Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Foxp1
Description: forkhead box P1
Alias: 3110052D19Rik, 4932443N09Rik, AI461938, AW494214, forkhead box protein P1, forkhead-related transcription factor 1
- Kao T, Palmesino E, Kania A. SRC family kinases are required for limb trajectory selection by spinal motor axons. J Neurosci. 2009;29:5690-700 pubmed publisher..In summary, our findings demonstrate that SFKs are essential for motor axon guidance and suggest that they play an important role in relaying ephrin:Eph signals that mediate the selection of motor axon trajectory in the limb. ..
- Hu H, Wang B, Borde M, Nardone J, Maika S, Allred L, et al. Foxp1 is an essential transcriptional regulator of B cell development. Nat Immunol. 2006;7:819-26 pubmed..Here we demonstrate that absence of the gene encoding the forkhead transcription factor Foxp1 resulted in a profound defect in early B cell development...
- Hanashima C, Li S, Shen L, Lai E, Fishell G. Foxg1 suppresses early cortical cell fate. Science. 2004;303:56-9 pubmed..Hence, the competence to generate the earliest born neurons during later cortical development is actively suppressed but not lost. ..
- Wang B, Weidenfeld J, Lu M, Maika S, Kuziel W, Morrisey E, et al. Foxp1 regulates cardiac outflow tract, endocardial cushion morphogenesis and myocyte proliferation and maturation. Development. 2004;131:4477-87 pubmedWe have recently described a new subfamily of Fox genes, Foxp1/2/4, which are transcriptional repressors and are thought to regulate important aspects of development in several tissues, including the lung, brain, thymus and heart...
- Rousso D, Gaber Z, Wellik D, Morrisey E, Novitch B. Coordinated actions of the forkhead protein Foxp1 and Hox proteins in the columnar organization of spinal motor neurons. Neuron. 2008;59:226-40 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that the Forkhead domain transcription factor Foxp1 plays a critical role in defining the columnar identity of motor neurons at each axial position...
- Luria V, Krawchuk D, Jessell T, Laufer E, Kania A. Specification of motor axon trajectory by ephrin-B:EphB signaling: symmetrical control of axonal patterning in the developing limb. Neuron. 2008;60:1039-53 pubmed publisher..The involvement of ephrin:Eph signaling in guiding both sets of motor axons raises the possibility that other signaling systems function primarily to refine or modulate a core Eph signaling program. ..
- Sürmeli G, Akay T, Ippolito G, Tucker P, Jessell T. Patterns of spinal sensory-motor connectivity prescribed by a dorsoventral positional template. Cell. 2011;147:653-65 pubmed publisher..An analysis of sensory-motor connectivity patterns in FoxP1 mutant mice, where motor neuron position has been scrambled, shows that the final pattern of sensory-motor ..
- Waclaw R, Wang B, Pei Z, Ehrman L, Campbell K. Distinct temporal requirements for the homeobox gene Gsx2 in specifying striatal and olfactory bulb neuronal fates. Neuron. 2009;63:451-65 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that Gsx2 specifies striatal projection neuron and olfactory bulb interneuron identity at distinct time points during telencephalic neurogenesis. ..
- Lu M, Li S, Yang H, Morrisey E. Foxp4: a novel member of the Foxp subfamily of winged-helix genes co-expressed with Foxp1 and Foxp2 in pulmonary and gut tissues. Mech Dev. 2002;119 Suppl 1:S197-202 pubmed..The full-length mouse Foxp4 cDNA encodes a 685-amino-acid protein that is similar to Foxp1 and Foxp2...
- Palmesino E, Rousso D, Kao T, Klar A, Laufer E, Uemura O, et al. Foxp1 and lhx1 coordinate motor neuron migration with axon trajectory choice by gating Reelin signalling. PLoS Biol. 2010;8:e1000446 pubmed publisher..motor column (LMC) motor axons where the Eph receptor signals specifying growth cone trajectory are restricted by Foxp1 and Lhx1 transcription factors...
- Shi B, Geng J, Wang Y, Wei H, Walters B, Li W, et al. Foxp1 Negatively Regulates T Follicular Helper Cell Differentiation and Germinal Center Responses by Controlling Cell Migration and CTLA-4. J Immunol. 2018;200:586-594 pubmed publisher..Our previous work has shown that transcription factor Foxp1 is a critical negative regulator of Tfh cell differentiation...
