Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Foxa1
Description: forkhead box A1
Alias: Hnf-3a, Hnf3a, Tcf-3a, Tcf3a, hepatocyte nuclear factor 3-alpha, HNF-3-alpha, fork head domain, forkhead box protein A1, hepatocyte nuclear factor 3 alpha (winged helix transcription factor)
- Sawada A, Kiyonari H, Ukita K, Nishioka N, Imuta Y, Sasaki H. Redundant roles of Tead1 and Tead2 in notochord development and the regulation of cell proliferation and survival. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:3177-89 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Tead1 and Tead2 are functionally redundant, use YAP as a major coactivator, and support notochord maintenance as well as cell proliferation and survival in mouse development. ..
- Zaret K. Developmental competence of the gut endoderm: genetic potentiation by GATA and HNF3/fork head proteins. Dev Biol. 1999;209:1-10 pubmed..The mechanistic implications of genetic potentiation and its general significance are discussed. ..
- Kaestner K, Katz J, Liu Y, Drucker D, Schutz G. Inactivation of the winged helix transcription factor HNF3alpha affects glucose homeostasis and islet glucagon gene expression in vivo. Genes Dev. 1999;13:495-504 pubmed..We also showed that HNF3alpha could bind to and transactivate the proglucagon gene promoter. These observations invoke a central role for HNF3alpha in the regulatory control of islet genes essential for glucose homeostasis in vivo. ..
- Ukita K, Hirahara S, Oshima N, Imuta Y, Yoshimoto A, Jang C, et al. Wnt signaling maintains the notochord fate for progenitor cells and supports the posterior extension of the notochord. Mech Dev. 2009;126:791-803 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data indicate that the NPCs are derived from Noto-positive node cells, and are not fully committed to a notochordal fate. Sustained Wnt signaling is required to maintain the NPCs' notochordal fate. ..
- Besnard V, Wert S, Hull W, Whitsett J. Immunohistochemical localization of Foxa1 and Foxa2 in mouse embryos and adult tissues. Gene Expr Patterns. 2004;5:193-208 pubmedMembers of the Forkhead box (Fox) transcription factors family Foxa1 (Hnf-3 alpha), Foxa2 (Hnf-3 beta) are known to influence gene expression in endodermally derived tissues including lung, liver, pancreas, stomach, and intestine...
- Wan H, Dingle S, Xu Y, Besnard V, Kaestner K, Ang S, et al. Compensatory roles of Foxa1 and Foxa2 during lung morphogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:13809-16 pubmedb>Foxa1 and Foxa2 are closely related family members of the Foxa group of transcription factors that are coexpressed in subsets of respiratory epithelial cells throughout lung morphogenesis...
- Mavromatakis Y, Lin W, Metzakopian E, Ferri A, Yan C, Sasaki H, et al. Foxa1 and Foxa2 positively and negatively regulate Shh signalling to specify ventral midbrain progenitor identity. Mech Dev. 2011;128:90-103 pubmed publisher..Foxa2flox/flox embryos in the midbrain have demonstrated a novel role for Foxa2 and its related family member, Foxa1, to attenuate Shh signalling by inhibiting the expression of its intracellular transducer, Gli2, at the ..
- Ye D, Kaestner K. Foxa1 and Foxa2 control the differentiation of goblet and enteroendocrine L- and D-cells in mice. Gastroenterology. 2009;137:2052-62 pubmed publisherThe winged helix transcription factors Foxa1 and Foxa2 are expressed in all epithelia of the gastrointestinal tract from its embryonic origin into adulthood...
- Gofflot F, Hall M, Morriss Kay G. Genetic patterning of the developing mouse tail at the time of posterior neuropore closure. Dev Dyn. 1997;210:431-45 pubmed..These results provide a foundation for understanding the mechanisms facilitating transition from primary to secondary body axis formation, as well as the factors involved in defective spinal neurulation. ..
