associated tissues in normal and Lmx1b knockout (KO) mice including: Gdf-5, sFrp2, sFrp3, Six1 and Six2. Lmx1b was diffusely expressed in the undifferentiated dorsal mesoderm of the emerging limb bud (E9...
- The del22q11.2 candidate gene Tbx1 regulates branchiomeric myogenesisRobert G Kelly
Department of Genetics and Development, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Hum Mol Genet 13:2829-40. 2004..While no abnormalities in branchiomeric myogenesis were detected in Tbx1(+/-) mice, reduced TBX1 levels may contribute to pharyngeal hypotonia in del22q11.2 patients...
- Fritz: a secreted frizzled-related protein that inhibits Wnt activityT Mayr
Max Planck Institut für physiologische, Bad Nauheim, Germany
Mech Dev 63:109-25. 1997..Here we describe the cloning and characterization of Fritz, a mouse (mfiz) and human (hfiz) gene which codes for a secreted protein that is structurally related to the ..