- Waclaw R, Ehrman L, Merchan Sala P, Kohli V, Nardini D, Campbell K. Foxo1 is a downstream effector of Isl1 in direct pathway striatal projection neuron development within the embryonic mouse telencephalon. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2017;80:44-51 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings suggest that Foxo-regulated pathways are downstream of Isl1 in the survival and/or differentiation of direct pathway SPNs. ..
- Zhang Q, Zhang Y, Wang C, Xu Z, Liang Q, An L, et al. The Zinc Finger Transcription Factor Sp9 Is Required for the Development of Striatopallidal Projection Neurons. Cell Rep. 2016;16:1431-1444 pubmed publisher..RNA-seq and in situ hybridization reveal that Sp9 promotes expression of Adora2a, P2ry1, Gpr6, and Grik3 in the LGE and striatum. Thus, Sp9 is crucial for the generation, differentiation, and survival of striatopallidal MSNs. ..
- Wijchers P, Hoekman M, Burbach J, Smidt M. Identification of forkhead transcription factors in cortical and dopaminergic areas of the adult murine brain. Brain Res. 2006;1068:23-33 pubmed..These forkhead transcription factors may play a role in maintenance and survival of developing and adult neurons. ..
- Asprer J, Lee B, Wu C, Vadakkan T, Dickinson M, Lu H, et al. LMO4 functions as a co-activator of neurogenin 2 in the developing cortex. Development. 2011;138:2823-32 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that LMO4 promotes the acquisition of cortical neuronal identities by forming a complex with NGN2 and subsequently activating NGN2-dependent gene expression. ..
- Cubelos B, Sebastián Serrano A, Kim S, Moreno Ortiz C, Redondo J, Walsh C, et al. Cux-2 controls the proliferation of neuronal intermediate precursors of the cortical subventricular zone. Cereb Cortex. 2008;18:1758-70 pubmed..Our results point to Cux-2 as a key element in the control of the proliferation rates of the SVZ precursors and the number of upper cortical neurons, without altering the number of deep cortical layers. ..
- Cesario J, Landin Malt A, Deacon L, Sandberg M, Vogt D, Tang Z, et al. Lhx6 and Lhx8 promote palate development through negative regulation of a cell cycle inhibitor gene, p57Kip2. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:5024-39 pubmed publisher..This is the first report elucidating a molecular genetic pathway downstream of Lhx in palate development. ..
- Katayama K, Leslie J, Lang R, Zheng Y, Yoshida Y. Left-right locomotor circuitry depends on RhoA-driven organization of the neuroepithelium in the developing spinal cord. J Neurosci. 2012;32:10396-407 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that RhoA functions to maintain neuroepithelial structures in the developing spinal cord and that proper organization of the neuroepithelium is required for appropriate left-right motor behavior. ..
- Ota H, Sakurai M, Gupta R, Valente L, Wulff B, Ariyoshi K, et al. ADAR1 forms a complex with Dicer to promote microRNA processing and RNA-induced gene silencing. Cell. 2013;153:575-89 pubmed publisher..As expected, the expression of miRNAs is globally inhibited in ADAR1(-/-) mouse embryos, which, in turn, alters the expression of their target genes and might contribute to their embryonic lethal phenotype. ..
- Turcatel G, Rubin N, Menke D, Martin G, Shi W, Warburton D. Lung mesenchymal expression of Sox9 plays a critical role in tracheal development. BMC Biol. 2013;11:117 pubmed publisher..Sox9 is expressed in both distal lung epithelium and proximal lung mesenchyme. Here, we investigated the effect of lung mesenchyme-specific inducible deletion of Sox9 during murine lung development...
- Wang Y, Zhao L, SMAS C, Sul H. Pref-1 interacts with fibronectin to inhibit adipocyte differentiation. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:3480-92 pubmed publisher..We conclude that, by interacting with fibronectin, Pref-1 activates integrin downstream signaling to activate MEK/ERK and to inhibit adipocyte differentiation. ..