- Sasaki H, Hogan B. Differential expression of multiple fork head related genes during gastrulation and axial pattern formation in the mouse embryo. Development. 1993;118:47-59 pubmed..A model is proposed linking FD gene expression with gastrulation events in the mouse. ..
- Bernardo G, Lozada K, Miedler J, Harburg G, Hewitt S, Mosley J, et al. FOXA1 is an essential determinant of ERalpha expression and mammary ductal morphogenesis. Development. 2010;137:2045-54 pubmed publisherb>FOXA1, estrogen receptor alpha (ERalpha) and GATA3 independently predict favorable outcome in breast cancer patients, and their expression correlates with a differentiated, luminal tumor subtype...
- Yu X, Gupta A, Wang Y, Suzuki K, Mirosevich J, Orgebin Crist M, et al. Foxa1 and Foxa2 interact with the androgen receptor to regulate prostate and epididymal genes differentially. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2005;1061:77-93 pubmedPrevious studies from our group have shown that Foxa1 is expressed in the prostate and interacts with the androgen receptor (AR) to regulate prostate-specific genes such as prostate-specific antigen (PSA) and probasin (PB)...
- Gao N, Le Lay J, Qin W, Doliba N, Schug J, Fox A, et al. Foxa1 and Foxa2 maintain the metabolic and secretory features of the mature beta-cell. Mol Endocrinol. 2010;24:1594-604 pubmed publisherb>Foxa1 and Foxa2 play both redundant and distinct roles in early pancreas development...
- Gao N, LeLay J, Vatamaniuk M, Rieck S, Friedman J, Kaestner K. Dynamic regulation of Pdx1 enhancers by Foxa1 and Foxa2 is essential for pancreas development. Genes Dev. 2008;22:3435-48 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate here that the winged-helix transcription factors Foxa1 and Foxa2 co-occupy multiple regulatory domains in the Pdx1 gene...
- Bochkis I, Schug J, Ye D, Kurinna S, Stratton S, Barton M, et al. Genome-wide location analysis reveals distinct transcriptional circuitry by paralogous regulators Foxa1 and Foxa2. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002770 pubmed publisher..leading to the acquisition of novel biochemical properties, as analyzed here for the highly homologous paralogs Foxa1 and Foxa2 transcriptional regulators...
- Cirillo L, Lin F, Cuesta I, Friedman D, Jarnik M, Zaret K. Opening of compacted chromatin by early developmental transcription factors HNF3 (FoxA) and GATA-4. Mol Cell. 2002;9:279-89 pubmed..Thus, factors that potentiate transcription in development are inherently capable of initiating chromatin opening events. ..
- Ang S, Rossant J. HNF-3 beta is essential for node and notochord formation in mouse development. Cell. 1994;78:561-74 pubmed..HNF-3 beta is not required for the development of definitive endoderm cells, but foregut morphogenesis is severely affected in HNF-3 beta -/- embryos. ..
- Weinstein D, Ruiz i Altaba A, Chen W, Hoodless P, Prezioso V, Jessell T, et al. The winged-helix transcription factor HNF-3 beta is required for notochord development in the mouse embryo. Cell. 1994;78:575-88 pubmed..Endodermal cells are present but fail to form a gut tube in mutant embryos. These studies indicate that HNF-3 beta has an essential role in the development of axial mesoderm in mouse embryos. ..
- Monaghan A, Kaestner K, Grau E, Schutz G. Postimplantation expression patterns indicate a role for the mouse forkhead/HNF-3 alpha, beta and gamma genes in determination of the definitive endoderm, chordamesoderm and neuroectoderm. Development. 1993;119:567-78 pubmed..We also conclude that HNF-3 beta is the true orthologue of the Drosophila forkhead gene. ..
- Ang S, Wierda A, Wong D, Stevens K, Cascio S, Rossant J, et al. The formation and maintenance of the definitive endoderm lineage in the mouse: involvement of HNF3/forkhead proteins. Development. 1993;119:1301-15 pubmed..HFH-E5.1 is highly similar in structure and expression profile to the Drosophila HFH gene FD4, suggesting that HFH family members have different, evolutionarily conserved roles in development. ..
