Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Frs3
Description: fibroblast growth factor receptor substrate 3
Alias: 4930417B13Rik, AI449674, Frs2beta, Snt2, fibroblast growth factor receptor substrate 3, FGFR substrate 3, FRS2-beta, suc1-associated neurotrophic factor target 2 (FGFR signalling adaptor)
- Zhou L, McDougall K, Kubu C, Verdi J, Meakin S. Genomic organization and comparative sequence analysis of the mouse and human FRS2, FRS3 genes. Mol Biol Rep. 2003;30:15-25 pubmedThe signaling adapter proteins FRS2 and FRS3 are implicated in the transmission of extracellular signals from nerve growth factor (NGF) or fibroblast growth factor (FGF) receptors to the Ras/mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling ..
- Gotoh N, Laks S, Nakashima M, Lax I, Schlessinger J. FRS2 family docking proteins with overlapping roles in activation of MAP kinase have distinct spatial-temporal patterns of expression of their transcripts. FEBS Lett. 2004;564:14-8 pubmedFRS2alpha and FRS2beta, two members of the FRS2 family of docking proteins, become tyrosine phosphorylated in response to fibroblast growth factor (FGF) or nerve growth factor (NGF) stimulation...
- Nandi S, Gutin G, Blackwood C, Kamatkar N, Lee K, Fishell G, et al. FGF-Dependent, Context-Driven Role for FRS Adapters in the Early Telencephalon. J Neurosci. 2017;37:5690-5698 pubmed publisher..Here, we used the developing mouse telencephalon as an example to study the role of the FRS adapters FRS2 and FRS3 in mediating the functions of FGFRs...
- Avery A, Figueroa C, Vojtek A. UNC-51-like kinase regulation of fibroblast growth factor receptor substrate 2/3. Cell Signal. 2007;19:177-84 pubmed..We demonstrate that siRNA targeting ULK2 in mouse P19 cells results in elevated FGFR1 mediated FRS3 and SHP2 tyrosyl phosphorylation...
- Chikamori M, Fujimoto J, Tokai Nishizumi N, Yamamoto T. Identification of multiple SNT-binding sites on NPM-ALK oncoprotein and their involvement in cell transformation. Oncogene. 2007;26:2950-4 pubmed..This raises a possibility that SNT family proteins play significant roles in cellular transformation triggered by NPM-ALK, which though remains to be verified. ..
- Brewer J, Molotkov A, Mazot P, Hoch R, Soriano P. Fgfr1 regulates development through the combinatorial use of signaling proteins. Genes Dev. 2015;29:1863-74 pubmed publisher..This suggests that Erk1/2-independent signaling pathways are functionally important for Fgf signaling in vivo. ..