- Wang B, Waclaw R, Allen Z, Guillemot F, Campbell K. Ascl1 is a required downstream effector of Gsx gene function in the embryonic mouse telencephalon. Neural Dev. 2009;4:5 pubmed publisher..These results, therefore, reveal a non-proneural requirement of Ascl1 that together with Gsx1 compensates for the loss of Gsx2 in a subset of LGE progenitors. ..
- Francius C, Clotman F. Dynamic expression of the Onecut transcription factors HNF-6, OC-2 and OC-3 during spinal motor neuron development. Neuroscience. 2010;165:116-29 pubmed publisher..Together, our data unveil a complex and dynamic expression profile of the OC proteins in spinal MN, which suggests that these factors may participate in regulatory networks that control different steps of motor neuron development. ..
- Feng X, Ippolito G, Tian L, Wiehagen K, Oh S, Sambandam A, et al. Foxp1 is an essential transcriptional regulator for the generation of quiescent naive T cells during thymocyte development. Blood. 2010;115:510-8 pubmed publisher..Here we demonstrate that the loss of transcription factor Foxp1 results in the abnormal development of T cells...
- Gabut M, Samavarchi Tehrani P, Wang X, Slobodeniuc V, O Hanlon D, Sung H, et al. An alternative splicing switch regulates embryonic stem cell pluripotency and reprogramming. Cell. 2011;147:132-46 pubmed publisher..cell (ESC)-specific AS event that changes the DNA-binding preference of the forkhead family transcription factor FOXP1. We show that the ESC-specific isoform of FOXP1 stimulates the expression of transcription factor genes required ..
- Kurz A, Wohr M, Walter M, Bonin M, Auburger G, Gispert S, et al. Alpha-synuclein deficiency affects brain Foxp1 expression and ultrasonic vocalization. Neuroscience. 2010;166:785-95 pubmed publisher..A genotype-dependent, specific and strong downregulation of forkhead box P1 (Foxp1) transcript levels was observed in all brain regions from postnatal age until old age and could be validated by ..
- Gispert S, Kurz A, Brehm N, Rau K, Walter M, Riess O, et al. Complexin-1 and Foxp1 Expression Changes Are Novel Brain Effects of Alpha-Synuclein Pathology. Mol Neurobiol. 2015;52:57-63 pubmed publisher..and 14-3-3epsilon (Ywhae) downregulation, as well as upregulation of the midbrain-specific factor forkhead box P1 (Foxp1) and of Rabgef1, were interesting as early mRNA level effects of alpha-synuclein triggered pathology...
- Julian L, Vandenbosch R, Pakenham C, Andrusiak M, Nguyen A, McClellan K, et al. Opposing regulation of Sox2 by cell-cycle effectors E2f3a and E2f3b in neural stem cells. Cell Stem Cell. 2013;12:440-52 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate a mechanism by which E2f3a and E2f3b differentially regulate Sox2 dosage in neural precursors, a finding that may have broad implications for the regulation of diverse stem cell populations. ..
- Cao Z, Lis R, Ginsberg M, Chavez D, Shido K, Rabbany S, et al. Targeting of the pulmonary capillary vascular niche promotes lung alveolar repair and ameliorates fibrosis. Nat Med. 2016;22:154-62 pubmed publisher..Thus, targeting of a maladapted hematopoietic-vascular niche, in which macrophages, PCECs and perivascular fibroblasts interact, may help to develop therapy to spur lung regeneration and alleviate fibrosis. ..
- Zhao J, Li H, Zhou R, Ma G, Dekker J, Tucker H, et al. Foxp1 Regulates the Proliferation of Hair Follicle Stem Cells in Response to Oxidative Stress during Hair Cycling. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0131674 pubmed publisher..However, the mechanisms controlling the pace of HFSC proliferation remain unclear. Here we revealed that Foxp1, a transcriptional factor, was dynamically relocated from the nucleus to the cytoplasm of HFSCs in phase ..
- Bacon C, Schneider M, Le Magueresse C, Froehlich H, Sticht C, Gluch C, et al. Brain-specific Foxp1 deletion impairs neuronal development and causes autistic-like behaviour. Mol Psychiatry. 2015;20:632-9 pubmed publisher..Mutations in the Forkhead box FOXP1 gene have been linked to all these disorders, suggesting that it may play a central role in various cognitive and ..
