Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: flotillin 1
Description: flotillin 1
Alias: reggie-2, flotillin-1
Products: flotillin 1
- Frick M, Bright N, Riento K, Bray A, Merrified C, Nichols B. Coassembly of flotillins induces formation of membrane microdomains, membrane curvature, and vesicle budding. Curr Biol. 2007;17:1151-6 pubmed..Key attributes of this machinery are the dependence on coassembly of both flotillins and the inference that flotillin microdomains can exist in either flat or invaginated states. ..
- Chen T, Liu P, Ruan C, Chiu L, Kung F. The intracellular domain of amyloid precursor protein interacts with flotillin-1, a lipid raft protein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;342:266-72 pubmed
- Bickel P, Scherer P, Schnitzer J, Oh P, Lisanti M, Lodish H. Flotillin and epidermal surface antigen define a new family of caveolae-associated integral membrane proteins. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:13793-802 pubmed..Significantly, flotillin is a marker for the Triton-insoluble, buoyant membrane fraction in brain, where to date mRNA species for known caveolin gene family members have not been detected. ..
- Limpert A, Karlo J, Landreth G. Nerve growth factor stimulates the concentration of TrkA within lipid rafts and extracellular signal-regulated kinase activation through c-Cbl-associated protein. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:5686-98 pubmed..These data provide a mechanism for the lipid raft localization of TrkA and establish the importance of the CAP adaptor protein for NGF activation of the ERKs and neuronal differentiation. ..
- Rossy J, Schlicht D, Engelhardt B, Niggli V. Flotillins interact with PSGL-1 in neutrophils and, upon stimulation, rapidly organize into membrane domains subsequently accumulating in the uropod. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5403 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that flotillin-rich actin-dependent membrane microdomains are importantly involved in neutrophil uropod formation and/or stabilization and organize uropod localization of PSGL-1. ..
- Bitsikas V, Riento K, Howe J, Barry N, Nichols B. The role of flotillins in regulating a? production, investigated using flotillin 1-/-, flotillin 2-/- double knockout mice. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e85217 pubmed publisherb>Flotillin 1 and flotillin 2 associate in the plasma membrane to form microdomains that have roles in cell signaling, regulation of cell-cell contacts, membrane-cytoskeletal interactions, and endocytosis...
- Sanger J, Wang J, Gleason L, Chowrashi P, Dube D, Mittal B, et al. Arg/Abl-binding protein, a Z-body and Z-band protein, binds sarcomeric, costameric, and signaling molecules. Cytoskeleton (Hoboken). 2010;67:808-23 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that ArgBP2 may play an important role in the assembly and maintenance of myofibrils in cardiomyocytes. ..
- Miranda P, Allaire A, Sosnik J, Visconti P. Localization of low-density detergent-resistant membrane proteins in intact and acrosome-reacted mouse sperm. Biol Reprod. 2009;80:897-904 pubmed publisher..transporter 3, IZUMO, and SPAM1) and other molecules known to be enriched in membrane rafts (caveolin 2, flotillin 1, flotillin 2, and the ganglioside GM3) were selected to investigate their localization in the sperm and their ..
- Guillaume E, Comunale F, Do Khoa N, Planchon D, Bodin S, Gauthier Rouvière C. Flotillin microdomains stabilize cadherins at cell-cell junctions. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:5293-304 pubmed publisher..We have identified flotillin 1 and 2 as new partners of the cadherin complexes...
- Edgar A, Polak J. Flotillin-1: gene structure: cDNA cloning from human lung and the identification of alternative polyadenylation signals. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2001;33:53-64 pubmed..The long central alpha-helical domain may form a coiled-coil. We have isolated and characterised a cDNA encoding the human flotillin-1 gene, which may play an important role in raft formation. ..