- Li Z, Tuteja G, Schug J, Kaestner K. Foxa1 and Foxa2 are essential for sexual dimorphism in liver cancer. Cell. 2012;148:72-83 pubmed publisher..Here, we discover that sexually dimorphic HCC is completely reversed in Foxa1- and Foxa2-deficient mice after diethylnitrosamine-induced hepatocarcinogenesis...
- Sun X, Meyers E, Lewandoski M, Martin G. Targeted disruption of Fgf8 causes failure of cell migration in the gastrulating mouse embryo. Genes Dev. 1999;13:1834-46 pubmed..This study identifies Fgf8 as a gene essential for gastrulation and shows that signaling via FGF8 and/or FGF4 is required for cell migration away from the primitive streak. ..
- Gasser E, Johannssen H, Rülicke T, Zeilhofer H, Stoffel M. Foxa1 is essential for development and functional integrity of the subthalamic nucleus. Sci Rep. 2016;6:38611 pubmed publisherInactivation of transcription factor Foxa1 in mice results in neonatal mortality of unknown cause. Here, we report that ablation of Foxa1 causes impaired development and loss of the subthalamic nucleus (STN)...
- Huang J, Bi Y, Zhu G, He Y, Su Y, He B, et al. Retinoic acid signalling induces the differentiation of mouse fetal liver-derived hepatic progenitor cells. Liver Int. 2009;29:1569-81 pubmed publisher..RA was further shown to induce glycogen synthesis in HP14.5 cells, an important function of mature hepatocytes. Our results strongly suggest that RA signalling may play an important role in regulating hepatic differentiation. ..
- Lodmell A, Jung J, Zaret K. Chromatin structure and functional analysis of the mouse HNF3alpha gene. Gene. 1998;214:167-76 pubmed..The results suggest a complex regulatory interplay between distinct genetic regulatory sequences that function specifically in chromatin. ..
- Kaestner K, Lee K, Schlondorff J, Hiemisch H, Monaghan A, Schutz G. Six members of the mouse forkhead gene family are developmentally regulated. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:7628-31 pubmed..fkh-1 seems to be the mammalian homologue of the Drosophila FD1 gene, as the sequences are 86% identical. fkh-1 to fkh-6 show distinct spatial patterns of expression in adult tissues and are expressed during embryogenesis. ..
- Tan Y, Xie Z, Ding M, Wang Z, Yu Q, Meng L, et al. Increased levels of FoxA1 transcription factor in pluripotent P19 embryonal carcinoma cells stimulate neural differentiation. Stem Cells Dev. 2010;19:1365-74 pubmed publisherTranscription factor FoxA1 plays a critical role during embryonic development and is activated during retinoic acid (RA)-induced neural differentiation of pluripotent P19 embryonal carcinoma cells at the early stage, which is marked by ..
- Johansson E, Andersson L, Ã–rnros J, Carlsson T, Ingeson Carlsson C, Liang S, et al. Revising the embryonic origin of thyroid C cells in mice and humans. Development. 2015;142:3519-28 pubmed publisher..the ultimobranchial body epithelium emerging from pharyngeal pouch endoderm in early organogenesis, differential Foxa1/Foxa2 expression distinguished two spatially separated pools of C cell precursors with different growth properties...
- Tsuchiya H, da Costa K, Lee S, Renga B, Jaeschke H, Yang Z, et al. Interactions Between Nuclear Receptor SHP and FOXA1 Maintain Oscillatory Homocysteine Homeostasis in Mice. Gastroenterology. 2015;148:1012-1023.e14 pubmed publisher..SHP inhibited transcriptional activation of Bhmt and cystathionine Î³-lyase by FOXA1. Expression of Bhmt and cystathionine Î³-lyase was decreased when mice were fed cholic acid but increased when ..