- Laussu J, Audouard C, Kischel A, Assis Nascimento P, Escalas N, Liebl D, et al. Eph/Ephrin Signaling Controls Progenitor Identities In The Ventral Spinal Cord. Neural Dev. 2017;12:10 pubmed publisher..Altogether our data reveal that Eph:ephrin signaling is required to control progenitor identities in the ventral spinal cord. ..
- Stephen T, Rutkowski M, Allegrezza M, Perales Puchalt A, Tesone A, Svoronos N, et al. Transforming growth factor Î²-mediated suppression of antitumor T cells requires FoxP1 transcription factor expression. Immunity. 2014;41:427-439 pubmed publisher..mechanism of T cell unresponsiveness in cancer driven by the upregulation of the transcription factor Forkhead box protein P1 (Foxp1), which prevents CD8âº T cells from proliferating and upregulating Granzyme-B and interferon-Î..
- van Boxtel R, Gomez Puerto C, Mokry M, Eijkelenboom A, van der Vos K, Nieuwenhuis E, et al. FOXP1 acts through a negative feedback loop to suppress FOXO-induced apoptosis. Cell Death Differ. 2013;20:1219-29 pubmed publisher..analyses after conditional activation of key components of the PI3K-PKB-FOXO signaling pathway and identified FOXP1 as a direct FOXO transcriptional target...
- Feng X, Wang H, Takata H, Day T, Willen J, Hu H. Transcription factor Foxp1 exerts essential cell-intrinsic regulation of the quiescence of naive T cells. Nat Immunol. 2011;12:544-50 pubmed publisher..Here we report that mature naive CD8(+) T cells lacking the transcription factor Foxp1 gained effector phenotype and function and proliferated directly in response to interleukin 7 (IL-7) in vitro...
- Philippidou P, Walsh C, Aubin J, Jeannotte L, Dasen J. Sustained Hox5 gene activity is required for respiratory motor neuron development. Nat Neurosci. 2012;15:1636-44 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that Hox5 genes orchestrate PMC development through deployment of temporally distinct wiring programs...
- Chen L, Melendez J, Campbell K, Kuan C, Zheng Y. Rac1 deficiency in the forebrain results in neural progenitor reduction and microcephaly. Dev Biol. 2009;325:162-70 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that Rac1 regulates self-renewal, survival, and differentiation of telencephalic neural progenitors, and that dysfunctions of Rac1 may lead to primary microcephaly. ..
- Usui N, Araujo D, Kulkarni A, Co M, Ellegood J, Harper M, et al. Foxp1 regulation of neonatal vocalizations via cortical development. Genes Dev. 2017;31:2039-2055 pubmed publisher..Previous studies have implicated the transcription factor FOXP1 in both brain development and ASD pathophysiology...
- Skidmore J, Cramer J, Martin J, Martin D. Cre fate mapping reveals lineage specific defects in neuronal migration with loss of Pitx2 function in the developing mouse hypothalamus and subthalamic nucleus. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2008;37:696-707 pubmed publisher..severely arrested in Pitx2(cre/null) embryos, and subclasses of subthalamic nucleus neurons identified by Lmx1b, Foxp1, and Foxp2-gene expression revealed differing sensitivities to Pitx2 dosage...
- Svoboda D, Paquin A, Park D, Slack R. Pocket proteins pRb and p107 are required for cortical lamination independent of apoptosis. Dev Biol. 2013;384:101-13 pubmed publisher..These results define a novel role of pocket proteins in regulating cortical lamination through a cell autonomous mechanism independent of their role in apoptosis. ..
- Silver D, Watkins Chow D, Schreck K, Pierfelice T, Larson D, Burnetti A, et al. The exon junction complex component Magoh controls brain size by regulating neural stem cell division. Nat Neurosci. 2010;13:551-8 pubmed publisher..Our results uncover requirements for the EJC in brain development, NSC maintenance and mitosis, thereby implicating this complex in the pathogenesis of microcephaly. ..
