Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Flot2
Description: flotillin 2
Alias: AI573412, Esa, reggie-2, flotillin-2, epidermal surface antigen, membrane component chromosome 17 surface marker 1 homolog
- Possidonio A, Soares C, Portilho D, Midlej V, Benchimol M, Butler Browne G, et al. Differences in the expression and distribution of flotillin-2 in chick, mice and human muscle cells. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e103990 pubmed publisher..These results suggest the involvement of flotillin-2 during the initial steps of skeletal myogenesis. ..
- Miranda P, Allaire A, Sosnik J, Visconti P. Localization of low-density detergent-resistant membrane proteins in intact and acrosome-reacted mouse sperm. Biol Reprod. 2009;80:897-904 pubmed publisher..3, IZUMO, and SPAM1) and other molecules known to be enriched in membrane rafts (caveolin 2, flotillin 1, flotillin 2, and the ganglioside GM3) were selected to investigate their localization in the sperm and their behavior ..
- Swanwick C, Shapiro M, Yi Z, Chang K, Wenthold R. NMDA receptors interact with flotillin-1 and -2, lipid raft-associated proteins. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:1226-30 pubmed publisher..Overall, this study defines a novel interaction between NMDARs and flotillins. ..
- Guillaume E, Comunale F, Do Khoa N, Planchon D, Bodin S, Gauthier Rouvière C. Flotillin microdomains stabilize cadherins at cell-cell junctions. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:5293-304 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these data demonstrate that flotillin microdomains are required for cadherin stabilization at CCJs and for the formation of functional CCJs. ..
- Berger T, Ueda T, Arpaia E, Chio I, Shirdel E, Jurisica I, et al. Flotillin-2 deficiency leads to reduced lung metastases in a mouse breast cancer model. Oncogene. 2013;32:4989-94 pubmed publisher..Flotillin-2 (Flot2), together with flotillin-1, is a marker for lipid raft microdomains distinct from caveolar lipid rafts, and has ..
- Wu Y, Zhong A, Zheng H, Jiang M, Xia Z, Yu J, et al. Expression of Flotilin-2 and Acrosome Biogenesis Are Regulated by MiR-124 during Spermatogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0136671 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that miR-124 could potentially play a role in caveolin-independent vesicle trafficking and modulation of flotillin-2 expression in mouse acrosome biogenesis. ..
- Murata T, Lin M, Stan R, Bauer P, Yu J, Sessa W. Genetic evidence supporting caveolae microdomain regulation of calcium entry in endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:16631-43 pubmed..Thus, Cav-1 is required for calcium entry in vascular endothelial cells and perhaps other specialized cell types containing caveolae. ..
- Cho Y, Chema D, Moskow J, Cho M, Schroeder W, Overbeek P, et al. Epidermal surface antigen (MS17S1) is highly conserved between mouse and human. Genomics. 1995;27:251-8 pubmedA mouse monoclonal antibody ECS-1 raised to human keratinocytes detects a 35-kDa epidermal surface antigen (ESA) and causes keratinocyte dissociation in vitro. ECS-1 stains skin of 16-day mouse embryo and 8- to 9-week human fetus...
- Edgar A, Polak J. Flotillin-1: gene structure: cDNA cloning from human lung and the identification of alternative polyadenylation signals. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2001;33:53-64 pubmed..The long central alpha-helical domain may form a coiled-coil. We have isolated and characterised a cDNA encoding the human flotillin-1 gene, which may play an important role in raft formation. ..
- Ludwig A, Howard G, Mendoza Topaz C, Deerinck T, Mackey M, Sandin S, et al. Molecular composition and ultrastructure of the caveolar coat complex. PLoS Biol. 2013;11:e1001640 pubmed publisher..3D electron tomograms of the caveolar coat, labeled using cavin-MiniSOG, show that the caveolar coat is composed of repeating units of a unitary caveolar coat complex. ..
- Koch J, Solis G, Bodrikov V, Michel U, Haralampieva D, Shypitsyna A, et al. Upregulation of reggie-1/flotillin-2 promotes axon regeneration in the rat optic nerve in vivo and neurite growth in vitro. Neurobiol Dis. 2013;51:168-76 pubmed publisher..Thus, the upregulation of reggie-1 in mammalian neurons provides nerve cells with neuron-intrinsic properties required for axon growth and successful regeneration in the adult mammalian CNS. ..
- Vetrivel K, Cheng H, Kim S, Chen Y, Barnes N, Parent A, et al. Spatial segregation of gamma-secretase and substrates in distinct membrane domains. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:25892-900 pubmed
- Vorbach C, Harrison R, Capecchi M. Xanthine oxidoreductase is central to the evolution and function of the innate immune system. Trends Immunol. 2003;24:512-7 pubmed
- Hung Y, Robb E, Volitakis I, Ho M, Evin G, Li Q, et al. Paradoxical condensation of copper with elevated beta-amyloid in lipid rafts under cellular copper deficiency conditions: implications for Alzheimer disease. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:21899-907 pubmed publisher..copper complexes are more likely to form. This explains the paradoxical hypermetallation of Abeta with copper under tissue copper deficiency conditions in AD. ..
- Lalazar G, Ben Ya acov A, Livovsky D, El Haj M, Pappo O, Preston S, et al. Beta-glycoglycosphingolipid-induced alterations of the STAT signaling pathways are dependent on CD1d and the lipid raft protein flotillin-2. Am J Pathol. 2009;174:1390-9 pubmed publisher..Our results show that beta-glycosphingolipids have beneficial effects in natural killer T cell-dependent immune-mediated metabolic and malignant animal models in vivo. ..
- Banning A, Regenbrecht C, Tikkanen R. Increased activity of mitogen activated protein kinase pathway in flotillin-2 knockout mouse model. Cell Signal. 2014;26:198-207 pubmed publisher..However, our findings suggest that care needs to be taken when interfering with flotillin function, as undesired effects such as deregulation of growth-associated genes may emerge in certain cell types. ..
- Lu Z, Shen Y, Wang T, Cui M, Wang Z, Zhao H, et al. Curcumin promotes neurite outgrowth via reggie-1/flotillin-2 in cortical neurons. Neurosci Lett. 2014;559:7-12 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results implied that curcumin could mediate neurite outgrowth through reggie-1 and ERK1/2 pathway. ..
- Limpert A, Karlo J, Landreth G. Nerve growth factor stimulates the concentration of TrkA within lipid rafts and extracellular signal-regulated kinase activation through c-Cbl-associated protein. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:5686-98 pubmed..These data provide a mechanism for the lipid raft localization of TrkA and establish the importance of the CAP adaptor protein for NGF activation of the ERKs and neuronal differentiation. ..