- Thuret S, Alavian K, Gassmann M, Lloyd C, Smits S, Smidt M, et al. The neuregulin receptor, ErbB4, is not required for normal development and adult maintenance of the substantia nigra pars compacta. J Neurochem. 2004;91:1302-11 pubmed..Finally, an assessment of their motor function revealed no behavioral deficits. The apparent lack of any mutant phenotype suggests the presence of a strong compensatory mechanism. ..
- Gofflot F, Hall M, Morriss Kay G. Genetic patterning of the posterior neuropore region of curly tail mouse embryos: deficiency of Wnt5a expression. Int J Dev Biol. 1998;42:637-44 pubmed..A possible relationship between decreased Wnt5a expression and reduced levels of heparan sulphate proteoglycan is discussed. ..
- Darlington G. Molecular mechanisms of liver development and differentiation. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 1999;11:678-82 pubmed
- Parrish M, Ott T, Lance Jones C, Schuetz G, Schwaeger Nickolenko A, Monaghan A. Loss of the Sall3 gene leads to palate deficiency, abnormalities in cranial nerves, and perinatal lethality. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:7102-12 pubmed..These studies indicate that Sall3 is required for the development of nerves that are derived from the hindbrain and for the formation of adjacent branchial arch derivatives. ..
- Mishina Y, Crombie R, Bradley A, Behringer R. Multiple roles for activin-like kinase-2 signaling during mouse embryogenesis. Dev Biol. 1999;213:314-26 pubmed
- Chen T, He S, Zhang Z, Gao W, Yu L, Tan Y. Foxa1 contributes to the repression of Nanog expression by recruiting Grg3 during the differentiation of pluripotent P19 embryonal carcinoma cells. Exp Cell Res. 2014;326:326-35 pubmed publisherTranscription factor Foxa1 plays a critical role during neural differentiation and is induced immediately after retinoic acid (RA)-initiated differentiation of pluripotent P19 embryonal carcinoma cells, correlated with the downregulated ..
- Belikov S, Holmqvist P, Astrand C, Wrange O. FoxA1 and glucocorticoid receptor crosstalk via histone H4K16 acetylation at a hormone regulated enhancer. Exp Cell Res. 2012;318:61-74 pubmed publisherThe forkhead transcription factor FoxA1 participates in many gene regulatory events with steroid hormone receptors, one example being the integrated mouse mammary tumor virus (MMTV) promoter...
- Bell S, Zhang L, Mendell A, Xu Y, Haitchi H, Lessard J, et al. Kruppel-like factor 5 is required for formation and differentiation of the bladder urothelium. Dev Biol. 2011;358:79-90 pubmed publisher..Deletion of Klf5 from the developing bladder urothelium blocked epithelial cell differentiation, impaired bladder morphogenesis and function causing hydroureter and hydronephrosis at birth. ..
- Maier J, Lo Y, Harfe B. Foxa1 and Foxa2 are required for formation of the intervertebral discs. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55528 pubmed publisher..The NP forms from the embryonic notochord. Foxa1 and Foxa2, transcription factors in the forkhead box family, are expressed early during notochord development...
- Wang C, Brodnicki T, Copeland N, Jenkins N, Harvey R. Conserved linkage of NK-2 homeobox gene pairs Nkx2-2/2-4 and Nkx2-1/2-9 in mammals. Mamm Genome. 2000;11:466-8 pubmed
- Harris Johnson K, Domyan E, Vezina C, Sun X. beta-Catenin promotes respiratory progenitor identity in mouse foregut. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:16287-92 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal an early role for beta-Catenin in the establishment of respiratory progenitors in mouse foregut endoderm. ..
- Zhao R, Watt A, Battle M, Li J, Bondow B, Duncan S. Loss of both GATA4 and GATA6 blocks cardiac myocyte differentiation and results in acardia in mice. Dev Biol. 2008;317:614-9 pubmed publisher..Our data support a model whereby GATA4 or GATA6 are essential for expression of the network of transcription factors that regulate the onset of cardiac myocyte gene expression during mammalian development. ..