- Wei H, Geng J, Shi B, Liu Z, Wang Y, Stevens A, et al. Cutting Edge: Foxp1 Controls Naive CD8+ T Cell Quiescence by Simultaneously Repressing Key Pathways in Cellular Metabolism and Cell Cycle Progression. J Immunol. 2016;196:3537-41 pubmed publisherPreviously we have shown that transcription factor Foxp1 plays an essential role in maintaining naive T cell quiescence; in the absence of Foxp1, mature naive CD8(+) T cells proliferate in direct response to homeostatic cytokine IL-7...
- Li S, Koziol White C, Jude J, Jiang M, Zhao H, Cao G, et al. Epithelium-generated neuropeptide Y induces smooth muscle contraction to promote airway hyperresponsiveness. J Clin Invest. 2016;126:1978-82 pubmed publisher..Here, we have shown that loss of the transcription factors forkhead box P1 (Foxp1) and Foxp4, which are critical for lung epithelial development, in the adult airway epithelium evokes a non-Th2 ..
- Kraushar M, Viljetić B, Wijeratne H, Thompson K, Jiao X, Pike J, et al. Thalamic WNT3 Secretion Spatiotemporally Regulates the Neocortical Ribosome Signature and mRNA Translation to Specify Neocortical Cell Subtypes. J Neurosci. 2015;35:10911-26 pubmed publisher..This study advances our overall understanding of WNT signaling and the spatiotemporal regulation of mRNA translation in highly complex developing systems. ..
- Tang B, Becanovic K, Desplats P, Spencer B, Hill A, Connolly C, et al. Forkhead box protein p1 is a transcriptional repressor of immune signaling in the CNS: implications for transcriptional dysregulation in Huntington disease. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:3097-111 pubmed publisherb>Forkhead box protein p1 (Foxp1), a transcription factor showing highly enriched expression in the striatum, has been implicated in central nervous system (CNS) development, but its role in the mature brain is unknown...
- Konstantoulas C, Parmar M, Li M. FoxP1 promotes midbrain identity in embryonic stem cell-derived dopamine neurons by regulating Pitx3. J Neurochem. 2010;113:836-47 pubmed publisher..We identified FoxP1 as a novel marker for midbrain dopamine neurons...
- Zhao H, Zhou W, Yao Z, Wan Y, Cao J, Zhang L, et al. Foxp1/2/4 regulate endochondral ossification as a suppresser complex. Dev Biol. 2015;398:242-54 pubmed publisher..Here we identify the expression of Foxp1/2/4 proteins, comprised of Forkhead-box (Fox) transcription factors of the Foxp subfamily, in both perichondrial ..
- Coffinier C, Chang S, Nobumori C, Tu Y, Farber E, Toth J, et al. Abnormal development of the cerebral cortex and cerebellum in the setting of lamin B2 deficiency. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:5076-81 pubmed publisher..These studies establish an essential function for lamin B2 in neuronal migration and brain development. ..
- Suzuki Kerr H, Baba Y, Tsuhako A, Koso H, Dekker J, Tucker H, et al. Forkhead Box Protein P1 Is Dispensable for Retina but Essential for Lens Development. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:1916-1929 pubmed publisherb>Forkhead box protein P1 (Foxp1) is a transcriptional repressor expressed in many tissues. We identified Foxp1 as a highly expressed gene in retinal progenitor cells and investigated its roles during eye development...
- Dean E, Li M, Prasad N, Wisniewski S, Von Deylen A, Spaeth J, et al. Interrupted Glucagon Signaling Reveals Hepatic α Cell Axis and Role for L-Glutamine in α Cell Proliferation. Cell Metab. 2017;25:1362-1373.e5 pubmed publisher..These results indicate a hepatic α islet cell axis where glucagon regulates serum AA availability and AAs, especially L-glutamine, regulate α cell proliferation and mass via mTOR-dependent nutrient sensing. ..
- Altieri S, Jalabi W, Zhao T, Romito Digiacomo R, Maricich S. En1 directs superior olivary complex neuron positioning, survival, and expression of FoxP1. Dev Biol. 2015;408:99-108 pubmed publisher..En1-null cells also fail to express the transcription factor FoxP1, suggesting that FoxP1 lies downstream of En1...
- Kao T, Nicholl G, Johansen J, Kania A, Beg A. Î±2-chimaerin is required for Eph receptor-class-specific spinal motor axon guidance and coordinate activation of antagonistic muscles. J Neurosci. 2015;35:2344-57 pubmed publisher..Together, our observations provide the first functional evidence of an Eph receptor-class-specific intracellular signaling protein that is required for appropriate neuromuscular connectivity. ..