- Vorbach C, Harrison R, Capecchi M. Xanthine oxidoreductase is central to the evolution and function of the innate immune system. Trends Immunol. 2003;24:512-7 pubmed
- Fecchi K, Volonte D, Hezel M, Schmeck K, Galbiati F. Spatial and temporal regulation of GLUT4 translocation by flotillin-1 and caveolin-3 in skeletal muscle cells. FASEB J. 2006;20:705-7 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that flotillin-1 and caveolin-3 may regulate muscle energy metabolism through the spatial and temporal segregation of key components of the insulin signaling. ..
- Pearce L, Sommer E, Sakamoto K, Wullschleger S, Alessi D. Protor-1 is required for efficient mTORC2-mediated activation of SGK1 in the kidney. Biochem J. 2011;436:169-79 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that Protor-1 may play a role in enabling mTORC2 to efficiently activate SGK1, at least in the kidney. ..
- Monje F, Divisch I, Demit M, Lubec G, Pollak D. Flotillin-1 is an evolutionary-conserved memory-related protein up-regulated in implicit and explicit learning paradigms. Ann Med. 2013;45:301-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, a translational approach-from invertebrates to rodents-led to the identification of Flotillin-1 as evolutionary-conserved memory-related protein. ..
- Blanc L, Ciciotte S, Gwynn B, Hildick Smith G, Pierce E, Soltis K, et al. Critical function for the Ras-GTPase activating protein RASA3 in vertebrate erythropoiesis and megakaryopoiesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:12099-104 pubmed publisher..Notably, the scat phenotype is recapitulated in zebrafish when rasa3 is silenced. These results highlight a critical, conserved, and nonredundant role for RASA3 in vertebrate hematopoiesis. ..
- Martins L, Leme A, Kantovitz K, de Luciane Martins E, Sallum E, Casati M, et al. Leucine-Rich Amelogenin Peptide (LRAP) Uptake by Cementoblast Requires Flotillin-1 Mediated Endocytosis. J Cell Physiol. 2017;232:556-565 pubmed publisher..J. Cell. Physiol. 232: 556-565, 2017. © 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Guan Y, Song H, Zhang G, Ai X. Overexpression of flotillin-1 is involved in proliferation and recurrence of bladder transitional cell carcinoma. Oncol Rep. 2014;32:748-54 pubmed publisher..FLOT1 expression was shown to be upregulated in human TCC. These findings suggest that FLOT1 plays an important role in the proliferation and recurrence of TCC and that silencing FLOT1 expression might be a novel therapeutic strategy. ..
- Xu X, Wu J, Li S, Hu Z, Xu X, Zhu Y, et al. Downregulation of microRNA-182-5p contributes to renal cell carcinoma proliferation via activating the AKT/FOXO3a signaling pathway. Mol Cancer. 2014;13:109 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight an important role for miR-182-5p in the pathogenesis of RCC, and restoration of miR-182-5p could be considered as a potential therapeutic strategy for RCC therapy. ..
- Hryciw T, MacDonald J, Phillips R, Seah C, Pasternak S, Meakin S. The fibroblast growth factor receptor substrate 3 adapter is a developmentally regulated microtubule-associated protein expressed in migrating and differentiated neurons. J Neurochem. 2010;112:924-39 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that neuronal Frs3 functions as a novel microtubule binding protein and they provide the first biochemical evidence that neuronal Frs3 is functionally distinct from Frs2/Frs2alpha. ..
- Swanwick C, Shapiro M, Yi Z, Chang K, Wenthold R. NMDA receptors interact with flotillin-1 and -2, lipid raft-associated proteins. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:1226-30 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study defines a novel interaction between NMDARs and flotillins. ..
- Säälik P, Padari K, Niinep A, Lorents A, Hansen M, Jokitalo E, et al. Protein delivery with transportans is mediated by caveolae rather than flotillin-dependent pathways. Bioconjug Chem. 2009;20:877-87 pubmed publisher..The participation of the caveolin-1-dependent pathway in CPP-mediated protein delivery was also corroborated by using caveolin-1 knockout mouse embryonic fibroblasts. ..