- Kuo C, Morrisey E, Anandappa R, Sigrist K, Lu M, Parmacek M, et al. GATA4 transcription factor is required for ventral morphogenesis and heart tube formation. Genes Dev. 1997;11:1048-60 pubmed..However, they define a critical role for GATA4 in regulating the rostral-to-caudal and lateral-to-ventral folding of the embryo that is needed for normal cardiac morphogenesis. ..
- Minoo P, Hu L, Xing Y, Zhu N, Chen H, Li M, et al. Physical and functional interactions between homeodomain NKX2.1 and winged helix/forkhead FOXA1 in lung epithelial cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:2155-65 pubmed..The results show that NKX2.1 interacts physically and functionally with FOXA1. The nature of the interaction is inhibitory and occurs through the NKX2.1 homeodomain in a DNA-independent manner...
- Slebe F, Rojo F, Vinaixa M, Garcia Rocha M, Testoni G, Guiu M, et al. FoxA and LIPG endothelial lipase control the uptake of extracellular lipids for breast cancer growth. Nat Commun. 2016;7:11199 pubmed publisher..LIPG is ubiquitously and highly expressed under the control of FoxA1 or FoxA2 in all BCa subtypes...
- Ohlemiller K, Kiener A, Gagnon P. QTL Mapping of Endocochlear Potential Differences between C57BL/6J and BALB/cJ mice. J Assoc Res Otolaryngol. 2016;17:173-94 pubmed publisher..Candidate genes for Maced notably include Foxg1, Foxa1, Akap6, Nkx2-1, and Pax9...
- Pihlajamaa P, Sahu B, Lyly L, Aittomäki V, Hautaniemi S, Janne O. Tissue-specific pioneer factors associate with androgen receptor cistromes and transcription programs. EMBO J. 2014;33:312-26 pubmed publisher..In mouse prostate, FoxA1 serves for the same purpose...
- Xu B, Qu X, Gu S, Doughman Y, Watanabe M, Dunwoodie S, et al. Cited2 is required for fetal lung maturation. Dev Biol. 2008;317:95-105 pubmed publisher..We propose that the Cited2-Tcfap2c complex controls lung maturation by regulating Cebpa expression. Understanding the function of this complex may provide novel therapeutic strategies for patients with respiratory distress syndromes. ..
- Haitchi H, Yoshisue H, Ribbene A, Wilson S, Holloway J, Bucchieri F, et al. Chronological expression of Ciliated Bronchial Epithelium 1 during pulmonary development. Eur Respir J. 2009;33:1095-104 pubmed publisher..Chronological regulation of CBE1/Cbe1 expression during pulmonary differentiation suggests involvement in ciliogenesis, with an additional role during early lung development. ..
- Wells J, Melton D. Early mouse endoderm is patterned by soluble factors from adjacent germ layers. Development. 2000;127:1563-72 pubmed..We conclude that the differentiation of gastrulation-stage endoderm is directed by adjacent mesoderm and ectoderm, one of the earliest reported patterning events in formation of the vertebrate gut tube. ..
- Sirois J, Cote J, Charest A, Uetani N, Bourdeau A, Duncan S, et al. Essential function of PTP-PEST during mouse embryonic vascularization, mesenchyme formation, neurogenesis and early liver development. Mech Dev. 2006;123:869-80 pubmed
- Mingin G, Stahl D, Chacko J, Koul H. Global gene expression patterns in mouse wolffian duct development. J Urol. 2006;176:1701-5 pubmed..Increased expression of Foxa1 was seen at embryonic day 14.5 in the distal ureter and urogenital sinus...
- Yalley A, Schill D, Hatta M, Johnson N, Cirillo L. Loss of Interdependent Binding by the FoxO1 and FoxA1/A2 Forkhead Transcription Factors Culminates in Perturbation of Active Chromatin Marks and Binding of Transcriptional Regulators at Insulin-sensitive Genes. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:8848-61 pubmed publisher..and G6Pase promoters in HepG2 cells significantly reduces binding of RNA polymerase II and the pioneer factors FoxA1/A2. Knockdown of FoxA1 similarly reduced binding of RNA polymerase II and FoxO1...