- Zhang Y, Li S, Yuan L, Tian Y, Weidenfeld J, Yang J, et al. Foxp1 coordinates cardiomyocyte proliferation through both cell-autonomous and nonautonomous mechanisms. Genes Dev. 2010;24:1746-57 pubmed publisher..In this study, we show that a single transcription factor, Foxp1, can control the balance of cardiomyocyte proliferation during development by targeting different pathways in the ..
- Chatzi C, Brade T, Duester G. Retinoic acid functions as a key GABAergic differentiation signal in the basal ganglia. PLoS Biol. 2011;9:e1000609 pubmed publisher..Our observation that endogenous RA is required for generation of LGE-derived GABAergic neurons in the basal ganglia establishes a key role for RA signaling in development of the forebrain. ..
- Espinosa Medina I, Saha O, Boismoreau F, Chettouh Z, Rossi F, Richardson W, et al. The sacral autonomic outflow is sympathetic. Science. 2016;354:893-897 pubmed..This simplified, bipartite architecture offers a new framework to understand pelvic neurophysiology as well as development and evolution of the autonomic nervous system. ..
- Rousso D, Pearson C, Gaber Z, Miquelajauregui A, Li S, Portera Cailliau C, et al. Foxp-mediated suppression of N-cadherin regulates neuroepithelial character and progenitor maintenance in the CNS. Neuron. 2012;74:314-30 pubmed publisher..Together, these data reveal a Foxp-based transcriptional mechanism that regulates the integrity and cytoarchitecture of neuroepithelial progenitors. ..
- Precious S, Kelly C, Reddington A, Vinh N, Stickland R, Pekarik V, et al. FoxP1 marks medium spiny neurons from precursors to maturity and is required for their differentiation. Exp Neurol. 2016;282:9-18 pubmed publisher..WGE: the developing striatum) in the mouse, we identified the gene encoding the transcription factor Forkhead box protein P1 (FoxP1) as the most highly up-regulated gene, thus providing unbiased evidence for the association of ..
- Poliak S, Norovich A, Yamagata M, Sanes J, Jessell T. Muscle-type Identity of Proprioceptors Specified by Spatially Restricted Signals from Limb Mesenchyme. Cell. 2016;164:512-25 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that proprioceptors acquire aspects of their muscle-type identity in response to mesenchymal signals expressed in restricted proximodistal and dorsoventral domains of the developing limb. ..
- Shi C, Sakuma M, Mooroka T, Liscoe A, Gao H, CROCE K, et al. Down-regulation of the forkhead transcription factor Foxp1 is required for monocyte differentiation and macrophage function. Blood. 2008;112:4699-711 pubmed publisherDown-regulation of the forkhead transcription factor Foxp1 by integrin engagement controls monocyte differentiation in vitro...
- Huettl R, Eckstein S, Stahl T, Petricca S, Ninkovic J, GÃ¶tz M, et al. Functional dissection of the Pax6 paired domain: Roles in neural tube patterning and peripheral nervous system development. Dev Biol. 2016;413:86-103 pubmed publisher..Individual sub-domains can exert distinct functions, generating a new level of complexity for transcriptional regulation by one single transcription factor not only in dorso-ventral, but also rostro-caudal neural tube patterning. ..
- Cobb J, Duboule D. Comparative analysis of genes downstream of the Hoxd cluster in developing digits and external genitalia. Development. 2005;132:3055-67 pubmed..e. the digits and the penis/clitoris. ..
- Leishman E, Howard J, Garcia G, Miao Q, Ku A, Dekker J, et al. Foxp1 maintains hair follicle stem cell quiescence through regulation of Fgf18. Development. 2013;140:3809-18 pubmed publisher..We found that the forkhead transcription factor Foxp1 is crucial for maintaining the quiescence of hair follicle stem cells...
- Pirson M, Knoops B. Expression of peroxiredoxins and thioredoxins in the mouse spinal cord during embryonic development. J Comp Neurol. 2015;523:2599-617 pubmed publisher..These striking expression patterns suggest novel functions of these enzymes at these stages and offer clues to the role of the Trx/Prdx system during embryonic development of the spinal cord. ..
