Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: fructose transporter
Description: solute carrier family 2 (facilitated glucose transporter), member 5
Alias: AI526984, Glut5, Slc5a, solute carrier family 2, facilitated glucose transporter member 5, GLUT-5, fructose transporter, glucose transporter type 5, small intestine
Products: fructose transporter
- Fatima J, Iqbal C, Houghton S, Kasparek M, Duenes J, Zheng Y, et al. Hexose transporter expression and function in mouse small intestine: role of diurnal rhythm. J Gastrointest Surg. 2009;13:634-41 pubmed publisher..aim of the study was to investigate the diurnal expression and function of hexose transporters SGLT1, GLUT2, and GLUT5 in mouse small bowel...
- Jones H, Butler R, Brooks D. Intestinal fructose transport and malabsorption in humans. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2011;300:G202-6 pubmed publisher..The major transporter for fructose in intestinal epithelial cells is thought to be the facilitative transporter GLUT5. Consistent with a facilitative transport system, we show here by analysis of past studies on healthy adults that ..
- Corpe C, Bovelander F, Munoz C, Hoekstra J, Simpson I, Kwon O, et al. Cloning and functional characterization of the mouse fructose transporter, GLUT5. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1576:191-7 pubmedMouse GLUT5 cDNA and a 7.7-kb genomic fragment have been isolated and characterized. The cDNA sequence suggests mouse GLUT5 is composed of 501 amino acids, and has 69-88% amino acid identity with human, rat, and rabbit GLUT5...
- Singh A, Amlal H, Haas P, Dringenberg U, Fussell S, Barone S, et al. Fructose-induced hypertension: essential role of chloride and fructose absorbing transporters PAT1 and Glut5. Kidney Int. 2008;74:438-47 pubmed publisher..fructose intake enhanced expression of this transporter as well as the fructose-absorbing transporter Slc2a5 (Glut5) in the small intestine of wild type mice...
- Sakar Y, Nazaret C, Letteron P, Ait Omar A, Avenati M, Viollet B, et al. Positive regulatory control loop between gut leptin and intestinal GLUT2/GLUT5 transporters links to hepatic metabolic functions in rodents. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7935 pubmed publisher..In this study, we determine the effects of luminal leptin on activity/expression of GLUT2 and GLUT5 transporters in response to sugars intake and analyse their physiological consequences...
- Chauvin T, Xie F, Liu T, Nicora C, Yang F, Camp D, et al. A systematic analysis of a deep mouse epididymal sperm proteome. Biol Reprod. 2012;87:141 pubmed publisher..This proteome should prove a useful tool for assembly and testing of protein networks important for sperm function. ..