- Ishikawa T, Tamai Y, Li Q, Oshima M, Taketo M. Requirement for tumor suppressor Apc in the morphogenesis of anterior and ventral mouse embryo. Dev Biol. 2003;253:230-46 pubmed..Our results provide genetic evidence that expression of Apc at the normal level is essential for both anterior and ventral development, in the epiblast derivatives and visceral endoderm. ..
- Liu Y, Abou Kheir W, Yin J, Fang L, Hynes P, Casey O, et al. Critical and reciprocal regulation of KLF4 and SLUG in transforming growth factor ?-initiated prostate cancer epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:941-53 pubmed publisher..We show that KLF4 and another epithelial determinant, FOXA1, are direct transcriptional inhibitors of SLUG expression in mouse and human prostate cancer cells...
- Thompson N, Gesina E, Scheinert P, Bucher P, Grapin Botton A. RNA profiling and chromatin immunoprecipitation-sequencing reveal that PTF1a stabilizes pancreas progenitor identity via the control of MNX1/HLXB9 and a network of other transcription factors. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:1189-99 pubmed publisher..In addition, we identify Bmp7, Nr5a2, RhoV, and P2rx1 as new targets of PTF1a in pancreas progenitors. ..
- Kanai Azuma M, Kanai Y, Gad J, Tajima Y, Taya C, Kurohmaru M, et al. Depletion of definitive gut endoderm in Sox17-null mutant mice. Development. 2002;129:2367-79 pubmed..Our findings indicate an important role of Sox17 in endoderm development in the mouse, highlighting the idea that the molecular mechanism for endoderm formation is likely to be conserved among vertebrates. ..
- Degraff D, Grabowska M, Case T, Yu X, Herrick M, Hayward W, et al. FOXA1 deletion in luminal epithelium causes prostatic hyperplasia and alteration of differentiated phenotype. Lab Invest. 2014;94:726-39 pubmed publisher..b>Foxa1 and Foxa2 are expressed during prostate budding and ductal morphogenesis, whereas Foxa1 expression is retained in ..
- Stott S, Metzakopian E, Lin W, Kaestner K, Hen R, Ang S. Foxa1 and foxa2 are required for the maintenance of dopaminergic properties in ventral midbrain neurons at late embryonic stages. J Neurosci. 2013;33:8022-34 pubmed publisher..Two members of the forkhead/winged helix transcription factor family, Foxa1 and Foxa2, have been recently shown to have an important influence in the early development of mDA neurons...
- Clevidence D, Overdier D, Peterson R, Porcella A, Ye H, Paulson K, et al. Members of the HNF-3/forkhead family of transcription factors exhibit distinct cellular expression patterns in lung and regulate the surfactant protein B promoter. Dev Biol. 1994;166:195-209 pubmed..Our results suggest that SPB promoter activity is regulated by HNF-3 alpha and HFH-8 proteins in a cell type-specific manner. ..
- Lai E, Clark K, Burley S, Darnell J. Hepatocyte nuclear factor 3/fork head or "winged helix" proteins: a family of transcription factors of diverse biologic function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:10421-3 pubmed..Important findings have emerged about the structure of the DNA-binding portion of the proteins as well as biologic discoveries about the diversity of the family and its implied role in early development. ..
- Sasaki H, Hogan B. HNF-3 beta as a regulator of floor plate development. Cell. 1994;76:103-15 pubmed..Ectopic dorsal neuronal differentiation and abnormal dorsal axonal projections are also seen. These results suggest that HNF-3 beta is an important regulator of floor plate development in vivo. ..