- Ko H, Chen S, Chen H, Hao H, Liu F. Cell type-selective expression of the zinc finger-containing gene Nolz-1/Zfp503 in the developing mouse striatum. Neurosci Lett. 2013;548:44-9 pubmed publisher..Moreover, many Nolz-1-immunoreactive cells co-expressed Foxp1 or Foxp2, markers for striatal projection neurons...
- Lauriol J, Cabrera J, Roy A, Keith K, Hough S, Damilano F, et al. Developmental SHP2 dysfunction underlies cardiac hypertrophy in Noonan syndrome with multiple lentigines. J Clin Invest. 2016;126:2989-3005 pubmed publisher..the NSML-associated SHP2 mutation exhibited aberrant AKT activity and decreased downstream forkhead box P1 (FOXP1)/FGF and NOTCH1/EPHB2 signaling, indicating that SHP2 is required for regulating reciprocal crosstalk between ..
- Pramparo T, Youn Y, Yingling J, Hirotsune S, Wynshaw Boris A. Novel embryonic neuronal migration and proliferation defects in Dcx mutant mice are exacerbated by Lis1 reduction. J Neurosci. 2010;30:3002-12 pubmed publisher..Thus, we provide definitive evidence for a critical role for Dcx in neuronal migration and neurogenesis, as well as for the in vivo genetic interaction of the two genes most commonly involved in human neuronal migration defects. ..
- Clovis Y, Seo S, Kwon J, Rhee J, Yeo S, Lee J, et al. Chx10 Consolidates V2a Interneuron Identity through Two Distinct Gene Repression Modes. Cell Rep. 2016;16:1642-1652 pubmed publisher..This dual activity enables Chx10 to effectively separate the V2a and MN pathways. Our study uncovers a widely applicable gene regulatory principle for segregating related cell fates. ..
- Kelly C, Thymiakou E, Dixon J, Tanaka S, Godwin J, Episkopou V. Rnf165/Ark2C enhances BMP-Smad signaling to mediate motor axon extension. PLoS Biol. 2013;11:e1001538 pubmed publisher..Together the above data reveal an involvement of BMP-Smad signaling in motor axon advancement. ..
- Morikawa Y, Komori T, Hisaoka T, Senba E. Detailed expression pattern of Foxp1 and its possible roles in neurons of the spinal cord during embryogenesis. Dev Neurosci. 2009;31:511-22 pubmed publisherA member of winged-helix/forkhead transcription factors, Foxp1, is expressed in the developing spinal cord during mouse embryogenesis...
- Chai G, Zhou L, Manto M, Helmbacher F, Clotman F, Goffinet A, et al. Celsr3 is required in motor neurons to steer their axons in the hindlimb. Nat Neurosci. 2014;17:1171-9 pubmed publisher..The function of Celsr3 is Fzd3 dependent but Vangl2 independent. Our results provide evidence that the Celsr3-Fzd3 pathway interacts with EphA-ephrinA reverse signaling to guide motor axons in the hindlimb. ..
- Li X, Liu Z, Qiu M, Yang Z. Sp8 plays a supplementary role to Pax6 in establishing the pMN/p3 domain boundary in the spinal cord. Development. 2014;141:2875-84 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Sp8 plays a supplementary role to Pax6 in specifying the pMN over p3 progenitor fate through cross-repressive interactions with Nkx2-2. ..
- Morello F, Prasad A, Rehberg K, Vieira de SÃ¡ R, AntÃ³n BolaÃ±os N, Leyva Díaz E, et al. Frizzled3 Controls Axonal Polarity and Intermediate Target Entry during Striatal Pathway Development. J Neurosci. 2015;35:14205-19 pubmed publisher..e., striatal and thalamocortical axons). ..
- Wang H, Geng J, Wen X, Bi E, Kossenkov A, Wolf A, et al. The transcription factor Foxp1 is a critical negative regulator of the differentiation of follicular helper T cells. Nat Immunol. 2014;15:667-75 pubmed publisher..Here we report that naive CD4(+) T cells deficient in the transcription factor Foxp1 'preferentially' differentiated into T(FH) cells, which resulted in substantially enhanced GC and antibody ..