- Fujimori K, Amano F. Forkhead transcription factor Foxa1 is a novel target gene of C/EBP? and suppresses the early phase of adipogenesis. Gene. 2011;473:150-6 pubmed publisherForkhead/winged helix transcription factors (Foxs) regulate differentiation, metabolism, and development. Although Foxa1 is expressed in adipocytes, the roles and regulation of Foxa1 in them remain unclear...
- Vaziri Sani F, Kaartinen V, El Shahawy M, Linde A, Gritli Linde A. Developmental changes in cellular and extracellular structural macromolecules in the secondary palate and in the nasal cavity of the mouse. Eur J Oral Sci. 2010;118:221-36 pubmed publisher..b>Foxa1 expression also highlighted the regionalization of the palatal and nasal epithelia...
- Kitajima S, Takagi A, Inoue T, Saga Y. MesP1 and MesP2 are essential for the development of cardiac mesoderm. Development. 2000;127:3215-26 pubmed..These results strongly indicate that the defect in the cranial-cardiac mesoderm is cell-autonomous, whereas the defect in the paraxial mesoderm is a non-cell-autonomous secondary consequence. ..
- Duncan S. Transcriptional regulation of liver development. Dev Dyn. 2000;219:131-42 pubmed..The picture that emerges is that specific transcription factors use novel mechanisms to orchestrate changes in gene expression patterns that ultimately direct cell differentiation. ..
- Reddy O, Cates J, Gellert L, Crist H, Yang Z, Yamashita H, et al. Loss of FOXA1 Drives Sexually Dimorphic Changes in Urothelial Differentiation and Is an Independent Predictor of Poor Prognosis in Bladder Cancer. Am J Pathol. 2015;185:1385-95 pubmed publisherWe previously found loss of forkhead box A1 (FOXA1) expression to be associated with aggressive urothelial carcinoma of the bladder, as well as increased tumor proliferation and invasion...
- PristerÃ A, Lin W, Kaufmann A, Brimblecombe K, Threlfell S, Dodson P, et al. Transcription factors FOXA1 and FOXA2 maintain dopaminergic neuronal properties and control feeding behavior in adult mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:E4929-38 pubmed publisher..Transcription factors FOXA1 and FOXA2 (FOXA1/2) are key determinants of mDA neuronal identity during development, but their roles in adult mDA ..
- Wijchers P, Hoekman M, Burbach J, Smidt M. Identification of forkhead transcription factors in cortical and dopaminergic areas of the adult murine brain. Brain Res. 2006;1068:23-33 pubmed..These forkhead transcription factors may play a role in maintenance and survival of developing and adult neurons. ..
- Qian X, Samadani U, Porcella A, Costa R. Decreased expression of hepatocyte nuclear factor 3 alpha during the acute-phase response influences transthyretin gene transcription. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:1364-76 pubmed..We also discuss the role of reduced HNF-3 alpha expression in mediating decreased transcription of HNF-3 target genes which respond negatively to cytokine signalling. ..
- Aubin J, Lemieux M, Tremblay M, Berard J, Jeannotte L. Early postnatal lethality in Hoxa-5 mutant mice is attributable to respiratory tract defects. Dev Biol. 1997;192:432-45 pubmed..Since expression of Hoxa-5 is confined to the mesenchymal component of the developing trachea and lung, the effects observed in epithelial cells may result from a disruption of normal epithelial-mesenchymal interactions. ..
- Lu M, Yang H, Zhang L, Shu W, Blair D, Morrisey E. The bone morphogenic protein antagonist gremlin regulates proximal-distal patterning of the lung. Dev Dyn. 2001;222:667-80 pubmed..These data suggest that gremlin plays an important role in lung morphogenesis by regulating the proximal-distal patterning of the lung during development. ..
- McCune K, Mehta R, Thorat M, Badve S, Nakshatri H. Loss of ER? and FOXA1 expression in a progression model of luminal type breast cancer: insights from PyMT transgenic mouse model. Oncol Rep. 2010;24:1233-9 pubmed..mammary streak and/or gross tumors and metastases in lungs were subjected to immunohistochemical analyses for ER?, FOXA1, and GATA-3...